Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,266 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over (41678 Views)

UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants / Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. / France Bans Nigerian students, others From Bringing Family, Delays Benefits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Raalsalghul: 9:47pm On May 21, 2023
fastseo:
grin

grin

International students in 2021/22 academic year contributed a huge £41.9 billion to the UK economy.
the UK government should stop crying instead use this money to create more student houses and more transport system they should stop being silly

It's just politics and the current party trying to save face because of the elections. Politics!

They are quite aware of the revenue they're getting from international students and the measures would have stiffer if not for resistance from the department of education.

1 Like

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by maasoap(m): 9:48pm On May 21, 2023
justwise:

Why not?

Foreign students are studying useless and irrelevant courses. And we know that most of them are not there for the education/courses but for work.
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by maasoap(m): 9:50pm On May 21, 2023
TheNewAgeFarmer:
Businesses are passing hardtimes this period. Only business owners can relate.
Yes, of course and it is everywhere, not just in Nigeria. But people are still doing business, right? I'm a business owner. I can't trade 10 million for master in UK, no way!
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Raalsalghul: 9:52pm On May 21, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

I expect the UK to cancel the PSW by next year. They will do it to appease their citizens and win elections. Anyone wasting their money to go there now is an idiot.

They have done it before so doing it again would not be surprising (past is always a good prediction of the future).

Any smart person would have known this is temporary by studying trends.

1 Like

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by justwise(m): 9:52pm On May 21, 2023
maasoap:

Foreign students are studying useless and irrelevant courses. And we know that most of them are not there for the education/courses but for work.

Mention one of those useless courses
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Raalsalghul: 9:56pm On May 21, 2023
justwise:

You confidently lying to people here. PSW was not closed in 2016 and brought back in 2017. A lot of British citizens are doing degree/MSc and many of them study on student loan financed by the govt.

If this policy is implemented no British university will close down

I think it was sometime around 2012 it was closed (Theresa May was the home Secretary then) and while we have a lot of home students studying, they don't bring the financial largesse that most international students do.

I expect them to cancel this whole student visa policy soon (This is just the first stage), and bring it up again later in the future when revenue has dwindled.

There is something about their government that's unstable: same way they're crying on the news that BREXIT has failed when six years ago it seemed like the right thing to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Raalsalghul: 9:57pm On May 21, 2023
justwise:

Mention one of those useless courses

MSC International Business Management grin

2 Likes

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Eriokanmi: 9:59pm On May 21, 2023
flexyrule:
It's a lie.

There are more Indians and Pakistanis, than Nigerians.

You can go 1 full kilometer without seeing another Nigerian, but I doubt t if you'd treck 500m without seeing an Indian or Pakistani.
Did I say otherwise? I know of paki people and Indians. I visit the UK too. But I'm sure you know the population of Nigerians going to the uk to study with their entire family going with them has never been this high. You know how lousy some of our people could be as well when expressing themselves. They always want to get noticed. Indians and pakis won't behave that way. Once you hear that dialect, you'd know they're our people
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by maasoap(m): 10:00pm On May 21, 2023
Raalsalghul:

And you are expected to come back to Nigeria to apply for job with it grin grin grin
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Raalsalghul: 10:06pm On May 21, 2023
maasoap:

And you are expected to come back to Nigeria to apply for job with it grin grin grin

Bros calm down oh.

Some people going to the U.K are not fools.

I know a few folks that have been able to settle in from their Tier 4 visa.

I know a few that it has been easy for them to Japa from the U.K to other countries (a friend of mine was given a U.S visit 5 years without stress in the first 3 months of his post-study).

Also know a few that have saved a lot of money during their duration (another friend telling me how he saved 20000 pounds in the first year of his post-study).

Yes, we know British government don't care about Nigerians but with proper planning, research and preparation, someone should be able to make something out of that place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by justwise(m): 10:08pm On May 21, 2023
Raalsalghul:

I think the prob is our mentality, no course is useless if you graduate with good result.

4 Likes

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Raalsalghul: 10:11pm On May 21, 2023
justwise:

I think the prob is our mentality, no course is useless if you graduate with good result.

True.

But in the U.K, graduating with a distinction in the above course doesn't count if you lack the requisite experience.

2 Likes

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by maasoap(m): 10:13pm On May 21, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Bros calm down oh.

I know a few that it has been easy for them to Japa from the U.K to other countries (a friend of mine was given a U.S visit 5 years without stress in the first 3 months of his post-study).

