Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,194 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? (26907 Views)

NMDPRA Denies Approving Import Licence For Dangote / World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC / They Shutdown Ibeto Cement Owned By Igbo Man For Dangote To Dominate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Mrfeel: 1:38pm On May 23, 2023
Originalsly:

Refineries are not usually located close to large residential areas because of the pollutants and their effect on health. In developed countries the EPA is very proactive .. emissions are closely monitored and laws are consistently enforced. What is our track record on pollution? It seems like we as a nation are ignorant of the effects of this kind pollution. When the effects start taking a toll on our health we will either blame village people or the devil. We neither have the capacity to monitor pollutants nor the capacity to manage the consequences.
Exactly my thoughts

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Flangelo12: 1:39pm On May 23, 2023
eroticecstasy:

What about the pipeline supplying crude to the refinery? Isn't it coming from south-south?

You know why it us sited close to a seaport?

Because he can also import crude.
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Kukutenla: 1:40pm On May 23, 2023
Dsalvo:

Whatever. We all have opinions. Reality is what matters.
Exactly. Opinions based on lies and propaganda are lies themselves and not reality. Turning a governor of a state to a houseboy is not a model for development. The governor should answer to the people who elected him and not some shadowy characters under a funny name.
It's also funny you claim buhari failed because there's no "PAC" to keep him in check. Are you by any means implying after Tinubu spends eight years if God wills, he'll institute PAC to control the next president? What a joke!!
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 23, 2023
JDistribute:

Keep your cynism and negative perspectives to yourself. Lagos always welcomes development. Indeed, it is a plus for Lagos that Dangote refinery is opening another Real estate frontier in that axis. Your mind seems myopic laced with bias.

Lawd. Some Nigerians are such frustrated, bitter, uncouth and feudally aggresive people who just attack others without even engaging their brain.

Did you miss the part below in my post that you quoted?

Try and find ways to be happy and fulfilled in your life instead of being a bitter and toxic animal-like creature ready to attack before even reading a post to the end.

Haven said all that, it is still a great, visionary and much needed project that I expect to be a "game changer" for Nigeria given that it will be run by one of the most successful and dedicated businessman Nigeria has ever produced.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by babz11(m): 1:44pm On May 23, 2023
Mrfeel:

He should have built it in ondo or ogun since he is afraid of niger delta militants

I think the militant can penetrate ondo border they share borders, and I heard rumor that ondo governor deny the offer because of self interest

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 23, 2023
Dsalvo:

Lawd. Some Nigerians are such frustrated, bitter, uncouth and feudally aggresive people who just attack others without even engaging their brain.

Did you miss the part below in my post that you quoted?

Try and find ways to be happy and fulfilled in your life instead of being a bitter and toxic animal-like creature ready to attack before even reading a post to the end.

Keep your negativity and bad belle to yourself, or go and die.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 23, 2023
Kukutenla:

Exactly. Opinions based on lies and propaganda are lies themselves and not reality. Turning a governor of a state to a houseboy is not a model for development. The governor should answer to the people who elected him and not some shadowy characters under a funny name.
It's also funny you claim buhari failed because there's no "PAC" to keep him in check. Are you by any means implying after Tinubu spends eight years if God wills, he'll institute PAC to control the next president? What a joke!!

Lol. Just realised I am talking to an Obidient.

Anger, insultive demeanour, terrorist and fundamentlist stance, uncouth behavior and unreasonable mindset comes with the territory. Adieu.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Kukutenla: 1:53pm On May 23, 2023
Dsalvo:

Lol. Just realised I am talking to an Obidient.

Anger, insultive demeanour, terrorist and fundamentlist stance, uncouth behavior and unreasonable mindset comes with the territory. Adieu.
Yeah. Run away with your tails between your legs after you've been caught asslicking.
Point out the anger, insult and unreasonable mindset.
Fact is, your bombastic posts do not stand up to reasoning and basic logic if interrogated properly.
That's why you have to resort to the gutter behavior of stereotyping and crude labeling to get out of this one.
Bye
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by baby124: 2:00pm On May 23, 2023
babz11:

I think the militant can penetrate ondo border they share borders, and I heard rumor that ondo governor deny the offer because of self interest
Ondo Government declined the offer because they were smart. It’s not selfish interest. I am Lagosian and completely against this! It is absolutely the wrong location for a refinery. Many will die from pollutants and cancer. Dangote that has not been ever held accountable for his trucks killing people is who you expect will be held accountable when his refineries start killing Lagosians. It’s not every money you collect! Where are the competent bodies in Nigeria to regulate Dangote’s operations? At the end of the day this refinery will cause very big fight with the communities around that even Dangote will run. Life and safety of the people is more important than any money. Kano is safe and has a lot of desert land he should have put it there.

