Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,737 members, 7,813,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (461570 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 11:50am On Jul 08, 2023
justwise:

What are you worried about?

If the money was not too much sha... e shock me small grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 11:52am On Jul 08, 2023
Tolzeal:

Please which company gives that limit ?

Credit Karma ; Asking I work on improving my score to 4kGBP

AMEX
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 11:52am On Jul 08, 2023
hustla:

Worried kwa, even me sef no get reach 3K grin
Just spend wisely and you'll be fine

I know lots of students that got £4,500..some even £8K (not sure how they did it)

Wow... see temptation
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 11:58am On Jul 08, 2023
Peerielass:

Like I said, it’s based on eligibility, credit history and personal circumstances. I get offers like that regularly from my banks. I bank with HSBC, Barclays, TSB, MBNA etc but I rarely take them up.

And I'm here forming loyalty to Lloyds and Monzo. Be like na to join the switching bandwagon like this o.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 12:01pm On Jul 08, 2023
Lexusgs430:

You are not homeless, not jobless, not hungry, not dehydrated, no ill health ......

You're very rich....... 🤣

True but then I still want some zeros in my akant grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 12:02pm On Jul 08, 2023
rinzylee:

Wow... see temptation

Err, its not free money sir grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 12:13pm On Jul 08, 2023
Viruses:

And I'm here forming loyalty to Lloyds and Monzo. Be like na to join the switching bandwagon like this o.

My own is not switching bandwagon o. I’ve had some of the accounts for over 15 years and use them for various purposes. The only one I did a switch on was TSB to HSBC due to the former’s constant IT issues. I also have starling and chase which I use for overseas travel.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 12:54pm On Jul 08, 2023
rinzylee:

If the money was not too much sha... e shock me small grin

Well... it depends on what you need it for
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 12:54pm On Jul 08, 2023
hustla:

Err, its not free money sir grin

More why its temptation nah.

😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 12:55pm On Jul 08, 2023
rinzylee:

More why its temptation nah.

😂

cheesy

run o
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 12:56pm On Jul 08, 2023
hustla:

cheesy

run o

Na grocery we go dey use am for
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:02pm On Jul 08, 2023
rinzylee:

Na grocery we go dey use am for

Bad guy grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 1:11pm On Jul 08, 2023
I don't want to switch my main account because I've had it for long.

If I open like revolut or starling or chase, how long do I have to own it before switching to banks that offer switch bonus.

Like can I open them and switch them one month later?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 1:14pm On Jul 08, 2023
hustla:

Bad guy grin

Lol...I be good guy biko grin

Maybe some emergency payment.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Owoado(m): 1:44pm On Jul 08, 2023
Viruses:
I don't want to switch my main account because I've had it for long.

If I open like revolut or starling or chase, how long do I have to own it before switching to banks that offer switch bonus.

Like can I open them and switch them one month later?
Revolut is not a bank (yet), it's not part of the switching scheme
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AirBay: 2:14pm On Jul 08, 2023
Strata1716:

No they sponsor from band 6 band
5 and it’s usually clinical roles
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 2:20pm On Jul 08, 2023
Owoado:
Revolut is not a bank (yet), it's not part of the switching scheme

Wao...how about chase and starling?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by IvanCardozo: 2:20pm On Jul 08, 2023
Goke7:

Omo you don become United Nations citizen.

And that’s why we love this section of nairaland.

My brother, a little over one year ago, if person tell me say I go get that kyne travel history in that short a while,I go say na lie😂. Funny enough, I've put all my guys on it too. I shared the update. Everybody don travel. Paris,Madrid, Rome etc. Na so we waka ooo. Outta more than 15 of us, at least like 10 don collect Yankee kpali. With Yankee kpali, it was easy to collect Canada. Information dey very important. Na only Australia we no do, cuz e far😂😂. Collect them kpalis and keep. No be crime. Afro nation of last week or so, na so all of us buy flight ticket. Visa don dey already sef. Now I see the kyne flex all these citizens of big countries have. Just buy ticket and voila,you don move.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by IvanCardozo: 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2023
hustla:

Be like I go DM you cheesy

Yet to even try to apply to other countries but I don't mind that Yankee / Canada (visiting) tbh

Did you get the Greece and German visas before applying to the US/Canada? Seems you don't even have to actually visit if you have the visas

Offcourse bro, anytime😂😂

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightnlife: 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2023
He's a personal instructor.

