Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,807 members, 7,844,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? (12972 Views)

Guys:...an Emergency Husband Is Needed / Worst Thing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Has Ever Done? / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by ShyOne(f): 3:34am On Oct 03, 2011
@ topic

I love that my mate will and has defended me in emergency situations and in situations that were demeaning to me as their woman. It feels good to know that not only does your man stand by you financially, and emotionally, but also physically if he is needed in those capacities.

That is why it is really important to make sure that you pick the right mate. You don't want to be left standing next to a "Judas" who will turn on you versus be with you when you really need them.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by MrsChima1(f): 3:39am On Oct 03, 2011
Uhmmm, If I am bitter at a broke chick who self services online to a faceless dude and follows a popular chatter around asking for offline contacts and creating NL bashes with NO MONEY then the world is definitely coming to an end soon.  Real talk!  

We can go through all threads on NL and I know for sure Mrs. Chima did not reach out to Shyone for offline chats.  Mrs. Chima doesn't quote nor respond to MOST OF Shyone's posts but you have Shyone raging like a herny bull understandably so after some of my statements she have shared she didn't like.  But I am JEALOUS OF a broke chick?  Oh my goodness!  

Sure I be all of that and you are still everything I said you are.   wink
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by MrsChima1(f): 3:46am On Oct 03, 2011
As I have stated throughout the thread, women need to learn to defend themselves and not expect a man to jump in your every beck and whims. 

If you stood there and the man left albeit your boyfriend or husband and you got your arse tore up then you deserve it. 

You will learn to wake up from fairy land and face harsh truths.  There are men that will run before you even have time to swallow your spit and if you do not have a man whether you met him or not that will defend your honor even with possibility of death then ride on.  Seek the man you want and stop changing a man to be your idea of what he should be.

If you want a man that will fight for you then seek or accept a man that will fight for you and do not be surprised if that dude ran off when you know he is a runner. That's fucking ludicrous. I can see it now a woman expecting a man who is afraid of a baby ant to fight a 7 feet tall thug. WTF. Seriously. undecided

Until then learn to protect yourself and use common sense when judging your partner's behavior.  If every guy you date run off when someone does something to you, what are you going to do?  Leave every time?  undecided  Let be real. 

Truth be told ladies, Not all men will fight for your honor. Marinate that.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by ShyOne(f): 3:51am On Oct 03, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Uhmmm, If I am bitter at a broke chick who self services online to a faceless dude and follows a popular chatter around asking for offline contacts and creating NL bashes with NO MONEY then the world is definitely coming to an end soon.  Real talk!  

We can go through all threads on NL and I know for sure Mrs. Chima did not reach out to Shyone for offline chats.  Mrs. Chima doesn't quote nor respond to MOST OF Shyone's posts but you have Shyone raging like a herny bull understandably so after some of my statements she have shared she didn't like.  But I am JEALOUS OF a broke chick?  Oh my goodness!  

Sure I be all of that and you are still everything I said you are.   wink

And your point is?  smh  - whatever.

Well, well, well. Let me tell everyone in our beloved nation Nigeria, be prepared for the worse, because of the dangers ahead, the threats of terrorists on rampage and the threats are shifting from the northern states to the south. And majority of Nigerians are cowards as I have seen from the way the Nigerian men abandoned their wives and daughters at home and went to hide in the bush in Plateau State and returned to see them slaughtered by the merciless hoodlums. I have been challenged when a young lady being maltreated by a man ran to me for refuge. Then the mean guy  confronted me. We sat in a bar and I told him to buy me a drink before I would listen to him. I sat back and he bought the drink. He could intimidate anyone in the neighbourhood, but he knew that there were those who would tame him. He had to beg for weeks before I allowed him to see her. If you know you do not have the balls to protect your sweetheart, PLEASE, do your best to get the mental and physical skills and financial security to secure your future or you will certainly lose her in peace or in pieces. The choice is yours.

^^^^
Agreed    

My church is in Nigeria - different parts - all over and our Governing Body - pulled the U.S. representative away from Lagos last month because of the "unrest" going on surrounding terrorism and terrorist activities - etc,

I am with you on your point of view - you have to stand firm to bullies and ignorance and ignorant people who have no drive and motivation but to persist - once you stand your ground - and they see you aren't giving in to their onslaught - what you are taming is not THEM - you just tame the situation and bring the situation under control.

I am so into what you said - to get the mental, physical and financial skills and security under control.  I don't fear Nigeria at this time or any other time - to secure your future there or anywhere.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by MrsChima1(f): 4:03am On Oct 03, 2011
Shy-One:

And your point is?  smh  - whatever.

^^^^
Agreed   

My church is in Nigeria - different parts - all over and our Governing Body - pulled the U.S. representative away from Lagos last month because of the "unrest" going on surrounding terrorism and terrorist activities - etc,

I am with you on your point of view - you have to stand firm to bullies and ignorance and ignorant people who have no drive and motivation but to persist - once you stand your ground - and they see you aren't giving in to their onslaught - what you are taming is not THEM - you just tame the situation and bring the situation under control.

