Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,966 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) (46776 Views)

My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! / Who Knows This Street In Iyana Ipaja? / Erosion: Houses In Buzugbe Street In Delta Set To Collapse, Residents Cry Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by eroticecstasy: 10:39pm On May 23, 2023
It's very common there and some places in Akwa Ibom
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Goalnaldo(m): 10:43pm On May 23, 2023
Nemesis0147:
Op avoid this woman
Unless you are ready for a serious question and answer this night
as i just see her comment my mood just turn sour. Na christian threads you go see her wella
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Chifriend(m): 10:50pm On May 23, 2023
emmy512:
If I speak my mind for this thread everybody weh sabi this area go recognize me

Who goes you? Identify yourself for area.
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Goalnaldo(m): 10:52pm On May 23, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

Your problems are bigger than Nairaland can remedy. I’m still a fan though
are you sure she isnt kemi ololunye?

2 Likes

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Okechinwadike: 10:55pm On May 23, 2023
wait oooo, does it means other states can't be like this?
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Arisenews2: 11:04pm On May 23, 2023
beebello:
Omo what is new about this act of kindness and charity. This is very common here in kano. On my street alone, we have 4 neighbors with boreholes servicing the area. One even uses generator for 4 hours at night during extreme power outage.

Giving of free water is very common in the North, unlike in the South!
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Rach310(f): 11:19pm On May 23, 2023
It's really annoying you'll see landlords with houses and other rental properties taking ten ten Naira for water and you wonder what is wrong with them,I believe there are good Cross Riverians but the few I've seen are quite stingy.
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by 9jaRealist: 1:11am On May 24, 2023
Chifriend:
So I recently packed into this street in the heart of Calabar called Mekenge Layout and I have noticed something unique.

Since Water Board stopped functioning in the state, water has been a challenge to the residents of Calabar. This has made many resort to digging personal borehole for private use.

In other houses that do not have borehole, access to water remains a huge challenge to them.

The compound I recently packed into is just a single room with no water. So sourcing for water is still a challenge to us without borehole.

However, while majority of the compounds are upstairs (big houses) and have borehole, none of them care to remember those who don't have. An exception to this is a bungalow (a small house) who decided to give out the water generally and FREELY to anyone who needs it.

This amazes me a lot and show me a great lesson to learn.

It simply tells me that to give is not by having it all before you can give.

It shows even when you have it all, you may not still give.

It also shows that who may help you in life might not be the richest person, but he who is willing to help you.

There is even a hotel in the same street but the hotel don't give water. This could have at least formed part of their corporate social responsibilities, but they don't.

This should be a lesson to you that who will help you in this life might not be who has it all.

What is your take on this?

Picture 1 & 2 - showing showing houses in the street.
Guyman01:
Even in my family I see relatives talking about how this person's husband owns a big hotel in Akure and that cousin works in Shell and Chevron etc but when we need money to solve family issues such as a sick relation in hospital they won't contribute a dime or grudgingly send very paltry sums.

But you see some very few struggling and even doing menial jobs contributing freely from the little they have to salvage a critical situation. These are the people that deserve my respect these days.

I have come to realise that Giving is an art that comes from special grace from above

Perhaps because I didn’t grow up in Nigeria…
The CULTURE OF ENTITLEMENT among most Nigerians still befuddles me.

Sadly, that’s why many Nigerians rarely (if ever) show appreciation when helped - they believe they DESERVE it! SMH

>

1 Like

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by kingsley724(m): 1:15am On May 24, 2023
chukkystar:
Some people are afraid of doing this for security reasons. U no know who dey come Ur House in the guise of fetching water
shut up! No be to bring out one tap outside! Wicked and selfish people. God will judge all of una
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by tofolo(m): 4:55am On May 24, 2023
Earlystar698:
Girls go plenty there like crazy
😉
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Dzzzz: 5:12am On May 24, 2023
Looks like satellite town
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Mummyimbecile(m): 5:47am On May 24, 2023
I've said it before, it's not a man with a large pocket, but it's a man with a large heart.
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by drphantom: 6:08am On May 24, 2023
I learnt a long time ago to NEVER pass judgment on the spending habits and practices of someone I see externally to be doing better than me.

