Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,331 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? (26910 Views)

NMDPRA Denies Approving Import Licence For Dangote / World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC / They Shutdown Ibeto Cement Owned By Igbo Man For Dangote To Dominate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by plumcomm: 9:16am On May 23, 2023
Mrfeel:

Why not ondo ,ogun or akwa ibom?
transportation and access to raw materials and finished products,security,labor availability and other factors?.the sea also is a comparative advantage lagos has over those states you mentioned.you don't want to invest that huge and pack up in less than 10years because of this or that.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Mrfeel: 9:17am On May 23, 2023
iammo:

Environmental impact accessment was made by experts

Epe is 75km

Lekki is 44 km

Closest area
How many km can air pollution travel ?

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by limeta(f): 9:18am On May 23, 2023
OP you very right
How will they know ,Even if you warn them their mumu sophistication won't leave them alone .

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Nice2023(m): 9:18am On May 23, 2023
Mrfeel:

But how about the environmental pollution it will cause in Lagos?

U are making a big sense but the people who are replying u don't even know the implication of pollution in their ecosystem...what they are after is money,food but after all this comes health which money can't buy.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by thesicilian: 9:19am On May 23, 2023
Mrfeel:

Why not do it in ogun or ondo state, are Igbos there too ?
If you are afraid of pollution, are there no humans in those places? Is there any place in this country that the refinery if sited will not still attract large residential populations?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Mrfeel: 9:19am On May 23, 2023
plumcomm:
transportation and access to raw materials and finished products,security,labor availability and other factors?.the sea also is a comparative advantage lagos has over those states you mentioned.you don't want to invest that huge and pack up in less than 10years because of this or that.
And what if people state packing out of Lagos cause of the environmental pollution it will cause the people of lagos on the long run

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Flangelo12: 9:20am On May 23, 2023
Mrfeel:

But how about the environmental pollution it will cause in Lagos?

Where should it have be sited?

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Flangelo12: 9:21am On May 23, 2023
Mrfeel:

He should have built it in ondo or ogun since he is afraid of niger delta militants

It won't cause pollution in Ondo?

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Flangelo12: 9:22am On May 23, 2023
Nice2023:

U are making a big sense but the people who are replying u don't even know the implication of pollution in their ecosystem...what they are after is money,food but after all this comes health which money can't buy.

It is a stupid thought.

If it were sited in Ondo state, won't people live there?

The refineries in Warri did not kill people.

8 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Mrfeel: 9:22am On May 23, 2023
thesicilian:

If you are afraid of pollution, are there no humans in those places? Is there any place in this country that the refinery if sited will not still attract large residential populations?
There are less population in other areas besides lagos , with huge Forest and trees to help clean up the air pollution

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Mrfeel: 9:23am On May 23, 2023
Flangelo12:

It won't cause pollution in Ondo?
The population there is not much , plus there are forest with alot of trees there

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Nice2023(m): 9:23am On May 23, 2023
thesicilian:

Yes,u can delineate an area for industrial area specifically for that without human habitation around it.
Go to Niger republic the uranium location is far from human habitation and when I say far,people who work there comes from say Ogun state and the site is in Lagos.

Most refineries in Texas are very far from human habitation,especially because of the incidence of pollution and environmental degradation.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Mrfeel: 9:24am On May 23, 2023
Flangelo12:

It is a stupid thought.

If it were sited in Ondo state, won't people live there?

The refineries in Warri did not kill people.
Is the population in Ondo and warri the same with the one in Lagos?
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Mrfeel: 9:28am On May 23, 2023
Nice2023:

No matter the gain that company will bring to Lagos, The environmental pollution will hit badly

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by beerfraud: 9:30am On May 23, 2023
Mrfeel:

Out of these 3 States you mentioned , ogun and ondo are the best, why small and crowded Lagos that's my question
are u a ibo?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Mrfeel: 9:30am On May 23, 2023
Ingocof:

You can take it to Agulu in Anambra state.
Anambra is too populated for such refinery as well
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Mrfeel: 9:31am On May 23, 2023
beerfraud:
are u a ibo?
Of course I'm igbo from enugu, and my post has nothing to do with tribe

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Flangelo12: 9:31am On May 23, 2023
Mrfeel:

The population there is not much , plus there are forest with alot of trees there

What does population have to do with it?

Won't people work in the refineries?

Won't there be satellite towns and businesses in proximity to the refineries?

Aren't the lives of those in the vicinity not important?

Be truthful, your only purpose for opening the thread is to spread bile over great achievement.

I'm sure you are an Obidient.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Mrfeel: 9:33am On May 23, 2023
Flangelo12:

What does population have to do with it?

Won't people work in the refineries?

Won't there be satellite towns and businesses in proximity to the refineries?

Aren't the lives of those in the vicinity not important?

Be truthful, your only purpose for opening the thread is to spread bile over great achievement.