I am so into what you said - to get the mental, physical and financial skills and security under control.  I don't fear Nigeria at this time or any other time - to secure your future there or anywhere.

You are the only person bitching in books about being bullied.  EPIC FAIL!   tongue  Keep crying sob stories and crying victim, I don't give a bleep, cry baby.   cool I guess people like "ignorance" seeing my name being nominated for Best poster. grin

I am moving on and the thread is dead.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by ShyOne(f): 4:09am On Oct 03, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

You are the only person bitching in books about being bullied. EPIC FAIL! tongue Keep crying sob stories and crying victim, I don't give a bleep, cry baby. cool

I am moving on and the thread is dead.

ok - nothing was even pointed at you in the thread.

Seriously - if you are moving on - then move on - Let it go - Learn and Grow - I was talking about the State of Nigeria from His post. You are too over the top - argumentative and angry - lying on people and continuing to do whatever you are doing - which I have no real clear idea - There are no sob stories or victims.

I pity you. Really I do. You deserve my pity. Your life must be really difficult - really difficult. Look at you. Calm yourself. Focus on the thread - there is nothing I can do to help you Chima.

Whatever your situation is - you need to change it so you are happy on some level or at least semi-content - cause it is obvious that you are miserable and lashing out at everything and everyone around you.

I pity you. You are surrounded by liars that is why you think everyone else is a liar. What happened did your husband not come home? Is that why you are still online - running your poison at me?
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by ShyOne(f): 4:13am On Oct 03, 2011
@ your add - "Your name being nominated as best poster"

At times we all post very well - LIKE I SAID - OR IS THAT A LIE TOO?  Since I lie so much according to you.   grin grin grin

But I'm sure all of a sudden you "will say that now I am telling the truth"   grin grin - When I speak something you don't like I am a liar, when I speak something you like then you think I tell the truth  cheesy

Anyway you are a good poster - see how real and honest I am?  Many of us post very well - at times you are ignor.ant - you know you are.  I am not telling you something you don't already know.

You know how ignora.nt you are and so does your family, your friends and your husband. 

Don't get mad - you know the tr.uth about yourself.  I too wish you weren't stu.pid but you are  - I just met you - so there is nothing I can do to help you - all I can do is get out of your stu.pid way - don't let me block your progress.

grin grin
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by ShyOne(f): 4:17am On Oct 03, 2011
quote from kokoye
I wont go to clubs where there are bullies.

I have been to several clubs with my wife and we have never encountered such.

Now if I have to defend my wife, my sister, my parents or my children, yes I will.

But girlfriend is another thing bro. . . .and thank God I am past that stage.

^^^ seconded
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by MrsChima1(f): 4:18am On Oct 03, 2011
(laughing at this trick really think I am mad)

You know how desperate, broke, and lying airhead you are and so does the dude you never met, your entire family, and online friends. Keep bitching, crying, and sucking on a chat dick. wink It just pains you. grin grin LMAO@I just met you and there is nothing I can do for you. grin grin grin Of course, you can't broke trick. grin grin grin

Moving on is hard for some people unfortunately.  Let see if I can get this dead thread moving-----

As I have stated throughout the thread, women need to learn to defend themselves and not expect a man to jump in your every beck and whims.

If you stood there and the man left albeit your boyfriend or husband and you got your arse tore up then you deserve it.

You will learn to wake up from fairy land and face harsh truths.  There are men that will run before you even have time to swallow your spit and if you do not have a man whether you met him or not that will defend your honor even with possibility of death then ride on.  Seek the man you want and stop changing a man to be your idea of what he should be.

If you want a man that will fight for you then seek or accept a man that will fight for you and do not be surprised if that dude ran off when you know he is a runner.  That's bleeping ludicrous.  I can see it now a woman expecting a man who is afraid of a baby ant  to fight a 7 feet tall thug.  WTF.  Seriously.   Undecided

Until then learn to protect yourself and use common sense when judging your partner's behavior.  If every guy you date run off when someone does something to you, what are you going to do?  Leave every time?  Undecided   Let be real.

Truth be told ladies, Not all men will fight for your honor.  Marinate that.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by lagcity(m): 4:28am On Oct 03, 2011
sorry oo. there was a day someone startled me and my GF at the ATM at night. I immediately used my GF as a bullet shield. meeeeehn, was she pissed. she never got over that episode till we broke up. but the thing is that I am the only Son and she has four siblings. abeg what am i supposed to do?
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Lax75(m): 4:34am On Oct 03, 2011
lagcity:

sorry oo. there was a day someone startled me and my GF at the ATM at night. I immediately used my GF as a bullet shield. meeeeehn, was she pissed. she never got over that episode till we broke up. but the thing is that I am the only Son and she has four siblings. abeg what am i supposed to do?

