Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,454 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (472217 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hyzich(m): 6:12pm On Jun 02, 2023
harddrive2012:
Hello bro, I’m also considering getting chartered. Though I Started ICAN in Nigeria and still in Skills with 2 papers left.
May I ask if you started your ACCA in UK?
I have checked the fee online and it looks much 😂.
Would you advise I continue my ICAN in UK and probably convert to ACCA later using my ICAN. Or make I just close eyes start ACCA here from the foundation level for those with Bsc. Accounting.

Thanks

I'd advise you start ACCA if you can because you're still in skilled level, if you were in professional level I would have advised otherwise and moreover, being ACCA part qualified can still get you roles in UK but ICAN part qualified won't get you much.

I use ICAN here and it's recognised top audit firms including big 4s and multinationals but still planning to convert my ICAN to CIMA because I'm tired to shalaye and my boss also advised I do.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Controlv: 6:21pm On Jun 02, 2023
harddrive2012:
Hello bro, I’m also considering getting chartered. Though I Started ICAN in Nigeria and still in Skills with 2 papers left.
May I ask if you started your ACCA in UK?
I have checked the fee online and it looks much 😂.
Would you advise I continue my ICAN in UK and probably convert to ACCA later using my ICAN. Or make I just close eyes start ACCA here from the foundation level for those with Bsc. Accounting.

Thanks

Register with your Nigerian address and phone number. That way, you get a reduced fee for registration, exemption and 1st year subscription. You can always update your phone number and address much later.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by seunoj: 6:32pm On Jun 02, 2023
Lexusgs430:

What channels do you seek....... 🤣😜

Playboy or Exotic Afro cougars........... 🤣😜

I no dey see Africa magic
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightnlife: 6:58pm On Jun 02, 2023
I use my Airtel line. It's about N35/45 per minute for outbound calls.

I've compared the rate with some calling apps like Talk360 and the Airtel rate is better.

Don't know about the MTN but N150 per minute is high.

lightofjoy:
Pls house, which network is cheaper in calling Nigeria from UK. My MTN is charging me #150/min when calling and #50/min when receiving. This is costing me so much. Any cheaper alternative will be appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightnlife: 7:02pm On Jun 02, 2023
Here: https://www.nairaland.com/6719932/living-uk-life-immigrant-part-2/995#123109100

jblesn:
Good morning everyone,

Please someone requested for rent guarantor details a while back and I am trying to get the web address. Can someone point me to that post? I can't find it and I need to make use of it now.

Thanks

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightnlife: 7:07pm On Jun 02, 2023
Thanks for the insight.

Goke7:

My advise is to humble yourself and apply for Graduate roles either as PM or BA that requires no experience. Most large companies have these graduate roles. It could be as a PM or BA. Just one year you need and you can start targeting mid level and senior roles. Civil service organisations like dvla and others has this roles. As a PM you do some BA functions you can use to apply as a BA if that’s what you want even though I feel PM is very lucrative too. Money is not what you should target but the experience and profile
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 7:12pm On Jun 02, 2023
Viruses:

Company: ****
Job Title: Operations officer
Achievement: Provided and profferred solutions to problems that had long plagued the human race, increased customer satisfaction and increased company revenue by over 70%.

Tell me which employer no go employ this CV 😊

Him get HIV cure be that
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tushqueen(f): 9:42pm On Jun 02, 2023
Peerielass:

@Harddrive2012, I wasn’t sure who the question was meant for but I have responded.

No. I completed ICAN many years ago and converted to ACCA when I moved here.

There’s no right or wrong approach. You can continue with ICAN and once you qualify, you can claim exemptions from ACCA. You will then need to sit the professional level exams as they don’t offer exemption for these ones. Or you could start afresh with ACCA - this requires a lot of financial commitment and hard work so I would advise thinking it through properly before committing yourself. If you decide to pursue this route, best way to go about is to find an entry level job in this field and then work your way up. Most employers are happy to provide study support for the right candidate.

Best of luck.

Quick question please, is there any notable or practical lay back for those who enjoy the exemption. Someone mentioned that they will be restricted in some respect, is this correct?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 10:09pm On Jun 02, 2023
@tushqueen

I’m not aware of any restrictions. The most important thing though is to get practical experience while writing the exams. Both need to be done in tandem.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Newbie123: 10:21pm On Jun 02, 2023
Please does anyone use Barclays 0% balance credit card and can share their referral link with me?

Please does anyone use Barclays 0% balance credit card and can share their referral link with me?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:33pm On Jun 02, 2023
Newbie123:

Just checked my Barclaycard....... It does not have any referral links ........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 10:33pm On Jun 02, 2023
Newbie123:

Mine doesn’t have a referral link.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Newbie123: 10:48pm On Jun 02, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Nawao. How I wan take apply now cool
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Newbie123: 10:48pm On Jun 02, 2023
Lexusgs430:

What do I do now like this?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:00pm On Jun 02, 2023
Newbie123:

Nawao. How I wan take apply now cool

Why do you specifically want Barclaycard........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ELff: 11:35pm On Jun 02, 2023
bigtt76:
Wahala ...He would need your CoS or CAS details to file application as your dependent - does he have all those details? If not, then you have nothing to worry about but if he does then you may consider reporting to UKVI after filing for the divorce.

