Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

How Can I Grow My Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can I Grow My Faith (390 Views)

How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? / How I Built My Faith In God / I Used Juju To Grow My Church - Popular Pastor Confesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Grow My Faith by BirtherOfKings(f): 11:50am On May 22, 2023
Hi there.

If you are asking this, please tap on this link
https://forms.gle/y8g576w9jnUxg4Sx9 so you can be taught for a full.month grin grin

Congratulations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Grow My Faith by Richwallet: 1:05pm On May 22, 2023
How to grow your Faith?

1. Pray first as if your prayer has already been delivered.

2. Speak and Act you must put it on the line by speaking and acting your goals so the LORD shall test your Faith and accordingly reward you.
Re: How Can I Grow My Faith by Kobojunkie: 1:18pm On May 22, 2023
Richwallet:

How to grow your Faith?

2. Speak and Act you must put it on the line by speaking and acting your goals so the LORD shall test your Faith and accordingly reward you.

1. God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous so your prayers are in vain if your intention is to change your state by way of them

2. The Word of God is not meant to be invoked as though spells or used as if talisman to ward off that which you are unwilling to do work on.

First, contrary to what many may like to believe, Hebrews 11 vs 1 does not contain a definition of the word faith . Rather what the writer does in the context is attempts a figurative comparison of faith with the evidence/substance, the promises of God, that come as a result of ir. Faith itself is not defined in the context of that passage. For this reason, the word faith, in the context, is used in reference to efforts made by such a person as Abraham while pointing out the evidence/benefits that resulted from such effort. undecided

God Himself explained what the word faith means in Genesis 26 vs 5 when He pointed out that the reason why He made a promise to Abraham had to do with the fact that Abraham lived his life in submission and obedience of His, God's, teachings and commandments - Faith. God gave that as the one and only reason why He made Abraham His friend. This offer we observe Jesus Christ makes with all those of His followers who will do as He says - John 15 vs 9 -14 — those who will submit to and obey His teachings and commandments in the Kingdom of God. So, there you have it. Faith refers to living one's life in continuous submission and obedience to God's commandments and teachings, and in our case, in Jesus Christ. This definition is observed as being used in the Old Testament as well as in the New Covenant by Jesus Christ Himself. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Can I Grow My Faith by Richwallet: 1:33pm On May 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous so your prayers are in vain if your intention is to change your state by way of them

2. The Word of God is not meant to be invoked as though spells or used as if talisman to ward off that which you are unwilling to do work on.

First, contrary to what many may like to believe, Hebrews 11 vs 1 does not contain a definition of the word faith . Rather what the writer does in the context is attempts a figurative comparison of faith with the evidence/substance, the promises of God, that come as a result of ir. Faith itself is not defined in the context of that passage. For this reason, the word faith, in the context, is used in reference to efforts made by such a person as Abraham while pointing out the evidence/benefits that resulted from such effort. undecided

God Himself explained what the word faith means in Genesis 26 vs 5 when He pointed out that the reason why He made a promise to Abraham had to do with the fact that Abraham lived his life in submission and obedience of His, God's, teachings and commandments - Faith. God gave that as the one and only reason why He made Abraham His friend. This offer we observe Jesus Christ makes with all those of His followers who will do as He says - John 15 vs 9 -14 — those who will submit to and obey His teachings and commandments in the Kingdom of God. So, there you have it. Faith refers to living one's life in continuous submission and obedience to God's commandments and teachings, and in our case, in Jesus Christ. This definition is observed as being used in the Old Testament as well as in the New Covenant by Jesus Christ Himself. undecided

Yes you are correct God only answers the righteous that's why God shall test your Faith. God only grants to His chosen that which is good.
Re: How Can I Grow My Faith by Kobojunkie: 1:36pm On May 22, 2023
Richwallet:
■ Yes you are correct God only answers the righteous that's why God shall test your Faith. God only grants to His chosen that which is good.
God does not test the unrighteous sinner rather He tests those who He wishes to approve His own. For example, when Jesus Christ allowed Satan to test Peter, Jesus Christ did in order to prepare Peter for what was to come. At that point in time Peter was no longer an unrighteous sinner but rather one who had been chosen by God for approval. The same is seen in the case of Job. God had only recently chosen Job when God put a test on Him, Job. undecided
Re: How Can I Grow My Faith by Richwallet: 1:39pm On May 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
God does not test the unrighteous sinner rather He tests those who He wishes to approve His own. For example, when Jesus Christ allowed Satan to test Peter, Jesus Christ did in order to prepare Peter for what was to come. At that point in time Peter was no longer an unrighteous sinner but rather one who had been chosen by God for approval. The same is seen in the case of Job. God had only recently chosen Job when God put a test on Him, Job. undecided

Again you are 100 percent correct.
Re: How Can I Grow My Faith by BirtherOfKings(f): 6:56pm On May 22, 2023
Richwallet:

How to grow your Faith?

