Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,923 members, 7,821,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (474529 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (545) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 5:25pm On Feb 11
OmichaelO:
it's not that bad to be honest bro. Lol

But I get your point.

So you can do Albania and Montenegro

Yeah

How much did the Greece one cost you?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by harddrive2012: 5:28pm On Feb 11
Abeg anyone get idea on how to book cheap return train tickets from Edinburgh/Glasgow to Bournemouth? Couldn’t find a direct flight as easy jet looks cheaper and the closest airport to Bournemouth is still far. I wouldn’t mind if you have other cheaper means too aside buses please.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phenmeson(m): 6:22pm On Feb 11
harddrive2012:
Abeg anyone get idea on how to book cheap return train tickets from Edinburgh/Glasgow to Bournemouth? Couldn’t find a direct flight as easy jet looks cheaper and the closest airport to Bournemouth is still far. I wouldn’t mind if you have other cheaper means too aside buses please.

Thank you

Buy split ticket from
Edinburgh to London
London to Bournemouth.
N.B you must stick with your journey time.
You can spend less than £75 for the cost.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by harddrive2012: 7:10pm On Feb 11
Thank you

Phenmeson:

Buy split ticket from
Edinburgh to London
London to Bournemouth.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phenmeson(m): 7:24pm On Feb 11
harddrive2012:
Thank you

If you be student, you can apply for 16-25 Railcard and dat gv you 30% train discount for the journey
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bionicman: 8:19pm On Feb 11
Thank you for the information, he has been able to get £1000 through an app, and £500 through a person. I told him the same thing but he was like maybe on social media that was why I put it here on nairaland. Many scammers are on Telegram, I told him to be careful where he sends scanned copies of his BRP and passport to, cos those are delicate documents.

babajeje123:

It would be a bit difficult for the person to see a random person who would loan them. Why can't they be patient till month end since they would get the £2k by then?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by EzekielBams(m): 8:36pm On Feb 11
Please how can I watch this final in this Uk
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:56pm On Feb 11
babajeje123:

It would be a bit difficult for the person to see a random person who would loan them. Why can't they be patient till month end since they would get the £2k by then?

Haba ...... Where are our be your brother's/sister's keeper's brigade..........😂🤣😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:56pm On Feb 11
EzekielBams:
Please how can I watch this final in this Uk

BBC or ITV would stream it. .......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mex551(m): 9:13pm On Feb 11
Lexusgs430:

BBC or ITV would stream it. .......
live on BBC3

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 9:24pm On Feb 11
Mamatukwas:
You people should not laugh oh

But please I’m in London next week for a meeting- Which one area can I go and eat like I’m at home? I want Naija street food- Puff puff, Asun, Suya and Sharwama but all in the same area cause of time?

Recommend for me, please and thanks.

Woolwich

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 9:30pm On Feb 11
Phenmeson:

Buy split ticket from
Edinburgh to London
London to Bournemouth.

In London you must follow the route/ zones on your ticket.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 12:52am On Feb 12
bionicman:
Hello, someone who just arrived in the UK is asking where he can get a loan of £2000 to be returned at the end of the month, the bank said it will not be granted due to no credit score. The person is looking for a personal loan or loan shark. Any advice?

Since the person has arrived UK already, give him this Nairaland link, let him or her come and ask directly and read previous pages.

After that, help might even come from here.

All these my friend, my brother sister uncle aunty can be nauseating sometimes. Very few use the pronoun 'I" Sorry if I'm sounding harsh but in this mood of Nigeria's loss to Ivory Coast ehn...

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 4:35am On Feb 12
lavida001:

Woolwich
Abeg, dem dey sell amala for Woolwich?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 6:33am On Feb 12
babajeje123:

Abeg, dem dey sell amala for Woolwich?

Even ikokore dey Woolwich...... 🤣

Everything Nigeria dey Woolwich...... Take a stroll on the high street, you would think you're in isale eko.....😜

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phenmeson(m): 7:25am On Feb 12
Lexusgs430:

Even ikokore dey Woolwich...... 🤣

Everything Nigeria dey Woolwich...... Take a stroll on the high street, you would think you're in isale eko.....😜

E B say I see you wey dey buy smoke fish, pomo ijebu & fufu last year 🤗
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phenmeson(m): 7:28am On Feb 12
Api New week & congrat to team 9ja.
I beg for newly wed couple applying for skilled visa. They have over 2yrs WhatsApp chat,Bank transfer evidence & marriage certificate & can get 2yrs call history only if 9ja network provider go giv.
Presenting 1month marriage certificate, does it have adverse effect on the outcome of the application based on the news/speculation that all marriages must be over 2yrs.

