Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,001 members, 7,814,413 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (462942 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (534) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:51pm On Jan 26
Goodenoch:

I don’t think this blanket assumption that every student facing financial difficulty failed to plan or somehow tried to cut corners is fair or logical.

Of course it’s accurate in many people’s cases but taking random news like this and laughing about them on the assumption that they caused the problem they’re in surely isn’t right.

If i was going to attend a university, I would ensure my funding is guaranteed, or I wouldn't bother.......

I wouid not hang it on a wing, prayer or GFM...... 😜

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 1:51pm On Jan 26
Lexusgs430:

Where would she get £10,500, within 24 hours (free)..... (Considering current GFM figure)..... B4 maths lecturer's attempt to correct me .......😜

If you FAIL to PLAN...... You PLAN to FAIL.......😁
..gofundme
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:55pm On Jan 26
justwise:

..gofundme

Why would I want to rely on the generosity of others (hoping they come through).....

This is strictly based on my opinion.......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:56pm On Jan 26
justwise:

..gofundme

She got £10,000 to raise in a few hours...... Her refresh fingers, must be hurting now..... 😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 2:12pm On Jan 26
Hkana:

Sure. 2 active DDs

I shall pass

They should offer £200 like Natwest

grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 2:13pm On Jan 26
jedisco:

Continued naira devaluation might have meant home sources of funds might not be able to meet up.
Also, influx of care workers + dependents has meant usual 20hr jobs have not been as easy to come by.
Some also didn't have reasonable funds initially and now have to face the reality

I wonder how many would fare in the longterm (after PSW) with the new work visa rules.

Well, good points

Remains to be seen sha. Hopefully things get better cos mehn, its starting to look one kain and the UK gov will also be observing these things

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Treadway: 2:13pm On Jan 26
Lexusgs430:

She got £10,000 to raise in a few hours...... Her refresh fingers, must be hurting now..... 😂
she don cash out over 4k GBP, so at all at all na im bad pass. If she carry the 4k come Tinubu Nigeria, na still plenty money....lol
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 2:14pm On Jan 26
justwise:

They played a stupid game and now enjoying stupid price.

A year or two ago i was removing a lot of posts from people asking for school that does not ask for deposit or accept low deposit. I banned countless number of people advertising or asking for proof of fund link.

People cheated themselves from CAS to visa application and now chicken has come home to roost and we are acting sympathetic? Nah!

Experience is the best teacher.

Preaching the same on the student thread but I'm seeing counter arguments

Its best to get the experience in real time

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 2:21pm On Jan 26
i don't think she planned for it that way

her story says an extended family member was helping out but the economy has been tough.. she also lost her dad..

So her options are tight.. painful .. final year student..

sad

Lexusgs430:

Why would I want to rely on the generosity of others (hoping they come through).....

This is strictly based on my opinion.......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 2:23pm On Jan 26
profemebee:
i don't think she planned for it that way

her story says an extended family member was helping out but the economy has been tough.. she also lost her dad..

So her options are tight.. painful .. final year student..

sad

Her story vs the real story...... 😂

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 2:39pm On Jan 26
wink cheesy you have a point sha

Lexusgs430:

Her story vs the real story...... 😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 2:43pm On Jan 26
Lexusgs430:

I guess she have seen others do the same thing and was successful.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 2:48pm On Jan 26
hustla:

Preaching the same on the student thread but I'm seeing counter arguments

Its best to get the experience in real time

smiley

I have been preaching this for at least 10yrs, collected a good number of enemies along the line but i'm not going to stop. I also 'enjoy' seeing the cry babies starting a thread moan about how hard life is in the UK.

An own goal
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 3:23pm On Jan 26
justwise:

I have been preaching this for at least 10yrs, collected a good number of enemies along the line but i'm not going to stop. I also 'enjoy' seeing the cry babies starting a thread moan about how hard life is in the UK.

