Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (472696 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 10:42pm On Jan 26
Viruses:
Food don done for justwise, baba quiet since until the 'immigrants without plan' topic start.

Someone congratulated him for winning award seff e no answer, got me thinking he's no longer here. Now I know exactly what to post if I wan hear from am.

You like vawulence grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 11:10pm On Jan 26
Viruses:
Food don done for justwise, baba quiet since until the 'immigrants without plan' topic start.

Someone congratulated him for winning award seff e no answer, got me thinking he's no longer here. Now I know exactly what to post if I wan hear from am.

cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by humblemoi: 11:19pm On Jan 26
Uncle @Lexusgs430 on Tipranks, is it advisable to buy stocks at the dip or the stocks already progressing in the traders portfolio?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by JanegirlN: 12:36am On Jan 27
Hi all

I am hoping to travel with my kids (4&2) to naija soon. They've got their British passport but don't yet have a naija passport. I don't think we'll be able to apply and get it within the timeframe we are hoping to travel. Can we do an ETC. Please is there anyone who has applied for a child? how was the process like and what's the timeline? Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:42am On Jan 27
JanegirlN:
Hi all

I am hoping to travel with my kids (4&2) to naija soon. They've got their British passport but don't yet have a naija passport. I don't think we'll be able to apply and get it within the timeframe we are hoping to travel. Can we do an ETC. Please is there anyone who has applied for a child? how was the process like and what's the timeline? Thanks.

Your children are not Nigerian's (yet)....... They would need to apply for visa's.......🤣😜

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:46am On Jan 27
humblemoi:
Uncle @Lexusgs430 on Tipranks, is it advisable to buy stocks at the dip or the stocks already progressing in the traders portfolio?

It's entirely dependent on the buyer's threshold limits.........

Look at the margins set + expected targets + current price, then make an informed decision....... Are you hoping for a long term hold or short term .........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by UrFears: 5:13am On Jan 27
directonpc:

ABOUT MY FLIGHT
Egyptair didn't allow me to board till I got a yellow fever vaccine card.

If anyone plans to book Egypt air from Nigeria, make you have that card.

Also during our stop in Cairo, we waited for about 4 hours before were taken to the hotel paid for by the airline. Some Egypt air staff even told us no accommodation for us till we started opening eyes for them.

Hi boss, please how can I get the yellow fever card and the cost. I'm flying with Egypt air next week. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by directonpc(m): 5:25am On Jan 27
UrFears:

Hi boss, please how can I get the yellow fever card and the cost. I'm flying with Egypt air next week. Thanks
I got it for 6k at the airport in Abuja. Try to Google and ask around before you travel. Or be at the airport like 5 hours before your trip.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 6:37am On Jan 27
Lexusgs430:

Your children are not Nigerian's (yet)....... They would need to apply for visa's.......🤣😜

Now he will appreciate Nigeria.

He born children, no do Nigerian passport but rush do British passport. Now he delay don turn emergency, e wan us etc take go USA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 9:05am On Jan 27
Viruses:

Maybe I missed your acknowledgement of the message.

You don't surprise me one bit.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by humblemoi: 9:07am On Jan 27
Lexusgs430:

It's entirely dependent on the buyer's threshold limits.........

Look at the margins set + expected targets + current price, then make an informed decision....... Are you hoping for a long term hold or short term .........

Looking to buy for both short and long term..
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by humblemoi: 9:13am On Jan 27
Hi Please, does anyone here know how long it takes to receive a PCN? I went through Dartford Crossing but only remembered to pay after the midnight one is expected to pay. I called the line but was told unless PCN is issued they can't do anything however they suggested to plead first offender rate when trying to pay. In the mean time I made payment for future crossing on the car reg. cos I thought maybe by sheer of luck it would count but that's still sitting pretty there.
Crossed December 28th and till date nothing. Kept checking the gov website to see if it had been issued but nothing.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by humblemoi: 9:14am On Jan 27
JanegirlN:
Hi all

Could they not do visa on arrival? Thought that used to be a thing.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 9:27am On Jan 27
justwise:

You don't surprise me one bit.

You will need a high IQ to get surprised by me.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:34am On Jan 27
humblemoi:

Could they not do visa on arrival? Thought that used to be a thing.

Yes, it's a thing..... But you must have an expired Nigerian passport, to qualify for VOA ........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 9:44am On Jan 27
Viruses:

You will need a high IQ to get surprised by me.

