Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup (16433 Views)

Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses / What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? / Share Your Experience Working On Multiple Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:55am On May 30, 2023
lavylilly:
What type of comment is this?
It means my family members do not weigh me down with problems like “I swallowed electric pole, i need 500k to remove it.”
From time to time, we all need assistance but they never make senseless requests and even if they ask for something large, they always pay it back without me requiring they do so. That’s what the comment is.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:55am On May 30, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

ok sir, now answer this very simple question: CAN YOU SUSTAIN (with your £2.5K monthly in the UK), THE LIFESTYLE YOU HAD IN NIGERIA EARNING 230K monthly?

YES I CAN. Even better.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup by solonubinho(m): 3:36pm On May 30, 2023
adewale2011:
That's non of your Business,
Enjoy your Salary (Slavery)

Of course it’s not my business. Why would I meddle in the affairs of simpletons?

I’ll enjoy my salary, topped up with dividends from profit after proper planning.

Enjoy your deficit in knowledge (an irredeemable form of slavery).

1 Like

Re: My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup by lavylilly: 4:35pm On May 30, 2023
wink
INDUSTRIALFAN:
It means my family members do not weigh me down with problems like “I swallowed electric pole, i need 500k to remove it.”
From time to time, we all need assistance but they never make senseless requests and even if they ask for something large, they always pay it back without me requiring they do so. That’s what the comment is.
Re: My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup by Natural2Heal: 4:51pm On May 30, 2023
INDUSTRIALFAN:
omo I don taya to type plenty. Just know this,
1. I am no longer on the £1k per month job as it was a job I had to do to find my bearing immediately I got here and that lasted just 3 months.
2. In those 3 months, I was able to sort out all my expenses and send more than I ever could to my folks who at one point or the other needed help when in Nigeria on 230k per month.
3. I have my peace of mind and sanity in a country that works.
If you want to remain stagnant in one job that pays less than £300 a month, that’s fine so long as you’re content.
I started from £1k working less than 4hrs a day and I’ve gone up to another better job that pays over £2,500 a month with my expenses still being dsame meaning I now save over 1k per month. Whether in nige or in the UK, that is doing well financially. Thankfully, I don’t have family members that weigh me down.

Be deceiving yourself. Which 2500 pounds monthly salary are you doing in UK? Those that have been in UK for more than 10 years are still struggling with getting minimum wage jobs in UK at this moment.

Immigrants have flooded UK that getting even a minimum wage job is very hard. There are so many job seekers compared to the available job. Hence employers in UK are paying very ridiculous wage at the moment.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:51pm On May 30, 2023
INDUSTRIALFAN:
YES I CAN. Even better.

lying on faceless forum is the reason why we will never go anywhere in this discussion....but hey, by all means, continue believing that you have a better life with 2.5k in the UK than your 230K in Nigeria.
Re: My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:09pm On May 30, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

lying on faceless forum is the reason why we will never go anywhere in this discussion....but hey, by all means, continue believing that you have a better life with 2.5k in the UK than your 230K in Nigeria.
what ever you want to believe by all means do.
Re: My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:47pm On May 30, 2023
Natural2Heal:

Be deceiving yourself. Which 2500 pounds monthly salary are you doing in UK? Those that have been in UK for more than 10 years are still struggling with getting minimum wage jobs in UK at this moment.

Immigrants have flooded UK that getting even a minimum wage job is very hard. There are so many job seekers compared to the available job. Hence employers in UK are paying very ridiculous wage at the moment.
new minimum wage is now 11 pounds an hour and this started April this year. I started out as a cleaner when I got to the uk which I only did for 3 months then moved to care which by the way was not easy to get as I had to do courses which btw I paid for. Got into care and where I work, it is £13.60P and hour.By my contract, I work 40hrs a week which brings me to 2,176. Now that’s what I earn on my allocated hours but then, I usually pick up extra shift’s which btw re in abundance. In my 3 months cleaning, I advised a Nigerian working as a store attendant to take up a cleaning job like myself as it paid better that what he was paid and in his words “god forbid…. How I go de clean?” Note that the cleaning was done with machines and barely and physical strength. Most Nigerians complaining are of same mindset. You traveled out to make money and forge a better path not coming to swag up and be a big boy. No body sends who your father is. Get off ur high horse and work.

Below is a chat btw myself and a friend who got into care before me. He got a 2008 C300 for £2k from his first salary as a carer.
See samples of care jobs paying as much as £16.85 Per hour and all you need to get such jobs is getting certified which cost mostly less than £200 to do. What do I gain if I lie to anyone who doesn’t pay my bills to start with? I no de chase clout for any freaking reason not to talk of a faceless forum. To what end abeg? grin
Oh…. Lest I forget, if the people you’re relying on for information are students then yes…. They can barely land such jobs because no one wants a worker who complains of not being able to come to work because they have one class or the other especially when you are needed to cover your shift.

