Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,403 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (473563 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (545) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:07pm On Jan 27
Tier4Dependant:

It’s very simple. Call them!!!

cry

I thought there would be an easy way to do it nah

I don't like calls but it appears there no other option
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:08pm On Jan 27
Zahra29:

Lol, I just got it now (I think) 😂
S23 ultra as in the phone? At the time I was like what's an S ultra but I was in a rush and it didn't click lol

@justwise, if you don't mind, I'll do a Go Fund Me to grant your wish. Please dm me your photo grin

Yeah, Samsung S23 Ultra

Do Go fund me for 2 grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 1:10pm On Jan 27
Zahra29:

Lol, I just got it now (I think) 😂
S23 ultra as in the phone? At the time I was like what's an S ultra but I was in a rush and it didn't click lol

@justwise, if you don't mind, I'll do a Go Fund Me to grant your wish. Please dm me your photo grin

grin actually you are not serious, since the oga at the top did not accompany the recognition with a gift i thought you will do better.

Actually i want S24 not 23 grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 1:10pm On Jan 27
hustla:

Yeah, Samsung S23 S24 Ultra

Do Go fund me for 2 grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tier4Dependant: 1:11pm On Jan 27
hustla:

cry

I thought there would be an easy way to do it nah

I don't like calls but it appears there no other option

Had same issues, said I owe £159 but couldn’t pay online. Called them & I was guided on how to make the payment while on the call. Wait time was about 20mins before I was able to speak to an agent.

The guy told me to go to gov.uk website, search for “simple assessment” and then click on “pay simple assessment tax bill”.

In the letter I received, there was a reference number and I quoted it before making payment.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 1:12pm On Jan 27
Viruses:

Auto is easier and faster, saves you money, time and energy, no need to plan to drive manual if you plan to buy auto because you will hardly need to drive another person's car.

Manual cars are significantly cheaper to buy and with manual license, you can drive auto too.
It might be easier and faster to learn. But can u pls explain how it saves money? In the same statement, you said manual cars are cheaper. How far?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 1:12pm On Jan 27
Viruses:

Auto is easier and faster, saves you money, time and energy, no need to plan to drive manual if you plan to buy auto because you will hardly need to drive another person's car.

Manual cars are significantly cheaper to buy and with manual license, you can drive auto too.

It might be easier and faster to learn. But can u pls explain how it saves money? In the same statement, you said manual cars are cheaper. How far?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 1:13pm On Jan 27
JanegirlN:

If this will require us traveling to London for biometrics, we might as well just get a passport instead.

Yes but i think its quicker than passport and i think the embassy outsourced the service to another agent outside the embassy.

Its more expensive though

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 1:15pm On Jan 27
hustla:

True sha

Hopefully things will free up now following the student dependent ban

Honestly it's freeing up already, there's this popular warehouse that usually lay off staff, due to low sales, in second week in January (around this time) but they held on to staff this year because of the uncertainty in the immigration laws... They aren't sure if they'll get new applicants by spring when their business picks up again.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 1:18pm On Jan 27
jedisco:

Truth be said, I doubt if that rent reporting stuff actually works. Mortgage criteria are quite straightforward

Thanks. Someone said this same thing.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:19pm On Jan 27
justwise

shocked shocked grin

Talk to Lexus, he will get the S24 Ultra for you and install iptv on it
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tier4Dependant: 1:20pm On Jan 27
ehizario2012:

This is very simple. Just go to any car dealership website & search any car of the same model in auto and manual.

Come back and report here on the price differences
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:21pm On Jan 27
ehizario2012:

Honestly it's freeing up already, there's this popular warehouse that usually lay off staff, due to low sales, in second week in January (around this time) but they held on to staff this year because of the uncertainty in the immigration laws... They aren't sure if they'll get new applicants by spring when their business picks up again.

Hmm

I will wait and see what happens around June, then the dust will have cleared and the immigration pathway and numbers will roll in. I expect new rules to also trickle in or amendments

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:21pm On Jan 27
Tier4Dependant:

Had same issues, said I owe £159 but couldn’t pay online. Called them & I was guided on how to make the payment while on the call. Wait time was about 20mins before I was able to speak to an agent.

The guy told me to go to gov.uk website, search for “simple assessment” and then click on “pay simple assessment tax bill”.

In the letter I received, there was a reference number and I quoted it before making payment.

Okay then, I will call them tmr or Monday

Are you allowed to pay it in bits? Maybe £40 x 3 times

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 1:22pm On Jan 27
lilachiever:

Unless for trucks and race cars, who still drives manual?

