Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (485659 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (553) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 4:52pm On Nov 14, 2023
Far as I know, no one denigrated care work; we just say its too stressful for the pay it offers (99% of the time).

Most people have said you can get NVQs and upskill even within the care work or work within MH support within the NHS instead of the one that involves personal care (which is somehow to be honest)

There are better jobs out there if we can stop the care work fixation with care work is all that has been said

Plenty fight and back and forth over this is not necessary

Shalom

smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 5:52pm On Nov 14, 2023
hustla:
Far as I know, no one denigrated care work; we just say its too stressful for the pay it offers (99% of the time).

Most people have said you can get NVQs and upskill even within the care work or work within MH support within the NHS instead of the one that involves personal care (which is somehow to be honest)

There are better jobs out there if we can stop the care work fixation with care work is all that has been said

Shalom

smiley

Exactly o.

The inappropriate terminology I remember was used is "shit pay' and the person clarified that they were just trying to encourage people that they can do better.

Justwise is saying people have said severally that it is a useless work. Now na, no evidence.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 6:37pm On Nov 14, 2023
gmacnoms:
Anyone who comes here, sees how the system works, then plan accordingly.

Rent money is no dead money. No one comes here and sees there’s possibility of mortgage, then decides to pay rent for 10/20 years.

“Rent money is dead money”

Make them kukuma go sleep for under bridge na?

I’ll always say this, everyone comes in with their own peculiar situation(financially).

In due time, everybody gets and enjoys what every other person gets in this country.

No pressure yourself ✌️, pay your rent, enjoy your house, enjoy your life.

Well said!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by solveabode(m): 6:41pm On Nov 14, 2023
I heard of a Ghanian couple that returned their 2 kids to Ghana, the kids school reported them to HO. HO has mandated them to bring back the kids. The deadline is this weekend.

quote author=Cassan post=126964813]Good afternoon house.
I applied for the post study graduate route a couple of weeks ago. I just got a message regarding my dependent whom I didn’t apply for.

He was brought in at 2 years old to assess how well he would fare living with me (his father is late). However, we decided it was in his best interest to keep staying with my sister until he is slightly older so I didn’t include him in my PGWV application.

I am now worried it might be a crime taking him back. I need your advice please.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by solveabode(m): 6:48pm On Nov 14, 2023
Look for it slowly, you will see it. Have read it here. I wanted to comment then, but I just looked away.
Viruses:

Omo!

Make I look for wetin no dey, this one weak me.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 7:00pm On Nov 14, 2023
Viruses:

Exactly o.

The inappropriate terminology I remember was used is "shit pay' and the person clarified that they were just trying to encourage people that they can do better.

Justwise is saying people have said severally that it is a useless work. Now na, no evidence.

Well, the way people interprete things differ. Care to me is one kain cos I know for sure no one left Nigeria with a degree and wants to clean someone else's poo for 7 years

Individual interpretation of Lexusgs430's rent money is dead money also is seen from different perspectives. I mean someone is on the other page dragging him for saying people should try to get on the property ladder as soon as possible

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 7:22pm On Nov 14, 2023
solveabode:
Look for it slowly, you will see it. Have read it here. I wanted to comment then, but I just looked away.
Do you have evidence?

Screenshot, page number or something?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by heroshark(m): 7:26pm On Nov 14, 2023
toughest007:

...and who told you people ain't making plans to own their homes and become LLs of several other properties, not just one?! There is a way to subtly put certain things than just always blurting out rent money is dead money everytime.

You think it's fair to classify gambling and olosho monies as entertainment monies and call the other one dead money, right? Implying someone saying healthcare jobs are useless jobs is also kinda reasonable.

That your last sentence eh! grin grin grin
The way you always use humour to kill a serious talk is alarming! This caused a guy here a while back to be seriously pissed at you. I read the brouhaha and laughed all through.

