Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response (43195 Views)

I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears / I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed / I Told My Wife That The Dna Result Of Our Kids Will Be Ready Tomorrow. See What (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by pocohantas(f): 5:31pm On May 26, 2023
Persephone1:
They hawk marriage like being married to them is the best thing after chocolate cake 🙄

But they don't benefit from marriage.
It is them crying a woman doesn't want to marry. Someone they suppose to buy Benz for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Reference(m): 5:32pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:
So, I told my parents I don't want to get married. I do not recommend telling your Nigerian parents you don't want to get married😹

My mom put her hand on her head and looked at me with pity lol. She said I don't have a goal in life, she said I'm empty.

My father was even more dramatic. He started praying o. He told me to kneel down and starting casting and binding all the evil spirits and his village people.

Ngl, it was hilarious. It's not like I don't want to get married though, I just wanted to see their reactions.

But why can't parents accept that not everyone wants to follow the way they did things? That I don't want a husband doesn't mean something is wrong with me and I won't be lonely because I plan on having 29 cats, a dozen goats and scores of chickens.

Hmmm.....I think they are wondering, that if all they individually desired and had were cats, goats and chickens, where will you have come from.

You owe your very existence to their sacrifice.
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Germi9: 5:34pm On May 26, 2023
Okay noted but you’re beautiful
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Vickygirk(f): 5:35pm On May 26, 2023
As a young teenager, I once told my mum that I won't get married..😅.

I was too into church and I've heard amazing stories of how nuns pray 24/7 and how they prayed with their heads upside down for the sins of the world and God's mercy on the world.

That kinda lifestyle appealed to me and I told my mum I wanted to be Nun..

She told me point blank to say God forbid me being a Nun and later added that all her children must marry.😂😂

That was the end of the discussion...

1 Like

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by pepericozi: 5:38pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:
So, I told my parents I don't want to get married. I do not recommend telling your Nigerian parents you don't want to get married😹

My mom put her hand on her head and looked at me with pity lol. She said I don't have a goal in life, she said I'm empty.

My father was even more dramatic. He started praying o. He told me to kneel down and starting casting and binding all the evil spirits and his village people.

Ngl, it was hilarious. It's not like I don't want to get married though, I just wanted to see their reactions.

But why can't parents accept that not everyone wants to follow the way they did things? That I don't want a husband doesn't mean something is wrong with me and I won't be lonely because I plan on having 29 cats, a dozen goats and scores of chickens.

That was the response of your naija parents. What was the response of your foreign parents.

Foolish boy.

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by FuckTheMod: 5:42pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:

No girl can say this without being USED and dumped by numerous men.
It's usually dumbness and frustration that causes it.
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by idomytin(m): 5:50pm On May 26, 2023
Lolzzzz fast thinker 8 smiley wink wink wink
Autobot05:
You don't want to get married or nobody wants to marry you ?? grin cheesy
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by chidiokay: 6:02pm On May 26, 2023
Persephone1:
They hawk marriage like being married to them is the best thing after chocolate cake 🙄

Shiloh season will soon be here we go know who they hawk marriage, feminist isonu
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by slimmax: 6:05pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:
So, I told my parents I don't want to get married.

You didn't mention dogs, definitely will be lonely
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 26, 2023
chidiokay:

Shiloh season will soon be here we go know who they hawk marriage, feminist isonu
Dear Sidi oke ( open yansh up)

I'm really not interested in having this dialogue with you as you have not in previous or recent posts made any sense.

Sorry for the inconveniences

3 Likes

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by pharmagba: 6:18pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:

Your aim achieved. I checked your photo. You're lovely
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by chidiokay: 6:23pm On May 26, 2023
pocohantas:

One would think the women married to them are not the same ones sleeping inside church everyday or moving permanently to their sons houses in their 50s.

