Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,405 members, 7,812,195 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (460138 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 12:10pm On Jan 06
elengine:
I have a question here please.

A recently graduated student in youkay got a care COS in England but has not used it to apply for visa. He also got another health care job in Scotland but the coy in scotland is not able to generate a new COS for him because they said it is showing on the system that he has a COS. This person preferred Scotland to England. Please advise on what he needs to do.

Note. I have not seen a case like this before, what I always know is someone switching from an existing COS to an undefined COS

Formally reject the existing England Job offer. Follow up with the company to cancel the CoS.
Once you receive confirmation that the CoS has been cancelled, then pursue your Scotland dreams.
Good luck!

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by elengine: 12:13pm On Jan 06
elengine:

A recently graduated student in youkay got a care COS in England but has not used it to apply for visa. He also got another health care job in Scotland but the coy in scotland is not able to generate a new COS for him because they said it is showing on the system that he has a COS. This person preferred Scotland to England. Please advise on what he needs to do.

Note. I have not seen a case like this before, what I always know is someone switching from an existing COS to an undefined COS

Please everyone I need your opinion on the above. Lexusgs430, other elders in the house and anyone who has a similar experience. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 12:14pm On Jan 06
3greatnations:
Good morning family.Please I need suggestions a family member is in process of changing to PSW visa looking to relocate to an affordable city in England with plenty work also she has law background so please some where that will be easy to get law related jobs too .Thank you

Catch 22:
Plenty (lawyer) jobs & affordable city can hardly co-exist in the same sentence.
Something must (usually) give.

Lagos, Abuja, Portharcourt may have more juicy lawyer job opportunities than Birnin Kebbi, Gusau & Damaturu.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Agidipie: 12:18pm On Jan 06
justwise:
[/b]

100% YES.

Take your money.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by giselle237: 12:44pm On Jan 06
elengine:
Please everyone I need your opinion on the above. Lexusgs430, other elders in the house and anyone who has a similar experience. Thanks
the first company has to cancel their COS.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 12:47pm On Jan 06
directonpc:
How expensive is owning a car?

I'm considering buy a car when I get to the UK next year. Why question is, let's say a manage to buy a used car around 3500 GBP. How much on average will I be paying as tax and insurance?

You can only know how much you will pay by doing a post analysis. Cus that was the mistake i did.

Look for a car you like, for example if its ford fiesta 2015. Take any plate number of any ford fiesta 2015 you see on the road and act like you own the car and use the reg number to see what your premuim will be assuming you actually owned that car. Use all these compare sites.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by giselle237: 12:47pm On Jan 06
3greatnations:

Thank you please we were thinking of Wolverhampton ,Sheffield and Birmingham those places already oversaturated.people are struggling to get jobs.where else would be more advisable
There is no place more oversaturated than London yet everyday people are going thereโ€ฆ people still will find jobs as well. Good luck in your search

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by elengine: 12:55pm On Jan 06
ReesheesuKnack:

Formally reject the existing England Job offer. Follow up with the company to cancel the CoS.
Once you receive confirmation that the CoS has been cancelled, then pursue your Scotland dreams.
Good luck!

Wwll received. Thank you so much for this
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by elengine: 12:56pm On Jan 06
giselle237:

Thank you for your response. I will advise accordingly.

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 2:02pm On Jan 06
3greatnations:
Good morning family.Please I need suggestions a family member is in process of changing to PSW visa looking to relocate to an affordable city in England with plenty work also she has law background so please some where that will be easy to get law related jobs too .Thank you

They can apply for civil service roles covering legal (many employ you with your Nigerian LLB/BL and give ~two years to convert), compliance, GRC etc. It's mostly dependent on what their prior experience is.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by heroshark(m): 2:16pm On Jan 06
3greatnations:

Thank you please we were thinking of Wolverhampton ,Sheffield and Birmingham those places already oversaturated.people are struggling to get jobs.where else would be more advisable

Since the person is a fresh graduate, I don't think it's helpful to just pick a city and narrow your job search to that city.

There is no city in the UK where people are not struggling to get a job (as long as it's skilled jobs), however there are cities with more advertised jobs than others.

Spread your job search across the country and be open to moving to any city that offers you a Job with pay commensurate with the cost of living in that town.

Job search in the UK is not the easiest and limiting yourself to a particular city will make it even more difficult.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chinlov: 2:53pm On Jan 06
have you considered Leeds?

3greatnations:

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ebuka1997: 3:20pm On Jan 06
Happy new guys. Abeg help me edakun, how can an international student in Manchester get jobs to earn some money for bills. I have applied to a lot of jobs on indeed with no success yet, I am good with excel and accounting/bookkeeping and online research and data entry. Please anyone with a connect to an agency, I can do any job.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 3:36pm On Jan 06
Guys is it now confirmed that when you work with nhs for a sponsored role - even if the role's salary is not up to the 38,700 - you are exempted from the "cant bring dependent" rule after spring?

Or is it a rumor, cus ppl are saying nhs is not affected by the rule
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lingudy(m): 5:24pm On Jan 06
Please which foreign scholarship is the surest for japa?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by directonpc(m): 5:47pm On Jan 06
eniola1010:

You can only know how much you will pay by doing a post analysis. Cus that was the mistake i did.

