Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" (25503 Views)

My Sad Observation About The Current Wave Of Inflation / Nigerian Adults Should Please Stop Doing This. / Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by 1Sharon(f): 6:22am On May 28, 2023
tellwisdom:
Very common to 98.99% of the Nigerian women. They will sneak out with money hidden in their bra just to go buy Brazilian hair that will end up making them look like Abia masquerade.

Spits angry

Lol where have you been
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by Archmage(m): 6:40am On May 28, 2023
It is called mimetic desire, a human phenomenon where we only want what other people have.

CuriousCart:
I have noticed that most Nigerians are adults by age only and not thought. 80% of adults lack a clue about their next move and direction.

They usually copy what other successful people around them are doing on the surface.

If a colleague buys a car, they start getting worked up until they also buy a car. If a neighbour opens a shop for his wife they rush to open a shop too. If their friend is into tech, they abandon their budding career and start taking tech courses upandan.

I think the copiers do this because they believe mimicking will make them reach the same goals as the person but they fail to realize that life doesn't work that way because there are many unseen events and efforts that may have led to the copyee's success.

The colleague who bought a car may have been gifted by a sugar daddy or recently lost a parent and inherited the car while you are planning to use your entire savings plus loan.
The neighbour opening a shop may have had 15 years experience in that biz line while you just want to dive into it blindly.
The tech guy may just have the brains for it while you are more likely to succeed at sales.

Finally, when they are done copying and don't achieve the same successful result as the copyee, the next thing is to accuse him/her of using juju and using people's destiny to succeed.

Just do you.

1 Like

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by Mryacks: 7:13am On May 28, 2023
Nazgul:
Don't blame them. Nigeria isn't working so once people see any business that gives money, everyone would dive into it and over saturate it.

Look at POS... around 2016, you can rent a shop and run POS and make reasonable money. In fact you could live comfortably with POS business. Today, you'll find over 20 POS operators on a single street. So if you're planning on going into it, just be prepared cos whatever you make from it obviously wouldn't be able sustain you.

Look at Uber/Bolt. I know someone who is in Canada today courtesy of Uber. He started out as an Uber driver as far back as 2017. Today because there are no jobs, more and more guys (and even ladies) are going into uber. This had made Uber become over saturated . And if their drivers are honest with you, they'll admit that it's not as lucrative as it used to be.

Same with provision shop, you can find more than 20 on one street all selling the same thing. How on Earth would they make profit?

Is it korokpe or danfo bus...that one is worse, there are some routes you'll ply, when you reach and park, before it reaches your turn to load again, it might take up to an hour because there are lots and lots of other buses ahead of you.

In the late 90s and early 2000s, one of the fastest way to make money as someone who wasn't fortunate to attain university education was to do hire purchase. Find someone who would give you a bus, and within a year, you've paid him back and you have the bus all to yourself.

Today, bad economy and inflation has made it impossible for these guys to deliver, so even though they're in possession of the vehicle, they would find it very difficult meeting their daily target.

It's not that these businesses aren't lucrative, they are but because there are so many competitors, profit becomes very slim. This is why so many of them aren't making it.

If the country is working, people wouldn't be eager to do any kind of business, this means that businesses wouldn't be over saturated, so those doing it would easily prosper.

Well said.....over-population is also a factor. Hence why a particular sector often get over saturated I think
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by godofuck231: 8:30am On May 28, 2023
If you start a business they cant compete or copy and its generating massive inflow ? They kidnap you

1 Like

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by tellwisdom: 9:02am On May 28, 2023
1Sharon:

Lol where have you been

Inside your size 200 pant. sad
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by Neverlookback: 9:53am On May 28, 2023
Nazgul:
Don't blame them. Nigeria isn't working so once people see any business that gives money, everyone would dive into it and over saturate it.

This is actually a normal thing, practiced almost everywhere. I believe economists have a term for it, known as "perfectly competitive market."

Once the barrier to entry is minimal and there is a noticeable demand, people will rush toward that business until profit from it becomes almost nil.

1 Like

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by 1Sharon(f): 11:28am On May 28, 2023
tellwisdom:

Inside your size 200 pant. sad

I am big and beautiful. Don't body shame me. Did you ask for consent before replying my comment?

1 Like

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by tellwisdom: 1:51pm On May 28, 2023
1Sharon:

I am big and beautiful. Don't body shame me. Did you ask for consent before replying my comment?

Send me pisures of your big yansh

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by 1Sharon(f): 1:54pm On May 28, 2023
tellwisdom:

Send me pisures of your big yansh

Once again you didn't ask for consent. I might have to report this. This is bullying

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by tellwisdom: 2:17pm On May 28, 2023
1Sharon:

Once again you didn't ask for consent. I might have to report this. This is bullying

Whom do I seek consent from ??. Your two left leg boyfriend? .

I want to feel your yansh. Don’t miss the favor wink
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by 24SEVEN: 10:45am On May 29, 2023
1Sharon:

Ahhh. Fat women. cry cry cry
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by 1Sharon(f): 10:47am On May 29, 2023
tellwisdom:

Whom do I seek consent from ??. Your two left leg boyfriend? .

