Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,713 members, 7,813,351 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (461524 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 5:01am On Feb 24
Lexusgs430:

At least we the taxpayers, are fully funding her massive legal cost.......... ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Her lawyer's would keep milking this cow........ ๐Ÿ„๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿคฃ

Everybody has a right to good legal representation. Legal aid is Beans and actually does some good compared to the billions the government has now wasted on Rwanda and PPE.

Unlike in the US, where public defenders are crap, I hear they operate a taxi rank system here where Barristers are not allowed to turn down a case so long as they are next in line.
I love Europe!there was joined up thinking going on at some point in this country .
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 5:35am On Feb 24
missjekyll:

Everybody has a right to good legal representation. Legal aid is Beans and actually does some good compared to the billions the government has now wasted on Rwanda and PPE.

Unlike in the US, where public defenders are crap, I hear they operate a taxi rank system here where Barristers are not allowed to turn down a case so long as they are next in line.
I love Europe!there was joined up thinking going on at some point in this country .

Legal aid and the cab rank rule are two different systems. The conditions with the cab rank rule make it essentially an ideal rather than reality, despite what the Bar Council would have you think.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:59am On Feb 24
Chreze:

I guess you will need a printer for this?

When I required a document, I simply attached the snapped passport to my online application.....

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 6:17am On Feb 24
Goodenoch:

Legal aid and the cab rank rule are two different systems. The conditions with the cab rank rule make it essentially an ideal rather than reality, despite what the Bar Council would have you think.

-I would have thought both systems worked together to ensure everyone has experienced legal representation however shallow their pockets are.

- I was a foolish 15yr old at one time. I held some narrowminded views at that time.The brain does not fully develop till your early 20s. She made those choices but noone can say she had full capacity. The consequences are too dire . We havent even tried deradicalisation and rehab.

- Some of the people on this thread have 15 Yr olds. You are a lucky parent if you can place your hand over your heart and swear that your 15 Yr old daughter has enough critical thinking to remain adamant in the face of peer pressure.

- Every family has 1 blacksheep. You all got the same training but in at least 1 of you,it didn't take. Shall we blame your parents then? But 5 other children are highfliers. Some children are just naughty and won't listen.

- I get yearly training on deradicalisation as part of mandatory training. Radicalisation is a systemic issue . If I was the UK, I would be looking into how they got access to her, who else is affected. Banning her hasn't solved the problem and is a tad performative.

- Realistically, being her neighbour is the safest you can be . It's a win win. If she is indeed a hard-core bad woman, she ll never bomb her home. If she isn't a terrorist, then she won't bomb it either

I m here all morning, people. Come and fight. Bolekaja! ( I hope that means come down and fight)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kumbhuru: 6:18am On Feb 24
Phenmeson:

Hopefully Air Peace go dey fly directly from Nigeria to London Gatwick from March.
I hope their ticket no go dey more expensive pass Qatar, Airmaroc or British Airways etc.
Is Air peace even good locally?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kumbhuru: 6:21am On Feb 24
Datakey:

Let me tell you what I did, if you are either in lagos or Abuja, kindly arrange your bag and keep checking wakanow for same day or next day flight.. some people cancel their flight few hours or days before travel and this will crash the price of the ticket.. Well this is how I got my ticket when I travelled.
Bookmarked

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phenmeson(m): 6:21am On Feb 24
kumbhuru:

Maybe dem go offer beta service for international.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kumbhuru: 6:39am On Feb 24
An employer wants to offer only COS(nursing) No visa fee and flight. Please how much is both in naira? To know if I should reject or accept.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jum33: 7:17am On Feb 24
kumbhuru:
An employer wants to offer only COS(nursing) No visa fee and flight. Please how much is both in naira? To know if I should reject or accept.
I am not understanding o ,so you are seeking for employer that pay for your flight money and visa fee after giving you a defined cos.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by deept(m): 7:52am On Feb 24
Lexusgs430:

Who would pay the ยฃ7K, English channel dingy crossing toll.....๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜œ

How much lawyer don collect since. Plus this route comes with full board at taxpayer expense so at the end of the day balance sheet go balance ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜œ
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by deept(m): 7:54am On Feb 24
[quote author=Lexusgs430 post=128617012][/quote]

If na only people like you dey UK, we go continue dey go recession. Help the economy na. ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by deept(m): 8:00am On Feb 24
missjekyll:

I m here all morning, people. Come and fight. Bolekaja! ( I hope that means come down and fight)

Tighten the wrapper ready for vawulence ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:16am On Feb 24
deept:

How much lawyer don collect since. Plus this route comes with full board at taxpayer expense so at the end of the day balance sheet go balance ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜œ

This case, would already cost the taxpayer over ยฃ1,000,000........๐Ÿ˜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 8:27am On Feb 24
missjekyll:
1. She was born here, never been to Bangladesh in her life. She was radicalised in the UK at 15 years old ie a child. Why does the UK get to export this frankenstein that they nurtured? I say bring her home ,investigate her part in IS and throw her in jail.

