Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,585 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (465950 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (537) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Joyglo: 10:38am On Nov 15, 2023
As a student who just came in September this year can I travel to France for just 2-3days stay?

I meet an admiral (Italian) but also a British citizen about a week ago and he wants me to go with him for holiday.

He also wants to pay my balance tuition worth £14500, he took me to see some of his restaurants in Brighton and also to see his house located at Brighton Marina and other properties.

Seriously I dey fear I nor go lie
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 10:39am On Nov 15, 2023
justwise:

I know at least one Nigerian who does care work, two houses, one mortgage free and drives 2023 E-car.

She is a masters degree holder from this country.

Hmm...probably working as an independent contractor and might now be involved in COS racketeering.. sorry issuance. Care has it's pros when done rightly
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 10:44am On Nov 15, 2023
Joyglo:
As a student who just came in September this year can I travel to France for just 2-3days stay?

I meet an admiral (Italian) but also a British citizen about a week ago and he wants me to go with him for holiday.

He also wants to pay my balance tuition worth £14500, he took me to see some of his restaurants in Brighton and also to see his house located at Brighton Marina and other properties.

and you still wan go?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 10:45am On Nov 15, 2023
toughest007:

Many immigrants believe that when the ladies here smile, flirt and drink with them, all is set for them to dive in! Many make these assumptions out of ignorance, many get away with it and a few get caught up and we hear about it.

The other day, somewhere in the North, this guy was caught visiting an underage girl... Actually dressed up and travelled a long distance to hangout with this girl. Same assumption, they say hello, smile, flirt and gbam, they interpret it as 'the girl is into me'...

I avoid the ladies here like a plague. The juniors I mentor in the office, I keep them at bay, with many boundaries set! Any small thing the team/group will arrange drinks, kilode?

Speak for yourself. A paedophile in Nigeria would be a paedophile in any part

Don't learn to mix and understand your new environment. Keep avoiding and living in a cocoon. Na the kind of una dey shame me when they finally are forced out e.g for a work dinner and they start looking at the menu like it was written in Arabic or using cutlery like a crippled fellow.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 10:48am On Nov 15, 2023
Taal17:

Well said.
Left to me care jobs should be for those who have the capacity and empathy for it.
I can't even imagine having to need support or loved one needing support and then the care worker is one who thinks so badly of it.
It's like being left to your fate with a doctor that is just in it ONLY for the money..that's how coverups and mismanagement and death can happen.
, people you care would do these things themselves if they could butt hey can't.

Hehe... capacity, passion and empathy. That can be said if any role including okada drivers back home. I want my okada driver to have passion for riding okada.

You want people who think highly of it but want to pay minimum wage? hehe..

There are 150k care vacancies at same time about 150k additional people go on longterm sick leave every month many collecting benefits that on their own could rival minimum wage while some still work cash in hand...

The irony dey shock me.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 11:03am On Nov 15, 2023
Progressivegee:

...In a couple of years, they would have earned transferable skills for other roles outside care or would have grown in their profession ...

In a way, you, @hustla and @lexus are all eluding to same thing.. Just via a different lens

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:07am On Nov 15, 2023
Joyglo:

You can travel...... But watch this documentary, prior to embarking .... Be guided......😁

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH-CpF1rYAU?si=v04LiitOtoZEq1Wd

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Joyglo: 11:34am On Nov 15, 2023
I mean fear of saying he wants to pay my tuition balance as huge as £14500 like now now.

Goke7:

and you still wan go?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 11:37am On Nov 15, 2023
jedisco:

In a way, you, @hustla and @lexus are all eluding to same thing.. Just via a different lens

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 11:38am On Nov 15, 2023
Joyglo:

Seriously I dey fear I nor go lie.

Women get mind sha.

0 fear of being trafficked and ending up in Mexico or Albania as a prostitute.

0 fear of going missing and never being found.

0 fear of said person being a possible serial killer

0 fear of being used as a drug courier

I think you need to watch some Forensic Files or Red Tree Crime docuseries on Youtube to understand the kind of insane risk this is

I will not be trending any hashtag for anyone on Twitter

grin

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 11:38am On Nov 15, 2023
Lexusgs430:

You can travel...... But watch this documentary, prior to embarking .... Be guided......😁

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH-CpF1rYAU?si=v04LiitOtoZEq1Wd

Long throat combined with awoof and pending student fees dey run belle

wink

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 11:45am On Nov 15, 2023
jedisco:

Speak for yourself. A paedophile in Nigeria would be a paedophile in any part

Don't learn to mix and understand your new environment. Keep avoiding and living in a cocoon. Na the kind of una dey shame me when they finally are forced out e.g for a work dinner and they start looking at the menu like it was written in Arabic or using cutlery like a crippled fellow.

