Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,027 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (459939 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hayesconcept(m): 5:31pm On Jul 01, 2023
Start working now even if na ikebe wiping job. Experience dey count dey go
lavida001:
Where person go see all this many years experience wey recruiters dey ask for ?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dupyshoo: 7:31pm On Jul 01, 2023
Do you seek for feedback? It will help to identify what you are doing wrong. Used to be on interview panels for 2 govt depts. So, might be able to help.
Schoolhike:
In addition, I would like to know how to scale through civil service interview executive office (eo role ). Already have 3 interviews and I would like to figure out what could be wrong in my approach.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Damasly: 7:40pm On Jul 01, 2023
I got an invite for a test and it was specifically stated to be excel and word.
moshuur:

sorry boss...is excel and Word d only/major skill needed for that role?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by aragbaboy: 7:49pm On Jul 01, 2023
tobbyoladejo:

Please, is this refund automatic? I'm asking because I switched from student visa with about 9 months left, and I haven't received any refund after almost three months of switching. Can you assist with the number you called please?

You are entitled to your full refund as far as you can continue to show your payslips every 6 months
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mex551(m): 8:05pm On Jul 01, 2023
Schoolhike:
In addition, I would like to know how to scale through civil service interview executive office (eo role ). Already have 3 interviews and I would like to figure out what could be wrong in my approach.
send me a DM. Might. be able to help you with guides to the Civil Service Interview

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 01, 2023
tobbyoladejo:

Please, is this refund automatic? I'm asking because I switched from student visa with about 9 months left, and I haven't received any refund after almost three months of switching. Can you assist with the number you called please?

0300 790 6268

It's one of those listed on the website. There are others too.

You should call them. From what I understand based on that call and what people have said here, you should be entitled to a refund of 6 months.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by moshuur(m): 8:18pm On Jul 01, 2023
Damasly:
I got an invite for a test and it was specifically stated to be excel and word.
omoh...make I take my excel lesson serious be that ooo.
Best of luck..boss
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tier4Dependant: 8:48pm On Jul 01, 2023
zeezeepearl:
How long does it take for the employer to assign one a COS after you might have accepted a job offer?

If they have available CoS allocation, they should assign to you immediately.

But if they have used up their annual allocation, it could take up to 18 weeks for home office to grant their request for additional allocation.

Except they apply for priority at Β£200 which is not sure that they might get approved.

Home office approves only 60 priority requests in a day and they get up to 200 requests daily. If the priority request is not successful, they try the next day and that’s how it goes on and on. Most employers give up and just stay hopeful the CoS lands before 18weeks.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dentalux: 10:29pm On Jul 01, 2023
Newbie123:

I don't know how far you're willing to take the matter especially if they are sponsoring you. Don't know if this would affect anything as clearly, this is not Nigeria but I believe politics and witch hunting still exists within some places.

You might want to send them an official mail stating everything that has occured. Tell them you will be forced to seek legal advice if the issue is not resolved and state a time frame.

If by the end of the time fram, nothing happens, contact ACAS (just Google them). Make sure this all happens within 3 months though.

My 2cents
they are not sponsoring me. Just the normal work people do.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dentalux: 10:31pm On Jul 01, 2023
Lexusgs430:

STOP verbally requesting........ Send a formal letter of request, chronologically highlighting all issues, and request a timeline of response..........

Simply watch and wait....... E go drop........ πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Oga o grin. I will update u. I intend to send the mail by Tuesday. Let me see what they will use monday to do. Thanks boss.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:06pm On Jul 01, 2023
dentalux:

Oga o grin. I will update u. I intend to send the mail by Tuesday. Let me see what they will use monday to do. Thanks boss.

We dey await positive feedback..........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dentalux: 11:43pm On Jul 01, 2023
Lexusgs430:

We dey await positive feedback..........

Amen in Jesus name.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 12:39am On Jul 02, 2023
zeezeepearl:
Thanks Koonbey,

My manager got back to me yesterday with an invite for my ID documents verification on Teams call to complete my Access NI check. Also my HR hinted that they are still awaiting for outcome of my sponsorship to be completed before they can look for a start date for me. I dont know why the COS delay, is it anything to be worried about?