No i don't and you know that.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 9:45am On Jan 27
Lexusgs430:

Yes, it's a thing..... But you must have an expired Nigerian passport, to qualify for VOA ........

Getting a Nigerian visa will be easier and quicker.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:52am On Jan 27
Viruses:

He did and asked for S23 Ultra, I think

grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:54am On Jan 27
justwise:

Tinubu desperately needs foreign currency....... 🤣😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tolzeal(m): 9:55am On Jan 27
humblemoi:

Rule of thumb.
Don’t try to time the market.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:01am On Jan 27
Tolzeal:

Rule of thumb.
Don’t try to time the market.

How dip is deep.......😂

OR

How deep is dip......🤔

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 11:53am On Jan 27
Please o

HMRC said I owe £120 and I have been trying to pay since but I am unable to pay on their platform. Sent them a msg and got this but it's a bit confusing, I think the letter was even sent to my old address

Due date is April and I thought they would be deducting it from my monthly pay but it appears I have to pay using a card or something

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:06pm On Jan 27
hustla:
Please o

HMRC said I owe £120 and I have been trying to pay since but I am unable to pay on their platform. Sent them a msg and got this but it's a bit confusing, I think the letter was even sent to my old address

Due date is April and I thought they would be deducting it from my monthly pay but it appears I have to pay using a card or something

Loads of HMRC scammers money request flying around........ Just call HMRC tomorrow......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 12:11pm On Jan 27
hustla:

He did and asked for S23 Ultra, I think

grin

Lol, I just got it now (I think) 😂
S23 ultra as in the phone? At the time I was like what's an S ultra but I was in a rush and it didn't click lol

@justwise, if you don't mind, I'll do a Go Fund Me to grant your wish. Please dm me your photo grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by JanegirlN: 12:16pm On Jan 27
Lexusgs430:

Oh really, I thought with parents being Citizens and/or having a passport automatically qualifies a child as a citizen.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 12:17pm On Jan 27
Lexusgs430:

Loads of HMRC scammers money request flying around........ Just call HMRC tomorrow......

Oh No, i got the email from the gov uk website

Ill call them then

thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mayowa94: 12:18pm On Jan 27
Qwesiri:

Hi Please I need help.
I applied to renew my Nigerian passport in July 2023. I did my capturing on 18th October 2023, paid the post order too. I was given a slip saying collection date is 15th December 2023 and I'm yet to receive it. I am due to switch my student visa but I'm yet to do biometrics as my current passport expires 23rd January 2024. Please how do I contact high commission? Or Do I go to London?
Hello
Is there any update about your passport?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by JanegirlN: 12:19pm On Jan 27
Viruses:

Now he will appreciate Nigeria.

He born children, no do Nigerian passport but rush do British passport. Now he delay don turn emergency, e wan us etc take go USA.

Some of una comments dey weak person for this thread. Who talk say we no appreciate Nigeria?
Can you compare the convenience of getting a British PP to a Naija PP. Do you think everybody lives down south or in London. Make we dey rush do naija PP when we had never even considered the trip for them yet. Funnily enough we tried applying for both the same time but the biometrics appointment we saw for Naija is the day we are now expecting their British passport.
Anyway, Orga I am sorry I didn't rush early enough to get Naija PP for my Children. No vex.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by JanegirlN: 12:23pm On Jan 27
justwise:

If this will require us traveling to London for biometrics, we might as well just get a passport instead.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:30pm On Jan 27
JanegirlN:

Oh really, I thought with parents being Citizens and/or having a passport automatically qualifies a child as a citizen.

Yes, via the dual citizenship route........ But in your current circumstance, you want to take them to Nigeria, BUT they have never held a Nigerian passport.......

Hence emphasis on my ''YET''....... 😂

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 12:49pm On Jan 27
ReesheesuKnack:

Actually, the kids can come in on their own. There is something called ‘unaccompanied minors’

However, you may be able to give a consent for someone to bring them. Long process.

My candid advise: You and your spouse should immediately start working over time shifts in any and every legit job. Get some money then one of you travels to go and bring the kids.

I advise that the main applicant should go, any dependant might like to steer clear of UK border for now.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tier4Dependant: 12:54pm On Jan 27
hustla:
Please o

It’s very simple. Call them!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (544) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: prodigyy(m), f4flakes(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.