Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments (17016 Views)

Anambra Governor, Soludo Announces 3 New Political Appointments / Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari / Ohanaeze General Assembly Asks Buhari To Consider Igbo For IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by MSGAMBLE9: 11:27am On May 22, 2023
Sheggy13:

At the bolded, so as big as you are, you don't know the commissioner of police position is a federal appointment by PSC/IG and has nothing to do with the state government? Quite unfortunate.
Most Okoros are illitrate don't be surprised...

The same set of people that want sea-port in a land-locked region.

Shame.

2 Likes

Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by Twistaray(m): 11:31am On May 22, 2023
ReturnMan:

Cho. Backwardness

No, it's actually ' Forwardness '
GTFO grin
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by Twistaray(m): 11:33am On May 22, 2023
SensetionalGoal:

Get out abeg! See were osogbo man de claim Lagos... ya all bla bla bla .. [b]Igbos will be appointed commission[/b]ers and there is nothing you can do about it ...

Leash OKoro want heebo appointed. Lool grin

Oleee
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by MSGAMBLE9: 11:47am On May 22, 2023
tareigns:

You just fell my hand. You be Ekiti pikin na hin you talk wetin you talk so... I am shedding blood of tears.
You even said we are fortunate that Lagos is in our region.... Please how are we fortunate?
He is probably an Okoro born in Ekiti...they like to deny their heritage to form sense of belonging...

1 Like

Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by XAUBulls: 12:06pm On May 22, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Akintola said the same thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNPzWW3kXVg
Deep... What year is the Akintola recording from?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by cocolacec(m): 12:08pm On May 22, 2023
XAUBulls:

1964 i guezz

1 Like

Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by XAUBulls: 12:30pm On May 22, 2023
cocolacec:

1964 i guezz
Thanks Cocolacec. I'll check up the date and match it to the Akintola recording. The famous Sardauna of Sokoto's interview with the white journalist where he called out the domineering and overbearing attitude of Ibos in the North was done in the late 1950s.
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by Nefort: 12:40pm On May 22, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
I was referring to foreigners resident in nigeria, who may have stayed long enough to have established businesses and investments. Most are either citizens or eligible for citizenship.
If they are citizens then they are also eligible for appointments as well.
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by 7lives: 1:05pm On May 22, 2023
XAUBulls:

Thank God I no be one of them, this message is for the likes of Iyabo Ojo, Debo, Falz and other Yoruba numbskulls forming woke.
Awon eni a ba ta ka fi ra atupa, ti won npe ara won ni a ji tan Ina wo.
Awon afo ifun gbee mu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by Dpopsman123(m): 1:14am On May 23, 2023
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by MetaPhysical: 4:06am On May 24, 2023
Akanbiedu:

So GAC cannot influence that weakling Sanwo to clean up the mess?

Sanwo is a gentleman politician. A rough neck politician is coming behind him. Start drafting your complaint letters to UN ahead... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by ReturnMan: 12:03am On May 27, 2023
Twistaray:

No, it's actually ' Forwardness '
GTFO grin

Delicious Delusion
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by isalegan2: 7:38am On May 29, 2023
Supported.

Whether or not the governor received sizable votes from one group does not exclude them from desirable positions. Governor Sanwo-Olu would improve relations and enhance cohesion amongst Lagos residents by promoting a policy of inclusivity. Accept it or not, Igbos feel politically marginalized nationwide, and specifically in Lagos after this election. Appointing qualified Igbos and other minority groups into his 2nd administration would lead to positive change and less rancor between indigenes and settlers in Lagos .

In Lagos and other states where there is a large population of Igbos and non-indigenes, doing nothing to bring Igbos etc closer but leaving them on the fringes foretells dire developments. Alienation and marginalization will push moderate Igbos to be radicalized and draw further away from the mainstream into the waiting cluster of secesionist or militarized groups.

You can't deny that people who feel they are deliberately marginalized from economic affluence or national political power (in this case, real or imagined) have less patriotism due to feelings of being wronged. Put yourself in those shoes.

Lagos is big enough and multi ethnic enough to reflect that diversity in its high profile government officials/positions.

This response turned out longer than I planned but summarily the message is 1) Inclusion, 2) Representation and 3) Prevention is better than cure!
Re: Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments by Cromagnon: 5:28pm On May 29, 2023
M4A1carbine:
Which pipo? Joe Igbokwe na IGBO?

I don hear ogbeni....no shakings.. grin

do they main Joe igbokwe name in the article?

Smh

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"My Stressful PVC Registration Experience In Lagos, INEC Not Ready" - Lady / Vice President Osinbajo Arrives Borno State[photos] / Shehu Sani Reacts To AG Revelation Of N1Tri Fraud In MDAs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.