Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (464464 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (536) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2023
AirBay:

What about the other holy book? Are the no sexual explicit content there?

Possibly there are but that is beside the point.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 5:26pm On Jun 19, 2023
justwise:

11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity (Deuteronomy 25:11-12)

“When she carried on her whoring so openly and flaunted her unclothedness, I turned in disgust from her, as I had turned in disgust from her sister. Yet she increased her whoring, remembering the days of her youth, when she played the LovePeddler in the land of Egypt and lusted after her lovers there, whose members were like those of donkeys, and whose issue was like that of horses. Thus you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when the Egyptians handled your bosom and pressed your young breasts.” (Ezekiel 23:18-21)

I can go on and on...
One thing with people that don't like Christianity is that they spread the word faster.

Please go on and on.

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AKALAMAGBO: 5:27pm On Jun 19, 2023
So you mean this “when the Egyptians handled your bosom and pressed your young breasts.” is not explicit enough for young children PRESSED YOUR YOUNG BREAST 😁😁
Owoado:
lol....these are the sexually explicit contents you were referring to?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chreze(m): 6:14pm On Jun 19, 2023
TouchOfSpice:
Hello my Seniors in the House .

Please I need your opinion again.

Please do you guys know of any legit/smart savings /investment plan in the UK that will yield good returns/interest.

I would prefer investment/savings whose tenure/maturity would not be more than 1 year. Then I can Renew again.

I intend to try the ground with about 1000-1500 pounds monthly .

I hear ISA is a long term investment of about 5 years+. Too long for me. (I might be wrong).

Secondly, I booked for my passport renewal last week, (Passport expires January)

I was given appointment date of September 4.... I have printed out payment and appointment slip.

But last night I got a reversal for the fee from innovate .

Please can you advise on what to do.

Thank you .

If you are open to other options (Nigeria)

You can buy the FGN Savings Bond. You can buy from most banks I believe.

====== Info =====
Interest Payment: Payable quarterly

Redemption : Bullet repayment on the maturity date

Effective yield :
2yrs - 10.706%
3yrs - 11.789%

========

This is government bond so you are guaranteed of your returns and capital at the end. Quite short. Exchange rate is good now. You can change now. Also you can be keeping your pounds for whenever the rate goes up and just throw it in.

Anything federal government bond is guaranteed. No story. Atleast from my knowledge for so many years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AKALAMAGBO: 6:25pm On Jun 19, 2023
Coming from someone with ANYHOW moniker… Rest In Peace
SayNo2SmallPrik:

Guy, rest.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Adunnishugar(f): 7:41pm On Jun 19, 2023
Evagreenfields:
Hi, I went for my biometric appointment on Apr 4,
indicative collection date was Jun 1,
Passport delivered and received Jun 14

thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dustydee: 7:57pm On Jun 19, 2023
justwise:

11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity (Deuteronomy 25:11-12)

“When she carried on her whoring so openly and flaunted her unclothedness, I turned in disgust from her, as I had turned in disgust from her sister. Yet she increased her whoring, remembering the days of her youth, when she played the LovePeddler in the land of Egypt and lusted after her lovers there, whose members were like those of donkeys, and whose issue was like that of horses. Thus you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when the Egyptians handled your bosom and pressed your young breasts.” (Ezekiel 23:18-21)

I can go on and on...
Wow, thanks. But don't think this is worse than teaching kids how to pleasure themselves and how to perform such acts on each other. But agree that sometimes we are too alarmist.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 8:05pm On Jun 19, 2023
Viruses:

One thing with people that don't like Christianity is that they spread the word faster.

Please go on and on.

I'm a Christian

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by humblemoi: 8:23pm On Jun 19, 2023
Akorkor:

for email visa schedule appointment: info.ukgr@gvc24assist.eu / london.gr@gvc24assist.eu

For visa application: https://www.gvcworld.eu/

I have come back once again to thank you for the plug.

Here's my timeline;

- Sent an email to both addresses on the 30th of May
- Got a response 3hrs later giving me an appointment for the 2nd of June. (Email was from London.gr@gvc24assist.eu) the other one is quite generic and even asked me to go through the website even though it isn't functioning properly.
- Put together an application with documents downloaded from the website within 2 days: https://uk-gr.gvcworld.eu/en/schedule-appointment
- Attended appointment on the 2nd of June. I was told I needed to pay in full for the trip and not just making a deposit payment. Completed the biometric appointment.
- Visa delivered on 16th of June.