Its a total shame to see that it's difficult for you to read, comprehend and identify the use of personal pronouns. You just woke up, opened up NL and type this rubbish that has no cohesion with the context of the discuss.

This one thinks life starts and ends by forcing yourself to eat what your system will reject. Continue deceiving yourself by trying to belong and mingle. That's how it starts!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:46am On Nov 15, 2023
hustla:

Long throat combined with awoof and pending student fees dey run belle

wink

I remember many years ago, one lady wanted me to send me on a trip to Italy, with a hand luggage....... 😂

After firing her series of questions, she knew that £500 she wanted to give me, was not enough to trade my freedom........😂

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 11:50am On Nov 15, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I remember many years ago, one lady wanted me to send me on a trip to Italy, with a hand luggage....... 😂

After firing her series of questions, she knew that £500 she wanted to give me, was not enough to trade my freedom........😂

Nothing like freedom and peace of mind

Rather be hustling than to be behind bars for this short life we have

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 12:08pm On Nov 15, 2023
Joyglo:
I mean fear of saying he wants to pay my tuition balance as huge as £14500 like now now.

Good luck then

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tolajay: 12:18pm On Nov 15, 2023
Undoubtedly, they've got some good stuff going on for them. But I'll be conscious not to overinflate their population and influence.

Last I checked, Asians (Indians inclusive) make up 9.3% of UK's population. Africans are about 4%.

Just last quarter, LSE released a report on wide ethnic disparity in wealth accumulation across the UK. Asians and Africans were abysmally positioned against white-Brits. Although Indians had some slight exception in the Asian bloc, yet they're not closer to the white-Brit.

So, it is geometrically impossible for them to outrun the 'real owners of UK' in 20 years. Maybe 200 years! 😊

lavida001:

I give it max 2 decades from now oyinbo go dey beg dem for jobs and opportunities.

Just so you know india space agency single handedly landed a rover on the month sometimes last month.

Community lifestyle is at their advantage. They move like a wolf pack...working close to them as they celebrate diwali opened my eyes to their cultures and operations.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 12:32pm On Nov 15, 2023
Joyglo:

You met him a week ago and within that period he has shown you all his wealth? Why do you think he did that so quick?

May be you should start by doing some background check on him, look for any document that contains his name and do a google search to see what comes up.

Just be careful

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 12:37pm On Nov 15, 2023
jedisco:

Hmm...probably working as an independent contractor and might now be involved in COS racketeering.. sorry issuance. Care has it's pros when done rightly

independent contractor?..maybe

..COS racketeering? No evidence to support that
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by FaithfulGod4me(f): 1:32pm On Nov 15, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by FaithfulGod4me(f): 1:40pm On Nov 15, 2023
Joyglo:

Him don pay am? Make he pay am first and later tell him your studies won't permit you to travel, that you guys should spend time in that same UK and make video calls when you are with him to someone else and let the person screen record. Make phone calls in his presence to a close friend and drop every single detail of your movements with him. Also let the Oyibo man be aware your people has these informations.

...before you are turned into a multiple organ donor and another JANE DOE!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by FaithfulGod4me(f): 1:57pm On Nov 15, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 2:57pm On Nov 15, 2023
FaithfulGod4me:
Good day everyone, please I have a question... Is home baking business profitable in UK?

I have been doing a little research and I know one has to undergo Food safety courses levels 1 to 3, register with local authority and have the Environmental Health Officer inspect my home, kitchen etc

I am a professional cake artist here in Naija relocating to UK soon via care giver route (I still have a medical degree though and have already applied for the registration/license).

Can I add baking to my source of income? I am very good at it but we know things are done differently in the UK.

Will I have a market for it?

THANKS for your response and enlightenment.

Justwise please be kind 🙏

Be guided please, if you're coming via the carer route, then it means your visa is attached to an employer and your entire time should be devoted to that employer, you can only work for a second employer in the same occupation as a carer for 20 hours per week so self-employment is totally out of it due to the conditions of your visa. My dear, if your visa has been granted, check the visa page on your passport or if a letter or email of approval has been sent and see all the conditions of your visa for yourself. You're transiting from a country where you are a bonafide citizen to where you are now just a resident with no citizen status and there are strict conditions to be adhered to.

