Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,271 members, 7,815,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (464405 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (536) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 12:58pm On Feb 25
Phenmeson:

Sorry to say some kids need proper factory reset. The training some parents giv their kids are out of it.
I dey do my work jejely today, na so a black guy over 20yrs buy child ticket and waka with is white babe.
Next thing he tells me say me African guy & black c**t say mak I go back to my country.
I question am say which colour he be,he say he no b black.
Wen my supervisor comes,na so dis same guy switched topic say na me dey racist to am.
Just imagine if 15yr old girl save money,fly out of the country, join the group.
Now she won waka back come UK after all the atrocity.may be she think say she & the prodigal son na the same.
If they giv her the citizenship,it will motivate others to join other groups.
Regardless of ethnicity, religion,gender mak people shun terrorism.

I suspect Hesley or Cygnet. Elysium don't have those kind of users.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 1:03pm On Feb 25
The Telegraph is not a credible source as you may be suspecting from reading their racist posts.

hustla:

"According to the Sunday Telegraph, the 19-year-old played an active role in the organisation’s reign of terror and was allowed to carry a Kalashnikov rifle, earning herself a reputation as a strict “enforcer” of laws, such as dress code.

Allegations also emerged today that Ms Begum had been witnessed preparing suicide vests for would-be bombers"

See her face like mashed potatoes wey them no do well. They should dash someone with sense the passport abeg

grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:45pm On Feb 25
ehizario2012:

Why couldn't you just use another example? I would successfully resist the temptation to respond the way I want to.

Happy Sunday all.

cheesy

Why would I want to use another example?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:46pm On Feb 25
missjekyll:
The Telegraph is not a credible source as you may be suspecting from reading their racist posts.

Okay o

Anyways, I hope she's not allowed to the UK

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 4:18pm On Feb 25
missjekyll:

It’s difficult to have a debate with someone who refuses to have a 360 degree look issues.
Someone whose ultimate source of truth is the Guardian. Anything not reported by the guardian is not ‘credible’.

SMH

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 4:25pm On Feb 25
missjekyll:
No, you have failed to produce any proof that she aided IS by sewing suicide vests. That would have been an actual crime.

So far only you and the daily mail are making this claim. Regretfully , that does not constitute evidence.

- in case anyone is wondering about "head in bins" , she did say she was unmoved by seeing a severed head in a bin. Not nice to say but coming from a radicalised victim ,certainly not worthy of banishment

- I have since learned that there has been another case like this in the intervening period. The child in that case was rightly treated as a victim and recieved the help she needed.

Guess the race of the second victim?

There she goes… again.
Pulling the race card in support of a little terrorist. You have since learned… hearsay!

Who else (on this thread) has noticed MissJekyll’s loud silence about the crime, and RACE of the 15 year old killers of Brianna Ghey?

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tier4Dependant: 4:35pm On Feb 25
Lexusgs430:
A note of warning regarding vehicle insurance....... Those searching for much cheaper policies, some ghost brokers have appeared on the insurance scene.........

You think you're covered, but you have simply been scammed....... If the police shines their blue light on your tail........ You would be treated as an uninsured driver, vehicle would be seized and you would have to explain yourself to the magistrates......... 😉🤣

They should be able to check on the askMID website if they are actually insured.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by crossbonehelped: 5:00pm On Feb 25
Evening house.
Just want to ask if anyone has ever sent a box containing clothes from Europe (Berlin) to England. Do I have to declare the value of the clothes and do customs really go through boxes.
Cos I’m just not decided if I should send it through delivery services and if anyone knows any reliable and good baggage delivery services or any advice at all
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by KOVIC19COVID20: 5:59pm On Feb 25
wallg123:

The animals must be slaughtered by hand, not by machine. Once killed, all blood must be completely drained off since consuming fresh blood isn't permissible. The certification for halal meat might be a bit strict, even when it comes to fish. Farm-raised fish isn't considered halal.

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 6:28pm On Feb 25
A new immigration salary list has been recommended to replace the shortage occupation list in April. There are 21 occupations on the new list, many roles will be demised from the current shortage list, such as all IT and engineering jobs.

The list of recommend roles includes (among others):
biological and chemical scientists;
social and humanities scientists;
artists; dancers, choreographers and musicians; carpenters and joiners; care workers and home carers; laboratory technicians and pharmaceutical technicians; and bricklayers, masons and boat builders.

Full list here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/rapid-review-of-the-immigration-salary-list/rapid-review-of-the-immigration-salary-list-accessible

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:08pm On Feb 25
Tier4Dependant:

They should be able to check on the askMID website if they are actually insured.

You would have to pay, before details are uploaded to askmid......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:59pm On Feb 25
Zahra29:

The list of recommend roles includes (among others):
biological and chemical scientists;
social and humanities scientists;
artists; dancers, choreographers and musicians; carpenters and joiners; care workers and home carers; laboratory technicians and pharmaceutical technicians; and bricklayers, masons and boat builders.