Observation
- Appointment time given is what anyone should aim for.. i got there for 9am and appointment was 10:15. People who got there 9:30am were allowed straight in while I was made to wait for my time.
- I was told the visa would not be issued unless the payment for the holiday was made in full soonest and this was because I made a deposit payment. Email to the embassy was given to me and I was told to send it in a certain format.
- You can also apply up to 6 months ahead, they acknowledged they are very busy and encourage travellers to plan ahead.

Wishing prospective applicants the best.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BuildingProject: 8:23pm On Jun 19, 2023
rinzylee:

Baba eeh...no date in Londonor Manchester o. Is there any hack to getting dates o... I can't go to Cardiff all the way from England 😔. Is there a time of the day that is most effective for sieving slots?

Keep trying, VFS website is total crap, even if you see dates, it takes time before you can book it. Try incognito mode.
I still saw some over the weekend. Would let you know once the appt are up again.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 19, 2023
The whole 'but what of the Bible' is an absurd straw man argument in light of the crazy sexualisation of young children that is going on unchecked.

Firstly, religious education is not compulsory, while relationships and sex education (the science part) is compulsory and you cannot ask for your child to be spared adults talking to them about how to insert intimacy gadgets and whatnot.

There have been so many cases in recent times and each one is enough to make any reasonable person alarmed but what is even more concerning is that parents are often not even allowed to see what their children are being taught. Shebi with the Bible at least you know what Is there and can explain context or even counter certain lessons at home if you want -

See: https://www.localgovernmentlawyer.co.uk/education-law/394-education-news/54164-school-not-required-to-disclose-sex-education-information-to-parents-tribunal-rules

How do people know whether to be alarmed when they can't even see what their children are being taught? That level of state-mandated outsourcing of parental duties to random people who just happen to be employed as teachers should scare anyone. If it doesn't, then it's certainly you who are the exception.

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 8:26pm On Jun 19, 2023
dustydee:

Wow, thanks. But don't think this is worse than teaching kids how to pleasure themselves and how to perform such acts on each other. But agree that sometimes we are too alarmist.

Sex education is important as long as they deliver it responsibly in a control environment if kids are not educated they will learn it elsewhere anyway from friends and people who are not professionals.

Parents as well have major responsibilities here to help guid as they grow .
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 8:28pm On Jun 19, 2023
justwise:

I'm a Christian
Read my comment again.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 8:31pm On Jun 19, 2023
BuildingProject:

Keep trying, VFS website is total crap, even if you see dates, it takes time before you can book it. Try incognito mode.
I still saw some over the weekend. Would let you know once the appt are up again.

Thanks boss
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Keji3: 9:57pm On Jun 19, 2023
mizGene:

I guess so... You can only do Dropbox in the country you had previous visa issued in.
I’m sorry this is wrong info, you can do your dropbox here. My family friend got hers done here in March and it was granted, her first American visa was in given in Nigeria.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mizGene(f): 10:07pm On Jun 19, 2023
Keji3:
I’m sorry this is wrong info, you can do your dropbox here. My family friend got hers done here in March and it was granted, her first American visa was in given in Nigeria.
For B1/B2? Interesting.. I was deemed ineligible for that reason when I tried back in Feb.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by giselle237: 10:11pm On Jun 19, 2023
profemebee:
arghh.. what happens if former employers don't send support letters ?
will employment letters from previous employer suffice?
u need to get this letter. You just simply ask your past employers pls.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 12:21am On Jun 20, 2023
this will be hard for people who left any previous employer in an unhappy way..

thanks for letting us know.. especially those who have changed jobs multiple times.

giselle237:
u need to get this letter. You just simply ask your past employers pls.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 4:39am On Jun 20, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Newbie123: 5:19am On Jun 20, 2023
Newbie123:
Guys ..quick one

Let's say you sustain an injury to the chest at work leading to you being admitted, can you "claim" anything?

The injury was sustained while rushing to help a patient but due to a faulty automatic door not opening, injury was sustained .

Incident has been officially reported and in the response, it was stated that the faulty door has been reported.

The one that's paining me is my shift for the day wasn't approved completely and I now have to call and call and fight for sick pay

Please help...I need advise
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Treadway: 6:56am On Jun 20, 2023
koonbey:
The whole 'but what of the Bible' is an absurd straw man argument in light of the crazy sexualisation of young children that is going on unchecked.

