Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,322 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (460233 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 5:23pm On Nov 15, 2023
florixi:
One of the reasons we have issues back home is that we all just want to oppress ourselves; we want to be better than our neighbors. That's why some people believe that Nigeria's problem is not just a leadership problem but a mentality problem. I have seen people oppress themselves based on the kind of visa they hold.

There's dignity in labour here , lets not look down on anyone . If care job is your starting point , fine and good , if its banking job , fine and good.

One beautiful thing about this place is that we all end up in the same market, we can drive same kind of cars and can live same neigbourhood. On like working in lekki and living in ikorodu.

Lets help each other, God used someone i met at factory job to get IT job using my spouse care work sponsorship, so let embrace the moment we may find ourself then upskill and aim higher.

Peace.!

couldnt have said it any better.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 5:40pm On Nov 15, 2023
profemebee:
you missed one which is like the most dangerous and prominent.. fear of falling victim to the organ trafficking syndicates existing all over the world

No fear whatsoever.

It is the work of devil

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 5:41pm On Nov 15, 2023
florixi:

There's dignity in labour here , lets not look down on anyone . If care job is your starting point , fine and good , if its banking job , fine and good.

Should be your starting point and not the destination ...and upskilling for better jobs remains the point

wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:54pm On Nov 15, 2023
eniola1010:

My boss, m thinking of buying a reliable car of 4k to 4.5k
Which do you think is best and where can one buy from autotrader or fb market.

Plus is it better to go for the likes of toyota or hyundai
Or go for german like golf and the likes.

Cus have hrd too many stories of ppl saying toyota car might be cheap but repairs might be expensive cus the part has to be shipped from china or japan
And have heard ppl say german cars might be expensive but repair is cheap cus parts are in europe and not far from uk

What is ur take pls
I dont mind if others contribute too

P.S i am not a outdoor person i rarely drive, infact i hate driving, m buying the car to increase chances of getting job

FBMP is littered with scammers........

Autotrader would be your best hunting ground........ Ensure you conduct all online checks, prior to purchasing any vehicle.......

If you have a credit card, use it to buy the car or simply pay a deposit over £100.01......

And lastly, I prefer Japanese vehicles...... Parts are usually available on Ebay or motor factor outlets.......

NB: Don't pay a deposit on a vehicle, unless you're 101% certain........

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by florixi: 5:59pm On Nov 15, 2023
hustla:

Should be your starting point and not the destination and upskilling for better jobs remains the point

wink

Yes, at the same time, we should not forget that someone may develop a genuine passion for a care job, and that doesn't make them less of a human. Let everyone choose their final destination, and let us respect their wishes.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 7:17pm On Nov 15, 2023
Lexusgs430:

FBMP is littered with scammers........

Autotrader would be your best hunting ground........ Ensure you conduct all online checks, prior to purchasing any vehicle.......

If you have a credit card, use it to buy the car or simply pay a deposit over £100.01......

And lastly, I prefer Japanese vehicles...... Parts are usually available on Ebay or motor factor outlets.......

NB: Don't pay a deposit on a vehicle, unless you're 101% certain........

Thanks boss
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 7:36pm On Nov 15, 2023
florixi:

Yes, at the same time, we should not forget that someone may develop a genuine passion for a care job, and that doesn't make them less of a human. Let everyone choose their final destination, and let us respect their wishes.

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 8:00pm On Nov 15, 2023
Location is North Walsham, Norfolk.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Treadway: 8:03pm On Nov 15, 2023
Progressivegee:

You have never seen any post denigrating care workers. You still dey find evidence? Dey play. By the way I only stated some of the hazards of factory work and did not denigrate it. Hustle is hustle.
hilarious back and forth....a whole lot of hypocritical bullcrap, but this takes the cake.

Well, in same vein, others only stated some of the hazards of care work which include cleaning poo, vomit, urine etc and other unsavoury bodily excrements, hazards, but they did not denigrate the profession.

See your hypocrisy in 3d now🤣

Make e pain you from now to infinity, some will never ever want to do that and they are well within their rights not to, but you accused them of denigrating it, buy choosing to do anything else but that specific work. Does a personal disdain for a career or job translate to an attack on it? I may not want to be a carer, but would rather work in a factory or ride okada. Does that simple detail/difference make sense to you now?.

Viruses got you all by asking you all to provide proof of the wishy-washy accusation. None of you have provided the proof because it doesn't exist. Lol

Eku Ile o. O to ojo meta.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Treadway: 8:06pm On Nov 15, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Remember, I mentioned my eyesight is now very dodgy........ My brain too, don dey touch ......😂😜

No vex ...... 😁😜
this right here made me laff so hard. You and humor na 5 n 6 aswearugad.🤣

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Treadway: 8:09pm On Nov 15, 2023
jedisco:

Hmm...probably working as an independent contractor and might now be involved in COS racketeering.. sorry issuance. Care has it's pros when done rightly
lol. Abi oo

As always there is always that aunty, uncle, friend, 'somebody I know' making bank, until the wind blows and then fowl yansh opens. Lol

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Progressivegee: 8:19pm On Nov 15, 2023
Treadway:
hilarious back and forth....a whole lot of hypocritical bullcrap, but this takes the cake.