4 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by ameristu: 2:13pm On May 23, 2023
Mrfeel:
How about the environmental pollution it will cause in Lagos , is lagos not too small and crowded for such a big refinery?

I read:
Oil refineries emit large amounts of air pollutants such as sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, and particulate matter. These pollutants can cause respiratory problems, including asthma, and increase the risk of heart disease and lung cancer etc i think lagos is too small and crowded for such a big refinery

Stop reading.
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by ishie148(m): 2:18pm On May 23, 2023
When all the company in south south and south east are leaving the region, why will dangote established a refinery in that regions, The south west is not bad,
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by SmartyPants(m): 2:34pm On May 23, 2023
lexy2014:

1. Good. So where is that "similar concept" in okpella?

2. You don't know his reasoning but you were emphatic when you it was because of LFTZ that Dangote chose Lagos over other locations. If u didn't know his reasoning, why were you emphatic?

3. No number 3 has nothing to do with number 2. If Dangote was strictly looking for an FTZ, why was he in Ondo and Ogun before he came to Lagos to site his refinery? If there was no LFTZ in Lagos, would Dangote not have sited his refinery in Lagos? Was LFTZ his first choice?

1. Tax breaks, and discounted land.

2. HE SAID SO HIMSELF - how many times should I repeat this?

3. Again, I don't know all the factors he considered. What I know is that HE SAID THE LFTZ was the reason they were there

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by 1Dray(m): 2:39pm On May 23, 2023
Goodlady:

The profit ll over whelm the disadvantages.

When your men start have weak erections or low libido don't blame them. Go and ask women that reside around Kaduna refinery, how their husbands fared in bed.
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by remsonik(f): 2:41pm On May 23, 2023
Lagosians don't take the right steps and are only after the huge returns on investment. People living in ibeju-lekki axis will not enjoy that refinery there. A lot of people will move there for jobs, businesses and to make money and will put themselves in ill health and terminal diseases. Ondo state is wiser. Money alone is not wealth but to be in good health and be successful
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by ttmax09(m): 2:45pm On May 23, 2023
Basic123:

MIMIKO chased him from ONDO.

It pained me!
I have disliked mimiko ever since I heard about it.

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by ttmax09(m): 2:48pm On May 23, 2023
Mrfeel:

Why not akwa ibom , Ondo or ogun?
BUA is building his in akwa ibom

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Boss469(m): 2:51pm On May 23, 2023
Goodlady:

Did you read my points? Those areas are militant infested.

Make thunder fire you with ya militant infested. Lagos no be bigots infested area?

Abi lagos safe pass akwa ibom or any state for south west?
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Wodu89: 2:52pm On May 23, 2023
Nice2023:

Yes,u can delineate an area for industrial area specifically for that without human habitation around it.
Go to Niger,the uranium location is far from human habitation and when I say far,people who work there comes from say Ogun state and the site is in Lagos.

Most refineries in Texas are very far from human habitation,especially because of the incidence of pollution and environmental degradation.

Brilliant mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by lexy2014: 2:52pm On May 23, 2023
SmartyPants:

1. Tax breaks, and discounted land.

2. HE SAID SO HIMSELF - how many times should I repeat this?

3. Again, I don't know all the factors he considered. What I know is that HE SAID THE LFTZ was the reason they were there

1. Now you are saying things emphatically. When I ask you questions, you will say u don't know the reasoning behind it. Which tax breaks and discounted land is Edo state govt giving at okpella?

2. Same thing we are saying. You insist you said so himself but you also said you don't know the reasoning behind what he said. How do I take your claim serious?

3. If you don't know all the factors, how then are you definitely sure that he located his refinery in Lagos over other locations strictly because of LFTZ? Is Lagos the only place in Nigeria with an FTZ?
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by udemzeus(m): 3:02pm On May 23, 2023
Yes it's the best cos it's has access to the Sea, anywhere in the SS SE also can be a good place for a refinery too.
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by plumcomm: 3:03pm On May 23, 2023
Styluss:
Why cant you engage in normal sensible conversation devoid of sentiments? why are most of you just plainly Stuppiid?
who is this one?...if we check,na one useless tecno phone he dey take mention me. Inconsequential numbskull.
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Wodu89: 3:25pm On May 23, 2023
Abagworo:
The best place is Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta , Akwaibom, Edo, Imo or Abia State. The refinery would have been closest to source of crude and still have enough space but Nigeria is a cruise country.

Hence Abdul Rahman chose Akwa Ibom. Excellent decision
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by MasterTeeUSA: 3:26pm On May 23, 2023
You clearly didn't read that this is by far the most advanced refinery in the world with Sulphur, Phosphate capture...which eliminates green house emissions. Even the gas would be used to generate 12,000MW of Electricity to power the SW corridor. Aint you surprised no one is speaking about your emission complaints? Because the answers are already there in the open for those that chooses to read and not peddle conspiracies.

