Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? (26911 Views)

NMDPRA Denies Approving Import Licence For Dangote / World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC / They Shutdown Ibeto Cement Owned By Igbo Man For Dangote To Dominate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Babysho(m): 7:27pm On May 23, 2023
Flangelo12:

This one just go write thesis because of small question.

Instead of demeaning the education because it's beyond you, why not just read it and keep quiet. For what it is worth, I hope it raises your consciousness.

Capitalism is the reason you're waking up at 4:30am to go work for somebody/yourself and returning home at odd hours. Capitalism is the reason you're bound to do this routine for life.

The Capitalism competition is unnecessary and it is literally after your life, because if you lose patapata, you no go fit chop... simply because one guy won build or buy flying car.

Let me explain this part above. Since Capitalism na about who get there first and I can do what I want, even plant wey dey grow on e own wey suppose provide food for you to just sleep wake up and eat and sleep back, one man don go collect am as per Capitalist, collect the one wey dey e compound too con use your own swap for flying car. Now, instead make you sleep taya for sweet life wey u come, you go stand dey monitor your tree 24/7 (going to work everyday).
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Goodlady(f): 7:29pm On May 23, 2023
Boss469:

Fool using entertainers as a yard stick of "quick blow" u don see any ikwerre man for that abj u dey wey dey do petty hustle?

U dey above yaself in every ramifications una no near us.
Lmao!
Inferiority complex is worrying you.
Most of you in that Niger Delta area, your ancestors are runaway sons of either Oyo Kings, Benins id escapee Igbos.
I know Warri's 1st King is a Benin prince and Benin kings are sons of Oranyan. In all, we aren't your mates. Rivers people in Abuja do all menial jobs like vulcanizer, house boy, bottle water or gala seller inside traffic.
I m yet to see any of them holding a good office. They may exist but they ll be few cos most of you are low lives. I don't blame you though. With your oil, your region is known for militancy.
Never be sad, Tinubu's regime may favor una. Afterall, Wike gave him some votes. 😂
See I v soft spot for you so I won't want to spoil your mood. No come talk am say one area sister for Nairaland wey be Yoruba dey dust you. We no be mate.

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by BabaAduras: 7:34pm On May 23, 2023
t2luv1:

Wasn't there a major fire recently at the Valero's refinery in that city? Texas and Louisiana are the most polluted states in the US closely follow by West Virginia and Oklahoma

Yes there was a fire at Valero. The fire was not to design but to human error. The rumor is a flange was left untightened after maintenance.

Event the most perfectly designed equipment/plant requires human diligence to operate safely.

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Boss469(m): 7:41pm On May 23, 2023
Goodlady:

Lmao!
Inferiority complex is worrying you.
Most of you in that Niger Delta area, your ancestors are runaway sons of either Oyo Kings, Benins id escapee Igbos.
I know Warri's 1st King is a Benin prince and Benin kings are sons of Oranyan. In all, we aren't your mates. Rivers people in Abuja do all menial jobs like vulcanizer, house boy, bottle water or gala seller inside traffic.
I m yet to see any of them holding a good office. They may exist but they ll be few cos most of you are low lives. I don't blame you though. With your oil, your region is known for militancy.
Never be sad, Tinubu's regime may favor una. Afterall, Wike gave him some votes. 😂
See I v soft spot for you so I won't want to spoil your mood. No come talk am say one area sister for Nairaland wey be Yoruba dey dust you. We no be mate.

Lol..see mumu say pH niggas dey go Abuja dey sell pure water grin.

Ya people even dey bayelsa dey sell agbo u dey here dey talk trash.

After hausa na una wey full niger Delta dey petty jobs. U can't even compare Lagos with rivers. Remove seaport and Lagos is just like ogun. Remove wetin rivers dey give Nigeria... Nigeria go be like south west with nothing to boast of. Tbh na nepotism na make ur people dey work for high positions for oil & gas companies for Nigeria.
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Goodlady(f): 7:58pm On May 23, 2023
Boss469:

Lol..see mumu say pH niggas dey go Abuja dey sell pure water grin.

Ya people even dey bayelsa dey sell agbo u dey here dey talk trash.

After hausa na una wey full niger Delta dey petty jobs. U can't even compare Lagos with rivers. Remove seaport and Lagos is just like ogun. Remove wetin rivers dey give Nigeria... Nigeria go be like south west with nothing to boast of. Tbh na nepotism na make ur people dey work for high positions for oil & gas companies for Nigeria.
You deserve combat lecture. I ll whip you with words today.
Ordinary Ogun State no be Rivers State mate. Shey all una for Niger Delta dey ment?
Without your oil, wetin una get?
Before Nigeria existed, southwest was a an empire of its own. Una get history for Rivers before 1967?
Come we no send una o. And na our runaway boys go dominate una region, even became your kings, rulers etc.
Yes I say it boldly that Port Harcourt boys are doing house jobs in Abuja. Your women are selling sachet water in traffic and your teen boys are used for house boys in Abuja. Before I left southwest, naso una fill there dey do odd jobs. I don't blame una, na hunger & I understand you can't farm on a land that oil spillage has spoiled.
We no be ya mate o!