Stop lying to people
Pray speak and act is not the way to grow your faith, just one part of it...
Re: How Can I Grow My Faith by Richwallet: 7:03pm On May 22, 2023
BirtherOfKings:

Stop lying to people
Pray speak and act is not the way to grow your faith, just one part of it...

I forgive you my child yet I love to keep it simple and free. If people are going to spend money then they should recieve complimentary as a sign of good delivery on promises.
Re: How Can I Grow My Faith by Kobojunkie: 10:28pm On May 22, 2023
BirtherOfKings:
■ Stop lying to people Pray speak and act is not the way to grow your faith, just one part of it...
Again, praying, as you lot do in your churches, does not grow faith in any way of form, because disobedience cannot be transformed into obedience. undecided
Here is a summary of sorts of some of the New Covenant teachings and commandments given by Jesus Christ where prayer is concerned

Ask, Seek, and Knock, in order to receive, find and have the door opened to you Matthew 7 vs 7
Pray continuously. I.e. don't stop asking, seeking, knocking until you have received, found, and had the door opened to you
Matthew 21 vs 22 & Luke 18 vs 1- 8
Avoid vain repetitions because God knows what you want even before you ask Him Matthew 6 vs 7 - 8
Always pray in secret and in hiding Matthew 6 vs 6
Pray the Lord's prayer-Matthew 6 vs 9- 13
Forgive everyone who has hurt or offended you before you pray so your father in Heaven will forgive you your sins- Matthew 11 vs 25 & Matthew 6 vs 12
Always approach God in Humility- Luke 18 vs 9 - 4
Believe that you have received what you ask for and it shall be done for you Matthew 21 vs 22 & Mark 11 vs 24
Ask the Father in the name of Jesus ChristJohn 15 vs 16
If you abide in Him and He, Jesus, abides in you, then He, Jesus Christ, will do whatever you ask in His name John 14 vs 13-14 & john 15 vs 7
Pray for your enemies - Matthew 5 vs 44 & Luke 6 vs 27- 28
Ask God for the Holy Spirit - Luke 11 vs 13 & Matthew 7 vs 11

Disclaimer: God does not answer the prayer of sinners, and the prayers of the unrighteous are an abomination to Him. Rather, as Jesus Christ said, those who love Him are, not those who go around mouthing off what they do, but instead, take who submit to and obey His teachings- John 14 vs 23 - 26.. If you are looking to have your prayers answered, what you need is RIghteousness, which is the key to obtaining answers to prayer from God. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Grow My Faith by BirtherOfKings(f): 2:27pm On May 23, 2023
Hi there.

If you are asking this, please tap on this link
https://forms.gle/y8g576w9jnUxg4Sx9 so you can be taught wink wink wink wink wink wink wink miss dis at your peril

Congratulations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Grow My Faith by Richwallet: 2:36pm On May 23, 2023
Faith is consistency like pulling water up from a well.
Re: How Can I Grow My Faith by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:57pm On May 23, 2023
Faith is the assured expectation of what is hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities that are not seen. Hebrews 11:1

The above is Bible's definition for FAITH so let's analyze it:

Faith means the conviction of what someone is hoping for and this is evident in the way he does things even though others around him can't see what he strongly believe for real.

Based on this definition the only way to grow one's faith is by watering the hope one has in the promises of God so it's impossible for faith to grow if it's not planted by someone who knows the promises of God this is the one who teaches you about God's promises and it's on this information faith is built.
For instance someone tells you that there are lots of hidden treasures in a cave and an ancient king secured that cave with hundreds of thousands of soldiers but all those soldiers are dead since 5,000 years ago.
Will you act on this information?
Well you may be doubting the information but as you try to examine the whole thing you began seeing all these things the man told you including countless skeletons with helmets and other war equipments of ancient times, then as you're drawing closer to the cave you see how organized the dead soldiers were positioned as if they're protecting something.
Surely your expectations will rise based on the firsthand information.

But if you haven't heard anything tangible upon what will your faith grow? Romans 10:13-14

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Grow My Faith by Richwallet: 3:32pm On May 23, 2023
Avoid vain repetitions

All prayer work requires the mind be present. If you chant OM a thousand thousand times without being in the prayer state which is the present moment then you are wasting your time. You must put into your prayer more than time which is repetition yet put in your mental focus and concentration. This is where consistency pays off and gives a reward to those who put mind and soul into each prayer. In the beginning this dedication is the hardest obstacle and breaks the faith of many who seek answers through prayer.
Re: How Can I Grow My Faith by BirtherOfKings(f): 10:25am On Oct 24, 2023
tap on the link shared to join a comunity of friends who will help u grow ur faith ..stop making excuses

(1) (Reply)

No Muslim Is Condemning Hamas / Major Reason God Instructed The Israelites To Wipe Out Those Nations / I Can't Understand This Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.