Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,178 members, 7,818,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery - (Live Video, Pictures) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery - (Live Video, Pictures) (37708 Views)

Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG / Ooni Of Ife And Aliko Dangote On A Tour Of Dangote Refinery / An Overview Of Dangote Refinery Plant In Lagos - Video And Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery - (Live Video, Pictures) by Shattuck(m): 3:30pm On May 22, 2023
dyera:
Refinery the govt could have been the one to borrow money to build, then the $20b yearly revenue would belong to the entire country. But no thanks to the useless govt we have that borrowed $71b (N33tr) for projects that yield no return, only 20% of the revenue from the refinery goes to the country, the rest will be shared by Dangote and the cabal.
so true, considering the fact this is an economic jackpot, the govt should have done this and use the Hugh revenue generated to fix healthcare and education, Nigeria does not really generate much revenue, it can even finance it's yearly budget, it is shameful that such Hugh economic return on investment would go to just dangote and his partners.
Re: Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery - (Live Video, Pictures) by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:59pm On May 22, 2023
fuckJones:
ignorant is what is killing us, to fill 12.5kg of gas is 10k while a little of kerosene is N1200, as a bachelor 12.5kg can take me up to 6 month but 8 litters of kerosene can't take me up to a month

I like your analogy.

1 Like

Re: Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery - (Live Video, Pictures) by ForChrist1: 4:23pm On May 22, 2023
sisisioge:
Thank God! Hopefully, the federal government too will build one soon and more private investors will build too. Very soon, Nigeria will be great again.

Coming at a time when all countries are committing to the phasing out of the use of fossil feuls as part of the 2030 SDG UN agenda for net-zero emission?

I just hope Dangote and his team did a proper profitability assessment before engaging in this cost intensive project.

All good for Nigeria though. Like they say better late than never.

https://sdgs.un.org/goals
Re: Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery - (Live Video, Pictures) by loooozeem: 4:26pm On May 22, 2023
Our people that are complaining that, Tinubu forcefully took their land ar now praying for him
Luno,ferlizer,dano, seaport, refinary, pinnacle and so on

The best initiator
God bless Jagaban
God Lagos State
God bless Nigeria
Re: Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery - (Live Video, Pictures) by Simeonjoe1: 5:00pm On May 22, 2023
Myclubmycash:
Kudos to Alhaji Aliko Dangote!

And at this moment, I will recommend that the Portharcourt, Warri and Kaduna refineries be privatized for a very robust and healthy competition, which will in no time, end the importation of petroleum products.

Already being done.
Re: Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery - (Live Video, Pictures) by Akinomoakin021: 5:03pm On May 22, 2023
EverGrand:

This isn't a project done during PDP era so there can't be double or unending 'commissioning'.

What was commissioned earlier in that axis was the Sea Port.
Lol, Oga rest. Dangote Cement factories were built during PDP era, this refinery was announced in 2013 during Jonathan era. The bad economic environment in form of exchange rate under Buhari almost crippled it, thank God Emefiele had to come to his rescue through a biased exchange rate. Though to the detriment of Nigerians, The end justifies the means. Dangote refinery is here and I am happy for him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery - (Live Video, Pictures) by COMPAQ(m): 5:14pm On May 22, 2023
dyera:
Refinery the govt could have been the one to borrow money to build, then the $20b yearly revenue would belong to the entire country. But no thanks to the useless govt we have that borrowed $71b (N33tr) for projects that yield no return, only 20% of the revenue from the refinery goes to the country, the rest will be shared by Dangote and the cabal.

You're assuming that if the government actually borrows that 20 billion, that they would actually have spent it to execute this refinery project. You and I both know that if the government had borrowed that 20 billion, more than half of it would have been stolen and the refinery would never have seen the light of day.

You should know by now that the Nigerian government is hopefully terrible when it comes to executing complex projects. Even basic processes like routinely clearing our gutters canals and waterways to ensure that we don't have flooding is a problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery - (Live Video, Pictures) by ufotunang: 5:20pm On May 22, 2023
Redoil:
but this same refinery has been commissioned be fore or am i missing something
..it has not been commissioned before
Re: Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery - (Live Video, Pictures) by Fearyourcreator: 5:23pm On May 22, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lmfao ask Dangote who his biggest distributor are for all his business

Every rich man know you can't successfully lunch a product n it gets traction without Igbos as far as Nigeria is concerned

About the refinery ...I haven't been a big fan ...the business model doesn't make much sense to me ...it's appears too weak structurally for me as I see opportunities to beat it in a free market

I know people see it too ...warri Kaduna crude pipeline is this refinery greatest weaklink for the Nigerian market ...but I know he might be targeting the west and central African market

Let's watch him for 5 years ...let the industry mature , laws stabilized ...I hope to see more players with 150,000bpd to 250,000bpd built to target specific zones in Nigeria
Yeye... Always knowing too much with nothing to show for it
Re: Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery - (Live Video, Pictures) by Gaabasky: 6:44pm On May 22, 2023
I'm just afraid of Dangote Monopoly of power for everything.
What happened to our sugar and cement company must not allowed to happen to this one. Dangote is too cunny to be giving this kind of overwhelmed support.
Re: Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery - (Live Video, Pictures) by blueAgent(m): 7:04pm On May 22, 2023
dyera:

Can the government run and maintain it?

The 4 owned by the government are they working or runned properly?
Re: Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery - (Live Video, Pictures) by blueAgent(m): 7:19pm On May 22, 2023
Myclubmycash:
Kudos to Alhaji Aliko Dangote!

And at this moment, I will recommend that the Portharcourt, Warri and Kaduna refineries be privatized for a very robust and healthy competition, which will in no time, end the importation of petroleum products.

I totally agree.
Re: Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery - (Live Video, Pictures) by blueAgent(m): 7:21pm On May 22, 2023
DrMuzungu:
Don't show us photos of thieving polithiefcians. Show us photos of the refinery. Only a single photo shows some pipelines and that is all.

I tell U.
Re: Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery - (Live Video, Pictures) by blueAgent(m): 7:23pm On May 22, 2023
Bluntemperor:

Amen!
The truth is - how can Govt, with all the Resources,failed to have Refineries ( all four of them )not working properly,due to lack of maintenance!
What could be going on in the Official minds of Ministers, NNPC, Subsidiaries,etc now - that our Man- Dangote have done it!
Dangote,of course will be used to maintenance,as a Private Sector Man.
God bless Dangote and
God bless Nigeria!

It not an Obligation for governments to own refineries.

US has over 100 oil refineries and over 30 nuclear power plants all owned by private companies and they are all safely and efficiently ruined.
Re: Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery - (Live Video, Pictures) by ledaman: 9:29pm On May 22, 2023
denzel231:
I don't relate with baby factory products.
You just confirmed your region dick head

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery - (Live Video, Pictures) by AfonjaConehead: 8:45am On May 23, 2023
Twistaray coneheaded structure.. sophisticated maarrraan grin:

Who are the ' we " can you lead us to them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring / Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar / 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.