Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,364 members, 7,819,313 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (472073 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 12:33pm On Nov 09, 2023
Quick question please, will the rule of qualifying by earning less than £100k income be for both parents? or one parent?

hmmmmmmm

Progressivegee:
Just thought to post this again. Open to all Working parents. No public funds or visa restrictions. Oga Rishi dalu o
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by florixi: 12:34pm On Nov 09, 2023
dubaiprince:

I can understand how you feel about the delay (it happens at times). I think on a norms, the turn around time for in-country tier 2 visa applications take about 8 weeks since you already complained, you need to give them 20 working days to respond. I am sure they will respond, don't be tempted to complain again as every new complain wipes out the initial one and the 20 working days start counting again.

UPDATE !!!!!!

Glory be to God Almighty. I am excited to share that the email finally dropped not long ago. Thank you to everyone who contributed. Only good news is permitted in our lives. Love always!

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 12:37pm On Nov 09, 2023
i thought it was for everyone, irrespective of immigration status..

thanks for posting this

tjsadiq:

You must have permission to access public fund to access the free 30hrs childcare
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 09, 2023
profemebee:
Quick question please, will the rule of qualifying by earning less than £100k income be for both parents? or one parent?

hmmmmmmm

One. Not combined.

https://www.gov.uk/30-hours-free-childcare

'If you or your partner have an expected ‘adjusted net income’ over £100,000 in the current tax year, you will not be eligible.'
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by makazona(m): 12:43pm On Nov 09, 2023
I just got the UK.

The cold is on the superlative.

I love what you guys are doing here. God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tushqueen(f): 12:47pm On Nov 09, 2023
Hi,

When is it cheaper to get insurance quote, long before current one expires or close to when it expires?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by samsmokey: 1:59pm On Nov 09, 2023
tushqueen:
Hi,

When is it cheaper to get insurance quote, long before current one expires or close to when it expires?
Most insurance quotes can only be about 30days before your existing one expires. So anytime between then and when your existing expires is best.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AvailableD(f): 2:24pm On Nov 09, 2023
Yes..must be in care
Ayofemidara:
please does the 20hours has to be in a care home?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Progressivegee: 2:50pm On Nov 09, 2023
profemebee:

hmmmmmmm

How many people earn up to £100k. That means only few people will qualify. Anyway they said working parents and by 2025 they said all parents
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 09, 2023
Progressivegee:

How many people earn up to £100k. That means only few people will qualify. Anyway they said working parents and by 2025 they said all parents

People who earn above 100k will NOT qualify. Those who earn less do qualify.

And there are ways to bring taxable income below 100k if one is not too far above it e.g. salary sacrifice, increased pension contributions etc.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 3:49pm On Nov 09, 2023
Progressivegee:

They didn't say all working parents

The guidelines state all "eligible working parents". The implication is that there will be some qualifying criteria, as is presently the case
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 3:52pm On Nov 09, 2023
koonbey:

People who earn above 100k will NOT qualify. Those who earn less do qualify.

And there are ways to bring taxable income below 100k if one is not too far above it e.g. salary sacrifice, increased pension contributions etc.

💯

There is also a minimum threshold/working hours, plus other conditions such as both parents in a household have to be working.

It's not a free for all as some think or some headlines suggest.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Awesomeosas: 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2023
Good day gurus in the house, I have a certificate in data analytics and a executive diploma holder in international health care administration. I’m currently going for a master degree program in international business management in UK. I did my first degree in industrial mathematics. I would like to know if I can get a job easily in UK considering the fact that I have all these certificates
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Madeu(m): 7:22pm On Nov 09, 2023
Awesomeosas:
Good day gurus in the house, I have a certificate in data analytics and a executive diploma holder in international health care administration. I’m currently going for a master degree program in international business management in UK. I did my first degree in industrial mathematics. I would like to know if I can get a job easily in UK because I have all these certificates
How many years relevant work experience ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Progressivegee: 9:16pm On Nov 09, 2023
Zahra29:

They didn't say all working parents

The guidelines state all "eligible working parents". The implication is that there will be some qualifying criteria, as is presently the case

Here you go

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by iyatrustee(f): 9:57pm On Nov 09, 2023
Progressivegee:

Here you go

You don't read words in isolation.

The very first paragraph of your screenshot talks about supporting parents to get back into work after parental leave. Your highlights seem to support that and not necessarily what you think.

It is best to read through and be sure there are no NRPF restrictions, mere use of working parents does not automatically make one meet the eligibility criteria

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Progressivegee: 10:26pm On Nov 09, 2023
iyatrustee:

The very first paragraph of your screenshot talks about supporting parents to get back into work after parental leave. Your highlights seem to support that and not necessarily what you think.

