Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? (22638 Views)

Take Your Children To Their Father Or Else - Man Tells Wife (pic/video) / I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady / Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After Losing 2 Children To Kidnappers (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by dokyOloye: 2:31pm On May 25, 2023
Straybullet:

Hahahaha colleague why na?
Nnaa mehn, u know how far naa.
Does it mean that for me to live a good life as a Dr,I have to japa?
Economic refugee things grin

1 Like

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by dalass(f): 2:31pm On May 25, 2023
GreatVocalist:

My parents gave me this same treatment, and it has affected me right to this point of my life. I'm extremely awkward, socially. It's so hard to deal with.

You are probably an introvert, and maybe a science/medical/engineering courses that did not leave room to socialize. Go out of your way and out of your shell if you try, you'll get better over time.

Robert kiyosaki was like that, so he had to take up salesman job to boost himself. Today he is a successful motivational speaker for a living

3 Likes

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Flawless18: 2:33pm On May 25, 2023
sonature1:

Next time, you should avoid the emboldened when making your sentence. It makes your grammatical syntax awkward.

Edited: Sometimes, these mistakes shape us to become better people.
Nobody knows it all. You also made a mistake. You should have said “It makes your grammar syntactically awkward”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Raymeskey: 2:35pm On May 25, 2023
NBAjunior:

Hmmm so you see sex as an accomplishment?

You didn't get the message, although I don't expect you to get it as you are not my child.
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by goldmatrix(m): 2:38pm On May 25, 2023
Getting married late... No perfect man or woman

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Tito24: 2:41pm On May 25, 2023
HacheNoire:
University.

It’s a waste of time!
no wonder you make silly comments here

You won't say this If you didn't just pass through the university but excelled

You might have dropped out of school

Next time face your books
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:42pm On May 25, 2023
Divoc19:
About to cheesy
Already separated cheesy

Why did you get married?

1 Like

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by HacheNoire: 2:44pm On May 25, 2023
Tito24:
no wonder you make silly comments here

You won't say this If you didn't just pass through the university but excelled

You might have dropped out of school

Next time face your books

And why you had to compose a novel?
Smh…
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by IamtheTruth1(m): 2:45pm On May 25, 2023
themainman600:
Studying Botany

Lol .. I won laugh die. Why would u study botany as a man in Nigeria. I won laugh die.

Years back... I wanted to major in Marine Engineering because I had a zeal for it. After writing jamb.. I pass jamb then I do not meet up post utme cut off. They always gv me stupid courses. I did watch all my set go into Uniben... Uniport.. Delsu. Landmark.. Futo... It was not funny oh. Everyone at home then looked at me like a failure. All my friends with the Estate were in school. Reading funny funny courses because they didn't want to stay at home.

I had to settle with Mechanical Engineering.

3 Likes

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Tito24: 2:45pm On May 25, 2023
HacheNoire:

And why you had to compose a novel?
Smh…
because you are from epe... Oshi
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Postinor: 2:46pm On May 25, 2023
bamdexfarms:

No, it is not valued in Nigeria except for few that studied engineering or IT courses. Also, only few countries in the world recognize HND or even equate it to BSc. Here in Germany, it is seen as a craftsmanship or apprentice qualification and can only be used to gain admission into a Bachelors degree program. Bsc is Bsc worldwide.
wow, thanks for the clarification
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by gr8cany: 2:50pm On May 25, 2023
55truth:
Let's discuss as a family, those mistakes you made which you later regret and you wouldn't want your children to make.

Mine was going to the university without learning a skill and solely hoping to land a good paying job with the certificate after school. When "Nigeria" dawned on me, I realized I made a mistake by not fortifying myself with skills while going to school.

My children will not make such a mistake. If God approves, they will go into sports and entertainment from tender age.

Let's learn from each other.

Smoking

2 Likes

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by IamtheTruth1(m): 2:51pm On May 25, 2023
coputa:
Children are not clays that you can mould to any shape you want, they are humans.

The only thing you can do is to sponsor their education or skills,nature which is the best teacher will do the rest.

Your time and that of your children is quite different, you will be surprised that they will not follow the path that you want them to follow.you just have to guide and pray for them.

I strongly disagree with you. Tell a 2yr old black is white until he turns 18. He will go into the world calling white black.

Why do you think religious fanatics target young ones and brainwash them to become their loyal fighters.

You can mould a child into whom you want to become. The westerners are aware of these that is why they are bringing their rainbow people nonsense to kids. Not allowing parents determine the gender of their children.

4 Likes

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Patosky4U: 2:54pm On May 25, 2023
Postinor:
is biochemistry not a good course

I did not say biochemistry is not a good course? It just not valuable in our country because little attention is been put into research and other meaningful aspect of live science

1 Like

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by sherylbaky(f): 2:55pm On May 25, 2023
Apply for medical sales rep, biochemists are making it in that field
hotplate:
Metabolite as i see this post i just laff... Hand dey really meet many Biochemist, i pray God should come through soon for me .. 6yrs after school still no Job..

