Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,821 members, 7,817,396 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (467443 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:52pm On Feb 24
missjekyll:
It has made absolutely no difference to my view. Rebellious teens are not very likeable but we still put our emotions aside to do whats right by them.

She is a Murderous teen

If she had aided people who bombed or slit the throats of people close to you, would you maintain this same stance?

wink

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 8:53pm On Feb 24
missjekyll:

These are serious allegations. No one ever mentioned this before. I would be very very interested in reading your source for this , Rishi?

- You didn’t watch her 1st interview.
- You failed to read/research the allegations against Ms Begum.
- You refused to read the sources quoted by Goodenoch.
- You failed to read the plenty resources available as to how she (& her friends) elaborately planned their journey.
- You seem to have no qualms with her ‘Heads in a Bin’ 🚮 comment.

When you are ready to open up your mind to view this story in a 360 degree you will find lots of sources where Shemima Begum was in charge of morality, was sewing bombs to suicide vests etc…

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 8:56pm On Feb 24
missjekyll:
The definition of a child has not changed.

Having been a teenager, i can say that teenagers can be very resourceful once adequately motivated and incentivised.

Doesnt make them adults .

I note that you didn’t say the same thing about Brianna Ghey’s murderers. Who killed Brianna when they were 15 (just like Shemima Begum).

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:59pm On Feb 24
ReesheesuKnack:

- You didn’t watch her 1st interview.
- You failed to read/research the allegations against Ms Begum.
- You refused to read the sources quoted by Goodenoch.
- You failed to read the plenty resources available as to how she (& her friends) elaborately planned their journey.
- You seem to have no qualms with her ‘Heads in a Bin’ 🚮 comment.

When you are ready to open up your mind to view this story in a 360 degree you will find lots of sources where Shemima Begum was in charge of morality, was sewing bombs to suicide vests etc…

"According to the Sunday Telegraph, the 19-year-old played an active role in the organisation’s reign of terror and was allowed to carry a Kalashnikov rifle, earning herself a reputation as a strict “enforcer” of laws, such as dress code.

Allegations also emerged today that Ms Begum had been witnessed preparing suicide vests for would-be bombers"

See her face like mashed potatoes wey them no do well. They should dash someone with sense the passport abeg

grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:15pm On Feb 24
hustla:

I saw the CCTV picture of when they were leaving, better baff up with nice travel bags

That one no be brainwashing, it was very very calculated and intentional

grin

Don't allow MJ see your post o........, 🤣😁
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:24pm On Feb 24
missjekyll:
The definition of a child has not changed.

Having been a teenager, i can say that teenagers can be very resourceful once adequately motivated and incentivised.

Doesnt make them adults .

If a 15 year old TWOC's a vehicle........ Causes an accident, kills about 25 people..... Does society forgive that 15 year old.......... 🙏🤔

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:27pm On Feb 24
Lexusgs430:

Don't allow MJ see your post o........, 🤣😁

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 9:46pm On Feb 24
I disagree with the last part. Anything that lives in water is halal dead or alive except there is a clear evidence that the farm groomed fish are fed with haram such as pork etc..
wallg123:

The animals must be slaughtered by hand, not by machine. Once killed, all blood must be completely drained off since consuming fresh blood isn't permissible. The certification for halal meat might be a bit strict, even when it comes to fish. Farm-raised fish isn't considered halal.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rollykotex: 12:14am On Feb 25
Hi everyone, it’s really been a while I posted. Though i read the posts and all. I am excited to share the news that we just bought a HOUSE. Asiinnnnnnn Home owner in the United Kingdom. It’s a dream come through and I’m super excited we’re living our best lives.
We moved to the UK in October 2021, I was the student with my husband and two kids as my dependents. We were determined and prepared for the worst that comes with relocation but as God would have it, it wasn’t as bad as we thought. I didn’t work in our first year as I had to take care of the kids and school. My husband alone foot all the bills and paid my school fees. I got a job immediately after school in October 2022, it was without sponsorship so my husband got the HCA sponsorship. We planned to save at least £2,000 a month in the beginning of January 2023 towards getting our own house and we were able to save that and more. By December 2023, we already had enough money for deposit. The whole housing process started on the 4th of January 2024 and here we are today, we got the key last week.
I’m glad we are in a country where you can have both short and long term plan and it will materialise, where we don’t need to have godfathers or know anyone to succeed and where hard work is heavily rewarded.
I am so proud of myself and my husband for the effort we have put in to see this materialise and super grateful to God that gives all beautiful things.
In case you may want to ask, we live in Wales, Swansea to be precise, we bought a three bedroom semidetached, 2 toilet and a bath, beautiful garden, the total cost is 26,750 which include 10% deposit, level3 survey, legal, search. Financed by Barclays.
We didn’t use a mortgage advisor, my husband and I got the lender ourselves. We read and did so many research and it saved us about £800 for mortgage advisor.
Our house is EpC B, council tax band B no ground rent and it’s freehold. We wanted a low cost maintenance and we got it. Our survey result was excellent and the house is super gorgeous . We did a 20 year mortgage plan our repayment is a little above £1,000 which include our house insurance cost and income protection cost as well.
Thank you for reading my long post.

