Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,495 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over (41669 Views)

UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants / Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. / France Bans Nigerian students, others From Bringing Family, Delays Benefits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Ovieemmanuel: 7:35pm On May 21, 2023
Throwback:
Any country that is admitting Nigerians and their likes under any guise, and not putting up the necessary restrictions to prevent abuse and fraud, must not know the unscrupulous nature of Nigerians.

You know how many fake marriages have occurred over the last 1yr in Nigeria, just so that the fake spouse can piggyback on the student visa of the other half?

What about the fake family relationship with Nigerians in Canada, just to up the scores for federal skilled workers programme?

Many parents in Nigeria have just paid for their children to have unmerited results in the currently ongoing WAEC exams.

Many job seekers are claiming an age that is 5 or 8 years younger just to work in certain job sectors.

Many children are bearing fictitious surnames just to benefit from the work family benefits available to some aunty or uncle of their struggling parents

Nigerians are a natural nuisance to any policy that can be exploited or corrupted.

That is the way we killed our country.

We will morally kill any country that allows us the breathing space.

We also do not mind closing the door against those coming behind us as we perpetrate our fraud.

Selfishness is our watchword, that is why ordinary traffic rules we can never follow. We are like an untrained herd of stubborn goats who escaped the grip of civilization.

We who are still sane, cannot even advise our friends and family to do things the right way without looking like the foolish enemy of progress.

Shame on us Nigerians.
my brother shame to me and you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Ovieemmanuel: 7:37pm On May 21, 2023
RecentHistory:
As a young and upwardly-mobile Nigerian, you are a big fool if you relocate your family to the UK based on study levels.

Sell everything go to the UK. You no see other better European countries go.
You deserve to suffer for your stupidity.
how many European countries are English speaking?
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Throwback: 7:38pm On May 21, 2023
Ovieemmanuel:
my brother shame to me and you.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Shame on us all and our forefathers who watched us become what we are.
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by RecentHistory: 7:42pm On May 21, 2023
Ovieemmanuel:
how many European countries are English speaking?

You can go to the UK and be cleaning poo because you don't want to improve yourself na. Most European citizens speak more than 1 European language.

Baba, leave UK and face New Zealand, Netherlands, Ireland, Germany, Sweden.

4 Likes

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Welcomme: 7:49pm On May 21, 2023
RecentHistory:

The British educational system will collapse within 1 year if they try this. How many British citizens can afford to go to British Universities?

They tried this no post-study work permit rubbish in 2016 and by 2017, several UK tertiary institutions closed up because they didn't have students. By 2018, they rescinded the rubbish.

If they try this today 21st of May 2023, by 20th of May, 2024, University of Hull will close down. Guaranteed.
This is the same thing I told a friend when I saw the news. British people don't go to school talk more of Postgraduate. They prefer to do apprenticeship and start making money. They don't stress themselves on schooling. Well, this might still work out but anything that will make them stop Post study permit, it will hit their economy real hard.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by fastseo: 7:52pm On May 21, 2023
grin
RecentHistory:

The British educational system will collapse within 1 year if they try this. How many British citizens can afford to go to British Universities?

They tried this no post-study work permit rubbish in 2016 and by 2017, several UK tertiary institutions closed up because they didn't have students. By 2018, they rescinded the rubbish.

If they try this today 21st of May 2023, by 20th of May, 2024, University of Hull will close down. Guaranteed.

grin

International students in 2021/22 academic year contributed a huge £41.9 billion to the UK economy.
the UK government should stop crying instead use this money to create more student houses and more transport system they should stop being silly

6 Likes

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by OlaNurudeen: 7:55pm On May 21, 2023
Please, Mr Kenneth, how is this tinubu's fault?
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by zalman: 7:57pm On May 21, 2023
Throwback:
Any country that is admitting Nigerians and their likes under any guise, and not putting up the necessary restrictions to prevent abuse and fraud, must not know the unscrupulous nature of Nigerians.

You know how many fake marriages have occurred over the last 1yr in Nigeria, just so that the fake spouse can piggyback on the student visa of the other half?

What about the fake family relationship with Nigerians in Canada, just to up the scores for federal skilled workers programme?

Many parents in Nigeria have just paid for their children to have unmerited results in the currently ongoing WAEC exams.

Many job seekers are claiming an age that is 5 or 8 years younger just to work in certain job sectors.

Many children are bearing fictitious surnames just to benefit from the work family benefits available to some aunty or uncle of their struggling parents

Nigerians are a natural nuisance to any policy that can be exploited or corrupted.

We also do not mind closing the door against those coming behind us as we perpetrate our fraud.

Selfishness is our watchword, that is why ordinary traffic rules we can never follow. We are like an untrained herd of stubborn goats who escaped the grip of civilization.

We who are still sane, cannot even advise our friends and family to do things the right way without looking like the foolish enemy of progress.

