Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele (36188 Views)

Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote / Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition / China Loan: Amaechi Says "No Need To Panic, Nigeria Is Already Paying Back" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by mrkia(m): 8:18pm On May 22, 2023
That's what you're being instructed to be saying this time around.

Nigerians are watching
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Believeintruth: 8:31pm On May 22, 2023
HacheNoire:
Dangote is one brilliant dude!

Already servicing debt without starting production.

Dudes calculations coming thru!

And you believe that Bull shit crap of a story 9billion dollar debt reduced to 3billion and his other companies didn't experience liquidity issues? Have we easily forgotten that NNPC committed 3billion and some barrels of crude in exchange for equity.

1 Like

Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Believeintruth: 8:32pm On May 22, 2023
Parachoko:
Pandorians no go happy because of this news

Subsidy will likely be remove after Dangote Refinery fully start operation in late July.

I see fuel selling between #300 and #500.

In 5-10 years time, the price will likely fall when we have other modular and large refineries operating.

Stop talking like a kid.

1 Like

Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Believeintruth: 8:32pm On May 22, 2023
JackDaAlienz:
Even as a strong supporter of Obi
You cant deny Tinubu is 10 times more smarter than Obi

Tinubu is a genius

Oga stop lying you are not an Obi supporter let alone strong supporter.

1 Like

Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Believeintruth: 8:34pm On May 22, 2023
odi1278:
How is it possible that a project that hasn’t commenced revenue generation has paid back almost 70% of the loan. Please use your church mind na… God give you brain to be able to reason.

My brother you are very smart. These guys think they are talking to toddlers that cannot see the writing on the wall.

1 Like

Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by happney65: 8:34pm On May 22, 2023
Lovenorth:

Who will go against the will of the president elect?

Are you sure you went to school sha? Who is the president elect before the president?

Buhari can say they should lock up Tinubu tonight and release him next week and nothing will happen. Abi you don't know Buhari is still the president?

You are talking like the illeterate Okada Man from the north sha. undecided
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Believeintruth: 8:35pm On May 22, 2023
prof22:
It will take another century for any Igbo to come close to that spot. As for the 3rd loser, career died and has been embalmed….burial is on the 29th…reception follows immediately

Honestly you are displaying so much foolishness and marvelous stupidity

1 Like

Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Believeintruth: 8:37pm On May 22, 2023
Igboslayer:
Correction, Obidirty people hate people. We only don't buy into their insane posits...but hate us because we don't believe in their Pandora.

You are not smart at all

1 Like

Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Believeintruth: 8:38pm On May 22, 2023
Menclothing:
I pray for a greater Nigeria of equal opportunity

If tinubu was never a gov of Lagos that state will be like rivers state

There is a special oil on that man from Lekki to Epe it’s transformed

Akwa ibom needs a leadership structure that will be consistent in a simple map out growth

Most state in Nigeria waste money on incomplete projects due To change in government and policy but since 1999 Lagos is following a fiscal policy by the Tinubu government

Stop talking BS there is nothing fantastic that Tinubu did. We are all here when he was governor

1 Like

Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Believeintruth: 8:42pm On May 22, 2023
COMPAQ:

He can repay that loan from cash flow from other business like dangote cement, sugar, salt and fertilizer. Dangotes personal dividend from those companies will be hundreds of billions of Naira per year. And I'm sure he's paying back at official exchange rate, not black market.

Oga stop talking stupidly, out of 9billion dollars he repaid 6billion dollars and you said he use his cement, sugar, salt and fertiliser business. Mind you the loans are in dollars not naira 6billion dollars in Naira is how many billion if he dare uses his business to repay that loan his business will crash. It was NNPC/ FG that covertly put money in exchange for equity

1 Like

Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by prof22(m): 8:43pm On May 22, 2023
Your parents are actually my role models
Believeintruth:

Honestly you are displaying so much foolishness and marvelous stupidity
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Believeintruth: 8:44pm On May 22, 2023
coputa:
This commissioning is a prelude to fuel subsidy removal, which will enable Dangote and its shareholders to recoup their investment faster and quicker.Be prepared to buy fuel @700 naira per litre.

Nooo the game is to calm Nigerians down when they remove subsidy because trust me that refinery will not be ready until Jan 2024.

1 Like

Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Believeintruth: 8:45pm On May 22, 2023
Lukuluku69:

He can pay back from his numerous other Businesses. Dangote Cements, Dangote Fertilizer etc. Remember it is The Dangote Group. Though departmentalized in some ways but ultimately he owns them all. So, he can actually back some/part of the Loan.

I would also raise an eyebrow if we are told he has paid down 100% which is not suggested in the CBN Gov. speech.

Dangote repaid 6billion dollars not naira ooooo. Please use CBN rate to convert it into Naira. If he uses his business to repay that loan his business will crash. You guys should stop being gullible.

