Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over (41675 Views)

UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants / Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. / France Bans Nigerian students, others From Bringing Family, Delays Benefits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by justwise(m): 6:15am On May 22, 2023
Raalsalghul:

True.

But in the U.K, graduating with a distinction in the above course doesn't count if you lack the requisite experience.

That is not true, you can get employed with such result without experience

1 Like

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by DaChosenOne: 6:31am On May 22, 2023
HEBEI:
Ban kwa

All of us, nigerians, are japa..ing to UK soon.

Their ancestors are part of the reasons we are in this shit today.

Fulani/Hausa/Northern people being in political power is why Nigeria is in the state it's in. The British divided India into the Hindu (India) part and Muslim (Pakistan) part but decided to screw Southerners by joining us with the North. The British colonized China and yet China is a superpower today. Nigerians need to take responsibility.
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Beolly(m): 6:58am On May 22, 2023
cheleku:

Look at this hypocrite bashing Nigerians for their lack of morals and how they corrupt other countries and fake their biodata. Yet, he supports a man that has a questionable age decalaration history and was part of a drug cartel abroad to be the president. The problem with Nigeria is not a moral one, it's rather rooted in parochial tribalism.
So if he had supported your Igbo brother he would have done the right thing. Very pathetic lot.

1 Like

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Beolly(m): 7:01am On May 22, 2023
shegoon:
But they forgot to quote how much in millions of pounds this process has added to their IGR.in other word, how much this process brought to the economy. Very confused set of people.
They were funding their universities without our students before they relaxed their immigration rules few years ago.

1 Like

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Beolly(m): 7:03am On May 22, 2023
Toks2008:

If they do that then they will likely scrap the two years post graduate stay.

UK immigration policies don't seperate families so they may most likely scrap the two years post study extension or limit the number of dependants to one or perhaps 2.
The policy is not meant to separate families but to stop and discourage the irresponsible ones amongst us who are going for a year course but took along 5 dependants.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Beolly(m): 7:11am On May 22, 2023
Icrave4u:
Most of the people going to UK through study route just use that means to JAPA, UK is over populated by Nigerians and some money miss road mugu , who could have use the funds to establish themselves back home but choose to go slave for a white man. With ur British citizen in UK you are still rated as a third class citizen. Time to deport those who have no business been here. I pity those who will be affected by this!
People are afraid the investment could go terribly wrong so they feel the better option is to invest it in traveling.

1 Like

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Beolly(m): 7:15am On May 22, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

Of what use is a PhD when the holders of PhD are not even able to wrestle power from the illiterate class. grin
Why should wrestling power be their focus in another man's country?
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by holluwizzy: 7:19am On May 22, 2023
i wont argue that, because i'm not everywhere, but i can categorically tell you that, the statistics i gave you is correct.

Nigerians we like to over do... in my area and department, four Nigerian's came with pregnancy and 3 have put to bed.

Gerrard59:

That is not true. There are more Indian students with families than us. However, our ratio is very high as it is 1:1. For every Nigerian student, there is an accompanying dependant.
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by jiggyman(m): 7:34am On May 22, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Lolz. My friend who travelled to the UK on vacation from PA told me yesterday that UK is now like Oshodi. You see Nigerians speaking their dialects everywhere you go.

Wetin dem suppose speak? French?

1 Like

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by rubycakes(f): 8:12am On May 22, 2023
Please is the UK still Issuing care visas? Am confused cos of all the news flying around...pls info needed
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Raalsalghul: 9:27am On May 22, 2023
rubycakes:
Please is the UK still Issuing care visas? Am confused cos of all the news flying around...pls info needed

They're still issuing but do your research well.

So many stories of visas without available shifts.

1 Like

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by IntelligentGoat: 9:52am On May 22, 2023
grin
I honourably support this wisdom with 1 chilled bottle of Trophy beer 🍻
post=123275640]Nigerians will vote for the wrong leader because of Tribalism, but would want to japaa because of the hardship the leader they voted for has meted on them.

UK should pursue All the Nigerian immigrants in their country.

By so doing, it's either they suffer for here or they vote for good leaders grin[/quote]
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by yemi1504: 11:00am On May 22, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/05/immigration-crackdown-nigerian-students-others-banned-from-moving-family-to-uk/

Nigerians and abusing immigration policies. That is how they abused MAS form in Manitoba then SMH.

2 Likes

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by yemi1504: 11:04am On May 22, 2023
Throwback:
Any country that is admitting Nigerians and their likes under any guise, and not putting up the necessary restrictions to prevent abuse and fraud, must not know the unscrupulous nature of Nigerians.

