Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Is This Selfishness Or Not - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This Selfishness Or Not (18325 Views)

""Children Are A Blessing" Is A Saying From A Place Of Selfishness" (Video) / Is It Lack Of Education, Stupidity, Selfishness That Is Our Problem? / Selfishness Doesn’t Encourage Taking Responsibility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Selfishness Or Not by diogo23: 9:35am On May 24, 2023
IkeIgboNiile:
diogo23
If you see what adopted children is doing in some family you just shut up

Some biological kids do worst in their own families. A lot of adopted kids have also brought joy and happiness to their adopted families too.
It's better to endure your biological kids than bastard
Re: Is This Selfishness Or Not by diogo23: 9:36am On May 24, 2023
Skyview01:

Anini was not adopted and lots of agberos were not adopted as well. I can go on and give millions of examples of kids who ended badly despite being raised by biological parents.

Nurture plays a crucial factor in a child's upbringing!
You can compare it with blood/lineage
Re: Is This Selfishness Or Not by IkeIgboNiile(m): 9:55am On May 24, 2023
diogo23
It's better to endure your biological kids than bastard.

Well i can't change your thinking but my point is that Africans have their own form of adoption.
Re: Is This Selfishness Or Not by MechanicMike: 12:23pm On May 24, 2023
Victoria938:
Our Africans mentality is the problem. When it comes to adoption , Africans are still behind , many stigmatize the innocent children they make them less privileged in the society.

Who advise u to advise advice...do u have a man or do u need man & are u lightskin? angry
Re: Is This Selfishness Or Not by elmagnifico411(m): 1:03pm On May 24, 2023
God bless u real good for this.
Aonkuuse:
Bro you have no idea about this thing. Do you know that many people will prefer they have a wayward child than adopt a good child that is not their blood??. This is in human nature, Abraham was blessed and was riches to adopt any child but God preferred to give him his own child at old age, even having a child with his maid wasn't enough. Bro as far as Christianity is concerned, your true offsprings comes from your blood, not from an adopted child. Let people seek for their own children in peace. The order is from God himself.
Re: Is This Selfishness Or Not by Kobojunkie: 1:13pm On May 24, 2023
Hathor5:
Personal choice. Very personal.
Selfish then! lipsrsealed
Re: Is This Selfishness Or Not by Kobojunkie: 1:15pm On May 24, 2023
DrDunamis:
■ Looking at the western societies you'd see it a common trend for them to readily want to adopt in such situations cos not only are there benefits in doing that but because the society is enlightened in this noble way of life. You're having challenges of having your own kid, adopt. But over here the story is different
So prior to the installment of benefits, and the social enlightenment in the west, adoption was frowned upon too? lipsrsealed
Re: Is This Selfishness Or Not by trumpcoat(m): 7:28pm On May 24, 2023
Same as when a man cannot father another person's child and some women cannot mother another person's child too this is someone child they claimed they love the father of mother talk more of loving a strange child else whom they don't even know the parents
Re: Is This Selfishness Or Not by DrDunamis(m): 9:33pm On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So prior to the installment of benefits, and the social enlightenment in the west, adoption was frowned upon too? lipsrsealed

You've got your answer already
Re: Is This Selfishness Or Not by Hathor5(f): 4:59am On May 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Selfish then! lipsrsealed

How many have you adopted? wink
Re: Is This Selfishness Or Not by Kobojunkie: 5:00am On May 25, 2023
Hathor5:
■ How many have you adopted? wink
So, you will only adopt if I adopt? Is that it? undecided
Re: Is This Selfishness Or Not by Hathor5(f): 8:35pm On May 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, you will only adopt if I adopt? Is that it? undecided

No, not at all. I will NOT adopt either way. I would just like to know how many of you who scream "you people are selfish" are better than those you are judging and have adopted already or are about to.
Re: Is This Selfishness Or Not by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On May 25, 2023
Hathor5:
■ No, not at all. I will NOT adopt either way. I would just like to know how many of you who scream "you people are selfish" are better than those you are judging and have adopted already or are about to.
I am not screaming selfish, just submitting to the fact that it is indeed selfish. That is all. This should be objective and not subjective in anyway. undecided
Re: Is This Selfishness Or Not by Hathor5(f): 8:54pm On May 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am not screaming selfish, just submitting to the fact that it is indeed selfish. That is all. This should be objective and not subjective in anyway. undecided

Be not only objective but also fair and ask yourself if you can do what you expect of others. That`s all.
Re: Is This Selfishness Or Not by Kobojunkie: 8:55pm On May 25, 2023
Hathor5:
■ Be not only objective but also fair and ask yourself if you can do what you expect of others. That`s all.
Whether I do it or not does not change the fact that this is selfish though So, I don't understand why you continue to think it all depends on what I or the next person does. The choice to bring children into this world when there are millions of children already here and in desperate need of a home is selfishness. Yes, we try to color-coat or even sugar-coat it in such a way as to make it seem like what it isn't but the fact of it remains that it is a selfish act on our part. undecided
Re: Is This Selfishness Or Not by finallybusy: 10:24pm On May 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Whether I do it or not does not change the fact that this is selfish though So, I don't understand why you continue to think it all depends on what I or the next person does. The choice to bring children into this world when there are millions of children already here and in desperate need of a home is selfishness. Yes, we try to color-coat or even sugar-coat it in such a way as to make it seem like what it isn't but the fact of it remains that it is a selfish act on our part. undecided
“Life is Short. Make Sure You Spend As Much Time As Possible on the Internet Arguing with Strangers.”
Re: Is This Selfishness Or Not by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:

I totally agree with you.

The bottom line is we do not have capacity to love someone who is not our blood despite the level of religiosity in the country and we often hide under "our culture".

looking at the level of decay and lawlessness in Nigeria, it is safe to conclude our culture has failed us and needs to be re-evaluated.

You need to see what some individuals do to their maids.
Re: Is This Selfishness Or Not by Kobojunkie: 2:38pm On May 26, 2023
Skyview01:
■ I totally agree with you. The bottom line is we do not have capacity to love someone who is not our blood despite the level of religiosity in the country and we often hide under "our culture". looking at the level of decay and lawlessness in Nigeria, it is safe to conclude our culture has failed us and needs to be re-evaluated. You need to see what some individuals do to their maids.
You won't get any argument from me there. Our culture has indeed failed us across the board and the only way forward is to begin to abandon the old ways in order to adopt new and better ways. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. / Parents Take Son To Court To Force Him To Get A Job / When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.