Who dey host us on Feb 14 ooo
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:33am On Feb 12
Phenmeson:
Api New week & congrat to team 9ja.
I beg for newly wed couple applying for skilled visa. They have over 2yrs WhatsApp chat,Bank transfer evidence & marriage certificate & can get 2yrs call history only if 9ja network provider go giv.
Presenting 1month marriage certificate, does it have adverse effect on the outcome of the application based on the news/speculation that all marriages must be over 2yrs.

Who dey host us on Feb 14 ooo

Only if you go receive am from behind.........🤣😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:33am On Feb 12
Phenmeson:

E B say I see you wey dey buy smoke fish, pomo ijebu & fufu last year 🤗

Na me you see o, I dey haggle with iya bashirat ......😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OmichaelO: 9:07am On Feb 12
hustla:

Yeah

How much did the Greece one cost you?
from sarande, 60 pounds. It was a boat ride.

30 mins or so
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phenmeson(m): 10:29am On Feb 12
Lexusgs430:

Only if you go receive am from behind.........🤣😜

Oga lexus abi Ford, you want people to dey fear say you b BAT abi. I no b James Brown abi Bobrisky ooo.
Una wey don dey dis country since Three Lions of England won World Cup, you fit even decide to host our lovely Nairaland brother & sisters for London Hilton hotel for Hyde Park.
Yur erekere too much.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:35am On Feb 12
Phenmeson:

Oga lexus abi Ford, you want people to dey fear say you b BAT abi. I no b James Brown abi Bobrisky ooo.
Una wey don dey dis country since Three Lions of England won World Cup, you fit even decide to host our lovely Nairaland brother & sisters for London Hilton hotel for Hyde Park.
Yur erekere too much.

Higher than usual cost of living, no spare anybody o .....😜

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Datakey: 12:05pm On Feb 12
Which schengen country is fast with visa issuance and a good place to visit? Any suggestion?

And how do I start the process of getting a schengen visa, before boredom will damage my mental health
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:20pm On Feb 12
OmichaelO:
from sarande, 60 pounds. It was a boat ride.

30 mins or so

lol NO o. I mean getting the Greece visa

cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:21pm On Feb 12
Datakey:
Which schengen country is fast with visa issuance and a good place to visit? Any suggestion?

And how do I start the process of getting a schengen visa, before boredom will damage my mental health

There's a place called Cornwall in the UK

Looks very nice grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:23pm On Feb 12
Phenmeson:

If you be student, you can apply for 16-25 Railcard and dat gv you 30% train discount for the journey

You need to present ID for this right? I need another one but age will cast me wink

Tried to apply online and I was asked for ID. I did get it in person at the rail station after showing my school ID
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OmichaelO: 1:53pm On Feb 12
hustla:

lol NO o. I mean getting the Greece visa

cheesy
oh no. I didn't get a separate visa for Greece. It was the Germany own I got for 6 months I used . It elasped 31st Dec. So used it to enter multiple countries when I was on leave
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 2:02pm On Feb 12
OmichaelO:
oh no. I didn't get a separate visa for Greece. It was the Germany own I got for 6 months I used . It elasped 31st Dec. So used it to enter multiple countries when I was on leave
Was that your first shenghen visa?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phenmeson(m): 2:17pm On Feb 12
hustla:

You need to present ID for this right? I need another one but age will cast me wink

Tried to apply online and I was asked for ID. I did get it in person at the rail station after showing my school ID

If you are still in university,walk down to any train station and fill it up. But if you have 9ja Pali, unfortunately you won't be able to do it online.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dhummystecah(f): 2:53pm On Feb 12
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much to everyone who offered advice in December! Your help was invaluable in getting my Certificate of Sponsorship (COS) from my line manager in mid-January.

Moving forward, I have some questions about proof of English for my Skilled Worker Visa application as a software developer. While I've requested a letter of English proficiency from my university, I'm concerned about the turnaround time. Additionally, I haven't been able to find any upcoming IELTS UKVI test dates near me.

With that in mind, I have two questions:

1. Can I use the IELTS UKVI Academic test to meet the English language requirement for my Skilled Worker Visa application?
2. Are there any alternative English language tests accepted for Skilled Worker Visa applications that might have shorter waiting times for appointments?

Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OmichaelO: 2:59pm On Feb 12
Goodenoch:

Was that your first shenghen visa?
No chief, second one.

6 months validity and 90 days multiple entry
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 3:15pm On Feb 12
OmichaelO:
No chief, second one.

6 months validity and 90 days multiple entry

Thanks boss 👍🏿

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (545) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Lexusgs430, LaXxOnebody(m), Controlv, mzzkismet, Chreze(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.