Yes, if anybody says healthcare jobs is useless the person is reasonable. Reasonable don't always have to be when people conform to your narrative.
Healthcare job can be a useless job for someone, and a life saver for another, it doesn't make any of them wrong for voicing out their stance or opinion.

I for one is part of the category of people who believe Care job is poor and unbefitting and will never consider it even as a last resort, but it's doesn't mean that there is no dignity in labour and that people that do care job don't deserve respect.

It's like Okada riders in Nigeria, we all hold the opinion that Okada riding is not the best job and won't hope for our children to end up as Okada riders, but that doesn't mean there is no dignity is labor (even when that labor is Okada or care job or cleaners).

In the same manner even those in care wouldn't want their children to end up in the sector as healthcare assistants.

Some of you will insult and treat Okada riders, bus conductor, and cleaners in Nigeria and see them failures. But because you moved to the UK and see yourself working as a cleaner you automatically want everyone to not criticise the job.

There is dignity in honest labour, irrespective of the country of the stated Job.

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 8:04pm On Nov 14, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 8:06pm On Nov 14, 2023
heroshark:

Some of you will insult and treat Okada riders, bus conductor, and cleaners in Nigeria and see them failures. But because you moved to the UK and see yourself working as a cleaner you automatically want everyone to not criticise the job.

There is dignity in honest labour, irrespective of the country of the stated Job.

Thank you for stating the above because Nigerians in Nigeria generally look down on and take advantage of people in blue collar or service jobs. Even nurses are not given the respect they deserve as medical professionals.

So hopefully when they return to or visit Nigeria, they will have and champion a different mindset that values and treats people in these jobs fairly. Dignity in honest labour shouldn't be reserved for the UK only.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:13pm On Nov 14, 2023
Thewritingnerd:
Please is there a dedicated nairaland section for UK housing and other mortgage topics?

Are you saying when someone raises a question/accusation, on this thread.......

I should respond on the other thread...
😂🤔
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:16pm On Nov 14, 2023
lavida001:

This Una agenda to drag just wise and Lexus ehn.

I be like tiger generator...... 😂

Dragging, drags me out of depression,....... 😜🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Progressivegee: 8:21pm On Nov 14, 2023
hustla:

Shalom

smiley

Na dem 😁
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Progressivegee: 8:24pm On Nov 14, 2023
hustla:

Well, the way people interprete things differ. Care to me is one kain cos I know for sure no one left Nigeria with a degree and wants to clean someone else's poo for 7 years

Individual interpretation of Lexusgs430's rent money is dead money also is seen from different perspectives. I mean someone is on the other page dragging him for saying people should try to get on the property ladder as soon as possible

grin

@ Viruses here is your proof

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 8:30pm On Nov 14, 2023
Progressivegee:

Na dem 😁
grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Cassan(f): 8:32pm On Nov 14, 2023
Cassan:
Good afternoon house.
I applied for the post study graduate route a couple of weeks ago. I just got a message regarding my dependent whom I didn’t apply for.

He was brought in at 2 years old to assess how well he would fare living with me (his father is late). However, we decided it was in his best interest to keep staying with my sister until he is slightly older so I didn’t include him in my PGWV application.

I am now worried it might be a crime taking him back. I need your advice please.

Responses please? Has anyone been or known anyone in a similar position?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Cassan(f): 8:33pm On Nov 14, 2023
[quote author=solveabode post=126968813]I heard of a Ghanian couple that returned their 2 kids to Ghana, the kids school reported them to HO. HO has mandated them to bring back the kids. The deadline is this weekend.

Ah! He didn’t start school though. He barely spent a week here.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 8:39pm On Nov 14, 2023
Progressivegee:

No o...this is not tangible.

I believe they have gone to read part 1 and part 2 and the previous pages in part 3 but no evidence.