1 Like

Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Believeintruth: 8:50pm On May 22, 2023
osayuwamwen:
Have u forgotten that the facility hv one of the biggest fertilizer plant that as since commerce operation abt 2years ago

Oga is it that you people have saw dust in your brains? Do you know what 6billion dollars is in Naira? If any of his companies dare repay that loan it will crash

1 Like

Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Believeintruth: 8:53pm On May 22, 2023
prof22:
Your parents are actually my role models

You are really a dense fellow. You are really missing parental love that is why out of envy you curse other people's parents.

1 Like

Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Lukuluku69(m): 8:53pm On May 22, 2023
Believeintruth:

Dangote repaid 6billion dollars not naira ooooo. Please use CBN rate to convert it into Naira. If he uses his business to repay that loan his business will crash. You guys should stop being gullible.

Alhaji Dangote does not source Dollars from our regular Aboki, CBN do that for him at the Official Rate. Remember this Project though a Private one but fully backed by the FG. So, this should not surprise you in any way.

Remember FG/NNPC have a 20% Stake in this Refinery.

And at your last line, it is better not to throw abusive words around or words people may term abusive in a Convo with someone you never met before. It is shows you are Cultured. The word " Gullible" is not necessary in your last statement.

Cheers
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by prof22(m): 8:57pm On May 22, 2023
Google will do a better job than those two that just gave birth to a mannerless being like you, what you lack from home is what google will help you with and if you get mind bring this same energy in person and get a mortician service afterwards.
Believeintruth:

You are really a dense fellow. You are really missing parental love that is why out of envy you curse other people's parents.
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Believeintruth: 8:59pm On May 22, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Alhaji Dangote does not source Dollars from our regular Aboki, CBN do that for him at the Official Rate. Remember this Project though a Private one but fully backed by the FG. So, this should not surprise you in any way.

And at your last line, it is better not to throw abusive words around or words people may term abusive in a Convo with someone you never met before. It is shows you are Cultured. The word " Gullible" is not necessary in your last statement.

Cheers

Again you are not thinking very well. How did Dangote repay 70% of his loans from a refinery that has not refined a barrel of oil. Do you know what round tripping is? Again on what basis did CBN invest 2.72 billion for 20% stake? Where is the cash flow from the business that he used to repay back the loans? It is sad that most Nigerians have decided to fill their brains with saw dust instead of grey matter that a man like Emefiele can lie so brazenly to the whole world. If he takes from his other business to repay the loan there is no way the cement, sugar and fertilizer companies will not experience cash flow problems that will put the company in troubled waters.

1 Like

Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by sevenseas(m): 8:59pm On May 22, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Cheers

as in bold, 20% of $9B or $19b?

1 Like

Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Believeintruth: 9:01pm On May 22, 2023
prof22:
Google will do a better job than those two that just gave birth to a mannerless being like you, what you lack from home is what google will help you with and if you get mind bring this same energy in person and get a mortician service afterwards.

Eyahhhh you are just so pained and disjointed that you are trying to put grammar to throwbdry hollow insults. Oga you overestimate your relevance, you are dingbat, so I am not surprised with your inferiority complex laced comments.

1 Like

Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by prof22(m): 9:10pm On May 22, 2023
Who is in pain here? Obviously you are the one in severe pain. I have said what I said, no apology. You can d$e with it. Stop hiding behind keypads bring your worthless sef out to the street make I return your cadaver back smf*
Believeintruth:

Eyahhhh you are just so pained and disjointed that you are trying to put grammar to throwbdry hollow insults. Oga you overestimate your relevance, you are dingbat, so I am not surprised with your inferiority complex laced comments.
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Fearyourcreator: 9:22pm On May 22, 2023
richmond500:
I wonder why people hate this man
Because them no fit reach him

1 Like

Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by 9jaRealist: 9:28pm On May 22, 2023
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/refinery-dangote-already-repaying-debts-emefiele/

Not surprised…
The fertilizer plant started exports (and earning forex) in mid-2022 to US, Brazil, Mexico, India and Argentina.

>
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by 9jaRealist: 9:30pm On May 22, 2023
richmond500:
I wonder why people hate this man

Envy is a powerful drug…
Worse when it comes with ethnic bigotry.
>
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by JOemmy(m): 9:38pm On May 22, 2023
freemanq:
Fuel will now be sold at 85 per liter

I don't think so it will only be possible if the federal govt sells crude oil to dangote less than the official international price.
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Lukuluku69(m): 9:39pm On May 22, 2023
sevenseas:

as in bold, 20% of $9B or $19b?

20% of the Refinery Cost or should I say, 20% Equity in the Refinery.
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Lukuluku69(m): 10:00pm On May 22, 2023
Believeintruth:

Again you are not thinking very well. How did Dangote repay 70% of his loans from a refinery that has not refined a barrel of oil. Do you know what round tripping is? Again on what basis did CBN invest 2.72 billion for 20% stake? Where is the cash flow from the business that he used to repay back the loans? It is sad that most Nigerians have decided to fill their brains with saw dust instead of grey matter that a man like Emefiele can lie so brazenly to the whole world. If he takes from his other business to repay the loan there is no way the cement, sugar and fertilizer companies will not experience cash flow problems that will put the company in troubled waters.

