Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) (46773 Views)

My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! / Who Knows This Street In Iyana Ipaja? / Erosion: Houses In Buzugbe Street In Delta Set To Collapse, Residents Cry Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Chetas81(m): 8:35pm On May 23, 2023
What are you insinuating
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by yusluvad(m): 8:35pm On May 23, 2023
Not bad... cool cool
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:38pm On May 23, 2023
chukkystar:
Some people are afraid of doing this for security reasons. U no know who dey come Ur House in the guise of fetching water

The taps are outside the house
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by zoedew: 8:39pm On May 23, 2023
Chifriend:
So I recently packed into this street in the heart of Calabar called Mekenge Layout and I have noticed something unique.

Since Water Board stopped functioning in the state, water has been a challenge to the residents of Calabar. This has made many resort to digging personal borehole for private use.

In other houses that do not have borehole, access to water remains a huge challenge to them.

The compound I recently packed into is just a single room with no water. So sourcing for water is still a challenge to us without borehole.

However, while majority of the compounds are upstairs (big houses) and have borehole, none of them care to remember those who don't have. An exception to this is a bungalow (a small house) who decided to give out the water generally and FREELY to anyone who needs it.

This amazes me a lot and show me a great lesson to learn.

It simply tells me that to give is not by having it all before you can give.

It shows even when you have it all, you may not still give.

It also shows that who may help you in life might not be the richest person, but he who is willing to help you.

There is even a hotel in the same street but the hotel don't give water. This could have at least formed part of their corporate social responsibilities, but they don't.

This should be a lesson to you that who will help you in this life might not be who has it all.

What is your take on this?

Picture 1 & 2 - showing showing houses in the street.
Who keeps what he ought to give away to others will have trouble keeping it. Unknown to such people borehole water must find regular water expression in terms of usage and flow of the water otherwise it begins to smell! Watch out for mansions where they keep,the water to themselves and have just about 5 persons living there: the water smells👎🏿

1 Like

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by baralatie(m): 8:44pm On May 23, 2023
ednut1:
You cannot just take pictures of people’s houses and put on the internet
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by kunle75(m): 8:45pm On May 23, 2023
Chifriend:
Picture 5&6 - Overhead tanks in the compounds.

I once served and lived in the layout many years ago.
There is a private school besides an eatry called crunches I didn't know if they still exist.
That area is such a beautiful place with some beautiful uncal students too

1 Like

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by texannaija: 8:51pm On May 23, 2023
CHIOMAEZEH:
Na poor man dey give pass.... Rich man will rather the thing spoils in his store than give out...

Na lie. Don’t generalise!.

Stingy poor man dey… Stingy rich man dey.
Poor man wey dey give dey… Rich man wey dey give dey!!!.

1 Like

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:53pm On May 23, 2023
Na sell dem dey sell water for Calabar...
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Cassandraloius: 8:58pm On May 23, 2023
You see light and water, good road network, those are the most important things when looking for house, no matter what, it's simply the best. No time for stress. smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by MrKings1(m): 8:59pm On May 23, 2023
Chifriend:
So I recently packed into this street in the heart of Calabar called Mekenge Layout and I have noticed something unique.

Since Water Board stopped functioning in the state, water has been a challenge to the residents of Calabar. This has made many resort to digging personal borehole for private use.

In other houses that do not have borehole, access to water remains a huge challenge to them.

The compound I recently packed into is just a single room with no water. So sourcing for water is still a challenge to us without borehole.

However, while majority of the compounds are upstairs (big houses) and have borehole, none of them care to remember those who don't have. An exception to this is a bungalow (a small house) who decided to give out the water generally and FREELY to anyone who needs it.

It also shows that who may help you in life might not be the richest person, but he who is willing to help you.

There is even a hotel in the same street but the hotel don't give water. This could have at least formed part of their corporate social responsibilities, but they don't.

This should be a lesson to you that who will help you in this life might not be who has it all.

Such is life i think i know de hotel behind crunches at marian road.

1 Like

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Katcall: 9:00pm On May 23, 2023
Earlystar698:
Girls go plenty there like crazy
you sabi any calabar gal wey sabi suck and ride?