Others only stated some of the hazards of care work which include cleaning poo, vomit, urine etc and other unsavoury bodily excrements, hazards, but they did not denigrate the profession.

Make e pain you from now to infinity, some will never ever want to do that and they are well within their rights not to, but you accused them of denigrating it, buy choosing to do anything else but that. Does a personal disdain for a career of job translate to an attack on it? I may not want to be a carer, but would rather work in a factory or ride okada. Does that simple detail make sense to you now.

Viruses got you all by asking you all to provide proof of the wish washy accusation. None of you have provided the proof because it doesn't exist. Lol

Eku Ile o. O to ojo meta.

Oga hypocritical bullcrap, learn to comprehend before writing, it will do you a lot of good trust me. Its like d thing touch you as a factory worker but why should it? As hard as the job may be, factory work is noble and puts good food on the table of many. Its fine. Do your job with pride, let me do my care job with pride. We can all aspire to greater heights, irrespective of where we find ourselves today.

You will be fine, Trust me. life isn't so deep, even though you tend to look at it in 3D

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:22pm On Nov 15, 2023
Progressivegee:

Do your job with pride, let me do my care job with pride . We can all aspire to greater heights, irrespective of where we find ourselves today.

I just knew there was a reason for the anger and plenty shalaye

But na support me sef dey do na, them just say make you no kpai there but you dey shalaye everywhere

grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Treadway: 8:27pm On Nov 15, 2023
Progressivegee:

Oga hypocritical bullcrap, learn to comprehend before writing, it will do you a lot of good trust me. Its like d thing touch you as a factory worker but why should it? As hard as the job may be, factory work is noble and puts good food on the table of many. Its fine. Do your job with pride, let me do my care job with pride. We can all aspire to greater heights, irrespective of where we find ourselves today.

You will be fine, Trust me. life isn't so deep, even though you tend to look at it in 3D
lol. Na naija I dey. Oya burst a blood vessel ontop the matter.

Your post
You have never seen any post denigrating care workers. You still dey find evidence? Dey play. By the way I only stated some of the hazards of factory work and did not denigrate it

My post
Others only stated some of the hazards of care work which include cleaning poo, vomit, urine etc and other unsavoury bodily excrements, hazards, but they did not denigrate the profession.

Again, still can't seee your hypocrisy in 3d now?🤣

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Progressivegee: 8:29pm On Nov 15, 2023
hustla:

I just knew there was a reason for the anger and plenty shalaye

But na support me sef dey do na, them just say make you no kpai there but you dey shalaye everywhere

grin

Bros we dey the same game na, so no need to tear our shirts. Anyway, nobody dey kpai for anywhere. We dey build portfolio and secure our kpali. But make we dey encourage ourselves with love rather than with condemnation. Las Las all of us go every dey alright. Cheers my fellow hustla

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Progressivegee: 8:35pm On Nov 15, 2023
Treadway:

Make e pain you from now to infinity, some will never ever want to do that and they are well within their rights not to, but you accused them of denigrating it, buy choosing to do anything else but that specific work. Does a personal disdain for a career or job translate to an attack on it? I may not want to be a carer, but would rather work in a factory or ride okada. Does that simple detail/difference make sense to you now?.

Viruses got you all by asking you all to provide proof of the wishy-washy accusation. None of you have provided the proof because it doesn't exist. Lol

Eku Ile o. O to ojo meta.⁹

I will no longer patronise you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ConnectMee: 8:57pm On Nov 15, 2023
Rest bro!

Even the British (100% white Caucasians) do this Care work for years, make careers outta it and retire in it. So who are you?

You don’t pay anyone’s bill. You have no right to look down on their hustle as long as it is not illegal.

hustla:

Should be your starting point and not the destination ...and upskilling for better jobs remains the point

wink

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:03pm On Nov 15, 2023
ConnectMee:
Rest bro!

Even the British (100% white Caucasians) do this Care work for years, make careers outta it and retire in it. So who are you?

Why look down on an honest hustle that pays one’s bills? Thank God for Support Work. It was from this hustle I got money to balance my tuition and even bring in my family.

I am currently on this Care job when I got my digital marketing job. And guess what, I am not leaving Care job despite having another.

You don’t pay anyone’s bill. You have no right to look down on their hustle as long as it is not illegal.