1 Like

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Patosky4U: 2:56pm On May 25, 2023
zhirkovrado:

Boss tell me more, I'm on the same track too I once applied for mbbs but was given Biochemistry and I'm now in 300L, just getting negative reviews everywhere have you anything to tell me??

It a very impressive course but it better you go for post graduate and preferably japa because this country of ours never value live science

1 Like

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by coputa(m): 3:00pm On May 25, 2023
IamtheTruth1:

I strongly disagree with you. Tell a 2yr old black is white until he turns 18. He will go into the world calling white black.

Why do you think religious fanatics target young ones and brainwash them to become their loyal fighters.

You can mould a child into whom you want to become. The westerners are aware of these that is why they are bringing their rainbow people nonsense to kids. Not allowing parents determine the gender of their children.
Why is majority of pastors children deliquent.
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Postinor: 3:06pm On May 25, 2023
Patosky4U:

I did not say biochemistry is not a good course? It just not valuable in our country because little attention is been put into research and other meaningful aspect of live science
ohh ok
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by IamtheTruth1(m): 3:10pm On May 25, 2023
coputa:
Why is majority of pastors children deliquent.

You mean delinquent? Well to answer you. Most pastors are too hard with their discipline. They enforce the Christianity and not teach it to their children. Many Pastors who are parents frown at their children having male friends talkless of dating. That is why once their daughters enter Uni they will cut chain

If you disagree with me; how many Islamic cleric children do you behave as such?

Mind you I am a Christian.

1 Like

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Newusername(m): 3:28pm On May 25, 2023
Divoc19:
About to cheesy
Already separated cheesy

Hmm... sorry about that. I pray you find peace.

Good afternoon.
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Newusername(m): 3:34pm On May 25, 2023
Uzoelue1987:
Mine is getting married and starting a family without becoming financially stable yet. Its draining.

I understand ma. Now that you know the problem, you can start working on your finances. You now need to map out how you go about it.
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by bizhop01: 3:36pm On May 25, 2023
To grow up in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Newusername(m): 3:36pm On May 25, 2023
efembaba:
Listening to everyone except my heart.

You must not give a damn about what anyone says, including me your father, if your heart is telling you something different.

When you become successful following your heart, everyone who would have derailed you would still congratulate you, and if you fail following other people's advice, you bear the brunt alone!.

If you like my child, ignore this advice.

Very apt. Since my Dad made a decision for me to study Mech Eng in school and stopped sponsoring , I vow to never to allow ANYONE make decision for me .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Newusername(m): 3:37pm On May 25, 2023
efembaba:
Listening to everyone except my heart.

You must not give a damn about what anyone says, including me your father, if your heart is telling you something different.

When you become successful following your heart, everyone who would have derailed you would still congratulate you, and if you fail following other people's advice, you bear the brunt alone!.

If you like my child, ignore this advice.

Very apt. Since my Dad made a decision for me to study Mech Eng in school and stopped sponsoring , I vow to never to allow ANYONE make decisions for me .

1 Like

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Melonsmasher: 3:40pm On May 25, 2023
DrAda:

I was overweight.

Obesity in childhood persists into adulthood with attendant cardiovascular/metabolic disorders and cancers.

I don't want that for them.
So gaining weight is a mistake you wouldn't want your kids to repeat cheesy
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Horbar1: 3:45pm On May 25, 2023
dokyOloye:
Study medicine
If I may ask, why ? Because one of my kids wants to be a med doc.
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Horbar1: 3:51pm On May 25, 2023
This life no balance. What someone is regretting another one is desiring.

What a life.

3 Likes

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by DrAda(f): 4:02pm On May 25, 2023
Melonsmasher:

So gaining weight is a mistake you wouldn't want your kids to repeat cheesy

Yup
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Barims(m): 4:09pm On May 25, 2023
fyzaila:

Its goodness cannot be overemphasised.
My parent didn't encourage us to learn any skills even cooking sef i had to learn on my own. I won't want my children to be skillless growing up.

Me too, I'm 25 skilless can I still learn something at 25 🤔
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Quebec91(m): 4:36pm On May 25, 2023
My only regret and mistake in life is not leaving naija so early as soon as i finished my secondary school
55truth:
Let's discuss as a family, those mistakes you made which you later regret and you wouldn't want your children to make.

Mine was going to the university without learning a skill and solely hoping to land a good paying job with the certificate after school. When "Nigeria" dawned on me, I realized I made a mistake by not fortifying myself with skills while going to school.

My children will not make such a mistake. If God approves, they will go into sports and entertainment from tender age.

Let's learn from each other.
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Chopkiss: 4:40pm On May 25, 2023
Sports betting cry
Sure game
There is no sure game anywhere
E go still cut

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is My Son's School "Over Teaching?" / A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery / My Wife Nags A Lot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.