90 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 1:35am On Feb 25
rollykotex:
Hi everyone, it’s really been a while I posted. Though i read the posts and all. I am excited to share the news that we just bought a HOUSE. Asiinnnnnnn Home owner in the United Kingdom. It’s a dream come through and I’m super excited we’re living our best lives.
We moved to the UK in October 2021, I was the student with my husband and two kids as my dependents. We were determined and prepared for the worst that comes with relocation but as God would have it, it wasn’t as bad as we thought. I didn’t work in our first year as I had to take care of the kids and school. My husband alone foot all the bills and paid my school fees. I got a job immediately after school in October 2022, it was without sponsorship so my husband got the HCA sponsorship. We planned to save at least £2,000 a month in the beginning of January 2023 towards getting our own house and we were able to save that and more. By December 2023, we already had enough money for deposit. The whole housing process started on the 4th of January 2024 and here we are today, we got the key last week.
I’m glad we are in a country where you can have both short and long term plan and it will materialise, where we don’t need to have godfathers or know anyone to succeed and where hard work is heavily rewarded.
I am so proud of myself and my husband for the effort we have put in to see this materialise and super grateful to God that gives all beautiful things.
In case you may want to ask, we live in Wales, Swansea to be precise, we bought a three bedroom semidetached, 2 toilet and a bath, beautiful garden, [b]the total cost is 26,750 [/b]which include 10% deposit, level3 survey, legal, search. Financed by Barclays.
We didn’t use a mortgage advisor, my husband and I got the lender ourselves. We read and did so many research and it saved us about £800 for mortgage advisor.
Our house is EpC B, council tax band B no ground rent and it’s freehold. We wanted a low cost maintenance and we got it. Our survey result was excellent and the house is super gorgeous . We did a 20 year mortgage plan our repayment is a little above £1,000 which include our house insurance cost and income protection cost as well.

Congratulations! It's always refreshing reading this kind of news here. The cost of the property is 26k?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tolzeal(m): 6:40am On Feb 25
wonlasewonimi:

Congratulations! It's always refreshing reading this kind of news here. The cost of the property is 26k?

Deposit on 90% LTV .

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by elengine: 8:07am On Feb 25
Good morning people of God and traditionalist😃. I currently pay about 1k pounds monthly for childcare and I have been looking forward to seeing how the upcoming changes in the child care affect us positively. To my surprise however, it seems we are not entitled to the 15 hours commencing in April. I want the house to help me look at it whether I'm the one not interpreting it well. Ejoor😀 1k no be moinmoin every month.

Does if mean if you have no recourse to public fund, you are not entitled to 15 hours free of child care if you above 26k outside London? Is there any alternative?

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:44am On Feb 25
wonlasewonimi:

Haba...... What would we all be doing everywhere else...... 😁

We go all japa towards wales........ 😁😂

If the property is £26K, I would max my credit cards to buy a couple of £26K pads...... (if only it was allowed).....… 😜🤣

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:49am On Feb 25
Rollykotex - Congratulations on this milestone..... It truly goes to show that hardwork, couples financial cooperation and determination works........👍😊

Now you have left the rental market, time to start building up your equity, heading towards financial comfortability/freedom ........ RENT MONEY IS INDEED DEAD MONEY....... 😂🤑

NB : Life insurance nko....... 🤣😝

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 8:56am On Feb 25
rollykotex:
In case you may want to ask, we live in Wales, Swansea to be precise, we bought a three bedroom semidetached, 2 toilet and a bath, beautiful garden,the total cost is 26,750 which include 10% deposit, level3 survey, legal, search. Financed by Barclays.

Congratulations!

Houses in Wales are affordable looking at the figure for 3bedroom house.

Well done to you and your hubby.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Gerrard59(m): 10:10am On Feb 25
Phenmeson:

Sorry to say some kids need proper factory reset. The training some parents giv their kids are out of it.
I dey do my work jejely today, na so a black guy over 20yrs buy child ticket and waka with is white babe.
Next thing he tells me say me African guy & black c**t say mak I go back to my country.
I question am say which colour he be,he say he no b black.
Wen my supervisor comes,na so dis same guy switched topic say na me dey racist to am.

Just imagine if 15yr old girl save money,fly out of the country, join the group.
Now she won waka back come UK after all the atrocity.may be she think say she & the prodigal son na the same.
If they giv her the citizenship,it will motivate others to join other groups.
Regardless of ethnicity, religion,gender mak people shun terrorism.

Terrible! Terrible!! Terrible!!!

I am curious, did he just label you a c*nt for no reason at all? What initiated the slur?

OTOH, I find it hilarious when blacks who are naturalised citizens of European countries label those from Africa with slurs. Except for African Americans, the rest of blacks outside in the developed world went willingly as migrants. I can understand "go back to your country" from an African American, not a descendant of black Africa. Person wey him papa enter the country just after the World War.