LMAO!!! Dem go talk say u no romantic oo. But some would argue that you were thinking with your head, and not your heart grin
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Nobody: 4:44am On Oct 03, 2011
lagcity:

Lol. Sha don't do that to your wife. With a GF it's certainly allowed grin
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by MrsChima1(f): 4:51am On Oct 03, 2011
2buff:

Lol. Sha don't do that to your wife. With a GF it's certainly allowed grin

Don't listen to 2buff! He will leave his wife AND girlfriend at the sound of a fart. tongue

Just admit it 2buff, you are a wimp. tongue
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by ShyOne(f): 5:22am On Oct 03, 2011
lagcity:

wow 

smh - well if you are asking "what are you suppose to do" and you "don't know what to do in that situation" - I don't know anyone that can really give you any advice that you would be able to listen to or learn from.

just use her body as a shield again.  But remember that whatever you put out in the universe ALWAYS comes back at you.  So be prepared to have your body being used as a shield as well.

Your time is at hand.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Nobody: 5:32am On Oct 03, 2011
. . . . . . .And the MODS keep threatening sexkillz with bans! What an absurdity of a derailment! undecided
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by MrsChima1(f): 5:37am On Oct 03, 2011
sexkillz:

. . . . . . .And the MODS keep threatening sexkillz with bans! What an absurdity of a derailment! undecided

What could you have possibility have done to warrant bans?   You wouldn't jump in front of a speeding bullet for a girl chatter huh?
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Nobody: 5:39am On Oct 03, 2011
First of all, I wouldnt even put myself in this kinda situation. Public fighting? ugh, no.  Unless if it's for self-defense.

If my man brings himself that kind of public attention, I WILL WALK AWAY (ITHINK THAT THIS NEED TO BE DISCUSSED AT THE BEGINNING OF THE RLSHIP. Very important) Or simply call the cops.

I do not like that kind of public attention, infact, any kind of public attention.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by MrsChima1(f): 5:41am On Oct 03, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

First of all, I wouldnt even put myself in this kinda situation. Public fighting? ugh, no.  Unless if it's for self-defense.

If my man brings himself that kind of public attention, I WILL WALK AWAY. Or simply call the cops.

I do not like that kind of public attention, infact, any kind of public attention.

Hmm.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by lagcity(m): 5:41am On Oct 03, 2011
Shy-One:

wow  

smh - well if you are asking "what are you suppose to do" and you "don't know what to do in that situation" - I don't know anyone that can really give you any advice that you would be able to listen to or learn from.

just use her body as a shield again.  But remember that whatever you put out in the universe ALWAYS comes back at you.  So be prepared to have your body being used as a shield as well.

Your time is at hand.
look. do you know what instinct is? it mean you act first b4 thinking. i didn't push her or anything. i just ducked behind her. some areas in DC are very dangerous. if it was my wife, then another matter.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Nobody: 5:42am On Oct 03, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

What could you have possibility have done to warrant bans?   You wouldn't jump in front of a speeding bullet for a girl chatter huh?
All these is girl chatter?  
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by MrsChima1(f): 5:49am On Oct 03, 2011
sexkillz:

All these is girl chatter?  

Wipe your face. I am surprised you are getting threats is all I am saying. angry

lagcity:

I just read your post because of what 2buff said and I had tears in my eye because you said you used your girlfriend as a shield. You reacted with your human instincts and I believe your girlfriend would have done the same thing to you. Just keeping it real.

I guess she was upset that you didn't use yourself as a human shield and next time don't go to a vacant ATM unless you are inside of a bank or store.

Question, if the situation was reversed and you were used as a human shield, what would you have done?
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by lagcity(m): 6:00am On Oct 03, 2011
^^^
to your question. i dont mind if someone gets startled and quickly hides behind me. now if the person grabs me so that i can't move, then that's another thing. if someone used me as in the picture below. then i would try to turn and use the person too.

Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by MrsChima1(f): 6:10am On Oct 03, 2011
lagcity:

^^^
to your question. i dont mind if someone gets startled and quickly hides behind me. now if the person grabs me so that i can't move, then that's another thing. if someone used me as in the picture below. then i would try to turn and use the person too.

Damn at the picture. Who and what were they shielding from? shocked

I hear you on the holding part that is crazy. We are designed to self preserve first before anything and that is real. It is not surprising that the girl left because you reacted to being robbed at an ATM location and what could you have done with a knife or gun pointing toward you?

If you were in a situation where you were at a movie and someone is attacking your girl verbally or physically then I would say you have more "preparation" time to make a decision but not when you are being robbed at gunpoint or knife point.

If I was in that situation, I would have self preserve and do all I can to help my baby but we never know what will happen until we are in that situation. We can talk all stuff about what we would have done and could have done knowing damn well we need to arm ourselves with basic self defense mechanisms and hope for the best.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 03, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Wipe your face. I am surprised you are getting threats is all I am saying. angry
Chillax! wink
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by MrsChima1(f): 6:34am On Oct 03, 2011
sexkillz:

Chillax! wink

(farts)
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 03, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

(farts)
Stop eating Beans & Ewedu! wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Nonverbal Communication In Relationships / Do I Disvirgin Her With A Condom On? / Meet The Sexiest Woman In The U.S Army (see Her Romantic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.