I want to feel your yansh. Don’t miss the favor wink

I feel threatened.
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by 1Sharon(f): 10:52am On May 29, 2023
24SEVEN:

Ahhh. Fat women. cry cry cry

Excuse me?
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by 24SEVEN: 11:04am On May 29, 2023
1Sharon:

Excuse me?

You said you're fat. Why dont you hit the gym and burn it off.
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by tellwisdom: 1:32pm On May 29, 2023
1Sharon:

I feel threatened.

U want to guilt trip me?. angry
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by Cromagnon: 5:44pm On May 29, 2023
CuriousCart:
I have noticed that most Nigerians are adults by age only and not thought. 80% of adults lack a clue about their next move and direction.

They usually copy what other successful people around them are doing on the surface.

If a colleague buys a car, they start getting worked up until they also buy a car. If a neighbour opens a shop for his wife they rush to open a shop too. If their friend is into tech, they abandon their budding career and start taking tech courses upandan.

I think the copiers do this because they believe mimicking will make them reach the same goals as the person but they fail to realize that life doesn't work that way because there are many unseen events and efforts that may have led to the copyee's success.

The colleague who bought a car may have been gifted by a sugar daddy or recently lost a parent and inherited the car while you are planning to use your entire savings plus loan.
The neighbour opening a shop may have had 15 years experience in that biz line while you just want to dive into it blindly.
The tech guy may just have the brains for it while you are more likely to succeed at sales.

Finally, when they are done copying and don't achieve the same successful result as the copyee, the next thing is to accuse him/her of using juju and using people's destiny to succeed.

Just do you.
is called competition. All animals do it
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by CuriousCart: 8:16pm On May 29, 2023
Cromagnon:
is called competition. All animals do it

You cannot compete against someone you are copying. If it were competition, you'd be doing your own and outshining him/her.

Suddenly switching from Law to tech just because your friend is making money from tech isn't competition, it's copying.

Competition is being a successful lawyer and outshining your friend who is also a successful techie.
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by Cromagnon: 5:30am On May 30, 2023
CuriousCart:

You cannot compete against someone you are copying. If it were competition, you'd be doing your own and outshining him/her.

[color=#000099]
So in 100m senior boys
Winner will be running
You will be doing back stroke ba

[color]

Suddenly switching from Law to tech just because your friend is making money from tech isn't competition, it's copying.

[color=#000099]
Yeah
He buys Toyota camry
You build your own toyitu Cambodia abi
[color]

Competition is being a successful lawyer and outshining your friend who is also a successful techie.
so in your mind we should only have 1 person farming potato?

Listen to yourself
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by Gentlesoul2021(m): 1:23pm On May 30, 2023
Nazgul:

Look at POS... around 2016, you can rent a shop and run POS and make reasonable money. In fact you could live comfortably with POS business. Today, you'll find over 20 POS operators on a single street. So if you're planning on going into it, just be prepared cos whatever you make from it obviously wouldn't be able sustain you.

Look at Uber/Bolt. I know someone who is in Canada today courtesy of Uber. He started out as an Uber driver as far back as 2017. Today because there are no jobs, more and more guys (and even ladies) are going into uber. This had made Uber become over saturated . And if their drivers are honest with you, they'll admit that it's not as lucrative as it used to be.

Same with provision shop, you can find more than 20 on one street all selling the same thing. How on Earth would they make profit?

Is it korokpe or danfo bus...that one is worse, there are some routes you'll ply, when you reach and park, before it reaches your turn to load again, it might take up to an hour because there are lots and lots of other buses ahead of you.

In the late 90s and early 2000s, one of the fastest way to make money as someone who wasn't fortunate to attain university education was to do hire purchase. Find someone who would give you a bus, and within a year, you've paid him back and you have the bus all to yourself.

Today, bad economy and inflation has made it impossible for these guys to deliver, so even though they're in possession of the vehicle, they would find it very difficult meeting their daily target.

It's not that these businesses aren't lucrative, they are but because there are so many competitors, profit becomes very slim. This is why so many of them aren't making it.

If the country is working, people wouldn't be eager to do any kind of business, this means that businesses wouldn't be over saturated, so those doing it would easily prosper.

Valid....
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by DonroxyII: 4:21am On Jun 01, 2023
Squirrel1:
Not all Nigerians are into such but of recent, the economic situation has pushed many into doing things they can't even understand.

Young boys have become bald, runs is in the high side and criminal activities have grossly evolved.

Overpopulation, corruption and imperialism and inflation are the mother of Nigerias humongous problems.

It is well
Nigerian Problem is Simply Immaturity of Our Leaders to Respond to the Issues You Enumerated Above... Many Simply Find themselves in the Position of Powers they don't have the Maturities to Wield !

Now, You Face Global Powers then You Lose Your Voices & Boldness to Court Global Resources to Your People while Some Don't Even See Beyond their Ethnic/Tribe grin ....

There is Nothing like Overpopulation, The More the Population The Richer a Nation should be if a Nation is Interracting !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? / Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? / 26 Things That Happen When You Grow Up In An African house

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.