I'm sure you are an Obidient.
You clearly don't understand this topic I raised , with this comment you just made

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Flangelo12: 9:36am On May 23, 2023
Mrfeel:

Of course I'm igbo from enugu, and my post has nothing to do with tribe

It has a lot to do with your tribe.

You guys think only one way.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Mrfeel: 9:40am On May 23, 2023
Flangelo12:

It has a lot to do with your tribe.

You guys think only one way.
I'm not here to discuss tribe with you

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Akungitit: 9:55am On May 23, 2023
Why?
You want Dangote refinery in Onitsha?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by JaredH: 9:57am On May 23, 2023
because he didn't build it in your polluted ND?
stupid minorities πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Etranshub(m): 10:00am On May 23, 2023
Mrfeel:

He should have built it in ondo or ogun since he is afraid of niger delta militants
btw the current location is just about an hour from Ondo state by bike

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Mrfeel: 10:03am On May 23, 2023
Etranshub:
btw the current location is just about an hour from Ondo state by bike
That's why I said he should have built it in Ondo or ogun instead lagos is too populated and small
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Mrfeel: 10:05am On May 23, 2023
JaredH:
because he didn't build it in your polluted ND?

stupid minorities πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
But the refinery will cause pollution in the small crowned city of lagos

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Nobody: 10:05am On May 23, 2023
Mrfeel:
How about the environmental pollution it will cause in Lagos , is lagos not too small and crowded for such a big refinery ?
I read
Oil refineries emit large amounts of air pollutants such as sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, and particulate matter. These pollutants can cause respiratory problems, including asthma, and increase the risk of heart disease and lung cancer etc i think lagos is too small a crowded for such a big refinery

Your concerns are valid but I am confident the exhaustive environmental impact assessment studies done has taken care of potential problems noted.

Nothing and no one is perfect but big projects like this tend to have very solid, comprehensive and effective EIA reports and it appears the Dangote refinery project does from studies I have read.

The challenge is for relevant agencies to also adhere to guidelines and residential set-back recommendations without allowing corruption compromise their dedication to duty.

The site itself was chosen strategically and carefully as meeting criteria for location of the refinery.

https://businessday.ng/energy/article/residents-face-real-risk-of-living-near-dangote-refinery/

β€œLASEPA needs to ensure that in line with globally accepted environmental standards, residential property developers in Lagos are not allowed to sell properties within a 48-KM radius of the refinery because of gasses like nitrogen oxide, sulphur oxide, carbon monoxide, that can cause respiratory tract infection, bronchitis, pneumonia, nausea,” he said.

To mitigate these environmental effects, refineries can adopt a range of measures such as using cleaner technologies, reducing energy and water consumption, and implementing proper waste management practices. The government can also impose regulations and standards to limit the environmental impact of refineries.

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Mrfeel: 10:06am On May 23, 2023
Akungitit:
Why?
You want Dangote refinery in Onitsha?
Onitsha is next to Lagos when we talk about density population , so no
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Boss469(m): 10:07am On May 23, 2023
Goodlady:

Cos of nearness to the sea which ll aid international movement or oil, it's the best. If he went to Delta or Rivers, established militant base ll disturb him. Now he's to worry about militants that ll migrate to Lagos or those that ll arise in Lagos which can be easily combated.

So where the pipelines connect from?
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Mrfeel: 10:11am On May 23, 2023
Dsalvo:

Your concerns are valid but I am confident the exhaustive environmental impact assessment studies done has taken care of potential problems noted.

Nothing and no one is perfect but big projects like this tend to have very solid, comprehensive and effective EIA reports and it appears the Dangote refinery project does from studies I have read.

The challenge is for relevant agencies to also adhere to guidelines and residential set-back recommendations without allowing corruption compromise their dedication to duty.

The site itself was chosen strategically and carefully as meeting criteria for location of the refinery.

https://businessday.ng/energy/article/residents-face-real-risk-of-living-near-dangote-refinery/

We pray, the refinery doesn't turn to a nightmare for people of Lagos , it's a good development though

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by JOemmy(m): 10:15am On May 23, 2023
Absolutely true come here in warri particular ubeji a town very close to the warri refinery and ask the residents there what they suffered because of air pollution during the time when the refinery was functioning to it's full capacity. You can't even hang ur clothes outside due the black soot emissions that was coming from the nearby refinery. I don't think the siting of the dangote refinery in lagos was actually a well thought out idea Lagos State is too small for such a gigantic mega project people residing in Lagos especially those very close to the refinery will soon start complaining bitterly when the refinery starts operating to it's full capacity.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Etranshub(m): 10:16am On May 23, 2023
Mrfeel:

That's why I said he should have built it in Ondo or ogun instead lagos is too populated and small
that part of lagos is less populated, close to the sea and Ondo state. Although the population is growing rapidly since they started building the refinery

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

See How Nigerians Spend For Christmas / FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder / USSD: NCC Bars Telcos From Charging Customers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.