Shalaye FC

grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:04pm On Nov 15, 2023
Progressivegee:

Bros we dey the same game na, so no need to tear our shirts. Anyway, nobody dey kpai for anywhere. We dey build portfolio and secure our kpali. But make we dey encourage ourselves with love rather than with condemnation. Las Las all of us go every dey alright. Cheers my fellow hustla

Normal level

God go run am for us and make us bigger

wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 9:11pm On Nov 15, 2023
hustla:

wink
Why can't it be someone's destination if that's what they have decided to do?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:33pm On Nov 15, 2023
babajeje123:

Why can't it be someone's destination if that's what they have decided to do?

I don tire and I have moved on from this.

You should do

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Progressivegee: 9:39pm On Nov 15, 2023
hustla:

Normal level

God go run am for us and make us bigger

wink

Amin o🙏
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 1:28am On Nov 16, 2023
Joyglo:
As a student who just came in September this year can I travel to France for just 2-3days stay?

I meet an admiral (Italian) but also a British citizen about a week ago and he wants me to go with him for holiday.

He also wants to pay my balance tuition worth £14500, he took me to see some of his restaurants in Brighton and also to see his house located at Brighton Marina and other properties.

Seriously I dey fear I nor go lie

Hmmmmm!!! Have you thought this through? You appear to be confident and excited about the thrills and adventure that follows. Billions of red flags littered all over this write-up.

Honestly, this is scary and I fear on your behalf. Personally speaking, I won't give it a second thought before turning it down outrightly.

All the best in whatever decision you take. We are adults and we know what's best for us.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 4:09am On Nov 16, 2023
Treadway:
this right here made me laff so hard. You and humor na 5 n 6 aswearugad.🤣

Send your number, make i send you Etisalat recharge card .........😜😂🤣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Overthinker: 6:00am On Nov 16, 2023
This your use of word "lebuke" is peculiar to some certain kind of gist.......sounds familiar??

Progressivegee:

Just look at how you are ranting

Same person denying that no one has ever said care work is useless is now here spewing trash about the care profession. Is this not hypocrisy at its peak? Even nurses give bed pan to patients and do assist carers in attending to difficult residents. So nurses shouldn't work in a care facility as well?

A carer's role isn't all about personal care. Carers also give medication and many also learn to prepare care plans which is essential to becoming a manger or getting a more senior role.

You should be the one crying not me. You wey dey hustle factory work that breaks back, yet you spew trash about other people's job. If the people you know are stuck in care jobs for 7 years with no growth, its your damn business. It isn't surprising after all, all of una na hustlas as your moniker implies. People I know who started from care have risen to become care managers and owners of care companies. They earn very well and have huge investments both in the UK and Nigeria.

So focus on your lebuke or offloading of trailers and let others be. In a couple of years, they would have earned transferable skills for other roles outside care or would have grown in their profession while chilling as Permanent residents and you with your broken back from your lebuke will be hustling from one company to another for sponsorship.

Awon evidence crew, here you go
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Progressivegee: 7:20am On Nov 16, 2023
hustla:

wink

Don't reason it that way. You can build a career in care by gathering experience and doing the relevant certifications. If you fail to upskill in your office based role, your growth may also be hindered. So upskilling shouldn't be limited to care jobs. Let everyone decide their final destination based on their choice, competence and passion and not based on other people's perception or external pressure. 😃

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 7:24am On Nov 16, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Send your number, make i send you Etisalat recharge card .........😜😂🤣

What if e no dey use Etisalat? Why not ask for his bank account number ?😀🙂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by FaithfulGod4me(f): 11:46am On Nov 16, 2023
Goke7:

Be guided please, if you're coming via the carer route, then it means your visa is attached to an employer and your entire time should be devoted to that employer, you can only work for a second employer in the same occupation as a carer for 20 hours per week so self-employment is totally out of it due to the conditions of your visa. My dear, if your visa has been granted, check the visa page on your passport or if a letter or email of approval has been sent and see all the conditions of your visa for yourself. You're transiting from a country where you are a bonafide citizen to where you are now just a resident with no citizen status and there are strict conditions to be adhered to.

This side hustle mentality we are all bringing immediately into the UK from Nigeria without considering the laws of the land will surely put lots of Nigerians in trouble in years to come.

Thank you. If I knew any better, I won't be asking.

I wanted some sort of clarification/guidiance so I don't do make errors.

Thanks alot.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 11:55am On Nov 16, 2023
kwakudtraveller:

My guys, I wish I had a secret formula but there isn’t. Just apply like your life depends on it, it took me months to get my first offer after interviewing like mad. Just make sure your CV is detailed with all your skills, and be flexible with the roles you apply for i.e Audit Associate, Finance Manager, Finance Business Partner, Accountant, Financial Analyst. Check the JD and look for key words and add to your CV. Always add a cover letter as well. And if too many people have applied for the job, don’t even bother yourself. Godspeed

Thanks chief, this is quite practical.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:27pm On Nov 16, 2023
I don come again o......😂🤣

Another Nigerian doing dirty .......😁

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/11/15/nigerian-asylum-gay-three-children-parcel-fraud/

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (531) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: ahjay and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.