Shame on us Nigerians.
Masterpiece!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by fastseo: 8:02pm On May 21, 2023
RecentHistory:

Doing well or appear to be doing well?

Cos they wear boots and snap outside shops?
Seen where they live? Small cubicles like POS shops.

Most can't come back to Naija because of shame.

na wa..a lot are studying and paying their fees from work. paying rent, etc from this Work they do n once they are through n God willing they do the two years post.. then they will surely get back the fund invested so far while more are travelling to European countries for vacation which is more easier over there... they do this just to boost their travel experiences and with this sharp entry into US, Canada, Australia.. got someone who got into US recently via this means.

u think u can stay here in nigeria and get it easily... u lie. u

3 Likes

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by cheleku(m): 8:02pm On May 21, 2023
Tell me how that's tribalistic? Read the content that led to my response. Aturu awusa is a slang used to refer to a foolish person in Igbo, irrespective of their tribe. As far as I care, the person I responded to could be from Mars.
Get outa here, you slowpoke.

RecentHistory:

Look at this hypocrite

Calling others tribalists when you are a rejected nonentity. You really should be ashamed of your hypocrisy, you smelly akpu pig.

1 Like

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by DaTruths: 8:05pm On May 21, 2023
AutoConsult:

Na poverty dey worry you.

Rich people also calls for Good leadership.

Na black man factor dey worry you.
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Jossibest(m): 8:16pm On May 21, 2023
Nigeria again?
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by gly(m): 8:17pm On May 21, 2023
Throwback:

Shame on us Nigerians.

I wish every Nigerian reasoned the way you do. God bless you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by uvie66: 8:21pm On May 21, 2023
Throwback:

Shame on us Nigerians.
I couldn't have put it better, UK self, you apply this type of policy to a country that is largely bereft of any conscience, morality, and integrity. What where they expecting? to follow the rules. These are people that can't follow simple queuing dicisipline.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by lastkingsman: 8:23pm On May 21, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

What British institutions closed down in 2016 and 2017.

Simple question grin

One IDAN said UK can't try this nonsense grin
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Cromagnon: 8:24pm On May 21, 2023
THURAFTERNOON:
After una don cash out from Nigerian students finish ..
Wetin Nigerian students find go there?
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:26pm On May 21, 2023
lastkingsman:

Simple question grin

One IDAN said UK can't try this nonsense grin

I expect the UK to cancel the PSW by next year. They will do it to appease their citizens and win elections. Anyone wasting their money to go there now is an idiot.

1 Like

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:43pm On May 21, 2023
LeoDeKing:
I saw this coming.

When UK warned its citizens to avoid visiting some places, I knew they will soon restrict the number of influx into their country under some guises. Some of the so called students are not even studying for anything in reality, but attending classes so they can move their entire household to the country.

I think Lagos state needs to enact laws to restrict flow into the state. Lagos social infrastructure are being overstretched by visitors and these visitors also have fed allocations to their states. angry
This is a wake up call, for Nigerians to put aside tribalism, religious bigotry and nepotism and work together to make Nigeria better and prosperous.
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by AutoConsult: 8:58pm On May 21, 2023
Angelfrost:

Over 80 percent of emigrating Nigerians do precisely that...!

They not only sell off everything dear and valuable, they also take shocking loans in addition!

When it comes to immigration, many Nigerians take leave of their senses!

These nations are ripping them off! Check what an average Nigerian immigrating to Canada spends, especially professionals like Pharmacists, Nurses, and Doctors! It's HUGE!!
Boss I still can't wrap my head around it. How can I obtain loan, sell my properties into the tune of tens of millions, all for me to get to overseas and start running from pillar to post just to survive?! It makes no sense to me.

The saddest part is; you tell aspiring ones these things and advice them against going there, but they feel you don't want their progress. You quickly become their enemy.

Now they get there and start deceiving themselves with loads of pictures lol. The few honest ones amongst them are the ones saying things as they truly are. It's not easy being there at all. You spend as much as you earn.

7 Likes

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by justwise(m): 8:59pm On May 21, 2023
RecentHistory:

You confidently lying to people here. PSW was not closed in 2016 and brought back in 2017. A lot of British citizens are doing degree/MSc and many of them study on student loan financed by the govt.

If this policy is implemented no British university will close down

3 Likes

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by AutoConsult: 9:01pm On May 21, 2023
DaTruths:

Rich people also calls for Good leadership.

Na black man factor dey worry you.
You know I said the truth. Your case is different. I can feel it in my bones. Na poverty dey worry you.
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by justwise(m): 9:04pm On May 21, 2023
Welcomme:
This is the same thing I told a friend when I saw the news. British people don't go to school talk more of Postgraduate. They prefer to do apprenticeship and start making money. They don't stress themselves on schooling. Well, this might still work out but anything that will make them stop Post study permit, it will hit their economy real hard.

