Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele (36227 Views)

Tinubu Encouraged Me To Start Refinery – Dangote / Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition / China Loan: Amaechi Says "No Need To Panic, Nigeria Is Already Paying Back" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Lovenorth: 11:00pm On May 22, 2023
happney65:

Are you sure you went to school sha? Who is the president elect before the president?

Buhari can say they should lock up Tinubu tonight and release him next week and nothing will happen. Abi you don't know Buhari is still the president?

You are talking like the illeterate Okada Man from the north sha. undecided
Ipob terrorists are very useless
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by enobongalfred: 11:28pm On May 22, 2023
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Owopumpy: 11:33pm On May 22, 2023
We will hunt you down after may 29
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by COMPAQ(m): 1:09am On May 23, 2023
Jnkay:

Just like cement that was #800 before Dangote opened cement factory is now #4500 to #5000? My dear brother sorry to tell you the honest truth, fuel will be more costlier when Dangote crude oil refinery starts operation.

Calm down. A lot of that is due to naira devaluation and Nigeria's poor infrastructure and business environment.

So iphone that was N400k 4years ago and now N1.2mln na Dangote?

Car that was N7mln 5 years ago and now N18mln na Dangotes?

Diesel that was N250 1 year ago and now N700 na Dangote?
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by COMPAQ(m): 1:31am On May 23, 2023
odi1278:
You must be a joker… $7bn? You must be having a laugh… I don’t know how Nigerians cannot just think.

Considering that we are in Nigeria, I can understand your skepticism,however I would appreciate you temper your insults. You are not the only intellectual on this platform. Unfortunately,too many Nigerians think they are the best thing since sliced bread, not knowing what they think they know 100% is only 20% of the subject matter.

While I find it hard to believe, my comment was to get your mind thinking a bit wider from the narrow, pessimistic view you have.

Dangotes cement paid N340bln in dividends in 2023. If Dangote owns 70% of that then over the last 3 years he might have earned circa N720bln which is almost $2bln.

Dangotes could have raised equity to replace high interest debt. I recall Femi Otedola invested large when he sold Forte oil a few years back. That could be another $1bln from Otedola and co.

If a bank like AFREXIM or other multilateral investors invested, he could have got a few billion dollars to pay down the debt further.

The Point is that there many deals that could have been executed to pay down the debt. It's also possible the numbers emefiele quoted are not quite right, but if you take that information as 50% right and 50% wrong, the 50% right part is not absolutely undoable!!

1 Like

Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Believeintruth: 2:58am On May 23, 2023
prof22:
Coward😂 prepare your mourners make u come collect

Oga go and relax jare it is a waste of energy fighting you because you are not worth the challenge.
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by bigcasava1(m): 3:10am On May 23, 2023
richmond500:
This is how u pay debt, unlike Nigeria that borrows to pay her debt.

I'd be happy if fuel comes down to N100 per litre
how is dangote cement? Go school make you get sense
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by bigcasava1(m): 3:13am On May 23, 2023
JackDaAlienz:
Even as a strong supporter of Obi
You cant deny Tinubu is 10 times more smarter than Obi

Tinubu is a genius
the northerners are still the one ruling after buhari goes, Tinubu is just a shadow, they help him rig and they will also detect the tune of the incoming govt
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by motih35295(m): 3:40am On May 23, 2023
Good one from Dangote

Check my profile fridge for sell
Location PH
Condition good
Hisense double door fridge
Contact me asap
Receipt available

Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Giftexx: 5:03am On May 23, 2023
Becareful of capitalist...price cud shoot up to 1000#/ltr
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Brushstrokes20: 5:49am On May 23, 2023
While the disastrous combo of you and Mr lifeless wrecked the shithole beyond redemption! undecided
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Slurity(m): 6:38am On May 23, 2023
lonecatt:
good for him
dangote doesn't need illegal inauguration of his refinery.
You knows nothing about business strategies around marketing.
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by dododawa1: 7:00am On May 23, 2023
EMEFELIE
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by oladiran2(m): 9:16am On May 23, 2023
This your thinking get as he be ooo. Which subsidy are you removing again when no more export of crude and crude can only be sold out for foreign exchange and tnus hopefully bring down d dollar rate.
ojun50:

Dey play, just prepare to buy at 500 plus, ones the refinery is ready we remove subsidy
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Mustack: 10:27am On May 23, 2023
richmond500:
I wonder why people hate this man

I tire ohh.. those labourer people have hate in there DNA 🧬
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by Codes151(m): 11:58am On May 23, 2023
Stupid country. That what happens when you inhabit a country with tribal idiots.

Why should Dangote own a refinery in Nigeria!
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by HBB1(m): 12:26pm On May 29, 2023
OChimex:

I am not. Check my profile.
Dude Na Samsung S23 Ultra and IPhone 14 pro max I dey take dey reply you ooo.
See the time on my phone screen too, na the time in the country I am currently now.
So, don’t call people you don’t know broke. Argue your point.
No be everybody wey dey nairaland be broke.
Some big boys dey here too.
Be guided.
Anyways, most Naija wealthy men are just dumb criminals reaping off poor masses.
If them fit run am via intelligence, let them enter international market with their hustle let’s see how far.

Bragging about a phone?

Jeez!

This is so sad.

You are broke bro.
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by OChimex: 12:33pm On May 29, 2023
HBB1:

Bragging about a phone?

Jeez!

This is so sad.

You are broke bro.

Are you sure you well so?
Who is your bro?
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by OChimex: 3:48pm On May 29, 2023
HBB1:

Bragging about a phone?

Jeez!

This is so sad.

You are broke bro.

For calling me broke, drop your account number make I wire you Aza to show you I no be broke
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by HBB1(m): 5:19pm On May 29, 2023
OChimex:

For calling me broke, drop your account number make I wire you Aza to show you I no be broke

I could give you my HSBC account, but I would not want to divulge confidential information here.

Would have loved to see you knock your self out trying to send me Pounds.

Na you go tire!
Re: Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele by melonsgroup: 7:11pm On Jun 17, 2023
How can somebody borrow billions of dollars to build a refinery and paid back 70% of the same money when the refinery is yet to produce a single drop of petrol ?

Thieves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala / List Of Oil Marketers Approved By Dangote Refinery To Lift Refined Products / Ekiti State Police & PDP Eyewitnesses Fault Fayose Attack Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.