Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,942 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) (46775 Views)

My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! / Who Knows This Street In Iyana Ipaja? / Erosion: Houses In Buzugbe Street In Delta Set To Collapse, Residents Cry Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by mariahAngel(f): 8:01pm On May 23, 2023
Chifriend:
So I recently packed into this street in the heart of Calabar called Mekenge Layout and I have noticed something unique.

Since Water Board stopped functioning in the state, water has been a challenge to the residents of Calabar. This has made many resort to digging personal borehole for private use.

In other houses that do not have borehole, access to water remains a huge challenge to them.

The compound I recently packed into is just a single room with no water. So sourcing for water is still a challenge to us without borehole.

However, while majority of the compounds are upstairs (big houses) and have borehole, none of them care to remember those who don't have. An exception to this is a bungalow (a small house) who decided to give out the water generally and FREELY to anyone who needs it.

This amazes me a lot and show me a great lesson to learn.

It simply tells me that to give is not by having it all before you can give.

It shows even when you have it all, you may not still give.

It also shows that who may help you in life might not be the richest person, but he who is willing to help you.

There is even a hotel in the same street but the hotel don't give water. This could have at least formed part of their corporate social responsibilities, but they don't.

This should be a lesson to you that who will help you in this life might not be who has it all.

What is your take on this?

Picture 1 & 2 - showing showing houses in the street.

Sukkot, come read an example of what I was trying to make you understand the other day about help.
Anybody can give/receive help to/from anybody, regardless.
One would never know what they might need in life.

1 Like

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Jubilancy(f): 8:04pm On May 23, 2023
I love the post, but c’mon it’s not fair to take pictures of people’s buildings and post on the net! It is wrong, or what do you think?

3 Likes

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by blowjohn(m): 8:05pm On May 23, 2023
Okiton:
cheesy
Calabar na city unlike one flooded City one Chicago drug lord built

Nothing dey calabar.

Nothing.

5 Likes

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Kutunban: 8:05pm On May 23, 2023
They have reasons why they stop or don't give out water. Don't be entitled, they could be charitable in other things you don't know. Pray to be rich so you can help people with water too.

7 Likes

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Pascaldebravoo: 8:06pm On May 23, 2023
Chifriend:
So I recently packed into this street in the heart of Calabar called Mekenge Layout and I have noticed something unique.

Since Water Board stopped functioning in the state, water has been a challenge to the residents of Calabar. This has made many resort to digging personal borehole for private use.

In other houses that do not have borehole, access to water remains a huge challenge to them.

The compound I recently packed into is just a single room with no water. So sourcing for water is still a challenge to us without borehole.

However, while majority of the compounds are upstairs (big houses) and have borehole, none of them care to remember those who don't have. An exception to this is a bungalow (a small house) who decided to give out the water generally and FREELY to anyone who needs it.

It also shows that who may help you in life might not be the richest person, but he who is willing to help you.

There is even a hotel in the same street but the hotel don't give water. This could have at least formed part of their corporate social responsibilities, but they don't.

This should be a lesson to you that who will help you in this life might not be who has it all.

This justifies my philosophy that says that giving is not about how much u have but how willing u are to give from the little u have.

8 Likes

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by leisuretym: 8:07pm On May 23, 2023
I never knew Calabar is fine like this, I use to think it’s a city with dogs on the streets

op, go to that house 🏡, go and ask the owner how much he want to sell it, I can buy it and give you two bedrooms to stay there
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Brushstrokes20: 8:07pm On May 23, 2023
Good observation / LIFE LESSONS!
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Illegal1(m): 8:09pm On May 23, 2023
castrokins:
Beht Why You Go Stay For Single Room?
Omoh......The guy no wn do pass himslf.
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by fabolouz1(m): 8:09pm On May 23, 2023
During the administration of Mr Donald duke & Liyel imoke, calabar used to be clean & green and where fun seekers look forward to visiting but sadly The present government has turned the state capital into a pile of rubbish and the city has lost her pull factor .
During my sojourn there I noticed that no matter how resplendent houses look ,they still sell water and no one gave it free, even churches were selling water.