Full list here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/rapid-review-of-the-immigration-salary-list/rapid-review-of-the-immigration-salary-list-accessible

LOL Nawa!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 10:18pm On Feb 25
rollykotex:
Hi everyone, it’s really been a while I posted. Though i read the posts and all. I am excited to share the news that we just bought a HOUSE. Asiinnnnnnn Home owner in the United Kingdom. It’s a dream come through and I’m super excited we’re living our best lives.
We moved to the UK in October 2021, I was the student with my husband and two kids as my dependents. We were determined and prepared for the worst that comes with relocation but as God would have it, it wasn’t as bad as we thought. I didn’t work in our first year as I had to take care of the kids and school. My husband alone foot all the bills and paid my school fees. I got a job immediately after school in October 2022, it was without sponsorship so my husband got the HCA sponsorship. We planned to save at least £2,000 a month in the beginning of January 2023 towards getting our own house and we were able to save that and more. By December 2023, we already had enough money for deposit. The whole housing process started on the 4th of January 2024 and here we are today, we got the key last week.
I’m glad we are in a country where you can have both short and long term plan and it will materialise, where we don’t need to have godfathers or know anyone to succeed and where hard work is heavily rewarded.
I am so proud of myself and my husband for the effort we have put in to see this materialise and super grateful to God that gives all beautiful things.
In case you may want to ask, we live in Wales, Swansea to be precise, we bought a three bedroom semidetached, 2 toilet and a bath, beautiful garden, the total cost is 26,750 which include 10% deposit, level3 survey, legal, search. Financed by Barclays.
We didn’t use a mortgage advisor, my husband and I got the lender ourselves. We read and did so many research and it saved us about £800 for mortgage advisor.
Our house is EpC B, council tax band B no ground rent and it’s freehold. We wanted a low cost maintenance and we got it. Our survey result was excellent and the house is super gorgeous . We did a 20 year mortgage plan our repayment is a little above £1,000 which include our house insurance cost and income protection cost as well.
Thank you for reading my long post.

26k is a steal. How we go buy house for London like this 🙆‍♂️. Congratulations
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 10:39pm On Feb 25
I am starting a new business that require online payment. I want to incorporate payment gateway into the online platform and mobile app. Most of the payment providers I have contacted have said they don't offer services to new or existing business with less than certain annual turnovers.

Does anyone know of any payment providers that accepts new businesses?

Attached is a response from one of those I have reached out to

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 11:26pm On Feb 25
Viruses:
I am starting a new business that require online payment. I want to incorporate payment gateway into the online platform and mobile app. Most of the payment providers I have contacted have said they don't offer services to new or existing business with less than certain annual turnovers.

Does anyone know of any payment providers that accepts new businesses?

Attached is a response from one of those I have reached out to

PayPal is your best bet. I know Stripe is too full of themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 11:37pm On Feb 25
@Viruses. Have you tried Sumup? Most of my smaller clients use this for online payment but charges are a bit steep.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 11:46pm On Feb 25
wonlasewonimi:

PayPal is your best bet. I know Stripe is too full of themselves.

I wanted direct payment method (not third party) like card payment or bank transfer. I really like the way truelayer does their bank transfer.

I may start considering third party now.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 11:46pm On Feb 25
Peerielass:
@Viruses. Have you tried Sumup? Most of my smaller clients use this for online payment but charges are a bit steep.

I haven't. I will go through their documentation tomorrow and consider it. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Awamade: 11:56pm On Feb 25
ATTENTION EVERYONE 🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Please, I need 1 bedroom for a male around south wimbledon or somewhere close to this postcode SW19. I will be landing on 28th February.

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!!!

Abeg ooooo , e dakun, e joor
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 2:54am On Feb 26
Viruses:

I wanted direct payment method (not third party) like card payment or bank transfer. I really like the way truelayer does their bank transfer.

I may start considering third party now.

If you dont use a third party, you'd probably be in scope of PCIDSS if your app is handling card holder info.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by adekzy: 3:55am On Feb 26
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Favor99(m): 4:35am On Feb 26
Phenmeson:

Sorry to say some kids need proper factory reset. The training some parents giv their kids are out of it.
I dey do my work jejely today, na so a black guy over 20yrs buy child ticket and waka with is white babe.
Next thing he tells me say me African guy & black c**t say mak I go back to my country.
I question am say which colour he be,he say he no b black.
Wen my supervisor comes,na so dis same guy switched topic say na me dey racist to am.
Just imagine if 15yr old girl save money,fly out of the country, join the group.
Now she won waka back come UK after all the atrocity.may be she think say she & the prodigal son na the same.
If they giv her the citizenship,it will motivate others to join other groups.
Regardless of ethnicity, religion,gender mak people shun terrorism.

This rude African guy you’re talking about: Did you say his mother is white? So he is biracial?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Favor99(m): 4:39am On Feb 26
Gerrard59:

Terrible! Terrible!! Terrible!!!