Re: My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup by Natural2Heal: 4:52am On May 31, 2023
INDUSTRIALFAN:
new minimum wage is now 11 pounds an hour and this started April this year. I started out as a cleaner when I got to the uk which I only did for 3 months then moved to care which by the way was not easy to get as I had to do courses which btw I paid for. Got into care and where I work, it is £13.60P and hour.By my contract, I work 40hrs a week which brings me to 2,176. Now that’s what I earn on my allocated hours but then, I usually pick up extra shift’s which btw re in abundance. In my 3 months cleaning, I advised a Nigerian working as a store attendant to take up a cleaning job like myself as it paid better that what he was paid and in his words “god forbid…. How I go de clean?” Note that the cleaning was done with machines and barely and physical strength. Most Nigerians complaining are of same mindset. You traveled out to make money and forge a better path not coming to swag up and be a big boy. No body sends who your father is. Get off ur high horse and work.

Below is a chat btw myself and a friend who got into care before me. He got a 2008 C300 for £2k from his first salary as a carer.
See samples of care jobs paying as much as £16.85 Per hour and all you need to get such jobs is getting certified which cost mostly less than £200 to do. What do I gain if I lie to anyone who doesn’t pay my bills to start with? I no de chase clout for any freaking reason not to talk of a faceless forum. To what end abeg? grin
Oh…. Lest I forget, if the people you’re relying on for information are students then yes…. They can barely land such jobs because no one wants a worker who complains of not being able to come to work because they have one class or the other especially when you are needed to cover your shift.

I agree with you now. Doing menial jobs in UK is better than 230k salary job in Nigeria. Your full one month salary was enough to buy a benz car. Imagine! In Nigeria, it will take you almost 2 years of savings on your full 230k salary to afford such benz.

It is well.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup by Hamachi(f): 7:47am On May 31, 2023
INDUSTRIALFAN:

You owe no one any explanation
Re: My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:02am On May 31, 2023
Hamachi:
You owe no one any explanation
infact I have decided to keep quiet. Let them keep trying so hard to discredit things I am here experiencing. Thanks jare..

1 Like

Re: My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:06am On May 31, 2023
Natural2Heal:

I agree with you now. Doing menial jobs in UK is better than 230k salary job in Nigeria. Your full one month salary was enough to buy a benz car. Imagine! In Nigeria, it will take you almost 2 years of savings on your full 230k salary to afford such benz.

It is well.
now you see my point.
Re: My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup by Snapdragon009(m): 4:15pm On May 31, 2023
Hello.
I'm Sylvester.
I'm in need of someone with connections to platforms offering opportunities for jobs.
Please, if you are in need of workers, I'm very much available. I'm always at hand to respond.
Thanks.
(WhatsApp, calls, texts, etc).
Re: My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:56pm On May 31, 2023
INDUSTRIALFAN:
what ever you want to believe by all means do.

remember, some of us have lived in the UK, some of us know the prices of housing/bills/transport/gas/food/clothing/entertainment etc in the UK....and as much as you can get by in the UK on 2.5k monthly, lying to us that you can provide a better lifestyle than someone earning 230k in Nigeria, is the JOKE OF THE DAY!!!! you cant even afford your own apt, and have to share with someone, yet wanna claim that you live better than someone earning 230k in Nigeria?!?

see, on 230K monthly, a Nigerian can take care of a whole family of 4....he can get his OWN apt (not shared o), his OWN maid, his OWN cook, his own cleaner, his own driver, he can eat out everyday if he wishes to do so.... ALL OUT OF 230k monthly and still have saving at the end of the month... can you do the same with your 2.5k monthly in the UK?! stop trying to compare nonsense and feed unknown people nonsense. a person on 230K monthly in Nigeria lives a life 100 times better than yours in the UK, because life in Nigeria is CHEAPER, duh! (forget 2k Benz that you yourself cant afford, abeg). is it not the same coke bottle that cost 100Nairas in Nigeria that will cost no less than the equivalent of 500Nairas in the UK?!
Re: My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 5:11pm On May 31, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

remember, some of us have lived in the UK, some of us know the prices of housing/bills/transport/gas/food/clothing/entertainment etc in the UK....and as much as you can get by in the UK on 2.5k monthly, lying to us that you can provide a better lifestyle than someone earning 230k in Nigeria, is the JOKE OF THE DAY!!!! you cant even afford your own apt, and have to share with someone, yet wanna claim that you live better than someone earning 230k in Nigeria?!?