Body sweet me as I give some people work today 😀😀
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 8:41pm On Nov 14, 2023
ehizario2012:

Chief please I want to send a private message.

cbn4main:
Bro, do you have any piece of advise for a dependant skilled in Accounting and finance field looking for a job? The person has ACA(England and wales)
God bless you

My guys, I wish I had a secret formula but there isn’t. Just apply like your life depends on it, it took me months to get my first offer after interviewing like mad. Just make sure your CV is detailed with all your skills, and be flexible with the roles you apply for i.e Audit Associate, Finance Manager, Finance Business Partner, Accountant, Financial Analyst. Check the JD and look for key words and add to your CV. Always add a cover letter as well. And if too many people have applied for the job, don’t even bother yourself. Godspeed

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 8:43pm On Nov 14, 2023
Estroller:

It is still self-employment, so ideally no.
heroshark:

You need to register a company, students are not allowed to register a business
Thank you. Makes sense
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:44pm On Nov 14, 2023
Progressivegee:

undecided

If you like, cry from now till tomorrow, except for those who came on COS visa, no Nigerian with a MSc degree should be aspiring to do care and clean someone's behind for 7 years...as a hustle to gather fees, maybe YES.. but for 7 yrs?

If your mindset is stuck on doing care for 7 years, thats up to you... the problem definitely isnt me

The point is that care is not the only means to an end; there is construction and the likes. Even in care, you can upskill (NVQ etc) and get to managerial positions or go on to clinical ones / nursing etc but thing is, lots of people do not upskill and remain stuck in that care home mindset for years on end, not moving up, not moving down. I have met lots of people like that

Everyone should take advice as they see fit. I was on the student thread a while ago when justwise was advising students to plan ahead for fees and settling in. The same students who were arguing and insulting justwise got into the UK and started defaulting on fees, getting withdrawn from school, etc
Another one now is rent money being dead money, which to someone who thinks deep is reasonable... but given circumstances of. status etc, it may take a while to get to the mortgage level but still .... na vex and argument cheesy

Last last, everyone with what they like

Jah epp us all grin

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 8:49pm On Nov 14, 2023
Too many gbas gbos here on simple matter that each can just choose their interpretation and allow others choose theirs. As for me, I love Lexusgs430's gospel RENT MONEY IS DEAD MONEY. And care job, yea, care job .......make I no talk

If you now choose to interpret it literally, then it's all still about choices. shocked

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 9:13pm On Nov 14, 2023
Cassan:

Responses please? Has anyone been or known anyone in a similar position?
Apply for the child as well, that is the best thing to do as the child is a minor.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 9:15pm On Nov 14, 2023
heroshark:

Yes, if anybody says healthcare jobs is useless the person is reasonable. Reasonable don't always have to be when people conform to your narrative.

Healthcare job can be a useless job for someone, and a life saver for another, it doesn't make any of them wrong for voicing out their stance or opinion.

Please speak for yourself and yourself alone and stop generalising by using 'WE'

That you and others see care jobs, okada riding and God knows how many other jobs as useless, doesn't mean every other person see it like so!!!

I have never and will never look down on anyone's legit means of hustling. Never for one day did it in Nigeria and will never start doing it here. It's only a FOOL that does this.

I don't have to work in the care sector to be irked by people like yourself denigrating other folk's legit means of livelihood.

I repeat with my full chest, rent money is not dead money and care job is never a useless job.

I rather dignify rent money and care jobs than dignify the likes of you with a response after this.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:20pm On Nov 14, 2023
kwakudtraveller:

Apply for the child as well, that is the best thing to do as the child is a minor.

What if they ask for the child to show up?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 9:30pm On Nov 14, 2023
hustla:

undecided

If you like, cry from now till tomorrow, except for those who came on COS visa, no Nigerian with a MSc degree should be aspiring to do care and clean someone's behind for 7 years...as a hustle to gather fees, maybe YES.. but for 7 yrs?

