Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments (16984 Views)

Anambra Governor, Soludo Announces 3 New Political Appointments / Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari / Ohanaeze General Assembly Asks Buhari To Consider Igbo For IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by Agugbadin: 6:14am On May 22, 2023
Why? Can you try that in any of the five Igbo state.
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by zomby(m): 6:23am On May 22, 2023
The igbos only deserve to clean all the toilets at Alausa…anything more or less is simply uncivilized.
They must be treated exactly the way they treated Jagaban and the original lagosians.

Abeg, give the pigs brushes, make them clean the toilets.

3 Likes

Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by YouandiAllofus: 6:27am On May 22, 2023
Nefort:

But they pay taxes where they reside and also contribute in one way or the other to the growth and development of the region they reside just as those you regard as indigenes. So why wouldn't they deserve some appointments just because they are non indigenes?
Even foreigners from different countries are here in their numbers, they have investments that contributes massively to the economic development and they also pay taxes. Does this now make them deserve political appointment in lagos state?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by M4A1carbine: 6:45am On May 22, 2023
Which pipo? Joe Igbokwe na IGBO?

I don hear ogbeni....no shakings.. grin

Cromagnon:

But na your pipo de beg for position upandan na

Guess you're the fool

Oh well
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by colestephan86: 6:49am On May 22, 2023
EcoBrick:

https://guardian.ng/news/group-begs-sanwo-olu-to-consider-igbo-for-political-appointments/amp/
The request will fall on deaf ears, are there no Yoruba community in the east, are there no Hausa community in the east

2 Likes

Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by simfrost90210: 6:50am On May 22, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
If nigerians can get political appointments in europe and america, i wonder why a hausa/fulani, yoruba or igbo man cannot get political appointment in anambra, kano or lagos state. And to the igbos seeking ethnic balancing through political appointments; can you imagine the fulanis or yorubas seeking same in enugu or anambra state and expecting your governors to grant these appointments?

They actually are here ...
The commissioner of police in Anambra Isn't an igbo, rather a northerner.. And we're fine.. That's the one i'm sure about.. Forget, the truth is always very bitter, Yorubas are very very tribalistic especially in Lagos, it's just that they're not too violent like the northerners
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by ReturnMan: 6:55am On May 22, 2023
Twistaray:
They should wait for any appointments when the Okoro Gbadebo takes over in the next 1 billion years to come or better still, return to their various villages in Alaigbo for an appointment. Why should any appointment be given to strangers when the indigenous people are there? grin

Don't ya all have your home state or region to seek an appointment? Thieves. grin
Cho. Backwardness
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by M4A1carbine: 6:58am On May 22, 2023
You should be happy they won't survive, won't you? If you like say that they have tsunami sef...it's your joy shey. Why are you always crying for useless unity and patronage on BIAFRA and related threads?

TakeNigeriaBack:

You mean Nigeria won't survive without your 5 landlocked erosion ridden states?
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by KwuoteYourFada: 7:17am On May 22, 2023
See them grin
Congregation of online Yoruba tribal pigs grin

When herdsmen rape octagenarian for ore axis I didn't see them o 😂😂

Igbos appoint Yorubas? Only a handful of you are here and the ones I know are doing excellently well for themselves.

Weda you like or not alot of Igbos voted sanwo olu too especially the market women

There's nothing wrong asking for an appointment when you make up 28% of the state you can cry all you want 😜

Sanwo olu I sure die he will definitely give Igbos appointment

Ndị ala are quoting ahmadu Bello and akintola why Una no add awo Gowon Herbert Marcauly 😂

Didn't it suprise you that no Igbo man even in history has accused any tribe of anything evil ?
Because we know what healthy competition is

You guys can't stand our guts to succeed and become successful thus resorting to crying 😂 Pele o!

Make Una chill shinedus must get appointment that one sure die👍😎👍

Go and beat your brothers again if you don't like it 😂
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by Basic123: 7:35am On May 22, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

Akintola said, "...di e di e ni agbo elede tin wo ogba..." meaning na small small pig house dey encroach inside your yard. Yorubas need to buy sense!
BRAIN JOTTER, understand yoruba pass you.