You know how many fake marriages have occurred over the last 1yr in Nigeria, just so that the fake spouse can piggyback on the student visa of the other half?

What about the fake family relationship with Nigerians in Canada, just to up the scores for federal skilled workers programme?

Many parents in Nigeria have just paid for their children to have unmerited results in the currently ongoing WAEC exams.

Many job seekers are claiming an age that is 5 or 8 years younger just to work in certain job sectors.

Many children are bearing fictitious surnames just to benefit from the work family benefits available to some aunty or uncle of their struggling parents

Nigerians are a natural nuisance to any policy that can be exploited or corrupted.

That is the way we killed our country.

We will morally kill any country that allows us the breathing space.

We also do not mind closing the door against those coming behind us as we perpetrate our fraud.

Selfishness is our watchword, that is why ordinary traffic rules we can never follow. We are like an untrained herd of stubborn goats who escaped the grip of civilization.

We who are still sane, cannot even advise our friends and family to do things the right way without looking like the foolish enemy of progress.

Shame on us Nigerians.

You can say that again bro! They were so bad abroad when I was then, that for the jumping of queues they normally do here with reckless abandon as Nigerians are lawless, a certain company had to be giving out number tallies then. Our wanting to cut corners at each and every stop that can be exploited, says bad of Nigerians to say the least.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Greenfaces: 11:07am On May 22, 2023
RecentHistory:

Doing well or appear to be doing well?

Cos they wear boots and snap outside shops?
Seen where they live? Small cubicles like POS shops.

Most can't come back to Naija because of shame.
No seriously. They're well read, live in very good houses and drive very good cars. Working in very good places. I think you mean to say They're few but in truth, they're not struggling at all. Yes there are many suffering but id want to think it has something to do with educational class, skills and intelligence actually. The good ones are not complaining.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by YeyeGbami: 11:11am On May 22, 2023
Throwback:
Any country that is admitting Nigerians and their likes under any guise, and not putting up the necessary restrictions to prevent abuse and fraud, must not know the unscrupulous nature of Nigerians.

You know how many fake marriages have occurred over the last 1yr in Nigeria, just so that the fake spouse can piggyback on the student visa of the other half?

What about the fake family relationship with Nigerians in Canada, just to up the scores for federal skilled workers programme?

Many parents in Nigeria have just paid for their children to have unmerited results in the currently ongoing WAEC exams.

Many job seekers are claiming an age that is 5 or 8 years younger just to work in certain job sectors.

Many children are bearing fictitious surnames just to benefit from the work family benefits available to some aunty or uncle of their struggling parents

Nigerians are a natural nuisance to any policy that can be exploited or corrupted.

We also do not mind closing the door against those coming behind us as we perpetrate our fraud.

Selfishness is our watchword, that is why ordinary traffic rules we can never follow. We are like an untrained herd of stubborn goats who escaped the grip of civilization.

We who are still sane, cannot even advise our friends and family to do things the right way without looking like the foolish enemy of progress.

Shame on us Nigerians.

No be all of us jor. Haba!
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by NothingDoMe: 11:47am On May 22, 2023
Throwback:

Shame on us Nigerians.
Well said. I guess rigging elections and supporting the riggers of an election are not part of Nigeria's problems. Well said again πŸ‘ πŸ‘πŸ‘
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by rubycakes(f): 12:45pm On May 22, 2023
Raalsalghul:

They're still issuing but do your research well.

So many stories of visas without available shifts.

I don't get it please. What does visas without available shift mean? Biko kindly explain πŸ™ thank u
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Raalsalghul: 1:40pm On May 22, 2023
rubycakes:

I don't get it please. What does visas without available shift mean? Biko kindly explain πŸ™ thank u

It means the employer can file the visa for you and you come into the country but no available work/shifts, so you won't be able to earn money.
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by rubycakes(f): 1:58pm On May 22, 2023
Raalsalghul:

It means the employer can file the visa for you and you come into the country but no available work/shifts, so you won't be able to earn money.

Oh ok....I get you now. Thank you very much. I appreciate the info.bless uπŸ™
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by AnamekweCynthia: 2:11pm On May 22, 2023
You wouldn't really blame them the population is massive, well those going for PHD can still go with their families.
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by xjiggy: 2:44pm On May 22, 2023
Gerrard59:

There are more Indian than African students in the UK, However, our dependant numbers are way out of the roof. Ratio 1:1. It is scary, I won't lie.
Bro, the British people stole from us for hundreds of years as colonial masters. Even now they're still exploiting us. They invaded us without consent. Now we're invading them.with their consent, they feel pained. I see this emigration as our way of reparation

1 Like

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Toks2008(m): 2:59pm On May 22, 2023
Beolly:

The policy is not meant to separate families but to stop and discourage the irresponsible ones amongst us who are going for a year course but took along 5 dependants.