I am curious, did he just label you a c*nt for no reason at all? What initiated the slur?

OTOH, I find it hilarious when blacks who are naturalised citizens of European countries label those from Africa with slurs. Except for African Americans, the rest of blacks outside in the developed world went willingly as migrants. I can understand "go back to your country" from an African American, not a descendant of black Africa. Person wey him papa enter the country just after the World War.

Another reason why I no dey take all this black solidarity movements seriously. But I grab the benefits tho grin

Sha, the good thing is, unlike the US, native Europeans will put such people into their rightful place. No be humans dem be? Humans are tribal. grin grin
How often do Africans abroad say this, na? The rude African in question is biracial. He is half white, half African. People with white or Black American mothers often don’t view themselves as African.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by adekzy: 5:01am On Feb 26
jedisco:

Hehe.. well said

Even here we were reminded how 'the quality of care' might drop by letting in Africans via the care route or better put those who do not have passion for care but rather want to emigrate. Like anyone wakes up and has a passion to wipe another and be insulted while at it.

You are absolutely right... some self acclaimed "gate keeper" of the Kingdom also claimed that Health Care Assistant is a "back door" or an "easy way out" to remain after studies.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Gerrard59(m): 5:06am On Feb 26
Favor99:

How often do Africans abroad say this, na? The rude African in question is biracial. He is half white, half African. People with white or Black American mothers often don’t view themselves as African.

In the initial post, I didn't see where it was stated that the lad is biracial. If biracial, then the case is different. Most times, biracial folks marry a member of the dominant race, not the minority race.

As for your first statement, I cannot say as there is no data. But I have watched a video on Twitter where a black lad in France with his white girlfriend was yelling at another black lady (obviously a new migrant) to "go back to her country". The white girl looked surprised when she heard that statement. grin

Na only African Americans I fit "understand" that statement from. Everyone else went to the developed world WILLINGLY.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:08am On Feb 26
Viruses:

I haven't. I will go through their documentation tomorrow and consider it. Thank you.

Sums it all up...... 🤣

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 7:31am On Feb 26
Phenmeson:

Sorry to digress, are you 100% sure that the person is not under 16 years old? Without an id, there’s no way to prove his age. The kids here look a lot more mature than their age. My 12 yr old daughter looks about 15.

I was also on the train recently from Glasgow to Inverness and these two 13 yrs olds were made to purchase adult tickets costing nearly £100 by the ticketing officer on the train. They told the woman several times that they were kids but she wouldn’t budge. Later, I overheard them complaining to their mum on the phone. They also complained to the next ticketing officer that came onboard the train, and he advised them to apply for a refund online with copies of their tickets and id. Most times when it comes to age, people don’t always get it right.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kumbhuru: 8:21am On Feb 26
ehizario2012:

Ra***sm, tri****sm or serious discrimination is not limited to the whites alone please. It's something deep rooted in every human being, whether we like it or not. But we must make conscious efforts to water them down. For someone like me, I can't deny that I harbour serious resentment against those LG***Q nonsense as I still see them as sick people and that's classed as discrimination or even ra***sm in a way. But I've learnt to let them live their life while I live mine, we work together, eat together etc but they remain sick to me.
I wish I could report you to your place of work
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 10:03am On Feb 26
kumbhuru:

I wish I could report you to your place of work

You somehow failed to see where the poster said they believe in the principle of Live-and-let-live.

You report them to their employer.
They get sacked.
They lose their source of livelihood.
Their children and dependants suffer.
They can’t use send small chop money to Baba & Mama back in Naija.
They can’t send small school fees for aburo in Naija.

WHAT DO YOU GAIN? NOTHING!

Rather, use your knowledge and superior argument to ‘enlighten’ them about LGBTQIA+++ issues and why it’s not a ‘sickness’.

Win-Win for everyone.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by makazona(m): 10:26am On Feb 26
justwise:

This country tolerate a lot from certain people. Her parents are still living here happily but the blood hungry little rat traveled to kill innocent souls. Strangely some expect the govt to welcome her back.

This is just the good part of rule of law.

If it was in Nigeria, nobody would even know when she returns. And because she is from a particular part of the country and religion, she would be untouchable.

But here, the rules apply to everyone. Well, almost everyone (no perfection anywhere).
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Santa2: 10:46am On Feb 26
ReesheesuKnack:

My only issue with CeX is their exploitative tendencies.
CeX will buy an iPhone for £100 from a customer, and sell same for £250.
I would still prefer Facebook marketplace (with eyes wide open and only pay after I have collected and tested the item, never ever ever bank transfer). Or eBay.

Bought A Note 10+ almost three years ago from FB market place, Still enjoying it till date. Seller even brought it over very close to mine. If you shine you eyes well on FB, you will dig up good deals

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 11:26am On Feb 26
hustla:

cheesy

Why would I want to use another example?

E be like your bolt don loose.

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (536) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Bb007, OlaLiberty(m), Lexusgs430, Madeu(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.