Omo ekiti on nairaland 😆
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by Akinomoakin021: 7:44am On May 22, 2023
At least three commissioners? E gba mi!
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by Sheggy13(m): 7:54am On May 22, 2023
simfrost90210:

The commissioner of police in Anambra Isn't an igbo, rather a northerner.. And we're fine.. That's the one i'm sure about.. Forget, the truth is always very bitter, Yorubas are very very tribalistic especially in Lagos, it's just that they're not too violent like the northerners
At the bolded, so as big as you are, you don't know the commissioner of police position is a federal appointment by PSC/IG and has nothing to do with the state government? Quite unfortunate.

3 Likes

Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by Sheggy13(m): 8:00am On May 22, 2023
Akinomoakin021:
At least three commissioners? E gba mi!
As in ehn. Imagine the audacity. Even specifying the number of commissioner slots they want in another person's state and region despite the level of hatred they showed Sanwo Olu in the last election and boasting to make the Rhodes Vivour guy governor.

2 Likes

Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by simfrost90210: 8:15am On May 22, 2023
Sheggy13:

At the bolded, so as big as you are, you don't know the commissioner of police position is a federal appointment by PSC/IG and has nothing to do with the state government? Quite unfortunate.

My bad.. None above learning or realizing
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by YouandiAllofus: 8:33am On May 22, 2023
simfrost90210:

The police like frsc, vio etc... is a federal agency and as such, appointment and posting of its commissioners and officers fall within the purview of the commission. I think the emphasis here are on state distributed appointment
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by simfrost90210: 8:37am On May 22, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
The police like frsc, vio etc... is a federal agency and as such, appointment and posting of its commissioners and officers fall within the purview of the commission. I think the emphasis here are on state distributed appointment

Yes.. That's true..
I've been called to order.. Thank you..
So, i'm sorry that didn't get to my mind😊

1 Like

Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by DelilahMakinde(f): 8:40am On May 22, 2023
Igbos you will not die if you never get appointment in the SW again....the request is suspicious sef...
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by NinjaMetahuman: 8:41am On May 22, 2023
Benwallt:

Honestly speaking, with the status of Lagos every tribe in Nigeria should try their luck. We Yorubas are just fortunate that Lagos is in our region. It should be the state that champions our unity in diversity.

Development of Lagos is consciously and unconsciously a collective one
you are a brainless foo.

Abuja is the country's capital for close to 40 years now,
That's where you should be championing of your useless unity.

2 Likes

Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by NinjaMetahuman: 8:45am On May 22, 2023
Basic123:

Edo are worse people oooo

Check anti-TINUBU bloggers on social media ,50 percent are EDOs. ....

Omoruyi
Mr Mike
Madamsojbog
Wounded civilian
Jack Obi-yan
Gloria ekhator
Etc
tinubu got huge votes in Edo despite being a predominantly christian state.

Edo people do not have problem with Yorubas.
Forget political blogs by few individuals trying to make few bucks from headless mobs.

2 Likes

Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by YouandiAllofus: 8:45am On May 22, 2023
[quote author=simfrost90210 post=123288749]

Yes.. That's true.. I've been called to order.. Thank you.. So, i'm sorry that didn't get to my mind
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by NinjaMetahuman: 8:53am On May 22, 2023
tareigns:

See ehnn, I be confam Ado/warri pikin and I have been on this forum than you might know. I be the observing type and i have observed that the majority of igbo's on Nairaland and in Nigeria (90% and 70% respectully) are toxic, hateful, spiteful, envious, boastful and fvrking TRIBALISTIC. Back to our iroyin,...You see ehnn we are not fortunate in any way. We simply used our education and exposure to make Lagos what it is today. Do we have oil like states such as Delta, Rivers, cross rivers, Bayelsa or Akwa ibom? . Are we bigger than any of these states I mentioned? These states I mentioned, aren't they also around the coast lines of the Atlantic ocean just like Lagos? Cross river was once the FCT of the federation but what do they have to show for it?.... See ehnn, ma je kin binu si é o.
don't mind the foolish goat that hasn't learned anything from Nigeria geographical expression called Nigeria.