2. Bangladesh has said she will face the death penalty if she enters the country. She is now stateless. The UK knew that removing her citizenship would make her stateless and did it anyway.

3. I am a bit worried as it appears there are 2 tiers of citizenship. An irrevocable and a revocable one.
How many generations down the line will my offspring have to be to acquire this irrevocable citizenship.

These are the 3 major arguments i have heard against the government's position.I havent read her lawyers argument so there may be more.It's a Landmark case and will likely get to the Supreme Court.

I haven't addressed "supporting terrorism" as I believe its too easy to disprove that theory.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/feb/23/what-happens-to-shamima-begum-now-and-what-are-her-legal-options?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

What is wrong with that?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 8:40am On Feb 24
Phenmeson:

Hopefully Air Peace go dey fly directly from Nigeria to London Gatwick from March.
I hope their ticket no go dey more expensive pass Qatar, Airmaroc or British Airways etc.
Safety nko?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kumbhuru: 8:44am On Feb 24
jum33:

I am not understanding o ,so you are seeking for employer that pay for your flight money and visa fee after giving you a defined cos.
Yea, that's the standard at least for nursing.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by 4ruby4: 8:56am On Feb 24
Please I need urgent advise. Is a baby born in Nigeria to parents awaiting there british citizenship application approval a British citizen? Also, if not a citizen, which visa can be applied for in order to get baby to the UK? Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:34am On Feb 24
4ruby4:
Please I need urgent advise. Is a baby born in Nigeria to parents awaiting there british citizenship application approval a British citizen? Also, if not a citizen, which visa can be applied for in order to get baby to the UK? Thank you

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/children-nationality-policy-guidance/registration-as-british-citizen-children-accessible

Over to you ........๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 9:38am On Feb 24
justwise:

What is wrong with that?

Too harsh but they owe her nothing. This is for people who argue that she can claim Bangladeshi citizenship. She can't.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 9:44am On Feb 24
missjekyll:

Too harsh but they owe her nothing. This is for people who argue that she can claim Bangladeshi citizenship. She can't.

Too harsh you said? How about those who were killed by IS? How about those her husband killed and showed off on videos?

She can claim Bangladeshi citizenship but that comes with a reward which is not willing to receive.

Do you also spend time to remember innocent souls they wasted and do you fight for justice for their families?

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 9:48am On Feb 24
kumbhuru:

Visas and flights have always been your responsibility. An employer may decide to advance you the funds then claw it back from your salary.
See if thats an option.
Nurses used to get a golden handshake,I think.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wallg123: 9:50am On Feb 24
deept:
Wasting time since. Could have been back here ages ago if she followed th channel route
Itโ€™s not too late for her to smuggle herself back in and then letโ€™s see what country they going to deport her and her child to since she is stateless โ€ฆ. grin

The irony of the matter that others jihadist have smuggled themselves back into Europe/Uk and the worse that would happen to them is to serve time in jail like โ€œthe beetlesโ€ are currently facing.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wallg123: 9:52am On Feb 24
Lexusgs430:

Who would pay the ยฃ7K, English channel dingy crossing toll.....๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜œ
lolโ€ฆ those same human right NGOs na way dey champion the caseโ€ฆ. But na your tax payers money them go use oh
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 9:59am On Feb 24
missjekyll:

-I would have thought both systems worked together to ensure everyone has experienced legal representation however shallow their pockets are.

- I was a foolish 15yr old at one time. I held some narrowminded views at that time.The brain does not fully develop till your early 20s. She made those choices but noone can say she had full capacity. The consequences are too dire . We havent even tried deradicalisation and rehab.

- Some of the people on this thread have 15 Yr olds. You are a lucky parent if you can place your hand over your heart and swear that your 15 Yr old daughter has enough critical thinking to remain adamant in the face of peer pressure.

- Every family has 1 blacksheep. You all got the same training but in at least 1 of you,it didn't take. Shall we blame your parents then? But 5 other children are highfliers. Some children are just naughty and won't listen.

I was a foolish 15 year old too and na me gangan be the black sheep that year. I did many many things but the thought of going to join a group to murder people en masse never crossed my mind. I don't know about you sha but that's not normal in any way and it's beyond 'naughty'. Crucially, she stayed there and carried on doing what she was doing as an adult, so the argument of being just a 15 year old cannot hold water since she didn't remain permanently at that 'naive' age where she might be afforded the excuse of being a child. In fact, her siblings being high fliers is evidence that she actively set out to be a deviant and a murderer, so the 'oh she just somehow found herself there' case doesn't work. She saw people decapitating people and decided 'yes, that's what I want to go and be a part of.'

Now, what did she do as she grew older? Did she begin to moderate and seek to reverse her actions? No. See the excerpt below from her Wiki page:

The Daily Telegraph reported that Begum had been an "enforcer" in IS's "morality police", and had tried to recruit other young women to join the jihadist group.[24] The report said that she was allowed to carry a Kalashnikov rifle and earned a reputation as a strict enforcer of IS's laws, such as dress codes for women. An anti-IS activist was also reported by The Daily Telegraph as saying that there were allegations of Begum stitching suicide bombs into explosive vests so they could not be removed without detonating.[25]

This, apparently, is what you consider 'naughty'.