It is best to read through and be sure there are no NRPF restrictions, mere use of working parents does not automatically make one meet the eligibility criteria

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Progressivegee: 10:29pm On Nov 09, 2023
iyatrustee:

Yea. I know You are right. Just hoping for the best outcome and giving my self some hope. Let's see how things pan out in the coming months

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 11:05pm On Nov 09, 2023
i swear because it is never straight forward like that..

Progressivegee:

Yea. I know You are right. Just hoping for the best outcome and giving my self some hope. Let's see how things pan out in the coming months
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by heroshark(m): 11:29pm On Nov 09, 2023
koonbey:

One. Not combined.

https://www.gov.uk/30-hours-free-childcare

'If you or your partner have an expected ‘adjusted net income’ over £100,000 in the current tax year, you will not be eligible.'

Alot of my senior colleagues do salary sacrifice of £15K-£30k just so they could benefit from this childcare thing and also to avoid paying the higher tax band.

I hope say one day I go fit relate to their struggles 😅
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 11:35pm On Nov 09, 2023
Good evening everyone

Please, How do I send money from my naira account to pounds LemFi. . LemFi stopped doing that for some days now
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Maureen4sure: 11:38pm On Nov 09, 2023
Thank You.
Thewritingnerd:
Congratulations!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 3:11am On Nov 10, 2023
Applied for a bank job, and they ate treating your application like tissue paper........🤣😄

https://www.mylondon.news/news/east-london-news/fraud-gang-paid-crooked-santander-28024308

Why are we always like this ........ Slow and steady, eventually wins the race ........🔥👍
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 4:22am On Nov 10, 2023
Hi guys how is everyone

1) please whats the best place asides fb market to get used reliable car

2) please between using nigerian license and less than a year obtained uk license which one will give lesser insurance premium?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 4:25am On Nov 10, 2023
pruby:
Good Morning! Everyone. Please Do i need IELTS to get tier 2 sponsorship as a carer already in the UK. My husband is the student.

Yes u need,
Also if u have bsc from nigeria there is this platform they are called eccit formerly naric, they will aggregate your bsc and give you a certificate to show that you know english and you were taught in english so with that certificate there will be no need of you doing ielts again
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jagbasneh(m): 6:07am On Nov 10, 2023
Good morning guru quick one please, i want to invite my mother in-law for omugo, what documents i will need to submit?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 6:12am On Nov 10, 2023
eniola1010:
Hi guys how is everyone

1) please whats the best place asides fb market to get used reliable car

2) please between using nigerian license and less than a year obtained uk license which one will give lesser insurance premium?

Insurance is all about using "number 6"... A 65 year old would pay lower than a 45 year old. Where the car is parked, number of years in UK etc... Run am...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Datakey: 6:31am On Nov 10, 2023
Good morning house.
I'm 2 months in the UK. And I just checked my credit score on experian and it is 771. How do I boost it up? And can I apply for a credit card now ? And if yes, how do I go about that

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Datakey: 6:34am On Nov 10, 2023
Lexusgs430:
Applied for a bank job, and they ate treating your application like tissue paper........🤣😄

https://www.mylondon.news/news/east-london-news/fraud-gang-paid-crooked-santander-28024308

Why are we always like this ........ Slow and steady, eventually wins the race ........🔥👍

Good Morning boss.

Please I want to make an enquiry.

I arrived the UK in September, and I recently started driving here.

The international driving permit I came in with will expire in February and honestly speaking I'm not ready for the driving test. Can I apply for a new nigeria licence? Or I will have issues with the date it is issued, since I'm already In the UK.

I want to drive for like 4 to 5 months before going for the test
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:12am On Nov 10, 2023
Datakey:

Good Morning boss.

Please I want to make an enquiry.

I arrived the UK in September, and I recently started driving here.

The international driving permit I came in with will expire in February and honestly speaking I'm not ready for the driving test. Can I apply for a new nigeria licence? Or I will have issues with the date it is issued, since I'm already In the UK.

I want to drive for like 4 to 5 months before going for the test

Your international DL, is tied with the arrival stamp on your passport.....

Once it hits 12 month's, your IDL rights don expire.......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:14am On Nov 10, 2023
Datakey:
Good morning house.
I'm 2 months in the UK. And I just checked my credit score on experian and it is 771. How do I boost it up? And can I apply for a credit card now ? And if yes, how do I go about that

Conduct an eligibility test, prior to any application, to avoid unnecessary ticks on your credit report........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Datakey: 7:58am On Nov 10, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Your international DL, is tied with the arrival stamp on your passport.....

Once it hits 12 month's, your IDL rights don expire.......

I'm aware of that, I arrived in September. If I do any driving licence with an issuing date of November, won't that be any issue?

I just intend to drive till April or May before going for the test.

Thanks for the response

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (544) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Ticha, 080bjaked(m), toughest007, oluwaleokey, Chreze(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.