Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,969 members, 7,828,439 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (485042 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (553) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 8:50am On Dec 06, 2023
Lexusgs430:

One wife, one problem.........😁🀣

Be like say with the high rate of divorce for this uk the govt just kuku say make dem dabaru the whole thing sef, na by force to marry? 😜

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 8:54am On Dec 06, 2023
hustla:

I don't have any issues with their policies tbh as it's up to me to leave or stay and I have maintained my position from the day i landed in this country.

I know they will feel the effects in the coming months and start fighting in house. Na that one I dey wait for cos its always funny

If I had a nurse wife, the UK will be the last country we will consider. Too many wahala, restrictions, complains and unstable policies. Ontop the small average salaries they earn at the end of the day

grin

So you be Dey plan to marry inside this uk with these new policy? You get mind o πŸ˜‚ na play I de play no take am serious. Just wanna catch some fun
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:55am On Dec 06, 2023
Goke7:

So you be Dey plan to marry inside this uk with these new policy? You get mind o πŸ˜‚ na play I de play no take am serious. Just wanna catch some fun

I wan be like Oga Lexus naw

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:57am On Dec 06, 2023
Lexusgs430:

One wife, one problem.........😁🀣

I was thinking about something on the train yesterday as I haven't seen it happen before

Can a Muslim student from Nigeria carry 3 wives as dependents to the UK? I mean when they still allowed dependents.I see these Arab looking guys with 2/3 wives on the bus with their burqa and I wonder how the visa process looked like

Will the VO frown at it?

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 9:02am On Dec 06, 2023
hustla:

I was thinking about something on the train yesterday as I haven't seen it happen before

Can a Muslim student from Nigeria carry 3 wives as dependents to the UK? I mean when they still allowed dependents.I see these Arab looking guys with 2/3 wives on the bus with their burqa and I wonder how the visa process looked like

Will the VO frown at it?

grin

You see this your jamb question, just book an appointment with Aunty Suella, she will give you the entire day πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:07am On Dec 06, 2023
Goke7:

You see this your jamb question, just book an appointment with Aunty Suella, she will give you the entire day πŸ˜‚

cheesy grin

Make I go marry like 4 wives na pack them come UK

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by makazona(m): 9:15am On Dec 06, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

Please use this link for post office collection issues, it’s a new service recently launched by HO and should go to the right team

https://www.biometric-residence-permit.service.gov.uk/collection

Cheers

Thank you so much @dduchess90. Many thanks to @hustla for your help. I truly appreciate this.

I have collected my BRP from the post office.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thegamingorca(m): 9:16am On Dec 06, 2023
Lexusgs430:
Biko, when we talk about working out a formula to pay bills........ It's simply to avoid serious issues like this ........

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/pidgin/articles/c889nl9rdr8o.amp

If e reach to kill your wife because of bills, return back to 9ja or divorce.........

I searched hard through the filthy wordings for the reason being lack of payment of bills. Is there any other print on the subject matter I can read where it was stated as such, cos I lost some brain cells reading that page. grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by makazona(m): 9:19am On Dec 06, 2023
skankhunt101:

Mine took almost 3 weeks, i contacted UKVI via email and got a response 2 business days later that it will be by the post office in 4 days time and it was actually there when i got there. Maybe you can try contact them at Brpcollection@homeoffice.gov.uk

This your formula solved it. I sent an email and after back and forth, I was told to go and collect it at the designated post office. Thanks a bunch, mate!

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thegamingorca(m): 9:19am On Dec 06, 2023
justwise:

They are definitely encouraging family separation, the whole idea of this policy is to reduce immigration right? So how does that encourage family reunion?

They increased salary requirement for family visa application to 38K plus from Β£18,600, this is not about those coming in as you stated, this affects everyone applying for family visa whether you are here already or planning to move here with your family.

Yup. Even if you have settled status or own a passport your intended partner is still bound by it.

British citizens themselves can't marry from other countries and have them come over unless they will earn same sizable amount. cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:25am On Dec 06, 2023
makazona:

Thank you so much @dduchess90. Many thanks to @hustla for your help. I truly appreciate this.

I have collected my BRP from the post office.

Confirm

Do giveaway. Β£100K is not too much

grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 9:33am On Dec 06, 2023
JustJoyous:

Not all subjects are on the Shortage of Occupation List.

Does this mean only those subjects on the SOL are exempt or all Teachers?

I don't know, apologies. Some detail will be released soon which will hopefully clarify the above.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 9:33am On Dec 06, 2023
Treadway:
just popped in to say, I have been reading and enjoying your very concise and logical takes on the issues. It is always so refreshing reading your posts, so much so, I don't bother much to lend a voice here these days. You too much πŸ‘Š

Aww thank you, very kind of you to say 😊

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by makazona(m): 9:35am On Dec 06, 2023
Opeolami:
Good morning house.

Please, I have issue with getting my BRP. I came in through the care worker route. Before I left Nigeria I received a message of possible delayed still now, I have not received any message confirming it's availability.