1 Like

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Watinhapen(m): 9:00pm On May 23, 2023
Why did you rent a house without water? Didn’t you know that there was no water in the compound? You don’t expect people to just open their gates for strangers to come in all in the name of being good. Strangers can enter a compound to monitor the compound and steal all in the name of fetching water. Take for example the compound where I live, we used to allow people enter the compound to fetch water, before we know it people started stealing in the compound. We had to stopped people from fetching water and since then no issue of stealing anymore.

2 Likes

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Reckonsoft: 9:00pm On May 23, 2023
We recently move to a new place and just behind us,there is a tap and we all go to fetch water without paying a dime whenever there is no light to pump. This amaze too well, I remember telling my dad about it, during one of our conversations on phone. this has save us severally. Some persons can be kind.

2 Likes

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Katcall: 9:02pm On May 23, 2023
maureensylvia:
Reading
sexy sylvia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Earlystar698(m): 9:07pm On May 23, 2023
Katcall:
you sabi any calabar gal wey sabi suck and ride?

Me wey dey lag cheesy
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Ate247(m): 9:23pm On May 23, 2023
ednut1:
You cannot just take pictures of people’s houses and put on the internet
the op no just get sense. To him he's emotional about it. Go check maybe that borehole dey bypass PHED
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by seanwilliam(m): 9:24pm On May 23, 2023
Nemesis0147:
Op avoid this woman
Unless you are ready for a serious question and answer this night

as I see your moniker , I don laugh scatter, na you fit that kobojunkie. Na u be the nemesis wey go catch up with am grin

2 Likes

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Britishcoins(m): 9:25pm On May 23, 2023
I love giving too and it has been helping me... Recently I am building a small house I have already spent money giving access water to neighbours... Even though I am not the same tribe but I want to give out water to those who need it...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Justiceleague1: 9:30pm On May 23, 2023
You better be careful how you post other people's home/business pictures online....better mind your business.

Been sailing to Calabar for many years,the place is really cool..their girls na bomb sexxie
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Amah70: 9:34pm On May 23, 2023
Chifriend:

Water Board stopped functioning.

Criminal political class in Nigeria 🇳🇬 pretend they don't know that treated public running water supply system is the number one debt a political leader owes the citizens. We have a different human species in Nigeria's politicians.

2 Likes

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Chifriend(m): 9:36pm On May 23, 2023
Britishcoins:
I love giving too and it has been helping me... Recently I am building a small house I have already spent money giving access water to neighbours... Even though I am not the same tribe but I want to give out water to those who need it...

Nice one.

1 Like

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Amah70: 9:39pm On May 23, 2023
It's unimaginable a day in America 🇺🇸 or Europe or even Asian countries that Water Board stops supplying treated pipe borne water to citizens unless repairs are going on.
The new generation of Nigerians must rise and kick all these Nigerian politicians out of Nigeria.

Citizens Sinking private water boreholes is the most deceptive method by Nigeria's politicians to shortchange the citizens.

3 Likes

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 9:45pm On May 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, exactly why did you create this thread abeg? So we know that one house on your block gives out water for free? Or to incense people against the water board? Or is it to force people to open their water source to public access? undecidedOk, so what is it that you learned from them? undecided
one of those stingy people noted.

1 Like

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by JaredH: 9:47pm On May 23, 2023
Mtcheew dirty environment
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by Chifriend(m): 10:02pm On May 23, 2023
Chetas81:
What are you insinuating

That giving is not until you have so much.

1 Like

Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by immortalmortal: 10:08pm On May 23, 2023
My compound in port Harcourt, they kept removing the tap and blocking it, and we kept replacing it till we had to stopped replacing it. We told Dem if they need water they should stop stealing the tap or replace it when it is stolen
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by emmy512: 10:29pm On May 23, 2023
If I speak my mind for this thread everybody weh sabi this area go recognize me
Re: The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) by TheBillyonaire: 10:31pm On May 23, 2023
It is not that they refuse to give, it is a fact that some rich folks are not even aware that there are people who can not afford a borehole in this country. Sometimes you do not blame the rich, cos the poor people waste a lot of resources on pussy and pussy related weaknesses that they can not afford borehole/.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018 / Electrified Mud House Commissioned In African Country (Photos) / My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.