Thanks for your response. He isn't coming as my dependent. He is coming under someone else. I just wanted to know if my initial application in Nigeria would affect his chances of coming to the UK.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ELff: 11:39pm On Jun 02, 2023
Someone asked about calling Nigeria cheaply. I use Libon £4.99 I think for 50 mins. You can download the app from playstore.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Drey1: 11:50pm On Jun 02, 2023
hyzich:
Hi All,

Lemonade rate is really low even when usdt is already been sold at NGN750 per coin. Please i need suggestions for any other platform with good rate?

Use this . Lemonade nah thief.

Get fast money transfers like me — and your first 2 transfers FREE! Copy code 01zaD2 into TransferGo app or tap https://trgo.co/en/r/01zaD2

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AirBay: 4:44am On Jun 03, 2023
ELff:

Thanks for your response. He isn't coming as my dependent. He is coming under someone else. I just wanted to know if my initial application in Nigeria would affect his chances of coming to the UK.

Definitely it would affect it, he cannot be married to 2 individuals, he has to divorce you first. Once embassy sees that application, na straight to denial bin that if he doesn't get 5-10years ban but if he has a divorce letter already, otilo
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Newbie123: 7:23am On Jun 03, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Why do you specifically want Barclaycard........

The 0% interest for up to 22 months and 0 annual fee
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:38am On Jun 03, 2023
Newbie123:

The 0% interest for up to 22 months and 0 annual fee

MBNA, Virgin money, M&S, HSBC......... Offers similar.......

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Adebayo82: 7:50am On Jun 03, 2023
Please does anyone have Idea of bank that is more suitable for cryptocurrency/Binance wallet for transaction for both deposit and withdrawal. Currently, I have Monzo acount. I don't know if I need to open revolut or Loyds bank account.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 7:52am On Jun 03, 2023
ELff:
Hello my people, please prior to traveling to the UK, I and my partner did a court wedding. I used him as my dependent during my application in Nigeria. Sadly, after I traveled, a lot happened. He didn't come and I decided to move on.

Do I need to inform the HO of my current circumstance as I intend to file for divorce once I have the resources.

Can he be a dependent on someone else, will my application in Nigeria affect him. He didn't go for biometrics and all that.

What do I need to do as he met someone and might be a dependent on her visa. Whilst applying for my post study, i filled as Single. Your advise will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.
I am smelling foul play from your side as well. Probably you blocked him from coming and he wants to use other means to come but you wish it doesn't work out. Imagine someone you said wasn't coming suddenly wanted to come with a new person. Na you and the guy cross sha but I am sure the villain will be vindicated.
He didn't come because he doesn't have your documents to come

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phayie(m): 8:06am On Jun 03, 2023
Adebayo82:
Please does anyone have Idea of bank that is more suitable for cryptocurrency/Binance wallet for transaction for both deposit and withdrawal. Currently, I have Monzo acount. I don't know if I need to open revolut or Loyds bank account.

I think Revolut

Join me and over 28 million users who love Revolut. Sign up with my link below: https://revolut.com/referral/?referral-code=olaitabucf!JUN1-23-VR-GB
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dustydee: 8:10am On Jun 03, 2023
abuhusna1:

I am smelling foul play from your side as well. Probably you blocked him from coming and he wants to use other means to come but you wish it doesn't work out. Imagine someone you said wasn't coming suddenly wanted to come with a new person. Na you and the guy cross sha but I am sure the villain will be vindicated.
He didn't come because he doesn't have your documents to come
Wow! You must know her in real life to have reached this conclusion. Well done sir.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 8:23am On Jun 03, 2023
dustydee:

Wow! You must know her in real life to have reached this conclusion. Well done sir.
Many things girls do when they get abroad. Read back you will see another gentle man whose wife ran away immediately they got to the uk.
May God not let us marry a devilish Partner that wil turn our life upside down. She spent a whole one year in the uk without bringing the partner also applied as single for post study but was only worried when she knew about his plan to come with another woman. Learn to see evil from writeup as well my bro

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 8:29am On Jun 03, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by SPDAZZY(f): 8:39am On Jun 03, 2023
Adebayo82:

Revolut is your best choice!

Join me and over 28 million users who love Revolut. Sign up with my link below: https://revolut.com/referral/?referral-code=adaezemjd5!JUN1-23-AR
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Newbie123: 9:00am On Jun 03, 2023
Lexusgs430:

MBNA, Virgin money, M&S, HSBC......... Offers similar.......

Thanks boss.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tier4Dependant: 9:21am On Jun 03, 2023
Omo to carry matter come this faceless forum sef con dey fear person.

Nothing wey musa no go see for gate

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by semmyk(m): 10:06am On Jun 03, 2023
Tried replying (with a compilation) and somehow landed on the UK students visa thread. Na so I come chop 🪓 🔐, but dem no throway d key. #GetOutofJailCard
I go try post here but first, na screenshot I go do
jblesn:
...Please someone requested for rent guarantor details a while back and I am trying to get the web address. Can someone point me to that post? I can't find it and I need to make use of it now.
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 10:09am On Jun 03, 2023
It shouldn't but it could raise issues for him as his name would appear as dependent under two different main applicant profile as a 'husband' cheesy

On a lighter note, In database administration we call this kind of connect - One-to-Many cheesy cheesy cheesy

ELff:

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (544) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Raalsalghul, wallg123, xty4u(f), AKALAMAGBO, Estroller, Joy83(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.