An own goal

.. But life is hard naw

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 3:34pm On Jan 26
hustla:

.. But life is hard naw

grin

Nah! We make life hard

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zeinymira(f): 3:41pm On Jan 26
What do we think about this world war and drafting people to join?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 3:47pm On Jan 26
Treadway:
she don cash out over 4k GBP, so at all at all na im bad pass. If she carry the 4k come Tinubu Nigeria, na still plenty money....lol

She knew it was going to be an uphill battle to raise funds, so she has had to defer her studies till 2024.........

In the may time....... According to the communication from her university...... They would contact home office....... 😜🤣

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 3:48pm On Jan 26
Zeinymira:

They should get their family members + the royal family ........ 🤣😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 3:49pm On Jan 26
justwise:

Nah! We make life hard

Our obsession with miracles......... 😜

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 4:41pm On Jan 26
Zeinymira:

If them go give pali, i no mind IT role for there

grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 6:20pm On Jan 26
Lexusgs430:

If i was going to attend a university, I would ensure my funding is guaranteed, or I wouldn't bother.......

I wouid not hang it on a wing, prayer or GFM...... 😜

Tell us please; as a 20-year old like her, what would you have done to ‘ensure your funding is guaranteed’ other than relying on her family as she did?

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by directonpc(m): 6:56pm On Jan 26
Jamesclooney:

How far the palm oil? Did it survive 72hrs trip?
Yes it did oo. I packed it in bottle water container (half filled), refrigerated it overnight till it's frozen, then put them in a polytene and wrap with sellotape. In summary, the oil made here without any spill.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by directonpc(m): 6:59pm On Jan 26
OmichaelO:
how did it go?
I arrived safely. No drama or scare on the plane.

There was an hour delay from Abuja but we still arrived Cairo and London on time for me to board a national express bus I booked before traveling.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:15pm On Jan 26
Goodenoch:

Tell us please; as a 20-year old like her, what would you have done to ‘ensure your funding is guaranteed’ other than relying on her family as she did?

Wigwe university or similar, might have been a better option........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 7:38pm On Jan 26
Omo
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Diamonds911(m): 7:40pm On Jan 26
Iolo:

Lack of accommodation may prove a challenge as you should be able to show that you’re able to accommodate your kids and grandparents. You’ve already gone ahead to pay for the visa fees but if I were you I’ll wait to resume my job, have proof of address and at least one pay slip to show proof of income.
Huge thanks lolo and giselle237. How long can wait till my kids biometrics since all fees have been paid? I hope there time gap to complete biometrics is not counting? I can't seem to get the fact from Tlscontact. Pls help
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 7:55pm On Jan 26
Tier4Dependant:
Lender is offering me 13.4% APR for a car finance. Is this a good deal or I should try my luck and see if I can get a lesser APR.

But my fear is that, hope this current APR won’t leave a footprint on my credit file and make other lenders want to offer me a high APR.

I just simulated in my Lloyds back app and got 10.3% for £10k over 4yrs.

Note: use the car loan section, not the personal loan section.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 8:12pm On Jan 26
Food don done for justwise, baba quiet since until the 'immigrants without plan' topic start.

Someone congratulated him for winning award seff e no answer, got me thinking he's no longer here. Now I know exactly what to post if I wan hear from am.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 8:26pm On Jan 26
Viruses:
Food don done for justwise, baba quiet since until the 'immigrants without plan' topic start.

Someone congratulated him for winning award seff e no answer , got me thinking he's no longer here. Now I know exactly what to post if I wan hear from am.

..and you are sure about that?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Iolo(m): 8:39pm On Jan 26
Diamonds911:

Huge thanks lolo and giselle237. How long can wait till my kids biometrics since all fees have been paid? I hope there time gap to complete biometrics is not counting? I can't seem to get the fact from Tlscontact. Pls help

My knowledge isn’t up to speed but you probably don’t have long. The link below from 2022 states 45 days so you’ll need to check to see what the latest guidance is.

https://www.britbound.com/the-inbounder/what-happens-at-the-uk-biometrics-appointment
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 8:48pm On Jan 26
justwise:

..and you are sure about that?
Maybe I missed your acknowledgement of the message.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zeinymira(f): 9:01pm On Jan 26
hustla:

If them go give pali, i no mind IT role for there

grin

;DLol

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (534) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Goodenoch, Treadway, Zakikaki and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.