That thing is stressful

Oga people drive manual cars very very well. If God gives me the grace to buy 2024 car, I can go for manual drive. I love it. Also, manual cars are significantly cheaper but more reliable (for me) than automatic.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tier4Dependant: 1:23pm On Jan 27
hustla:

Okay then, I will call them tmr or Monday

Are you allowed to pay it in bits? Maybe £40 x 3 times

smiley

No idea if one can pay in bits
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 1:26pm On Jan 27
hustla:

I shall pass

They should offer £200 like Natwest

grin

Guys, do these switching affect credit score negatively?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 1:29pm On Jan 27
directonpc:

Yes it did oo. I packed it in bottle water container (half filled), refrigerated it overnight till it's frozen, then put them in a polytene and wrap with sellotape. In summary, the oil made here without any spill.

Nor worry brother, u go soon dey earn pounds. Good oil dey here and e cheap.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 1:33pm On Jan 27
directonpc:

I arrived safely. No drama or scare on the plane.

There was an hour delay from Abuja but we still arrived Cairo and London on time for me to board a national express bus I booked before traveling.

Nice one. I booked national express before coming too last year. Just like yesterday, me and family waiting for our first bus with our travelling bags (including Ghana must go) at Heathrow cheesy grin

I was checking time every minute when I saw the long queue at UK border angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:33pm On Jan 27
hustla:
justwise

shocked shocked grin

You forget say I get 2 pickins for university....... Money is very scarce now........ 😜💵
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:41pm On Jan 27
Lexusgs430:

You forget say I get 2 pickins for university....... Money is very scarce now........ 😜💵

E no mean

God go run am based on who you be

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:41pm On Jan 27
ehizario2012:

Guys, do these switching affect credit score negatively?

I think it does initially. Didnt even look at it though

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:42pm On Jan 27
Tier4Dependant:

No idea if one can pay in bits

Okay thank you!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 1:44pm On Jan 27
Tier4Dependant:

This is very simple. Just go to any car dealership website & search any car of the same model in auto and manual.

Come back and report here on the price differences

Manual cars are definitely less expensive than automatic cars. It's how automatic license is cheaper that I don't understand...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 1:46pm On Jan 27
hustla:

Hmm

I will wait and see what happens around June, then the dust will have cleared and the immigration pathway and numbers will roll in. I expect new rules to also trickle in or amendments

smiley

Yh let's wait for hindsight, but it's good to be brave and take a stand ahead of time...

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 1:54pm On Jan 27
hustla:
justwise

shocked shocked grin

lol..i pre-ordered one, for resale as i'm not a fan of android phones.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by directonpc(m): 1:54pm On Jan 27
ehizario2012:

Nice one. I booked national express before coming too last year. Just like yesterday, me and family waiting for our first bus with our travelling bags (including Ghana must go) at Heathrow cheesy grin

I was checking time every minute when I saw the long queue at UK border angry
Lol. Did you catch the bus? And how has life been.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lilachiever(m): 1:56pm On Jan 27
ehizario2012:

Oga people drive manual cars very very well. If God gives me the grace to buy 2024 car, I can go for manual drive. I love it. Also, manual cars are significantly cheaper but more reliable (for me) than automatic.

OK
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by directonpc(m): 1:56pm On Jan 27
ehizario2012:

Nor worry brother, u go soon dey earn pounds. Good oil dey here and e cheap.

Oh wow! I'm not in London sha. Hope I can get good oil here too. smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by EzekielBams(m): 1:56pm On Jan 27
Hello everyone. I have a question please. I just got a job that I should be starting at the end of February. I have signed the contract and everything. But another company just called me few days ago and I have been given another offer to start with them on the 1st of February. Can I just email the first company and let them know that something came up. I no want any issue for this Uk. Help a brother out please.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 2:21pm On Jan 27
ehizario2012:

Taking a first learner as case study, for manual car, it may take up to 45 lessons to get ready for driving test. Using auto will take about 25 lessons.

One lesson is 2hrs (or 1hr) and cost £40/hr on average. The extra classes for manual is the money saved. Learning gear and clutch alone will take more than 10 classes but is not needed for auto. You could save btw £500 and £1k there.

Manual cars are cheaper to buy in the market and the difference is huge. E.g Manual Range Rover Evoque is cheaper than the auto version.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 2:47pm On Jan 27
justwise:

lol..i pre-ordered one, for resale as i'm not a fan of android phones.

You fit dash boys

Btw, whats the resale scope?

grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (545) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: segunzolawalez, 080bjaked(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.