Another reason why I no dey take all this black solidarity movements seriously. But I grab the benefits tho grin

Sha, the good thing is, unlike the US, native Europeans will put such people into their rightful place. No be humans dem be? Humans are tribal. grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 10:36am On Feb 25
rollykotex:
In case you may want to ask, we live in Wales, Swansea to be precise, we bought a three bedroom semidetached, 2 toilet and a bath, beautiful garden, the total cost is 26,750 which include 10% deposit, level3 survey, legal, search. Financed by Barclays.

shocked

Wow.

That is a very good deal.

Seems houses in Wales are cheaper?

Congratulations.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 10:37am On Feb 25
justwise:

Congratulations!

Seems so.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rollykotex: 10:51am On Feb 25
Tolzeal:

Deposit on 90% LTV .
Thank you, it’s the 10% including the other charges we paid which I have listed.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rollykotex: 10:53am On Feb 25
Congratulations!

Well done to you and your hubby.[/quote]
Thank you. I it relatively cheaper to England because we wouldn’t get that super deal in England for that price.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rollykotex: 10:55am On Feb 25
Lexusgs430:
Rollykotex - Congratulations on this milestone..... It truly goes to show that hardwork, couples financial cooperation and determination works........👍😊

Now you have left the rental market, time to start building up your equity, heading towards financial comfortability/freedom ........ RENT MONEY IS INDEED DEAD MONEY....... 😂🤑

NB : Life insurance nko....... 🤣😝
Thank you sir. Truly hard work, couples financial cooperation and determination is underrated 😁. We did life insurance too.
Yes oo let’s build the equity. I am over the moon.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 10:57am On Feb 25
Raalsalghul:

Seems so.

In many parts of England that amount will not be enough as a deposit for even 2bedroom flat.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rollykotex: 10:58am On Feb 25
Thank you everyone for the well wishes. We are very grateful and wishing everyone who desire this the best as they work towards achieving it. May UK continue to yield its maximum increase to us all as we put in the effort and May God bless us all

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 11:00am On Feb 25
rollykotex:

Congratulations!

Thank you. I it relatively cheaper to England because we wouldn’t get that super deal in England for that price.

All the same congratulations! Not easy to be that committed to save that much for deposit.

Also credit to your husband for supporting you through school and stuff

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:05am On Feb 25
[quote author=rollykotex post=128636783][/quote]

You can't be gaining vital information from this thread, whilst isolating your husband from this thread..........😊

Invite him over to this madhouse......... 😜😢😂

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 11:12am On Feb 25
justwise:

In many parts of England that amount will not be enough as a deposit for even 2bedroom flat.

Especially the south.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 12:03pm On Feb 25
elengine:
Good morning people of God and traditionalist😃. I currently pay about 1k pounds monthly for childcare and I have been looking forward to seeing how the upcoming changes in the child care affect us positively. To my surprise however, it seems we are not entitled to the 15 hours commencing in April. I want the house to help me look at it whether I'm the one not interpreting it well. Ejoor😀 1k no be moinmoin every month.

Does if mean if you have no recourse to public fund, you are not entitled to 15 hours free of child care if you above 26k outside London? Is there any alternative?

It counts as public funds. Eligibility criteria exist which are similar to the criteria for the current 30 hours, such as immigration status (at least one parent should have British or settled/pre-settled status) and earnings.

How do I apply?
You need to meet our eligibility criteria before you can claim 15 hours free childcare.

The full eligibility criteria are detailed here:

https://www.gov.uk/check-eligible-free-childcare-if-youre-working

Otherwise there is the universal 15 hours (independent of earnings and status) that your child will be entitled to after they turn 3 years old.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:39pm On Feb 25
A note of warning regarding vehicle insurance....... Those searching for much cheaper policies, some ghost brokers have appeared on the insurance scene.........

You think you're covered, but you have simply been scammed....... If the police shines their blue light on your tail........ You would be treated as an uninsured driver, vehicle would be seized and you would have to explain yourself to the magistrates......... 😉🤣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 12:45pm On Feb 25
hustla:

Out of curiosity, what do you think they'll do a service user who grabs your wife's boobs?

Why couldn't you just use another example? I would successfully resist the temptation to respond the way I want to.

Happy Sunday all.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 12:56pm On Feb 25
wonlasewonimi:

I'm always wary of doing bank transfers. If the guy is dodgy, drug dealer or financing terrorism, you'd now be subjected to a rigorous forensic audit having paid him before. Even though, you'd be exonerated, you would have to prove your non relationship with the person over and over. A mischievous one could even say you're one of their drug customers.

I understand this point, AML/CFT is a big deal. Butkeep your communication history, that's enough to keep you sorted.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 12:57pm On Feb 25
No, you have failed to produce any proof that she aided IS by sewing suicide vests. That would have been an actual crime.

So far only you and the daily mail are making this claim. Regretfully , that does not constitute evidence.

- in case anyone is wondering about "head in bins" , she did say she was unmoved by seeing a severed head in a bin. Not nice to say but coming from a radicalised victim ,certainly not worthy of banishment

- I have since learned that there has been another case like this in the intervening period. The child in that case was rightly treated as a victim and recieved the help she needed.

Guess the race of the second victim?

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (539) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: kwakudtraveller(m), Lexusgs430, Zahra29 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.