Also know a few that have saved a lot of money during their duration (another friend telling me how he saved 20000 pounds in the first year of his post-study).

Yes, we know British government don't care about Nigerians but with proper planning, research and preparation, someone should be able to make something out of that place.

These are good outcomes. But we all know that some are not this lucky despite taking such a huge risk with such money.
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Gerrard59(m): 10:15pm On May 21, 2023
xjiggy:
The Brits did not complain till they voted in the Indian. Rishi and that home secretary of his are bastard indians. They are pained by the number of Africans coming in comparison to their Indian countrymen. Education stood as the highest source of foreign exchange in 2022. Theives

There are more Indian than African students in the UK, However, our dependant numbers are way out of the roof. Ratio 1:1. It is scary, I won't lie.

1 Like

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Raalsalghul: 10:18pm On May 21, 2023
maasoap:

These are good outcomes. But we all know that some are not this lucky despite taking such a huge risk with such money.

That's why I said with "proper planning, research, preparation and maybe a little bit of sacrifice", one would always make something out of U.K.

Anybody that complains of not making it in the U.K has not done the bold.

Forget all these YouTube videos and Nairaland threads, some people have been able to make something from that country.
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:19pm On May 21, 2023
Raalsalghul:

They have done it before so doing it again would not be surprising (past is always a good prediction of the future).

Any smart person would have known this is temporary by studying trends.

You get and people are using their life savings even selling houses and cars to enter UK. Madness

3 Likes

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Traplord09: 10:20pm On May 21, 2023
YeyeGbami:
Commonwealth in the mud. E ni ku re!

Y you tak like this na .. 🤔🤔🤔
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by DaTruths: 10:21pm On May 21, 2023
AutoConsult:

Lol. Predictable.

Who cares.
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by holluwizzy: 10:23pm On May 21, 2023
U have said nothing but the truth.

What Nigeria's are doing here is not far from what they do back home.

Throwback:
Any country that is admitting Nigerians and their likes under any guise, and not putting up the necessary restrictions to prevent abuse and fraud, must not know the unscrupulous nature of Nigerians.

You know how many fake marriages have occurred over the last 1yr in Nigeria, just so that the fake spouse can piggyback on the student visa of the other half?

What about the fake family relationship with Nigerians in Canada, just to up the scores for federal skilled workers programme?

Many parents in Nigeria have just paid for their children to have unmerited results in the currently ongoing WAEC exams.

Many job seekers are claiming an age that is 5 or 8 years younger just to work in certain job sectors.

Many children are bearing fictitious surnames just to benefit from the work family benefits available to some aunty or uncle of their struggling parents

Nigerians are a natural nuisance to any policy that can be exploited or corrupted.

That is the way we killed our country.

We will morally kill any country that allows us the breathing space.

We also do not mind closing the door against those coming behind us as we perpetrate our fraud.

Selfishness is our watchword, that is why ordinary traffic rules we can never follow. We are like an untrained herd of stubborn goats who escaped the grip of civilization.

We who are still sane, cannot even advise our friends and family to do things the right way without looking like the foolish enemy of progress.

Shame on us Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Gerrard59(m): 10:25pm On May 21, 2023
fastseo:

https://www.nairaland.com/5208355/christians-where-love-experience

see the amount of hatred you have for ur fellow Nigerians who travelled out to better their lives and u are asking of love as a Christian

Na poverty cause am. Now, I see reasons why many abroadians only cater to their families and close friends. Too much envy and jealousy amongst many Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by holluwizzy: 10:25pm On May 21, 2023
Omo, its large oooo

Among students... 98% of families in the UK are Nigerians.

Gerrard59:

There are more Indian than African students in the UK, However, our dependant numbers are way out of the roof. Ratio 1:1. It is scary, I won't lie.
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Gerrard59(m): 10:28pm On May 21, 2023
Icrave4u:
Most of the people going to UK through study route just use that means to JAPA, UK is over populated by Nigerians and some money miss road mugu , who could have use the funds to establish themselves back home but choose to go slave for a white man. With ur British citizen in UK you are still rated as a third class citizen. Time to deport those who have no business been here. I pity those who will be affected by this!

You mean like the first class Nigerians who get butchered while farming in Taraba or Benue? Or the ones who were killed when trying to vote? You mean the ones in Rivers state whose votes did not count? That kind of first class citizens? Inhaling generator fumes?