Well CBN Governor could be lying but I would expect the Owner of the Refinery to put up a rebuttal on that lie.

That said, I think you are missing one important thing in this whole show, The Refinery Project itself has FG backing in terms of the necessary inputs. The Dollar component needed is sourced at the Official CBN Exchange Rate. What Dangote needed to do is to provide the Naira, CBN will provide the Dollar.

Also, Dangote is not out with other Equity owners in his Refinery. What if there are other investor ( could be minor players $100m, $50m here and there)

As for pulling such a humongous amount from his business and survival in terms of Cash flow, I hope you know The Dangote Group is on a Tax Holiday or some concessionary Tax Relief for Building the Apapa Expressway and the funny thing is, the Company that build the Road is Dangote owned too.

So, I believe Dangote is well placed to pay that hefty some without feeling it that much.

And even if it is Round tripping as you opined, or CBN Governor lied, the Foreign Banks will surely raise an alarm of No-Debt Repayment thing. Surely they have the representatives at the Commissioning and they understand Financial talk
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Believeintruth: 10:14pm On May 22, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Well CBN Governor could be lying but I would expect the Owner of the Refinery to put up a rebuttal on that lie.

That said, I think you are missing one important thing in this whole show, The Refinery Project itself has FG backing in terms of the necessary inputs. The Dollar component needed is sourced at the Official CBN Exchange Rate. What Dangote needed to do is to provide the Naira, CBN will provide the Dollar.

Also, Dangote is not out with other Equity owners in his Refinery. What if there are other investor ( could be minor players $100m, $50m here and there)

As for pulling such a humongous amount from his business and survival in terms of Cash flow, I hope you know The Dangote Group is on a Tax Holiday or some concessionary Tax Relief for Building the Apapa Expressway and the funny thing is, the Company that build the Road is Dangote owned too.

So, I believe Dangote is well placed to pay that hefty some without feeling it that much.

And even if it is Round tripping as you opined, or CBN Governor lied, the Foreign Banks will surely raise an alarm of No-Debt Repayment thing. Surely they have the representatives at the Commissioning and they understand Financial talk

Oga you are the one trying to dance or skirt round the issue. Tax relief has nothing to do with repayment. The question is how can you be repaying a loan for a production facility that has not refined a single barrel of crude oil? The other businesses are exempt from Tax holiday and even if rhe CBN provides dollars to him at a special rate with that high level of exposure if he dare uses any of his businesses to repay that loan the business will collapse. I have a friend working in Dangote refinery and what he told me was that the man is having cash flow issues as at 2020 and 2021. It is clear that FG is secretly repaying the loans for him. If you recall a bloomberg article exposed the scam federal government is doing with Dangote where they alleged that the FG was actually borrowing to assist in financing Dangote refinery. See just have conscience and stop trying to deceive people here.

1 Like

Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Believeintruth: 10:15pm On May 22, 2023
prof22:
Who is in pain here? Obviously you are the one in severe pain. I have said what I said, no apology. You can d$e with it. Stop hiding behind keypads bring your worthless sef out to the street make I return your cadaver back smf*
Oga it is people like you that don't have one ounce of strength. Bros go and relax jare you are a child.

1 Like

Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by prof22(m): 10:20pm On May 22, 2023
Coward😂 prepare your mourners make u come collect
Believeintruth:

Oga it is people like you that don't have one ounce of strength. Bros go and relax jare you are a child.
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Lukuluku69(m): 10:34pm On May 22, 2023
Believeintruth:

Oga you are the one trying to dance or skirt round the issue. Tax relief has nothing to do with repayment. The question is how can you be repaying a loan for a production facility that has not refined a single barrel of crude oil? The other businesses are exempt from Tax holiday and even if rhe CBN provides dollars to him at a special rate with that high level of exposure if he dare uses any of his businesses to repay that loan the business will collapse. I have a friend working in Dangote refinery and what he told me was that the man is having cash flow issues as at 2020 and 2021. It is clear that FG is secretly repaying the loans for him. If you recall a bloomberg article exposed the scam federal government is doing with Dangote where they alleged that the FG was actually borrowing to assist in financing Dangote refinery. See just have conscience and stop trying to deceive people here.

Oga, I am not in the business of deceiving people. Whatever I put up on this issue is from my limited knowledge and perceptions of the News put up by the Parties involved.

If CBN Governor said, Dangote paid back some of the Loans, of course I am not In a position to verify that, what I can look out for are rebuttals/denials of such claims.

And I do know that the FG ( I am using that loosely because powerful and greedy individuals do push Agendas for gains) do have a stake in this Project.

Of cos The FG could clandestinely channel money to Dangote to pay off the Debts and also, there could be other investors hiding (Stolen Public Funds) that could bring silly money on board. I am open to such line of thoughts.

Personally, I never believed that Refinery is SOLELY owned by Dangote. It is too huge for him to own it all aside the 20% FG/NNPC Stake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Umana Umana Pictured Playing Football Today / Obasanjo Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As Buhari's Running Mate, But He Refused - Bakare / PDP Leaders Attacked By Police During Osun Election Protest (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.