Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,466 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (462992 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (534) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 6:03pm On Jul 07, 2023
I'm tired of these headless arguments .

If we are tired of UK, then leave to another country.

No one forced anybody to come here.

The day you took that visa, you signed up for any "shit".

We can cry and moan, it is their country.

If we had it better... ..... .... 1 pound won't be 995 naira today.

Find your dream and purpose and give it the best of chasing.

Abeg @justwise @Ticha @Hustla @Lexusgs430 ... my credit card landed last week with £3k limit. Fear dey catch me to use the card. Abeg should I be worried

14 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hyzich(m): 6:31pm On Jul 07, 2023
Goke7:

you also got to be careful with this stat, not all white British are British by origin, so many were immigrants who became British by citizenship.

It's really funny when people say brits are lazy! These guys are not lazy but due to the fact that they have large older people and most of the youths now prefer to learn trade because it pays more and less stressful hence, the shortage that led to opportunities for us. The same brits work in tesco, care home, factories and other menial jobs. Brits are not lazy but rather the limited human resources they've got have found blue collar jobs more paying and the few in white collar jobs are not enough. Atleast the few white brits around me ain't lazy.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 6:33pm On Jul 07, 2023
Peerielass:

Some of the Brits I know started working and paying taxes at 16. Majority of them retire at 55 because they have built up a huge pension pot by then. I also don’t know any 28 year old Brit who is not in an established career and already settled both job wise and family wise, irrespective of whether it’s blue collar or professional jobs.

We should be careful when we are making generalisations here.

Again, the question is simple: how much exactly has the average 28 year old Brit + parents contributed in comparison to $45 trillion India alone contributed and millions of their kin that had to die to support the British economy. Moreso in addition to the many who still support the NHS?

There are no generalisations there.

Regarding your second point, the average pension pot at retirement is public knowledge. The number of people who are off work for long-term sickness is public knowledge. Alot of people here deal with benefit claims e.t.c. you need to look around. It's not ghosts on the council housing list.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 07, 2023
Are you people even listening to yourselves?

Colonialism is your answer to a point that £600 for a year of NHS access is not extortionate like some are painting it to be?

Lmao na wah. Logic has finally died on this thread. 🤣

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 6:46pm On Jul 07, 2023
rinzylee:

Abeg @justwise @Ticha @Hustla @Lexusgs430 ... my credit card landed last week with £3k limit. Fear dey catch me to use the card. Abeg should I be worried

Worried kwa, even me sef no get reach 3K grin
Just spend wisely and you'll be fine

I know lots of students that got £4,500..some even £8K (not sure how they did it)
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tolzeal(m): 8:26pm On Jul 07, 2023
rinzylee:

Please which company gives that limit ?

Credit Karma ; Asking I work on improving my score to 4kGBP
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 8:26pm On Jul 07, 2023
koonbey:
Are you people even listening to yourselves?

Colonialism is your answer to a point that £600 £2700 for a year of NHS access is not extortionate like some are painting it to be?

Lmao na wah. Logic has finally died on this thread. 🤣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 8:28pm On Jul 07, 2023
rinzylee:

What are you worried about?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by yusufDeveloper: 8:55pm On Jul 07, 2023
Peerielass:

I think you should be eligible for a refund of the unused portion of your IHS on PSW. Apply and see what happens.

Regarding question 3, I would advise you go through an accountant. You would need one any way if you are going to be outside IR 35. For a small fee, most accountants/agents would allow clients to use their office as a holding address for companies house and HMRC correspondences. Alternatively you can use your home address as the registered address of your business.

Thank you for your feedback. Please, if I want to go through accountant. Can you recommend any for me? Can you please check this https://www.1stformations.co.uk/ if they have the option there. I want to assume that the accountant's duty is to help calculate the tax and file it monthly or annually and also provide business address for me.?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 9:23pm On Jul 07, 2023
Should we create another thread for "Lamentations in the Uk" or
"How Immigrants are helping the UK" or
"How UK is helping Immigrants "

You people should please na.