I'm guessing the fool has not been on the internet for long or just started following Nigeria politics in 2023.
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by NinjaMetahuman: 8:54am On May 22, 2023
leisuretym:
The man Igbos succeeded in influencing many other ethnic groups in the last election, If I be Sanwo Olu, I will reduce Igbo influence on other ethnic groups by rather appointing, calabar, Akwa Ibom, Ijaw , middle belt people under a umbrella, make them benefit and protect their interest and make them move away from the igbos politically, Igala trader association, ijaw trader association should well relate with
exactly
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by Olabode211: 9:20am On May 22, 2023
Dey play..
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by aswani(m): 9:27am On May 22, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
tinubu got huge votes in Edo despite being a predominantly christian state.

Edo people do not have problem with Yorubas.
Forgot political blogs by few individuals trying to make few bucks from headless mobs.

Wounded Civilian and Emeka eye don dey clear small small now wey Obidients don dey show dem pepper.

Obi's goodwill in Edo state is gone, happy to bet that Labour are coming no higher than 3rd in the next gubernatorial elections.

1 Like

Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by Nefort: 9:59am On May 22, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
Even foreigners from different countries are here in their numbers, they have investments that contributes massively to the economic development and they also pay taxes. Does this now make them deserve political appointment in lagos state?
Foreigners are not citizens of Nigeria so they can't be eligible. This is a different case.
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by Nefort: 10:04am On May 22, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

Taxes are for the roads and services that state provide. You're not doing charity by paying taxes.
What I am trying to say is those you regard as non indigenes were also born in the region and also do every other things just as those you regard as indigenes. In a sane society your state of origin shouldn't determine were you are allowed to seek appointments.
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by Nefort: 10:18am On May 22, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

So, you're using your population in Yorubaland to threaten your hosts?! You also have a large population in Kano, why have you not used it to threaten the Hausa-Fulani people?
Oga I am not your typical Nairaland tribal war poster so that thing you said in bold is just nonsense. Where exactly has that threat been happening? Can you point out any instance where a large number of Igbos came out publicly to threaten Yorubas in Yoruba land? Even the word "host" you used up there doesn't make sense because no one can be a host in his own country just because he is living in a state he wasn't born. The point I am trying make here is that there should be nothing like state of origin discrimination as long as we are citizens of the same country. Anybody from any state or ethnic group should be eligible for appointment in any state he resides for a number of years. This is when we will start having true national unity.
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by YouandiAllofus: 10:21am On May 22, 2023
Nefort:

Foreigners are not citizens of Nigeria so they can't be eligible. This is a different case.
I was referring to foreigners resident in nigeria, who may have stayed long enough to have established businesses and investments. Most are either citizens or eligible for citizenship.
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by ledaman: 10:49am On May 22, 2023
It is not their fault, want do you expect when strangers are competing with your land.
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by Haywhy3579: 10:58am On May 22, 2023
Benwallt:

Honestly speaking, with the status of Lagos every tribe in Nigeria should try their luck. We Yorubas are just fortunate that Lagos is in our region. It should be the state that champions our unity in diversity.

Development of Lagos is consciously and unconsciously a collective one

U can as well give the state to any tribe u want. Fool and thieves. U said we are fortunate on our land, u must be a nitwitt

2 Likes

Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by Picardor2: 11:05am On May 22, 2023
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by Picardor2: 11:06am On May 22, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

lgb0s are ñèvèr bothered about any form of politics but want to fórcè a president down our throats.

Lies oga

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva / Obasanjo Is Helping Nigeria Secure Its Future - Osinbajo / 'You Are Liars' - Dan Fulani To Clerics Who Predicted Buhari’s Failure In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.