Just to add to it...the amount of emissions needed to ship crude oil in and out of Nigeria...will be eliminated as well, and the time wasted in the downstream sectors, lining up for gasoline...and all the population that comes with that too.

Mrfeel:
How about the environmental pollution it will cause in Lagos , is lagos not too small and crowded for such a big refinery?

I read:
Oil refineries emit large amounts of air pollutants such as sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, and particulate matter. These pollutants can cause respiratory problems, including asthma, and increase the risk of heart disease and lung cancer etc i think lagos is too small and crowded for such a big refinery

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Wodu89: 3:27pm On May 23, 2023
Kobicove:

I don't agree with you that the redinery will fail.

When siting such a massive project you have only 2 choices - Build it close to the source of raw materials or build it close to the major market.

They chose to build it close to the market possibly because of the restiveness in the Niger Delta region which is the location of the raw materials.

Apart from the problem of air pollution which will affect only the immediate area in Ibeju-Lekki I do not see any other major issue

Salarushdie is hard wrong on issues and one of the best brains the continent has.

In simple terms, SalamRushDie is saying there are so many variables that may cause it to fail at some point because of the vastness of the project and because of the strict supervision that is needed to monitor the entire circuit board. If at any point supervision fails on any level, it would be damaged

That's what he says. Unless one is God, the magnitude makes it destined for failure ultimately. Yes it will.blossom.on it's opening years because of the initial thrill. But the vastness will overwhelmed supervisory oversight of all proponents.of the project..Hence SalamRushDie is speaking like a.sage with 5-25 years vision to see ilirs ultimate end. Hence, it's destined to self destruct and fail.

The only option is if massive supervisory budget is created to create a supervision army around it along it's entire length and breadth

I stand to be corrected.
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 3:29pm On May 23, 2023
Mrfeel:

This overwhelming profit you talk about , it's worth the pollution of the most populated city in Nigeria?

the people from Lagos should depopulate to other states. It's as simple as that. I don't know why some of you are bringing one excuse or the other just to discredit the Dangote Refinery.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Wodu89: 3:32pm On May 23, 2023
sanya4good:
The refinery will produce near zero environmental damage, all constituents of crude oil are to be refined out including sulphur and nitrogen oxide which are to be used in the urea fertiliser plant nearby.

And the heat ?
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 3:32pm On May 23, 2023
Wodu89:

Salarushdie is hard wrong on issues and one of the best brains the continent has.

In simple terms, SalamRushDie is saying there are so many variables that may cause it to fail at some point because of the vastness of the project and because of the strict supervision that is needed to monitor the entire circuit board. If at any point supervision fails on any level, it would be damaged

That's what he says.
the Nigerian mentality. Always want to be negative. Dangote will employ expertriate from China, India and other countries that are positive minded and hard-working instead of Nigerians that always want to sabotage any good effort. A loss to Nigerians, na una cause am. Isssssh!

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by engrchykae(m): 3:33pm On May 23, 2023
Mrfeel:

But how about the environmental pollution it will cause in Lagos?
The company will settle Oba and the likes of Tinubu and all will be fine,at least some people will have a chance to understand what nigerdelta people have been lamenting about
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Styluss: 3:33pm On May 23, 2023
Lol, this one na mumu o, you think everyone is a riff raff like you? and what difference does it make if I use tecno phone to comment? You are just proofing to be Stuppiiidd more and more. Ode oshi
plumcomm:
who is this one?...if we check,na one useless tecno phone he dey take mention me. Inconsequential numbskull.

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Wodu89: 3:34pm On May 23, 2023
CyracksMrBlogger:
the Nigerian mentality. Always want to be negative. Dangote will employ expertriate from China, India and other countries that are positive minded and hard-working instead of Nigerians that always want to sabotage any good effort. A loss to Nigerians, na una cause am. Isssssh!

I explained the position of another person to another without adding much personal input.

Typical Nigerian attitude to fight contrary opinion

Get lost
Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 3:36pm On May 23, 2023
1Dray:

When your men start have weak erections or low libido don't blame them. Go and ask women that reside around Kaduna refinery, how their husbands fared in bed.
Kaduna refinery that has not been in operation? 🤣🤣🤣 Hear yourself

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? by Goodlady(f): 3:37pm On May 23, 2023
Boss469:

Make thunder fire you with ya militant infested. Lagos no be bigots infested area?

Abi lagos safe pass akwa ibom or any state for south west?
Go and call thunder. Am sure thunder sef get sense pass you and it ll rather fire you for becoming daft!
Akwa Ibom is militant area too.
Moreso, you can't compare the international prospect Lagos enjoy to anywhere in south west or any other state. Your Apa-Ibom cos that's how it sounds was rejected for technical reasons. If you are pained, but suya, eat the meat and pour the pepper into your eyes.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt / CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 / Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.