Or better still send each other dm and argue over email.

15 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Jcole123: 9:25pm On Jul 07, 2023
Hi guys,

Ilyods bank offered me car financing with two options Higher purchase and PCP. are there any downsides to using the higher purchase offer? I didn't qualify for a personal loan.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 9:38pm On Jul 07, 2023
Jcole123:
Hi guys,

Ilyods bank offered me car financing with two options Higher purchase and PCP. are there any downsides to using the higher purchase offer? I didn't qualify for a personal loan.

Which one is cheaper and is this for a brand new car? In my experience, PCP is often cheaper than Higher Purchase. Most higher purchase lead to ownership whereas with PCP, you can walk away after the initial lease period.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Focus99: 10:00pm On Jul 07, 2023
Where can one access WAZE the link please. Thank you

rinzylee:

I use WAZE like my life depends on it. I leave for work early so I don't have to speed to catch up. I maintain speed limits, not even 1mph above the limit. WAZE warns me of any hazard, police presence , speed cameras, approaching limit and beeps when I cross.

I just don't want any wahala here.

I am sorry about his situation, I suggest anything to avoid going to court.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:43pm On Jul 07, 2023
rinzylee:

If we are tired of UK, then leave to another country.

No one forced anybody to come here.

The day you took that visa, you signed up for any "shit".

Only £3K limit....... You dey fear...... Just spend what are comfortable to pay back (partially or fully), when due.......

Also set a direct debit mandate to cover minimum payment.........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:51pm On Jul 07, 2023
Jcole123:
Hi guys,

You need to ask yourself this questions......

- Do I really want a new car
- Would I still be pleased with my new car and still happily paying for it, when the nostalgic period is over
- How secure is my job
- Do I fully understand the difference between PCP & HP. If you haven't, get Google fired up........ 😂🤣

NB : A personal loan is still a much better way to buy a vehicle...... Shame you can't get a loan....... They really want to milk you..... 🤣😭

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:59pm On Jul 07, 2023
Focus99:
Where can one access WAZE the link please. Thank you

Check your app store........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 11:27pm On Jul 07, 2023
Jcole123:
Hi guys,

I can't tell you which option to go for, but personal loan in my opinion is the least.

Personal loan: they will give you the money to do what you want, you will use it to pay for the car and you will pay back at interest rate of about 20%.

The other two options (HP/PCP): they will pay for the car themselves and it will be delivered to you. You then pay back at interest rate of about 8%.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:14am On Jul 08, 2023
Viruses:

I can't tell you which option to go for, but personal loan in my opinion is the least.

Personal loan: they will give you the money to do what you want, you will use it to pay for the car and you will pay back at interest rate of about 20%.

The other two options (HP/PCP): they will pay for the car themselves and it will be delivered to you. You then pay back at interest rate of about 8%.

Nah loan sharks rates be that o ........😁🤑

5.6% Apr is more appropriate (with squeaky clean credit record).......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 12:22am On Jul 08, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Nah loan sharks rates be that o ........😁🤑

5.6% Apr is more appropriate (with squeaky clean credit record).......

Seriously I was about to say the same thing. Personal loans are usually cheaper than PCP and Higher Purchase deals. Loan rates will vary between 2.5% to 7.5% depending on circumstances, credit history and eligibility.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 12:44am On Jul 08, 2023
Zahra29:

Nice story...you can tell it's fiction though because if you call this a hostile environment, what would you call what the windrush gen and some others suffered circa 2012 - 2018?

Thanks for seeing the niceness init grin oya, come and pay for reading it Haha

To your question, 'that's what he does every year [always]' captures the inconsistencies, rants, yelling, policy somersaults, since the days of Windrush to May's era, and what's playing out today. Personally, I am hardly surprised with the inconsistency in UK's immigration policies. But ranting about people's presence after you granted them visas to come is just annoying.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 12:59am On Jul 08, 2023
Viruses:
Should we create another thread for "Lamentations in the Uk" or
"How Immigrants are helping the UK" or
"How UK is helping Immigrants "

You people should please na.