What did I need to do? I am in the UK for over ten days.

Thank you.

I used these methods, as suggested by great minds here:

https://www.biometric-residence-permit.service.gov.uk/collection
Or
Send an email to Brpcollection@homeoffice.co.uk

It's not always easy initially after coming but you will be alright, ok. Cheers.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by excelchips(m): 9:46am On Dec 06, 2023
Good morning Please, does anyone have a link to get Nigerian Police Character Certificate/check. It is urgently needed. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 9:52am On Dec 06, 2023
justwise:

They are definitely encouraging family separation, the whole idea of this policy is to reduce immigration right? So how does that encourage family reunion?

They increased salary requirement for family visa application to 38K plus from Β£18,600, this is not about those coming in as you stated, this affects everyone applying for family visa whether you are here already or planning to move here with your family.

Yes, this bit I agree with and I expect it to be challenged in the courts because of the unfairness to their own citizens who should not have to choose between leaving their homeland or leaving their loved ones.

But then again, the govt will argue that they can bring their family over on the 10 year route , if they are not able to meet the income requirements for the normal 5 year route.
So there is still a way for families to be together (it will just take longer to reach settlement)
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 9:56am On Dec 06, 2023
Zahra29:

Yes, this bit I agree with and I expect it to be challenged in the courts because of the unfairness to their own citizens who should not have to choose between leaving their homeland or leaving their loved ones.

But then again, the govt will argue that they can bring their family over on the 10 year route , if they are not able to meet the income requirements for the normal 5 year route.
So there is still a way for families to be together (it will just take longer to reach settlement)

Just asking, must the uk punish people because they want to stay permanently? Mind you they are not the only country doing this family visa thing o
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 10:01am On Dec 06, 2023
Goke7:

This is why when some of us say these immigration policies are hostile, we are told to shut up and go back to our country. The uk is all about the money they want from immigrants and not about attracting the best of professionals. The US you talked about through their visa interviews profiles the best they can get and retains them through many properly curated pathways. It’s not magic but deliberate.
But what do we have here, they put everyone both skilled and unskilled in the same bucket and give everyone high bp all in the name of net migration.

Watch how more professionals will move from the Uk to the US in the coming months. Shebi na wetin dem want.

But @hustla just gave several examples of recent immigrants he knows who are thriving here in extremely good roles. Hustla himself is about to land a juicy role. And there are many more examples, even on other routes such as the global talent visa
So I don't think the UK has any problem attracting the "best and brightest".
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 10:02am On Dec 06, 2023
Goke7:

Just asking, must the uk punish people because they want to stay permanently? Mind you they are not the only country doing this family visa thing o

How are they punishing people who want to stay permanently? Which group of people do you mean?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:07am On Dec 06, 2023
Zahra29:

But @hustla just gave several examples of recent immigrants he knows who are thriving here in extremely good roles. Hustla himself is about to land a juicy role. And there are many more examples, even on other routes such as the global talent visa

Its a one sided submission and that's where the issue lies.

Folks in Biomedical sciences, Education, HR should be able to thrive just as much as those in Tech.

I do understand that they have to do what they need to do for their political party to thrive but the policies may stifle immigrants who are paying every step of the way

For instance, I may have to pay Β£2900 for PSW. That extra Β£1000 could have been used to write CISSP Or contribute towards buying a house.. Or even visit home but alas..

Renewal in Canada is less than Β£350 so you can't blame folks who have issues with their policies

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:09am On Dec 06, 2023
Thegamingorca:

I searched hard through the filthy wordings for the reason being lack of payment of bills. Is there any other print on the subject matter I can read where it was stated as such, cos I lost some brain cells reading that page. grin

Read full story + all police arrest + injunctions etc etc .......

https://www.tori.ng/news/255577/how-nigerian-man-killed-his-wife-in-uk-over-bills.html
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 10:24am On Dec 06, 2023
hustla:

Its a one sided submission and that's where the issue lies.

Folks in Biomedical sciences, Education, HR should be able to thrive just as much as those in Tech.

I do understand that they have to do what they need to do for their political party to thrive but the policies may stifle immigrants who are paying every step of the way

For instance, I may have to pay Β£2900 for PSW. That extra Β£1000 could have been used to write CISSP Or contribute towards buying a house.. Or even visit home but alas..

Renewal in Canada is less than Β£350 so you can't blame folks who have issues with their policies

Canada that is the the western beacon of liberal immigration has an annual quota on the number of PRs it issues out, and I read that currently the number of international students exceeds this quota by several hundred thousand.

How many immigrants in the US had to leave earlier on when they lost their jobs and sponsorships, despite working in the US for many years. Why don't canada and the US just print out visas to allow all these people to stay back permanently?

Look at the tougher policies that Sweden has just rolled out, Sweden used to be very liberal. Norway has stopped free tuition for overseas students, I heard Germany is doing the same from next year.