MTnead majority of women that sleep in church are not doing it for men, Women by nature are problematic just like Opez cars ...
Naturally women just have a lot of natural defects they battle,
some sleep in church for deliverance frm withcraft, barreness or ko nii ori oko

some frequent church to pray for there kids

Some sleep in church just to seduce pastors e.t.c

Grandmothers like being closer to there grandkids, they crave bond with the children which is mainly why they stick around more its mainly cos of the children, and some it is just a patrol to ensure her Son is not manipulated into early grave, women know what they can do lipsrsealed May God continue to protect Men ijn

1 Like

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Iwin2: 6:33pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:

🧐😜🤸
You need human being as mate not pets
The place of a man in your life can't be another option for pets
Honestly, your head need to be washed in river if truly you hold such a position
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by hahn(m): 6:35pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:

Don't mind them.

"Buy a cat and die alone" - Kevin Samuels
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by chidiokay: 6:36pm On May 26, 2023
Persephone1:

I'm really not interested in having this dialogue with you as you have not in previous or recent posts made any sense.

i thought you just read and delete my posts, never knew you had a memory undecided

Sorry if i am taking up all the space wink
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by superCleanworks(m): 6:38pm On May 26, 2023
Autobot05:

do you have to be honest at all times? can't you just pretend?
Hahahahahahaha grin
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by isabi2lof: 6:45pm On May 26, 2023
You haven't found the right one grin
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Idaytesj29(m): 6:48pm On May 26, 2023
simfrost90210:

Chai.... Hei ...... 🙄😲
You're very wicked ooo

Anyway, that one sef no dey alright 😒
cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:58pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:

And 22 men grin
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Eunoiaa(f): 6:58pm On May 26, 2023
Persephone1:

Lmao.

I am very sure that's a notorious alfamalu in another skin.
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Blakjewelry(m): 7:07pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:

how old are you now, probably 22 to 25. Wait until you are 28, 29 let's see you sing same song. Girls from 16 to 25 feels on top of the world, they don't think things will change, well I was once like you even as a guy so I understand you.
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Chetas81(m): 7:24pm On May 26, 2023
________ is it not a shame for the average Nigerian mother ___to give birth to children that must search dustbin before they eat their daily food
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Abojupupa: 7:37pm On May 26, 2023
And if you are lucky to reach age 95, when you are too weak to do anything, your cats and dogs will be of great assistance. They can even prepare your favourite meal if you fall sick. Congratulations in advance grin
siofra:

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Sikechukwu81(m): 7:38pm On May 26, 2023
They knew that you were joking so they played along madam, if you’re serious about it, they know you won’t tell them..

Just as you didn’t tell them when you had your first secs..

siofra:

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by hardbody: 7:41pm On May 26, 2023
[quote author=siofra post=123367554]So, I told my parents I don't want to get married. I do not recommend telling your Nigerian parents you don't want to get married😹

[/quot

Now I was aligning with you until I read about the assets you are hoping to acquire. They should bring your community to pray for you
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by pharmaking: 7:44pm On May 26, 2023
Season 1 just ended.You acted well.

Season 2 script goes this way.
Tell them you are married to your spirit husband, and see their reaction.

Anty, this is Africa.
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:46pm On May 26, 2023
probably they figured out that if you dont get married, you wont move out their home anytime soon!
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Truvelisback(m): 7:51pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:

You don't want to get married or u haven't found a gold to dig. 😏
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by NothingDoMe: 8:08pm On May 26, 2023
Autobot05:
😅
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by LoveJesus87(m): 8:43pm On May 26, 2023
Redoil:
Your choice go ahead
But note when you get to 50 years and you are lonely dont run to those small boys to come and keep you company
Abeg tell am
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 26, 2023
Icuib4cu:
Y`all supposed to know a click bait when you see one.
I swear and she's very good at it... I no like her but I like her skills grin
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by armyofone(m): 9:14pm On May 26, 2023
If you are living at home, then move out.

I see no reason why you should be in their eyes daily after 18yo. 18yo, straight to college. Graduate and start working. Then rent your own place and be making your own decisions. You are at their home so move out. Send them email, text or call every now and then.

They can reply ya email and add marriage requests and prayers. You reply or delete grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Run Away From Any Bachelor That Prepares Moi Moi - Lady / Reasons Why Guys Patronize Prostitutes / Man Shares Chat With His Friend's Gf Who Cursed Him Out After He Refused To Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.