Or better still send each other dm and argue over email.

Haha
Life is boring without once in a while vawulence now. It may sound funny but some of us dey enjoy the debate, even sometimes learn from such.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:30am On Jul 08, 2023
A very good story to read about liability, speed and responsibility, whilst in control of a motor vehicle.......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-66121540.amp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by IvanCardozo: 2:15am On Jul 08, 2023
hustla:

Yes my Lord

US /Australia. Best to look at options before finishing school as Plan B

wink

This country don cast. Idan must possess the ability to smell rubbish before it happens. The country fit wake up tomorrow, tell us we've got just 2hours to vacate their territory. Honestly, that's how much I'm scared of the UK now. It's a timebomb.

I came here a little over 1year ago. And within that time, I've got a Greece visa, Germany (twice), America and Canada visa. I always had mind to work on plan B, cuz even sponsorship work here is difficult (except for care/support).

Bro, start working on that plan B asap.

13 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 5:43am On Jul 08, 2023
LionInZion:

Haha
Life is boring without once in a while vawulence now. It may sound funny but some of us dey enjoy the debate, even sometimes learn from such.

Exactly, very healthy debate and I like the fact that no insults and abuses, just facts and even statistics. I even love those opposing views especially, makes you see and know how others are thinking and seeing things differently from you

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 5:46am On Jul 08, 2023
IvanCardozo:

This country don cast. Idan must possess the ability to smell rubbish before it happens. The country fit wake up tomorrow, tell us we've got just 2hours to vacate their territory. Honestly, that's how much I'm scared of the UK now. It's a timebomb.

I came here a little over 1year ago. And within that time, I've got a Greece visa, Germany (twice), America and Canada visa. I always had mind to work on plan B, cuz even sponsorship work here is difficult (except for care/support).

Omo you don become United Nations citizen.

And that’s why we love this section of nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dozzynet(m): 5:57am On Jul 08, 2023
My oga, I greet you.... What's the best travel insurance to get for schenghen visa application?
@Ivancardozo @Lexusgs430
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 6:33am On Jul 08, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Only £3K limit....... You dey fear...... Just spend what are comfortable to pay back (partially or fully), when due.......

Also set a direct debit mandate to cover minimum payment.........

Bros, any Pixel 7 Pro deals? grin

Abi make we wait for 8 Pro. Looks like it'd be flat screen this time.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 6:35am On Jul 08, 2023
IvanCardozo:

Be like I go DM you cheesy

Yet to even try to apply to other countries but I don't mind that Yankee / Canada (visiting) tbh

Did you get the Greece and German visas before applying to the US/Canada? Seems you don't even have to actually visit if you have the visas
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phayie(m): 6:41am On Jul 08, 2023
I use NALA to send money home, along with 100,000 others. Join with code OLAITAN-705763 and we'll both get £10.00

https://join.iwantnala.com/OLAITAN-705763

The rate is over 1k

Please use my referral
OLAITAN-705763
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:44am On Jul 08, 2023
dozzynet:
My oga, I greet you.... What's the best travel insurance to get for schenghen visa application?
@Ivancardozo @Lexusgs430

Just get a quotation from www.moneysupermarket.com

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:45am On Jul 08, 2023
hustla:

Bros, any Pixel 7 Pro deals? grin

Abi make we wait for 8 Pro. Looks like it'd be flat screen this time.

Check ebay....... Google direct refused to cut prices........ 🤣

Or get a Samsung Fold 3 or 4......... 😂🤣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by cbn4main: 7:47am On Jul 08, 2023
Phayie:
I use NALA to send money home, along with 100,000 others. Join with code OLAITAN-705763 and we'll both get £10.00

https://join.iwantnala.com/OLAITAN-705763

The rate is over 1k

Please use my referral
OLAITAN-705763

How much does Nala charge as fees per transaction?

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (534) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Kenn55, Goodenoch, okposm, Elderss, Zahra29, Treadway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.