If your mindset is stuck on doing care for 7 years, thats up to you... the problem definitely isnt me

The point is that care is not the only means to an end; there is construction and the likes. Even in care, you can upskill (NVQ etc) and get to managerial positions or go on to clinical ones / nursing etc but thing is, lots of people do not upskill and remain stuck in that care home mindset for years on end, not moving up, not moving down. I have met lots of people like that

Everyone should take advice as they see fit. I was on the student thread a while ago when justwise was advising students to plan ahead for fees and settling in. The same students who were arguing and insulting justwise got into the UK and started defaulting on fees, getting withdrawn from school, etc
Another one now is rent money being dead money, which to someone who thinks deep is reasonable... but given circumstances of. status etc, it may take a while to get to the mortgage level but still .... na vex and argument cheesy

Jah epp us all grin

Jah Rasta fried rice.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 9:33pm On Nov 14, 2023
hustla:

What if they ask for the child to show up?
I doubt it since physical biometrics are only required if you’ve lost your BRP. Her sister can use her log in details to apply and take a passport photo of the child if it’s required.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:38pm On Nov 14, 2023
kwakudtraveller:

I doubt it since physical biometrics are only required if you’ve lost your BRP. Her sister can use her log in details to apply and take a passport photo of the child if it’s required.

Hopefully, it goes well

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 10:04pm On Nov 14, 2023
toughest007:

I repeat with my full chest, rent money is not dead money and care job is never a useless job.

Guy okay, we don hear you. You fit rest now.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Progressivegee: 10:07pm On Nov 14, 2023
hustla:

undecided

Jah epp us all grin

Just look at how you are ranting

Same person denying that no one has ever said care work is useless is now here spewing trash about the care profession. Is this not hypocrisy at its peak? Even nurses give bed pan to patients and do assist carers in attending to difficult residents. So nurses shouldn't work in a care facility as well?

A carer's role isn't all about personal care. Carers also give medication and many also learn to prepare care plans which is essential to becoming a manger or getting a more senior role.

You should be the one crying not me. You wey dey hustle factory work that breaks back, yet you spew trash about other people's job. If the people you know are stuck in care jobs for 7 years with no growth, its your damn business. It isn't surprising after all, all of una na hustlas as your moniker implies. People I know who started from care have risen to become care managers and owners of care companies. They earn very well and have huge investments both in the UK and Nigeria.

So focus on your lebuke or offloading of trailers and let others be. In a couple of years, they would have earned transferable skills for other roles outside care or would have grown in their profession while chilling as Permanent residents and you with your broken back from your lebuke will be hustling from one company to another for sponsorship.

Awon evidence crew, here you go

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tier4Dependant: 10:19pm On Nov 14, 2023
It didn’t even take long to get the evidence 😂😂😂😂

We wey be carers, our eyes don see shege for this forum cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:20pm On Nov 14, 2023
Progressivegee:

Just look at how you are ranting

Same person denying that no one has ever said care work is useless is now here spewing trash about the care profession. Is this not hypocrisy at its peak? Even nurses give bed pan to patients and do assist carers in attending to difficult residents. So nurses shouldn't work in a care facility as well?

A carer's role isn't all about personal care. Carers also give medication and many also learn to prepare care plans which is essential to becoming a manger or getting a more senior role.

You should be the one crying not me. You wey dey hustle factory work that breaks back, yet you spew trash about other people's job. If the people you know are stuck in care jobs for 7 years with no growth, its your damn business. It isn't surprising after all, all of una na hustlas as your moniker implies. People I know who started from care have risen to become care managers and owners of care companies. They earn very well and have huge investments both in the UK and Nigeria.

So focus on your lebuke or offloading of trailers and let others be. In a couple of years, they would have earned transferable skills for other roles outside care or would have grown in their profession while chilling as Permanent residents and you with your broken back from your lebuke will be hustling from one company to another for sponsorship.

Awon evidence crew, here you go

Didnt read all you wrote but good luck with whatever it is

wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (553) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

Viewing this topic: AgentXxx(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.