So all the universities in the UK are full of foreigners? Honestly there are too many ignorant folks here

2 Likes

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by DaTruths: 9:09pm On May 21, 2023
AutoConsult:

You know I said the truth. Your case is different. I can feel it in my bones. Na poverty dey worry you.

A graduate of Covenant University poor?

I pity you.

1 Like

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by maasoap(m): 9:14pm On May 21, 2023
Throwback:

Shame on us Nigerians.
Like UK is not feeding off those post graduate students. Let them announce the new plan and see their revenue from foreign students drop drastically
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by AutoConsult: 9:21pm On May 21, 2023
DaTruths:

A graduate of Covenant University poor?

I pity you.
Lol. Predictable.
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by maasoap(m): 9:21pm On May 21, 2023
AutoConsult:

Boss I still can't wrap my head around it. How can I obtain loan, sell my properties into the tune of tens of millions, all for me to get to overseas and start running from pillar to post just to survive?! It makes no sense to me.

The saddest part is; you tell aspiring ones these things and advice them against going there, but they feel you don't want their progress. You quickly become their enemy.

Now they get there and start deceiving themselves with loads of pictures lol. The few honest ones amongst them are the ones saying things as they truly are. It's not easy being there at all. You spend as much as you earn.

Imagine raising over 10 million naira just to go and do master that you don't even need in UK, all because you want to work in a store or restaurant! With 10 million naira in Nigeria, you just need to get your business idea right and work hard. You will be set for life!
UK government just want to be smart by half. Let's see how the new plan turns out for them. They did it once, we knew that it didn't turn out well for them. They too are running parasitic economy reaping where they don't sow. Doctors, nurses, pharmacists, teachers are trained in Nigeria for years with highly subsidised tuition fees, UK would just dangle work visas in front of their eyes, off they go.
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 9:34pm On May 21, 2023
Businesses are passing hardtimes this period. Only business owners can relate.
maasoap:

Imagine raising over 10 million naira just to go and do master that you don't even need in UK, all because you want to work in a store or restaurant! With 10 million naira in Nigeria, you just need to get your business idea right and work hard. You will be set for life!
UK government just want to be smart by half. Let's see how the new plan turns out for them. They did it once, we knew that it didn't turn out well for them. They too are running parasitic economy reaping where they don't sow. Doctors, nurses, pharmacists, teachers are trained in Nigeria for years with highly subsidised tuition fees, UK would just dangle work visas in front of their eyes, off they go.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by justwise(m): 9:34pm On May 21, 2023
maasoap:

Why not?
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by maasoap(m): 9:38pm On May 21, 2023
cheleku:

Look at this hypocrite bashing Nigerians for their lack of morals and how they corrupt other countries and fake their biodata. Yet, he supports a man that has a questionable age decalaration history and was part of a drug cartel abroad to be the president. The problem with Nigeria is not a moral one, it's rather rooted in parochial tribalism.

You hate Tinubu this much! But we need to remind you that he didn't hide dirty money in Panama secret accounts using his children's names. And he didn't kill over 100 young men and dumped their corpse into river and then went to court to obtain gag order. You're foolish thinking that you are better than the person you quoted based on the candidate you supported

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by maasoap(m): 9:42pm On May 21, 2023
jerus:
mehn!!!

“Last year, 59,053 Nigerian students brought over 60,923 relatives.”

“We have got to get a grip,” a Tory MP told The Sun on Sunday.

The figure is huge and worrisome, if they don't tame that number now, nah only matter of time before we nigerians go overrun there citizens in terms of population.
Everybody sha won Japa Comot for naija.
Our government no try at all.
Is the number of students not too much? But the revenue is too sweet for UK government grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by AutoConsult: 9:43pm On May 21, 2023
maasoap:

Spot on. Mirrors my thoughts. It's actually really sad. This is a modern way of enslaving people. Unfortunately, people are too naive to see through the evil. Peer pressure won't allow them think with a clear head.

A friend of mine in the UK lamented how poorly they were been taught in classes. He rated Nigerian lectures above what he was getting there. The only difference there is you have the freedom to question the lecturer.

Most of the people studying there won't even use what they are studying for anything. They've created enough stupid courses to take people's money, knowing fully well they won't be able to use it to compete in their work force.

The idea is always to have blacks who can work like horse do all the heavy lifting and clean up all the mess there is to clean. It was increasingly becoming difficult to get white dudes to do these jobs, hence their attention shifted to Nigeria and Africa once again, the same old slave trade and slavery format. Difference is; this time, blacks are the ones presenting themselves to be used as slaves.

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Wanted To Pay For His Transport Fare With Bank Transfer / All Seven Personnel Die In The Abuja Aircraft Crash - Airforce Confirms / Aba Road: Before And After Compare And Contrast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.