Look for a car you like, for example if its ford fiesta 2015. Take any plate number of any ford fiesta 2015 you see on the road and act like you own the car and use the reg number to see what your premuim will be assuming you actually owned that car. Use all these compare sites.
thank you so much for the tip. I'll do that.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Joyglo: 6:23pm On Jan 06
Thanks for your reply.

Is TunnelBear VPN for free or I have to pay monthly yea?

jamebex:

I recently received a message from Binance requesting that I verify my country of residence. They said they noticed that I frequently access Binance from a country that is different from my current declared country of residence. To comply with their instructions and avoid any potential restriction of my account after a specified date, I completed the verification process. Now, as a precaution, I avoid frequent logins. When I do need to log in, I use a VPN to prevent any issues. I use TunnelBear VPN.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 6:23pm On Jan 06
midey93:
Most of them don't, the ones that have licence are saying they have exhausted their quota.

I know it's getting tougher but a number of Nigerians (and other nationals) are still coming in from abroad. For someone in the UK, it should be easier. Worth asking around esp those who were recently how they went about it.
Someone just mentioned declining care sponsorship in England to pick up another in Scotland. You could ask them.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 6:27pm On Jan 06
moshuur:

Wow...nice seeing u here.

Pls are u coming back to crypto thread?

Hehe... much less time for active plays....

Mainly sitting on longer term bags bought at lower prices. Btc, eth.. and a handful of alts.
This year is looking exciting though. The halving should bring good volatility

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by chidaroy(f): 6:28pm On Jan 06
If it's Tech Nation or tech related, I may be able to assist

gergemam:
Hello ๐Ÿ‘‹ Gurus, Happy New Year ๐ŸŽŠ

justwise and any other mod

Please who knows someone that has applied for Global Talent VISA before?

Currently putting out some documentation but there's no much information out there as people seem not to be taking chances on it.

Thank You Kindly

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Joyglo: 6:28pm On Jan 06
Has anyone here used buildmycreditscore card to actually build their score?

I tried checking my credit score with Experian and they recommended buildmycreditscore for me oh
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by chidaroy(f): 6:38pm On Jan 06
Also depends on what you do or what kind of Job you're looking for.

I live in Sheffield but the area I live is less "diverse". I work fully remotely (by choice) so that means I can work for an organisation located anywhere.

I don't think there's a one-size-fits all conclusion. It just depends on one's individual skill and situation

giselle237:
There is no place more oversaturated than London yet everyday people are going thereโ€ฆ people still will find jobs as well. Good luck in your search

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gergemam: 6:41pm On Jan 06
chidaroy:
If it's Tech Nation or tech related, I may be able to assist

Thank You and yes it is Tech related, I work as a Software Engineer here in the UK for one year

My Total Experience currently = 5+ years
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gergemam: 6:42pm On Jan 06
3greatnations:

Every is always saturated. You just have to standout in all you do...

Derby, Coventry
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by chidaroy(f): 6:45pm On Jan 06
Ok. Sorry if I missed it, but you can leave your question here.
I am a GTV (Exceptional Talent) holder. I think some of the requirements are the same, but I may be unable to answer any engineering-related questions. I'm happy to give it a shot

gergemam:

Thank You and yes it is Tech related, I work as a Software Engineer here in the UK for one year

My Total Experience currently = 5+ years
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gergemam: 7:48pm On Jan 06
chidaroy:
I am a GTV (Exceptional Talent) holder. I think some of the requirements are the same, but I may be unable to answer any engineering-related questions. I'm happy to give it a shot

Please can I PM you...?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 8:13pm On Jan 06
chidaroy:

For the global talent in tech specifically, must you be a hardcore tech person before you can be endorsed?
What if you are someone who is not hardcore tech but like a ceo of a startup and you have the ability to bring a team of hardcore tech people together to build stuffs can such person apply for global talent too?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by chidaroy(f): 8:42pm On Jan 06
No you do not have to be core tech. You can be in the business or commercial side of tech or even marketing
I think the key requirement is that you work in tech and can show evidence of talent and impact in your field.

For example, if you are a tech sales person, you would not need to be a core tech person but have made impact commercially to the growth of tech. In which case you will need to provide evidence of revenue growth and other business related evidence. As a founder, these circled bits may apply to you

I have attached examples of tech and non-tech skills that may be eligible. See if that helps

eniola1010:

For the global talent in tech specifically, must you be a hardcore tech person before you can be endorsed?
What if you are someone who is not hardcore tech but like a ceo of a startup and you have the ability to bring a team of hardcore tech people together to build stuffs can such person apply for global talent too?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by chidaroy(f): 8:43pm On Jan 06
Considering that this is a new topic here, it may be helpful to others if you leave your questions here.
I'd be happy to answer them as much as I can

gergemam:

Please can I PM you...?

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chinlov: 10:16pm On Jan 06
exactly....

chidaroy:
Considering that this is a new topic here, it may be helpful to others if you leave your questions here.
I'd be happy to answer them as much as I can

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tier4Dependant: 11:36pm On Jan 06
giselle237:

One can have multiple CoS, the other company doesn't need to cancel.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tier4Dependant: 11:38pm On Jan 06
elengine:

Some companies can lie sha ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ This is 1000% false

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (531) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: 080bjaked(m), luckygirl02(f), CheesyTee(f), Borrow222, Daewoods(m), akosh005 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.