5 Likes

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by mariahAngel(f): 8:10pm On May 23, 2023
leisuretym:
I never knew Calabar is fine like this, I use to think it’s a city with dogs on the streets

I don't know about Calabar, but I really really like Akwa-Ibom.
The green scenery is just pleasantly beautiful.

2 Likes

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Acidosis(m): 8:10pm On May 23, 2023
If the hotel decides to give everyone water, how will you guys remember to protest and demand what belongs to you from the government? You see, we Nigerians have a problem to be honest. Na like this we always tolerate the failure of those we appointed into office.

By the way, you have no right whatsoever to post these pictures. They have done nothing to you. Na government rob you, not your neighbours.

9 Likes

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Itsernie: 8:12pm On May 23, 2023
Wow! A nairalander in Calabar! Please let's link up
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by spencekat(m): 8:12pm On May 23, 2023
Mindlog:
Na government suppose make sure there is functional water supply system in the city.
Ayade killed the water board scheme

3 Likes

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by spencekat(m): 8:12pm On May 23, 2023
shininglight78:
Mekenge Layout. Home to Okpo Records. Sweeeeeet.
Behind Apples
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by udemejack(m): 8:13pm On May 23, 2023
I used to work in that hotel,and is owned by one of the most famous lawyers in calabar based in Abuja. Before they used to give water when I was there few years ago before the man later leased out the place.

4 Likes

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Acidosis(m): 8:13pm On May 23, 2023
leisuretym:

I'm sure you live in Lagos. Na like this many of una take dey reason.

Travel, travel, travel.

6 Likes

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by phorget(m): 8:16pm On May 23, 2023
merit455:
My friend,Cross Riverian are the most friendly people u will ever see. Stop writing rubbish

Common water they cannot give, How will they now give something uncommon?...
Thuse ones wont even give their lives to Jesus Christ.

undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by beebello(m): 8:17pm On May 23, 2023
Omo what is new about this act of kindness and charity. This is very common here in kano. On my street alone, we have 4 neighbors with boreholes servicing the area. One even uses generator for 4 hours at night during extreme power outage.

Chifriend:

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by vivalavida(m): 8:18pm On May 23, 2023
So water no longer runs in calabar?
This is one state I knew had a working water corporation. Was there last in 2013 and water was running then. Each house had a tap and was metered for water.

3 Likes

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by NuCypher: 8:20pm On May 23, 2023
Chifriend:

I hope you'll understand nobody owes you anything. Even the hotel doesn't owe you anything. If anyone gives you water, then that'll all good. If they don't, don't act like you deserve it.

1 Like

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by IgboSomalia: 8:23pm On May 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, exactly why did you create this thread abeg? So we know that one house on your block gives out water for free? Or to incense people against the water board? Or is it to force people to open their water source to public access? undecidedOk, so what is it that you learned from them? undecided

You never get tired of asking foolish questions.

6 Likes

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by martinz1: 8:25pm On May 23, 2023
Nice
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by CHIOMAEZEH: 8:25pm On May 23, 2023
Na poor man dey give pass.... Rich man will rather the thing spoils in his store than give out...

1 Like

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by StormpyBee: 8:31pm On May 23, 2023
[left][/left]
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Styluss: 8:31pm On May 23, 2023
In my street, every house who is opportuned to have borehole are obliged to fix a tap outside for everyone, it is recommended for all
Chifriend:

2 Likes

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by TheZooHasFalln: 8:32pm On May 23, 2023
chukkystar:
Some people are afraid of doing this for security reasons. U no know who dey come Ur House in the guise of fetching water
oga forget that thing... Those that are giving people water does not have them into their bedroom, they make the provision outside their houses. It's common and normal for those who God blessed with access to borehole to consider those who could not around them. It's simply stinginess or even wickedness not to help with what you have infinitely in abundance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by spagettiluv: 8:34pm On May 23, 2023
Okiton:
cheesy
Calabar na city unlike one flooded City one Chicago drug lord built
you mean this war torn city?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:35pm On May 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, exactly why did you create this thread abeg? So we know that one house on your block gives out water for free? Or to incense people against the water board? Or is it to force people to open their water source to public access? undecidedOk, so what is it that you learned from them? undecided

Your problems are bigger than Nairaland can remedy. I’m still a fan though

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 / Electrified Mud House Commissioned In African Country (Photos) / My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.