You people over-rate yourselves too much.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Gerrard59(m): 10:35pm On May 21, 2023
holluwizzy:
Omo, its large oooo

Among students... 98% of families in the UK are Nigerians.

That is not true. There are more Indian students with families than us. However, our ratio is very high as it is 1:1. For every Nigerian student, there is an accompanying dependant.
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by correctguy101(m): 10:43pm On May 21, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

Of what use is a PhD when the holders of PhD are not even able to wrestle power from the illiterate class. grin

Lols

Knowledge is not necessarily only power but also awareness. Whatever you do with that awareness is on you.

Nigerian intellectuals have decided to be cowards. They even support eediots to rule over them,makes this ancestor wonder if they're truly .......

2 Likes

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by bayelsaowei(m): 11:00pm On May 21, 2023
Throwback:
Any country that is admitting Nigerians and their likes under any guise, and not putting up the necessary restrictions to prevent abuse and fraud, must not know the unscrupulous nature of Nigerians.

You know how many fake marriages have occurred over the last 1yr in Nigeria, just so that the fake spouse can piggyback on the student visa of the other half?

What about the fake family relationship with Nigerians in Canada, just to up the scores for federal skilled workers programme?

Many parents in Nigeria have just paid for their children to have unmerited results in the currently ongoing WAEC exams.

Many job seekers are claiming an age that is 5 or 8 years younger just to work in certain job sectors.

Many children are bearing fictitious surnames just to benefit from the work family benefits available to some aunty or uncle of their struggling parents

Nigerians are a natural nuisance to any policy that can be exploited or corrupted.

We also do not mind closing the door against those coming behind us as we perpetrate our fraud.

Selfishness is our watchword, that is why ordinary traffic rules we can never follow. We are like an untrained herd of stubborn goats who escaped the grip of civilization.

We who are still sane, cannot even advise our friends and family to do things the right way without looking like the foolish enemy of progress.

Shame on us Nigerians.
this comment is touching...
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Yoighaman(m): 11:09pm On May 21, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

Of what use is a PhD when the holders of PhD are not even able to wrestle power from the illiterate class. grin

Most of the illiterate class clinging on to power are ruthless b€asts who are ready to clear anyone or anything that stands in their way. PhD holder wan enjoy him life with him family in peace abeg, the peanuts wey him dey make better pass make them cross am go yonda. wink
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Hamof: 11:35pm On May 21, 2023
RecentHistory:

Doing well or appear to be doing well?

Cos they wear boots and snap outside shops?
Seen where they live? Small cubicles like POS shops.

Most can't come back to Naija because of shame.

You lie Broda
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by vivavik(f): 12:16am On May 22, 2023
Throwback:

Shame on us Nigerians.

Why did you say the truth so raw?
You are really intelligent and see through the fraudulent humans we have as a people, the few who are still doing the right things are called names and mocked.

A perfect example: you can take the pig out of the mud, but you can never take the mud out of the pig.
Fraudulent sets of people who bypass working systems to corrupt them.

In fact, make all the countries ban us from migrating, so that we will get it right in this country, the thing deh pain me wella

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Ezyp(m): 2:27am On May 22, 2023
RecentHistory:

That same smelly state where they used "I will take you to Lagos" to impregnate girls in your place.
cheesy cheesy
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by obama99: 4:08am On May 22, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/05/immigration-crackdown-nigerian-students-others-banned-from-moving-family-to-uk/

They made over a trillion and a half from those demonic psuedo immigration system. Wicked as ever
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by madridguy(m): 4:30am On May 22, 2023
I hope we get it right someday as a country.
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Regex: 6:03am On May 22, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Bros calm down oh.

Problem with Nigerians is that none plan nor research. They rely heavily on fate. They forget that the smartest of men write their fate. They are too fast to do things, that is get married, have kids etc. Where as being single opens a lot of doors. Those who are married and have kids would bring the whole family to UK which is very bad. Come with your spouse and work out your salvation. It is very easy. I know someone who came with their spouse no kids yet and she couldn't pass her course to be able to get a PSW visa. That would have helped them to relocating. Another is the idea of not being flexible to move. They all want to live and die in UK whereas they could explore a lot of places. I know two guys who came to Uk, one is now living in Poland and another in USA and married.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Wanted To Pay For His Transport Fare With Bank Transfer / All Seven Personnel Die In The Abuja Aircraft Crash - Airforce Confirms / Man's Car Tumbles In Lagos After He Fell Asleep While Driving (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.