Firstly, religious education is not compulsory, while relationships and sex education (the science part) is compulsory and you cannot ask for your child to be spared adults talking to them about how to insert intimacy gadgets and whatnot.

There have been so many cases in recent times and each one is enough to make any reasonable person alarmed but what is even more concerning is that parents are often not even allowed to see what their children are being taught. Shebi with the Bible at least you know what Is there and can explain context or even counter certain lessons at home if you want -

See: https://www.localgovernmentlawyer.co.uk/education-law/394-education-news/54164-school-not-required-to-disclose-sex-education-information-to-parents-tribunal-rules

How do people know whether to be alarmed when they can't even see what their children are being taught? That level of state-mandated outsourcing of parental duties to random people who just happen to be employed as teachers should scare anyone. If it doesn't, then it's certainly you who are the exception.
simple as ABC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 8:22am On Jun 20, 2023
Lexusgs430:
Want a schengen visa..........

This countries would show you shege........... 🤣😂

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/schengen-countries-accused-of-mercilessly-refusing-schengen-visas-with-france-spain-accounting-for-half-of-rejections-in-2022/

Make I jeje use Lithuania or Belgium as port of entry.

What do you think? I have a conference 1-4 of September.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:37am On Jun 20, 2023
Now some children in the UK, after the LGBT brainwashing lectures........

Are now deciding to identify as animals.........

Gburu ti wa fa igboo bayi ọ ...........😜😭😂

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 9:39am On Jun 20, 2023
Chreze:

If you are open to other options (Nigeria)

You can buy the FGN Savings Bond. You can buy from most banks I believe.

====== Info =====
Interest Payment: Payable quarterly

Redemption : Bullet repayment on the maturity date

Effective yield :
2yrs - 10.706%
3yrs - 11.789%

========

This is government bond so you are guaranteed of your returns and capital at the end. Quite short. Exchange rate is good now. You can change now. Also you can be keeping your pounds for whenever the rate goes up and just throw it in.

Anything federal government bond is guaranteed. No story. Atleast from my knowledge for so many years.

I have been thinking about doing this but i got limited knowledge, my question is..can i do this without traveling to Nigeria?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Treadway: 9:55am On Jun 20, 2023
Lexusgs430:
Now some children in the UK, after the LGBT brainwashing lectures........

Are now deciding to identify as animals.........

Gburu ti wa fa igboo bayi ọ ...........😜😭😂
Baba you be alarmist ooo...lol

Awon alamesiegha🤣🤣🤣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Owoado(m): 10:02am On Jun 20, 2023
justwise:

I have been thinking about doing this but i got limited knowledge, my question is..can i do this without traveling to Nigeria?
You don't need to travel back to Nigeria to subscribe. The June 2023 offer has closed by the way.

You can buy via your Nigerian bank or Investment House.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 10:06am On Jun 20, 2023
Owoado:
You don't need to travel back to Nigeria to subscribe. The June 2023 offer has closed by the way.

You can buy via your Nigerian bank or Investment House.

Ok so the offer opens monthly ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:10am On Jun 20, 2023
Treadway:
Baba you be alarmist ooo...lol

Awon alamesiegha🤣🤣🤣

Read the story in the telegraph........ Today's copy .......

Alarmists ke.....😭😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:12am On Jun 20, 2023
justwise:

Why crappy FG bonds....... When a branch account, would pay you 15 - 20% weekly........😭😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Akorkor(f): 10:19am On Jun 20, 2023
humblemoi:

I have come back once again to thank you for the plug.

Here's my timeline;

- Sent an email to both addresses on the 30th of May
- Got a response 3hrs later giving me an appointment for the 2nd of June. (Email was from London.gr@gvc24assist.eu) the other one is quite generic and even asked me to go through the website even though it isn't functioning properly.
- Put together an application with documents downloaded from the website within 2 days: https://uk-gr.gvcworld.eu/en/schedule-appointment
- Attended appointment on the 2nd of June. I was told I needed to pay in full for the trip and not just making a deposit payment. Completed the biometric appointment.
- Visa delivered on 16th of June.

Observation
-

Wishing prospective applicants the best.

I am glad it worked out. Enjoy your vacation grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (536) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: idee91, OfferAccepted and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.