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Skyehigher1: 8:15pm On May 23, 2023
Mrfeel:

Why not ondo ,ogun or akwa ibom?
BUA is already built his own in akwa ibom is 250000 bpd

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by 1Dray(m): 8:33pm On May 23, 2023
Goodlady:

We prefer that. As long as they have money. Who their prick epp?
Btw am in Abuja and hasn't heard the hoax you mentioned about Kaduna refinery.
You must be a black faced lier!

You're in Abuja, that's why you don't care about those in Lagos.

Have you ever in your entire life been to Kaduna, not to talk about knowing people that reside those days around the Kaduna refinery? Mind you, I was born and bred in Kaduna state. Plus I have spent over 10 years in Abuja, I have never heard any news about Kaduna from Abuja due to your assumed proximity.
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by 1Dray(m): 8:35pm On May 23, 2023
CyracksMrBlogger:
Kaduna refinery that has not been in operation? 🤣🤣🤣 Hear yourself

Oga, I was talking about when it was in operation.

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Flangelo12: 8:51pm On May 23, 2023
Babysho:

Instead of demeaning the education because it's beyond you, why not just read it and keep quiet. For what it is worth, I hope it raises your consciousness.

Capitalism is the reason you're waking up at 4:30am to go work for somebody/yourself and returning home at odd hours. Capitalism is the reason you're bound to do this routine for life.

The Capitalism competition is unnecessary and it is literally after your life, because if you lose patapata, you no go fit chop... simply because one guy won build or buy flying car.

Let me explain this part above. Since Capitalism na about who get there first and I can do what I want, even plant wey dey grow on e own wey suppose provide food for you to just sleep wake up and eat and sleep back, one man don go collect am as per Capitalist, collect the one wey dey e compound too con use your own swap for flying car. Now, instead make you sleep taya for sweet life wey u come, you go stand dey monitor your tree 24/7 (going to work everyday).

I never read your dirge.
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Relixy2k: 9:21pm On May 23, 2023
How about Eleko the road you pass directly to the refinery with heavy population?
iammo:

Environmental impact accessment was made by experts

Epe is 75km

Lekki is 44 km

Closest area
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Enice(m): 10:06pm On May 23, 2023
Mrfeel:

But the question is , is lagos the best place for dangote refinery , how about the environmental pollution?
then, he should have built it in the moon. Oga, have you been to lekki before?

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Olabode211: 10:52pm On May 23, 2023
Okay na your papa house you wan make them bring am?or your village for iseyin??
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by frankfab(m): 11:37pm On May 23, 2023
thisisit:
LAGOS is the best place to locate refinery for the following reasons:

Niger Delta Environment is already polluted and degraded by crude exploitation activities.

LAGOSIANS are used to noise pollution, congestion, poor public and personal hygiene. Lagosians are used to shanty / ghetto lifestyle. They are used to harassment by TOUTS and thugs. They are used to a life devoid of human dignity and decency.

Therefore, mere carbon pollution from petrochemical will not be noticed.

The reply I have been looking for 😄
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Wodu89: 12:03am On May 24, 2023
Relixy2k:
How about Eleko the road you pass directly to the refinery with heavy population?

They're lowlifes and their existence doesn't count cheesy

Eleko
Lakowe
Awoyaya
Ibeju

All low lifers whose lives doesn't matter
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Okhuadams(m): 12:27am On May 24, 2023
Mrfeel:
How about the environmental pollution it will cause in Lagos , is lagos not too small and crowded for such a big refinery?

I read:
Oil refineries emit large amounts of air pollutants such as sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, and particulate matter. These pollutants can cause respiratory problems, including asthma, and increase the risk of heart disease and lung cancer etc i think lagos is too small and crowded for such a big refinery
na your backyard be the best place

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Fembleez1(m): 2:32am On May 24, 2023
Mrfeel:

I'm not here to discuss tribe with you

You claim not to be here to discuss tribe. About 5 or so people gave you reasons. The project was rejected by Ogun and Ondo State Governments. Tinubu, the then Governor of Lagos State wooed Dangote to bring it to Lagos in 2006, and the deal was struck. If your answer is why not other states? Consider Insecurity and a lot of other factors. It is pertinent to note that experts from around the world were involved in this project, so any issue or hazard to the environment would have been considered and ways to mitigate them.

Yes, you raised a good point. However, the way you are going about it, not listening to other people's explanations is portraying you as jealous. Please you guys from South-East need to look beyond the past and wish others well. Learn to appreciate the good things in other people. Lagos or any South-Western State is not your problem. The people in those places have elected Visionaries who have tried in their little ways to move their States and Region forward. And that is why many Igbos are finding the South-West as home compared to the South-east. Instead of you guys holding your Governors responsible for the state of your region, you blame other tribes and Regions in Nigeria.

And need I say, we need to change how we bring up our kids. Enough of training them that Nigeria hate them or this and that. Let love lead and let the new generation chart the path of a great Nation.

Good morning sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Babysho(m): 6:58am On May 24, 2023
Flangelo12:

I never read your dirge.