I got the contact online. You can just search for driving instructors in your area.

eniola1010:

Please boss i want to ask something, this driving instructor you are talking about is it personal one that you contracted to teach you before you go for the actual practical from dvla

Or this is the dvla own gan gan?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dozzynet(m): 3:39pm On Jul 08, 2023
IvanCardozo:

My brother, a little over one year ago, if person tell me say I go get that kyne travel history in that short a while,I go say na lie😂. Funny enough, I've put all my guys on it too. I shared the update. Everybody don travel. Paris,Madrid, Rome etc. Na so we waka ooo. Outta more than 15 of us, at least like 10 don collect Yankee kpali. With Yankee kpali, it was easy to collect Canada. Information dey very important. Na only Australia we no do, cuz e far😂😂. Collect them kpalis and keep. No be crime. Afro nation of last week or so, na so all of us buy flight ticket. Visa don dey already sef. Now I see the kyne flex all these citizens of big countries have. Just buy ticket and voila,you don move.
Baba I greet you, you didn't respond to my last quote.. Please check my last quote
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 4:24pm On Jul 08, 2023
Peerielass:

Which one is cheaper and is this for a brand new car? In my experience, PCP is often cheaper than Higher Purchase. Most higher purchase lead to ownership whereas with PCP, you can walk away after the initial lease period.

Hmmmm... This is not as simple o... In many cases, HP is often the better option
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 4:26pm On Jul 08, 2023
IvanCardozo:

Offcourse bro, anytime😂😂

I dey ur doormot

cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dozzynet(m): 4:44pm On Jul 08, 2023
IvanCardozo:

Offcourse bro, anytime😂😂
I sent you a pm boss
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ukay2: 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2023
Solumtoya:

Hmmmm... This is not as simple o... In many cases, HP is often the better option

I prefer paying cash for car....average £5k car is ok...lool

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 5:00pm On Jul 08, 2023
Guys abeg if one wants to get work with nhs

Is it the general nhs site one will go to

Or the nhs site of the city the person is interested in
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 5:07pm On Jul 08, 2023
lavida001:

I heard Even if you no use am. You go still dey pay interest. Is that true

Wow! This isn't true, please.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Mamatukwas: 5:23pm On Jul 08, 2023
Viruses:

Which bank is this?

I just checked again this morning, Lloyds is doing 16.3%, Barclays 20%. I am not able to take screenshot

Your legal status also significantly impacts on these things. ILR & Pali holders get better rates for everything.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by IvanCardozo: 6:12pm On Jul 08, 2023
theauthor=dozzynet post=124284347]My oga, I greet you.... What's the best travel insurance to get for schenghen visa application?
@Ivancardozo @Lexusgs430[/quote]

Hello boss

You fit do AXA Schengen package. Na wetin I dey always use.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 6:39pm On Jul 08, 2023
eniola1010:
Guys abeg if one wants to get work with nhs

Is it the general nhs site one will go to

Or the nhs site of the city the person is interested in

https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/candidate

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 6:40pm On Jul 08, 2023
ukay2:

I prefer paying cash for car....average £5k car is ok...lool

Nah so una Ijebu people dey do ........😭🤑

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 7:10pm On Jul 08, 2023
Goke7:

Exactly, very healthy debate and I like the fact that no insults and abuses, just facts and even statistics. I even love those opposing views especially, makes you see and know how others are thinking and seeing things differently from you

Exactly, and the discussion is still within the scope of this thread anyway.

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (532) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Zahra29, Tinyemeka(m), Tolzeal(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.