Congratulations
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Shanid(m): 3:25am On Jul 02, 2023
Lexusgs430:

You truly know, you don't want to.......😭

Either have an account for household bills or individual pays their allocated portion of bills...........

What works for one, might not work for the other........... When you have a joint account and Amazon is dropping 2 deliveries everyday........ You would start getting moist all over........... πŸ€£πŸ€‘πŸ˜‚

Thank you sir
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lukasa: 7:05am On Jul 02, 2023
My job offer requires driving and my driving skills is not too sharp how do I tell that to my employers.Care work tho.Please I need suggestions.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:03am On Jul 02, 2023
lukasa:
My job offer requires driving and my driving skills is not too sharp how do I tell that to my employers.Care work tho.Please I need suggestions.

Simply tell them you don't have a driving licence.............
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lukasa: 9:08am On Jul 02, 2023
I already submitted a license but my skills are not sharp enough.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 9:29am On Jul 02, 2023
What category of license did you submit and why do you think your skills are not sharp enough? Perhaps you should share this reason with them to see how they can mitigate it with you.

lukasa:
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lukasa: 9:36am On Jul 02, 2023
I submitted the normal Nigerian drivers license,I haven't handled a ride for some time after I.left driving school
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 9:52am On Jul 02, 2023
lukasa:
I submitted the normal Nigerian drivers license,I haven't handled a ride for some time after I.left driving school

Simply put, you don't know how to drive.

Look for a driving tutor that can take you on a crash course, you can get one from Acclaim Driving School or anywhere around you or even FB.

If you are not able to meet up before resumption, simply tell your employer you need to take driving lessons in UK before putting a car on the road.

They may have an alternative like electric bike.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:16am On Jul 02, 2023
lukasa:

That license was produced at oluwole......... The rubber don meet road...... No more hiding under the oluwole banner.........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lukasa: 10:18am On Jul 02, 2023
@lexus it's original license.Not a fake one.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:30am On Jul 02, 2023
lukasa:
@lexus it's original license.Not a fake one.

You got the license by doing proper instructor lead driving lessons and a driving practical test...........🀣😜

Driving a car, is like riding a bike........ Once you know how to, it never departs..... πŸ˜œπŸ˜‚

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lukasa: 11:39am On Jul 02, 2023
Ok!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:01pm On Jul 02, 2023
Parent's teach/guide your children right .........

This boy had an incident with my son, some years ago (primary school).......... Caused injury to my son ......

Primary school refused to deal with it appropriately......... So I leave am for God ........

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/unmasked-the-snapchat-sex-monster-who-groomed-nine-girls-289283/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LagosismyHome(f): 12:12pm On Jul 02, 2023
lukasa:

Are you still in Nigeria. If yes then spend money and go for more driving lessons
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:50pm On Jul 02, 2023
LagosismyHome:

Are you still in Nigeria. If yes then spend money and go for more driving lessons

Madam you never talk this matter finish o.......... 🀣😜

After more lessons in Nigeria, arrive UK then enter M25......... πŸ˜­πŸ€‘

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 1:01pm On Jul 02, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy ....you didn't ask if it was the FRSC National Driver's License sef grin

Lexusgs430:

That license was produced at oluwole......... The rubber don meet road...... No more hiding under the oluwole banner.........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ukay2: 1:03pm On Jul 02, 2023
Lexusgs430:

This boy had an incident with my son, some years ago (primary school).......... Caused injury to my son ......

Primary school refused to deal with it appropriately......... So I leave am for God ........

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/unmasked-the-snapchat-sex-monster-who-groomed-nine-girls-289283/

It's good he has been sentenced to jail....foolish boy that doesn't want to be useful to himself.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ukay2: 1:05pm On Jul 02, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Not advised oo

He needs UK driving instructor to help him learn and get licence too
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LagosismyHome(f): 1:23pm On Jul 02, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Many of these new carer are doing it ....

Scary but I guess when there is a will there is a way but I keep praying that nobody has an accident and then kills an innocent person.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LagosismyHome(f): 1:33pm On Jul 02, 2023
Lexusgs430:

You be surprised at how his parents might have guided him but only him carry him leg to where nobody know

Parenting is the grace of God is what I am realising. I keep talking to my kids but you see one or two thing you be like ahhhh. After all the talk and guidance . It all the Grace of God

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (531) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: deept(m), NewT123, Borrow222

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.