see, on 230K monthly, a Nigerian can take care of his whole family of 4....he can get his OWN apt (not shared o), his OWN maid, his OWN cook, his own cleaner, his own driver, he can eat out everyday if he wishes to do so.... ALL OUT OF 230k monthly and still have saving at the end of the month... can you do the same with your 2,5k monthly in the UK?! stop trying to compare nonsense and feed unknown people nonsense. a person on 230K monthly in Nigeria lives a life 100 times better than yours in the UK, because life in Nigeria is CHEAPER, duh! (forget 2k Benz that you yourself grin cant afford, abeg). is it not the same coke bottle that cost 100Naira in Nigeria that will cost no less than the equivalent of 500Nairas in the UK?!
I have no more words for you. I see no reason I want to trade them with you. Like I said, believe what you will. Sharing my apartment was a wise way for me to further cut down on my expenses and maximize whatever I choose to save. It is just £550 out of my monthly pay of 2,500 for the entire apartment and you think I can’t comfortably afford it if I wanted to when my entire expense for the month is not up to 1k? Haba chief . You mention you have lived in the uk like that qualifies you to know what living costs are like everywhere in the UK. Aberdeen incase you didn’t know is on of the cheapest places to live. Maybe na your extravagant uncalculated lifestyle make you run go back Nigeria sha. What do I know? Enjoy.
Re: My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:17pm On May 31, 2023
INDUSTRIALFAN:
I have no more words for you. I see no reason I want to trade them with you. Like I said, believe what you will. Sharing my apartment was a wise way for me to further cut down on my expenses and maximize whatever I choose to save. It is just £550 out of my monthly pay of 2,500 for the entire apartment and you think I can’t comfortably afford it if I wanted to when my entire expense for the month is not up to 1k? Haba chief . You mention you have lived in the uk like that qualifies you to know what living costs are like everywhere in the UK. Aberdeen incase you didn’t know is on of the cheapest places to live. Maybe na your extravagant uncalculated lifestyle make you run go back Nigeria sha. What do I know? Enjoy.

again, your are quick to compare arrant nonsense 2k Benz in the UK, while claiming that you live a better life with 2.5K monthly...... yet a person in Nigeria earning 230K will be able to take care of a family of 4, with PRIVATE MAID, PRIVATE CHEF, PRIVATE CLEANER and PRIVATE DRIVER. can you afford that in your "better" UK life? all you yeye people writing nonsense online need a REALITY CHECK!

STOP TRYING TO COMPARE NONSENSE!!!!!
Re: My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 5:29pm On May 31, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

see, on 230K monthly, a Nigerian can take care of a whole family of 4....he can get his OWN apt (not shared o), his OWN maid, his OWN cook, his own cleaner, his own driver, he can eat out everyday if he wishes to do so.... ALL OUT OF 230k monthly and still have saving at the end of the month... can you do the same with your 2.5k monthly in the UK?! stop trying to compare nonsense and feed unknown people nonsense. a person on 230K monthly in Nigeria lives a life 100 times grin better than yours in the UK, because life in Nigeria is CHEAPER, duh! (forget 2k Benz that you yourself cant afford, abeg). is it not the same coke bottle that cost 100Nairas in Nigeria that will cost no less than the equivalent of 500Nairas in the UK?!
on the contrary, you are the one who needs a reality check because I have no idea what state in Nigeria a man earning 230k will be able to get his OWN apartment, his OWN maid, his OWN cook, his own cleaner, his own driver, and still eat out everyday if he wishes to do so. Keep dreaming o Boda Bernard na those wey wan read ur quotes get ginger I de pity. grin
Re: My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:10pm On May 31, 2023
INDUSTRIALFAN:
on the contrary, you are the one who needs a reality check because I have no idea what state in Nigeria a man earning 230k will be able to get his OWN apartment, his OWN maid, his OWN cook, his own cleaner, his own driver, and still eat out everyday if he wishes to do so. Keep dreaming o Boda Bernard na those wey wan read ur quotes get ginger I de pity. grin

dey there dey lie to people that never left the shores of 9ja.... the day you can afford your own apt, your own private maid, your own private cook, your own private cleaner and your own private driver. then come back and tell us that you have a better life in the UK than in Nigeria.

so you are claiming that in all of Nigeria, you cant get a 2 bed apt for 250k yearly?!?! really?!?!?!?...here below is 250k yearly 2 bedroom apt in Enugu (thats about 20K Nairas monthly with NO YEYE ROOMMATE o):

private maid/cook/cleaner and she will even take care of CHILDCARE TOO, 35K monthly in Enugu (and i am generous), driver 30/40k monthly. electricity 7k monthly, so that man will be left with no less than 150K monthly if he wishes to eat outside everyday aka 5k daily or buy monthly food (if thats what he wishes to do)...yet you people will come and try to feed gullible NLers with nonsense!

your problem is that you are fresh off the boat (with your village mentality), so you see a 2k Benz, while you are earning 2.5k monthly, so you automatically deduct that now you can drive a Benz (while living with roommates) so you foolishly believe that you have a better life than people in Nigeria making 230k monthly. lol! tomorrow you will discover UK mortgages and now will come tell us that you own your own home in the UK and that Nigerians earning 230K cant do that, abi?!?!? poor soul!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Npower Benue State / Wema Bank Fresh Graduate & Mid-level Job Recruitment 2017 / My One Day Job Experience In Lagos-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.