You don't get it.

It is either they scrap the 2 years postgraduate and ban dependants or they leave it as it is and limit the number of dependants to one.

UK immigration policies don't seperate families.
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Beolly(m): 4:31pm On May 22, 2023
Toks2008:

You don't get it.

It is either they scrap the 2 years postgraduate and ban dependants or they leave it as it is and limit the number of dependants to one.

[/b]UK immigration policies don't seperate families.[b]
You are the one didn't get it or you got it but it's difficult for you to accept because you have the intention of taking dependants along. Read the content of the news again. The move is curtail the excesses of those who bring too many dependants to the UK.

1 Like

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by XAUBulls: 7:10pm On May 22, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/05/immigration-crackdown-nigerian-students-others-banned-from-moving-family-to-uk/
I trust some Nigerians... They never fail to bastardize seemingly legit loopholes. grin
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Toks2008(m): 7:58pm On May 22, 2023
Beolly:

You are the one didn't get it or you got it but it's difficult for you to accept because you have the intention of taking dependants along. Read the content of the news again. The move is curtail the excesses of those who bring too many dependants to the UK.

Lol! @intentions...what if I tell you I am actually resident in the UK?

Anyways it can only mean that UK wants to put an end to students visa cos many people can't cope with the fees without their dependant helping out so they just might limit the number of dependents to one maybe.
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Beolly(m): 8:15pm On May 22, 2023
Toks2008:

Lol! @intentions...what if I tell you I am actually resident in the UK?

Anyways it can only mean that UK wants to put an end to students visa cos many people can't cope with the fees without their dependant helping out so they just might limit the number of dependents to one maybe.
Exactly they know many can't cope with the fees and that's why they imports dependants anyhow in order to help dem out. So it will now left for those who truly have the means and won't be bringing in all their relations to overwhelm the system on account of being a dependant. I really love this idea.

1 Like

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by bluefilm: 9:18pm On May 22, 2023
IntelligentGoat:
grin
I honourably support this wisdom with 1 chilled bottle of Trophy beer 🍻
post=123275640]Nigerians will vote for the wrong leader because of Tribalism, but would want to japaa because of the hardship the leader they voted for has meted on them.

UK should pursue All the Nigerian immigrants in their country.

By so doing, it's either they suffer for here or they vote for good leaders grin

Your vote doesn't count.

So don't talk about voting.

Bad belle no dey pay.

If you no get money to Japa, don't hate on those who have japa'd.
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Gerrard59(m): 2:52am On May 23, 2023
holluwizzy:
i wont argue that, because i'm not everywhere, but i can categorically tell you that, the statistics i gave you is correct.

Nigerians we like to over do... in my area and department, four Nigerian's came with pregnancy and 3 have put to bed.

This is your post:

holluwizzy:
Omo, its large oooo

Among students... 98% of families in the UK are Nigerians.

Here is a stat from the Home Office. Who should I believe, a random Holluwizzy or the UK Home Office?

Source: https://www.ft.com/content/84f3ecaf-00e9-4961-991c-4f4ca23d8d8d In case that one no do you, check this: https://www.ft.com/content/bb687cc0-5743-48f4-b751-edac3cfdeeb8

Thankfully, both are free-to-read.

Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Gerrard59(m): 2:53am On May 23, 2023
xjiggy:
Bro, the British people stole from us for hundreds of years as colonial masters. Even now they're still exploiting us. They invaded us without consent. Now we're invading them.with their consent, they feel pained. I see this emigration as our way of reparation

I wrote it from a British perspective, it can be scary. That said, I support the flooding of the UK by Nigerians. Anyhow una wan do inside the country, no wahala.
Re: UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over by Adjovi: 7:47am On May 23, 2023
Last last everybody go dey alright. SEBI dem say make Una build Una own country Una no free, vote credible leaders Una no gree. Some go dey support this useless APC while they are in Europe enjoying all the benefits there. SEBI you dey plan relocate your family? Now oyinbo don say no more relocating. Last last na we and your family members go gather they for this Nigeria wey you no gree say it no good

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Wanted To Pay For His Transport Fare With Bank Transfer / All Seven Personnel Die In The Abuja Aircraft Crash - Airforce Confirms / Man's Car Tumbles In Lagos After He Fell Asleep While Driving (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.