Goddamn, black man.
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Kenni700(m): 7:09am On May 24, 2023
Mrfeel:
How about the environmental pollution it will cause in Lagos , is lagos not too small and crowded for such a big refinery?

I read:
Oil refineries emit large amounts of air pollutants such as sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, and particulate matter. These pollutants can cause respiratory problems, including asthma, and increase the risk of heart disease and lung cancer etc i think lagos is too small and crowded for such a big refinery

All of these factors were properly consulted and put into consideration before the project.

That's why Dangote cannot be your mate in your 10th generation both financially and wisdom -wise.

You are contesting a project worth over $15billion just you want to post an article abi?

Bros just dey play oo... you here.

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by omojoibo: 7:49am On May 24, 2023
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Ogun has a way of playing 2nd fiddle to both Lagos and Oyo states.

University of Ibadan was originally meant to be in Abeokuta and Egba is yet to recover fully from that miss.
and now Dangote's Refinery.

Simply because both Egbas and Ijebus think of Lagos and Ibadan as their economic/commercial homelands.
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Flangelo12: 8:17am On May 24, 2023
Babysho:

Goddamn, black man.

Don't have time for nonsense.
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by limeta(f): 12:41pm On May 24, 2023
fawaz050:
So, you and OP are wiser than the experts who did the Enviromental Impact Assessment (EIA) of the project, right?

Continue

Same experts in niger delta

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by BeigJawnson(m): 1:42pm On May 24, 2023
Goodlady:

Dangote owned it and he ll pay for any inconveniences. It's like families fighting a telecom network company cos their mast erected ll cause medical issues. When they v collected money and paid for future inconveniences.
Dangote is paying monthly for anything he do with the refinery. If they take it away from Lagos, where ll they put it?
Ogun or Ondo? Or the already congested and militant infested Niger Delta?
Abi na North wey no get sea?
Let it start operation and let's hope they manage it well.

In the first place, what happened to the refineries we have as part of our common asset. Na dangote refinery we all put for head. If una no buy fuel for 1000 naira per litre, make townhall be the same with balablue ....
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Boss469(m): 2:20am On May 28, 2023
Goodlady:

You deserve combat lecture. I ll whip you with words today.
Ordinary Ogun State no be Rivers State mate. Shey all una for Niger Delta dey ment?
Without your oil, wetin una get?
Before Nigeria existed, southwest was a an empire of its own. Una get history for Rivers before 1967?
Come we no send una o. And na our runaway boys go dominate una region, even became your kings, rulers etc.
Yes I say it boldly that Port Harcourt boys are doing house jobs in Abuja. Your women are selling sachet water in traffic and your teen boys are used for house boys in Abuja. Before I left southwest, naso una fill there dey do odd jobs. I don't blame una, na hunger & I understand you can't farm on a land that oil spillage has spoiled.
We no be ya mate o!

Lol..una get history?

Abokis dey lash ya yaraba Mama's here for pH... Ikwerre men dey avoid una because una dey stink. embarassed.

Ya women dey Kano, kastina, borno and many desert states dey hawk agbo and dia rotten pussy.
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Goodlady(f): 7:11am On May 28, 2023
Boss469:

Lol..una get history?

Abokis dey lash ya yaraba Mama's here for pH... Ikwerre men dey avoid una because una dey stink. embarassed.

Ya women dey Kano, kastina, borno and many desert states dey hawk agbo and dia rotten pussy.

It's stupidity to ask if we have history.
It's dumb to type that. Only an imbecilé ll reason the way you just did. Yoruba history is the most documented in Africa with accuracies and dates.
You described your shameless Rivers people. Those gworo chewing burukutu sipping igi-eni smoking latrine sniffing codeine drinking rophynol sipping meth licking mpulumiri swallowing whores & terrorists lazy asses that depends on oil money alone.
People that were poor fishermen in the past but suddenly became woke cos of crude oil.
You are a small boy that can't comprehend.
Make I no kill you with my rebuttals sotey you go talk say one aunty finish you for Nairaland. Maybe you should inform your sisters, brothers n kins to assist you.
Something wey dem no born Hausa/Fulanis to do, you drunkard from south-south dey try am.
Container fall on your head!

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by BanyXchi: 10:01am On May 28, 2023
Goodlady:

It's stupidity to ask if we have history.
It's dumb to type that. Only an imbecilé ll reason the way you just did. Yoruba history is the most documented in Africa with accuracies and dates.
You described your shameless Rivers people. Those gworo chewing burukutu sipping igi-eni smoking latrine sniffing codeine drinking rophynol sipping meth licking mpulumiri swallowing whores & terrorists lazy asses that depends on oil money alone.
People that were poor fishermen in the past but suddenly became woke cos of crude oil.
You are a small boy that can't comprehend.
Make I no kill you with my rebuttals sotey you go talk say one aunty finish you for Nairaland. Maybe you should inform your sisters, brothers n kins to assist you.
Something wey dem no born Hausa/Fulanis to do, you drunkard from south-south dey try am.
Container fall on your head!
you're brutal o, give it wotowoto to that kaikai drinking militant.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 / See How Nigerians Spend For Christmas / Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.