We often expect these people to be financially better off but the reality is that we are simply not in their shoes.

Live and let live.

Solve your own problems and don't expect someone else to do it for you. If some else does, consider it a blessing and appreciate as such. It is not a right.

We are not there to see that rich man or rich relative service loans and obligations we don't know about.

We are not there to know how many other people have come to them for financial assistance that week alone.

We don't know what their take home is at the end of the day after helping other people we don't know about.

What ever the case may be, how they choose to live their life and spend their money is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS.

To think otherwise is, in reality, to have an entitlement mentality over another man's property.

Ironically, if this was Lagos and th3 state government decides one day to enforce the law against digging borehole, will the community come and help him pay the fine or address the matter in court?

We can be so hypocritical without realizing it

Chifriend:
So I recently packed into this street in the heart of Calabar called Mekenge Layout and I have noticed something unique.

Since Water Board stopped functioning in the state, water has been a challenge to the residents of Calabar. This has made many resort to digging personal borehole for private use.

In other houses that do not have borehole, access to water remains a huge challenge to them.

The compound I recently packed into is just a single room with no water. So sourcing for water is still a challenge to us without borehole.

However, while majority of the compounds are upstairs (big houses) and have borehole, none of them care to remember those who don't have. An exception to this is a bungalow (a small house) who decided to give out the water generally and FREELY to anyone who needs it.

It also shows that who may help you in life might not be the richest person, but he who is willing to help you.

There is even a hotel in the same street but the hotel don't give water. This could have at least formed part of their corporate social responsibilities, but they don't.

This should be a lesson to you that who will help you in this life might not be who has it all.

2 Likes

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by obinoral1179(m): 6:23am On May 24, 2023
Okiton:
cheesy
Calabar na city unlike one flooded City one Chicago drug lord built
Calabar can only be compare to Ikeja city alone not the whole Lagos....
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Lyricalz01: 6:31am On May 24, 2023
It may be for the reason that, those big houses and the hotel don't have enough storage to carter for the occupants yet alone giving out to public. Some of those houses share who will take responsibility for pumping water especially when using prepaid meter.

1 Like

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Itsernie: 6:46am On May 24, 2023
merit455:
My friend,Cross Riverian are the most friendly people u will ever see. Stop writing rubbish

Likeeee
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Caseless: 7:07am On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, exactly why did you create this thread abeg? So we know that one house on your block gives out water for free? Or to incense people against the water board? Or is it to force people to open their water source to public access? undecidedOk, so what is it that you learned from them? undecided
Don't you know how to read to deduce the lesson in what he wrote that you're still asking?
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Caseless: 7:11am On May 24, 2023
Chifriend:

In the north, it seems there's an unwritten law that says once you have borehole in your house, you extend it outside for others to fetch- those who don't have. I think it's in the south everyone sells water once it's extended outside.

God bless the house that gives you people water.
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by BigBen23(m): 7:47am On May 24, 2023
Chifriend:

When Portable tell you say who go help you no go stress you, you think he was on Colos

1 Like

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by AstrologyGuru: 7:52am On May 24, 2023
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Tonytonex(m): 8:07am On May 24, 2023
Chifriend:
Pics

Pictures 4&5, showing the water taps and the bungalow compound.
in my area there are free water from bh in almost every street
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by chukkystar(m): 8:12am On May 24, 2023
kingsley724:
shut up! No be to bring out one tap outside! Wicked and selfish people. God will judge all of una
poverty don finish this one, I no get House wey get Borehole ooo 😂😂😂.. U wey no get people wey poor pass U, U no help U dey face rich people maybe na why God never Bless U. When U get Ur money do what U want with it man
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by GoWithGood: 8:25am On May 24, 2023
9jaRealist:

Perhaps because I didn’t grow up in Nigeria…
The CULTURE OF ENTITLEMENT among most Nigerians still befuddles me.