This side hustle mentality we are all bringing immediately into the UK from Nigeria without considering the laws of the land will surely put lots of Nigerians in trouble in years to come.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 3:03pm On Nov 15, 2023
Lexusgs430:

My boss, m thinking of buying a reliable car of 4k to 4.5k
Which do you think is best and where can one buy from autotrader or fb market.

Plus is it better to go for the likes of toyota or hyundai
Or go for german like golf and the likes.

Cus have hrd too many stories of ppl saying toyota car might be cheap but repairs might be expensive cus the part has to be shipped from china or japan
And have heard ppl say german cars might be expensive but repair is cheap cus parts are in europe and not far from uk

What is ur take pls
I dont mind if others contribute too

P.S i am not a outdoor person i rarely drive, infact i hate driving, m buying the car to increase chances of getting job
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by igbsam(m): 3:14pm On Nov 15, 2023
Joyglo:

Hmmmm.... be careful o
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 4:18pm On Nov 15, 2023
I have read every single page of this forum and the previous forum.. every single page.. and pls lets be honest.. why the lies

Care work has been abused.... has been looked down at... has been categorized like it is some kind of "cursed work"... multiple times

I'm really shocked people will now deny and lie that no one has said shit about Care work.. ahn ahn.. stop the lies abeg

It is really unfair to look down at people's work/hustle.. it is legal work and we should encourage one another

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 4:27pm On Nov 15, 2023
you missed one which is like the most dangerous and prominent.. fear of falling victim to the organ trafficking syndicates existing all over the world

No fear whatsoever.

hustla:

Women get mind sha.

0 fear of being trafficked and ending up in Mexico or Albania as a prostitute.

0 fear of going missing and never being found.

0 fear of said person being a possible serial killer

0 fear of being used as a drug courier

I think you need to watch some Forensic Files or Red Tree Crime docuseries on Youtube to understand the kind of insane risk this is

I will not be trending any hashtag for anyone on Twitter

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 4:45pm On Nov 15, 2023
Sounds like you know exactly what you want to do. 🙂
Joyglo:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 4:51pm On Nov 15, 2023
Between this, your reply to toughest07, and your totally unrelated reply to one of my posts, it looks like you have a consistent thing for waffling 😩.

jedisco:

Hehe... capacity, passion and empathy. That can be said if any role including okada drivers back home. I want my okada driver to have passion for riding okada.

You want people who think highly of it but want to pay minimum wage? hehe..

There are 150k care vacancies at same time about 150k additional people go on longterm sick leave every month many collecting benefits that on their own could rival minimum wage while some still work cash in hand...

The irony dey shock me.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by florixi: 4:54pm On Nov 15, 2023
One of the reasons we have issues back home is that we all just want to oppress ourselves; we want to be better than our neighbors. That's why some people believe that Nigeria's problem is not just a leadership problem but a mentality problem. I have seen people oppress themselves based on the kind of visa they hold.

There's dignity in labour here , lets not look down on anyone . If care job is your starting point , fine and good , if its banking job , fine and good.

One beautiful thing about this place is that we all end up in the same market, we can drive same kind of cars and can live same neigbourhood. On like working in lekki and living in ikorodu.

Lets help each other, God used someone i met at factory job to get IT job using my spouse care work sponsorship, so let embrace the moment we may find ourself then upskill and aim higher.

Peace.!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Scientheosopher(m): 5:05pm On Nov 15, 2023
Joyglo:

This smells a "runner" trip.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 5:07pm On Nov 15, 2023
tolajay:
Undoubtedly, they've got some good stuff going on for them. But I'll be conscious not to overinflate their population and influence.

Last I checked, Asians (Indians inclusive) make up 9.3% of UK's population. Africans are about 4%.

Just last quarter, LSE released a report on wide ethnic disparity in wealth accumulation across the UK. Asians and Africans were abysmally positioned against white-Brits. Although Indians had some slight exception in the Asian bloc, yet they're not closer to the white-Brit.

So, it is geometrically impossible for them to outrun the 'real owners of UK' in 20 years. Maybe 200 years! 😊

omo na time go tell.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 5:13pm On Nov 15, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I sabi say some people go like catch me for dark alley ........ 😁😂

Na obtaining straight.

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (537) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: cashmyles, Healhtyliving, Oyi12 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.