Every western country is facing a huge and unrelenting demand from immigrants seeking a better life, and all are having to write and rewrite policies that will put their interests first and cherry pick the immigrants that they do want. They can't absorb everyone so they are being selective (even to refugees), which may sound unfair to some but unfortunately that's the current state of affairs.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 10:29am On Dec 06, 2023
Zahra29:

That is not true, the recent immigration stats say it all. How many people are landing those juicy roles compared to the vacancies available? recent stats even show the brightest are also leaving the country. That's why I laugh when people complain about the kind of people who do all sorts of fraud to come into the UK which is a true reflection of the kind of people the UK is attracting

We can defend the UK for all we want with their policy decisions but a system that cannot segment or differentiate the kind of immigrants wanted can never thrive please don't talk about the shortage skilled list, that's a disaster.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by yusash: 10:31am On Dec 06, 2023
Hello ... please can anyone confirm if someone on care route that just apply can entre the UK with family before the new law start in the spring of 2024 as announced.. thanks I will appreciate your response
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 10:39am On Dec 06, 2023
Zahra29:

Canada that is the the western beacon of liberal immigration has an annual quota on the number of PRs it issues out, and I read that currently the number of international students exceeds this quota by several hundred thousand.

How many immigrants in the US had to leave earlier on when they lost their jobs and sponsorships, despite working in the US for many years. Why don't canada and the US just print out visas to allow all these people to stay back permanently?

Look at the tougher policies that Sweden has just rolled out, Sweden used to be very liberal. Norway has stopped free tuition for overseas students, I heard Germany is doing the same from next year.

Every western country is facing a huge and unrelenting demand from immigrants seeking a better life, and all are having to write and rewrite policies that will put their interests first and cherry pick the immigrants that they do want. They can't absorb everyone so they are being selective (even to refugees), which may sound unfair to some but unfortunately that's the current state of affairs.

Please don't go there, they responded by allowing people to get visitor visas to stay back and begin to apply for jobs that can sponsor them, they also became dynamic by reducing the requirements for some other pathways like eb2 to retain professionals, the UK will never do that but ask people to leave immediately, you see the difference? The same thing with Canada they eased the burden on some visas which resulted in the current explosion of immigration. The first rule is humanity first which is lacking here.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 10:45am On Dec 06, 2023
Goke7:

That is not true, the recent immigration stats say it all. How many people are landing those juicy roles compared to the vacancies available? [b]recent stats even show the brightest are also leaving the country. [/b]That's why I laugh when people complain about the kind of people who do all sorts of fraud to come into the UK which is a true reflection of the kind of people the UK is attracting

We can defend the UK for all we want with their policy decisions but a system that cannot segment or differentiate the kind of immigrants wanted can never thrive please don't talk about the shortage skilled list, that's a disaster.

Brightest are leaving, brightest are also coming. That's globalisation. The "brightest" have no issues getting visas in the UK or elsewhere
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 10:49am On Dec 06, 2023
Chreze:

No worry, we plenty for this table. The risk of trading makes it impossible to want to share anything with anybody. But please look into the tax thing cos you are meant to pay tax for any income to your account. And the fact it gets credited by Uphold means you are into cryptocurrency.

Sometimes it’s best to pay that extra charge and keep a clean sheet. We don’t know where government will move with the whole crypto taxing thing. You know market is lighting up, the news will still start and they will be back to the matter. You know the UK government are looking for money now, they will explore any option to increase doctors salary. If they can insinuate that immigrants funds the increase, I don’t think crypto will be bad to fund it.
Ok
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 10:53am On Dec 06, 2023
Zahra29:

Brightest are leaving, brightest are also coming. That's globalisation. The "brightest" have no issues getting visas in the UK or elsewhere

and the Uk believes in globalisation by making family reunion difficult, like we normally say dey play

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 10:54am On Dec 06, 2023
Goke7:

Please don't go there, they responded by allowing people to get visitor visas to stay back and begin to apply for jobs that can sponsor them, they also became dynamic by reducing the requirements for some other pathways like eb2 to retain professionals, the UK will never do that but ask people to leave immediately, you see the difference? The same thing with Canada they eased the burden on some visas which resulted in the current explosion of immigration. The first rule is humanity first which is lacking here.

Visitor visas with what duration? Also, the UK gives 60 days to find another job, they don't ask people to leave immediately.

How come the US requires them to find a sponsor,which then limits the pool of potential employers? Why not allow them to apply to any company, no restrictions?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 11:02am On Dec 06, 2023
Goke7:

and the Uk believes in globalisation [b]by making family reunion difficult, [/b]like we normally say dey play

But not impossible. There are exceptions - a British citizen who is not able to meet the new income threshold can still bring their partner over, just on a 10 yr route, as is currently the case

Wait until Trump gets back into power, we all know how he feels about migration from s**th**e countries. Im sure the UK will soon appear extremely liberal in comparison grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:05am On Dec 06, 2023
Isn't life very strange....... Those outside, want to come inside...... Those inside, want to go outside......

Life is indeed never a bed of roses πŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸŒΉ.....πŸ€£πŸ˜„

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (553) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

Viewing this topic: Estroller, Viruses, Teenuh, bolagabriella and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.