Sadly, that’s why many Nigerians rarely (if ever) show appreciation when helped - they believe they DESERVE it! SMH

>

Some is not actually sense of entitlement, but show of kindness. Like he said, how can a family member be sick and need help and you have the capacity to help but refuses to. If eventually the same person dies, you will come and shed fake tears. Please try and separate entitlement from "doing good".

2 Likes

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by ComeToJesus: 8:34am On May 24, 2023
In the Donald Duke / Liyel Imoke days in power in this same Cross River, I visited this same Calabar and was highly impressed to see metered water connections into homes. The water board guys come around every month to take readings from the meter buried underground and give out bills.

It was such a beautiful thing. Mark you, it was potable water that required no further treatment before drinking. It had been treated at source. Last time I visited, I asked why there isn't water flowing from the taps, I was told it's been years since the tap got dried up. No more supply from water board. I almost shedded tears at the ruin and decline of a town that offered so much promise. Nigerian politicians ought to be tied to stakes and shot dead in the presence of all the oppressed and deprived people.. All of them.

The moment the stunted growth Professor Scammer with Qabalistic Densification budge entered, a once beautiful tourist attraction site has been reduced to a shanty town.

Tinapa, Obudu ranch are now lying prostate.

APC destroys anything they come in contact.

Terribly sad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by imagrg(m): 8:46am On May 24, 2023
Most people in the country enjoy seeing others begging. No one cares a hute for his or her neighbour who is in distress.

Traders hike prices of goods to make huge profits and make others suffer.

Fraudsters too deny people of their hard-earned savings to enable them live in luxury.

Too many evils need to be corrected in the country.
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by JayArmaniGozman: 9:06am On May 24, 2023
Kudos.....

Calabar is fine
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by themanderon: 9:13am On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, exactly why did you create this thread abeg? So we know that one house on your block gives out water for free? Or to incense people against the water board? Or is it to force people to open their water source to public access? undecidedOk, so what is it that you learned from them? undecided

He has learnt and he put it here for others to learn so if you have not learnt anything why not read and move along? Or better still skip the thread and go to others that would interest you? You must really be a problematic person in real life from your comments on this forum. Always sitting on your high horse to look down on others as if you know all about life. People learn from the little things of life. Things you may not see because maybe you are too blind to see them.

NB: @op those people may not be too pleased with you posting pictures of their houses online.
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Pharaoh4rin(m): 10:41am On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Exactly my thoughts. Why this thread?
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Chibuezem(m): 10:42am On May 24, 2023
Chifriend:

Nigerians and entitlement mentality eh...... Why not grill the federal government for not providing mere social amenities?

1 Like

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Fame1309(f): 11:47am On May 24, 2023
Those big houses you see,not that they are wicked the way you painted it, just that their attention has not come to the reality that people can lack water.for me I will advice if you are a plumber make it known to your client,if they buy the idea, then make the provision for outside tap.
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Cantonese: 12:31pm On May 24, 2023
Until some of una go dey kill una sef with the free water wey dem give una. Queues go long from here to Jericho. Na there una go dey abuse una sef with family join. Na there some of una go seize the tap, so tay una go take una hand spoil the tap join.

Nigerians love poverty. Rather than accuse the water board of their failure, na people wey instal their boreholes for their own houses una dey face.

When una dey vote, make una dey make wise decisions. Calabar used to be the cleanest city in Nigeria. The story changed under Ayade. Dem take carnivals confuse una. Now una dey lament sa no water. No be only water sef, na konkere una for dey find.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 / Electrified Mud House Commissioned In African Country (Photos) / My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.