- I get yearly training on deradicalisation as part of mandatory training. Radicalisation is a systemic issue . If I was the UK, I would be looking into how they got access to her, who else is affected. Banning her hasn't solved the problem and is a tad performative.

1. She doesn't need to be in the country for them to investigate how she left and did what she did plus that has already been done.
2. it doesn't need to solve the problem fully. Abi will her being in the UK solve it either? It's not performative - it's effective at keeping one terrorist out and every 1 fewer terrorist in the country is a win worth celebrating.

- Realistically, being her neighbour is the safest you can be . It's a win win. If she is indeed a hard-core bad woman, she ll never bomb her home. If she isn't a terrorist, then she won't bomb it either

Someone who traveled to join suicide bombers is who you think will not bomb her home? Lol.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 10:03am On Feb 24
justwise:

Too harsh you said? How about those who were killed by IS? How about those her husband killed and showed off on videos?

She can claim Bangladeshi citizenship but that comes with a reward which is not willing to receive.

Do you also spend time to remember innocent souls they wasted and do you fight for justice for their families?

I must have missed the evidence of her personally carrying out those atrocities. She wasn't an IS fighter.

She only married a monster as a 15 year old child after being groomed and radicalised. Is guilt now transmitted by child marriage?

Punishment was too harsh and has not scratched the surface of the systemic rot that allowed IS to be able to contact a British child.
It's worrying to think your child may be saying hello to a terrorist groomer under your very roof. At this very minute

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by obioraval(m): 10:21am On Feb 24
descarado:
A friend went to Nigerian house on 20th for visa renewal, got his visa by post yesterday 22nd. How is that possible pls.
I did mine last yr and it was more than 2 months before they sent it to me.

Wetin dey happen?
Lexusgs430 come and explain this to me.
It is one of the 7th wonders of Nigeria.

The process is fast right now.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:23am On Feb 24
missjekyll:

I must have missed the evidence of her personally carrying out those atrocities. She wasn't an IS fighter.

She only married a monster as a 15 year old child after being groomed and radicalised. Is guilt now transmitted by child marriage?

Punishment was too harsh and has not scratched the surface of the systemic rot that allowed IS to be able to contact a British child.
It's worrying to think your child may be saying hello to a terrorist groomer under your very roof. At this very minute

Have you watched her 1st interview.........๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dupyshoo: 10:38am On Feb 24
How did you know she was not? Were you there with her? Did you know the information that was shared in the court? The hearings were not made public. One of her lawyers even resigned because of this. Do you know what she would have been exposed to being part of isis? Please let's stop all these political point scoring.

The punishment is not hard at all, it should be worse for everyone of them that are involved in terrorism. All terrorists should be kicked out, if possible.

A 15 year old in a safe country that chose to join a group killing people!! I was in uni far away from home when I was 15 year old and would not make decision to join a group that kills.

Systemic rot!!! Can you explain that?
Keeping her out might not solve the problem of terrorist groomer but it will teach other "naughty" teenager lessons not to be that "naughty". Can't even think how joining isis can be termed just "naughty".

Is it even the government that is grooming terrorists? Do you know the legal battle to keep one terrorist in jail? For example that terrorist preacher?

missjekyll:

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 12:03pm On Feb 24
God bless than man/woman here who spoke about Angel bakery ๐Ÿ™Œ. I am about to have angel fresh bakery bread, ewa goin goin and moin moin for breakfast.๐Ÿ˜‹

And to the mumu that thought those in UK donโ€™t have access to nigeria delicacies. No need for explanation. Evidence dey plenty. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Oga Lexus Abeg share detailed address of that 9ja goat meat package. God bless Sir ๐Ÿ™Œ

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:36pm On Feb 24
AgentXxx:
God bless than man/woman here who spoke about Angel bakery ๐Ÿ™Œ. I am about to have angel fresh bakery bread, ewa goin goin and moin moin for breakfast.๐Ÿ˜‹

And to the mumu that thought those in UK donโ€™t have access to nigeria delicacies. No need for explanation. Evidence dey plenty. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Oga Lexus Abeg share detailed address of that 9ja goat meat package. God bless Sir ๐Ÿ™Œ

You enter Plumstead to chop Agege bread ......
๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Poanan: 12:36pm On Feb 24
kumbhuru:

To be they are one of the best. Then they have good planes including those ones used for international which they sometimes use for local flight.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:37pm On Feb 24
AgentXxx:

Lexus Abeg Oga share detailed address of that 9ja goat meat package. God bless Sir ๐Ÿ™Œ

Would get the shop details from Madam, but รฉ dey Dagenham.......

No be me dey go market.........๐Ÿ˜

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (532) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Genzmummy, DoubleN(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.