Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,350 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? (33299 Views)

Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? / US Soldier Flies Home To Surprise His Parents And Walks In On Them Having Sex / I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Stanislause94: 8:53pm On May 27, 2023
SamCeci:

It's actually a bad thing. After graduating from any Higher Institution and under normal circumstances, you should not live more than one year in your parents' house. That one year is for you to either work towards living alone or live with a friend of your status so as to plan your life accordingly. Staying with your parents at that age will never allow you to see some things that will make you a man.
no mind them, na the hard truth wey many of them no wan swallow be this cool

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by AHCB: 8:55pm On May 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Your priorities have nothing to do with where you live. Or comprehension na issue. undecided
have you figured out yours, it's a simple question and no need to be rude. šŸ˜

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Easybet1(m): 8:55pm On May 27, 2023
zed7:

A wise man will read and learn. Foolish one's will make excuses. Continue wasting your life. Are you better than people doing security jobs and are married with kids? Keep waiting for your parents to feed you till old age.
@seun please we need dislike button on this forum. Comment like this should be dislike/ downvoted.... What a kid

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Kobojunkie: 8:56pm On May 27, 2023
AHCB:
ā–  Have you figured out yours, it's a simple question and no need to be rude. šŸ˜
Yes, I have. undecided
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by gbolswag(m): 8:58pm On May 27, 2023
What if u dont have enough money to be on your own and your parents ain't complaining

5 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On May 27, 2023
gbolswag:
What if u dont have enough money to be on your own and your parents ain't complaining
Dude, one of the best things you can learn to do in this world is learn how to be you and do what is best for you no matter what the trend or situation. undecided

8 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by PMONEY6: 9:04pm On May 27, 2023
Tell us say your boy/man friend is still living with his parents jor

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Delightsome2023: 9:05pm On May 27, 2023
na2016:

Calm down it is not any big deal. As far as he has a job and is contributing to the house upkeep
God bless you.
My Case right now

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Delightsome2023: 9:07pm On May 27, 2023
Sirchiboy:
I am 40 and still living with my parents.
No.job
and you had to go back to the village to start from square one grin
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Sirchiboy: 9:09pm On May 27, 2023
Delightsome2023:
and you had to go back to the village to start from square one grin
Very wicked somebody.
You are saying this because you were born with silver spoon

5 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Postinor: 9:11pm On May 27, 2023
Delightsome2023:
I'm 33 living with my parents.
They are old and advance in age, I'm the only one taking care of them, if I leave them and get a house of my own because of one evil daughter of Jezebel I wonder who will take care of them.
That's what one useless girl I was dating tried to separate me from them till the God my parents served chased her away.
Also the bills I would have used for rent I saved it for years and use it to buy a land, working to build my own house while still staying under my parents roof and taking care of us with my current job

that's why I try so hard to avoid women as possible so I don't take wrong decisions to please them
so what if you want to get married

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by sprints1: 9:12pm On May 27, 2023
Its seems this thread is taking to me directly but what can man do. At the moment who will stay with my overaged dad and mum. Barely no one to help them in a mighty big mansion. Living alone this days is terrible and difficult with the rate people dey die like guinea fowl. Even GFs dis days ain't loyal.they can fvcking u right now and be fvcking another random gen z unforsaking dude.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Bukola94: 9:13pm On May 27, 2023
Sirchiboy:
I am 40 and still living with my parents.
No.job
please kip searching or find a small biz u can start with little capital. Jobs are scarce out there, the available jobs pay megre and them gonna use u till u are not useful for yourself or for them again
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Donbabaj: 9:13pm On May 27, 2023
You think say na every guy like to dey stay their parents house. Your priority should be how to help out and not to be passing the bulk. Rent these days are expensive.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Delightsome2023: 9:15pm On May 27, 2023
Postinor:
so what if you want to get married
if she doesn't accept my parents moving in then she should go seek another suitor.
My parents practically saved me and contributed immensely to my upgraded version, can't despise and abandon them now.
Dad is in his 80's with no one by his side except me and mum that is aging as well

5 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Postinor: 9:15pm On May 27, 2023
Gangster1ms:
I'm 40 and i live with my parents
My dad built a massive mansion with enough rooms, so why waste money living somewhere else if it's not outside the country?
are you married,if yes, does ur wife agree with it

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by AHCB: 9:18pm On May 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Yes, I have. undecided
cheers. šŸ‘
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Berankis: 9:18pm On May 27, 2023
xpressionx:
Go pursue am commot na
grin cheesy grin
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by VTJN(m): 9:18pm On May 27, 2023
Blitzking:
Am 30 staying in my father's house. my parents are late so I basically stay alone, the girls are married. I earn 250 to 400k per month(job plus side hustle) getting married in 2 months time processing my phd in usa for fall 2024. Decided to stay in my father's house so I can spend all my money on it and make it up to standard before I travel out God willing. rather than give it to a landlord by the ways its a3 bedroom apartment owned by my dad. grew up here everyone around know meto be quite reserved.just to prove am an adult babe doesn't want to stay here with me, well I no send cos in the end its in our best interest. I have everything in this house name it she also earns similar to me.
lucky you. Please do you have masters degree already for PhD or first degree?
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by tyinfinity: 9:19pm On May 27, 2023
So it is now a crime to live with one's parents in order to take care of them at old age .also to avoid loneliness parents need company of their children and grandchildren.so if I decide that my child should live with me to avoid loneliness it is not a crime

4 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Ashirioluwa: 9:20pm On May 27, 2023
JILF:

I mean a guy between age 32-38 living with parents or in the home of his grandparent etc

What is undesirable is undesirable. He should be living independently at that age, but as we all know, the circumstances in this nation have made some men into teenagers who still live with their parents or depend on them for food before they can fend for themselves.

Find work, get a place to live, and be that man.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by AHCB: 9:20pm On May 27, 2023
Gangster1ms:
I'm 40 and i live with my parents
My dad built a massive mansion with enough rooms, so why waste money living somewhere else if it's not outside the country?
Dude. You're still around. Good reading from you.
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by seunayantokun(m): 9:21pm On May 27, 2023
No, not ok
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by frozen70(f): 9:22pm On May 27, 2023
JILF:
Is it ok for a guy to be living at home where he grew up or with his parents between age 32-39? if you are a lady, will you find such men as someone who is serious with life or someone who is unserious?

I understand the economy has not be smiling for many and also understand that some men cannot afford to pay rent due to unemployment.

If I find a man in that situation and he has focus, that means he needs some one that will push him further

So I will advise him we get a room for him to pack out so that he can find his bearing

If he refuses, then I will know that what is holding him is bigger than what am planning for him

I will stylishly end the relationship

But if he accepts my idea, I will make sure he pays for the rent and gradually starts getting things like bed and fridge and pots

My major role will be to come for visits, get food stuff along and cook for our meal

With time I will be requesting money for soup and stew, this is a way of teaching him how to provide

If by six months into the relationship he hasn't propose to me

I will inform him that I want to end the relationship as it's heading no where and I will. Move on but if he pleads with me then he should do the needful

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by harmargedon: 9:24pm On May 27, 2023
JILF:
Is it ok for a guy to be living at home where he grew up or with his parents between age 32-39? if you are a lady, will you find such men as someone who is serious with life or someone who is unserious?

I understand the economy has not be smiling for many and also understand that some men cannot afford to pay rent due to unemployment.
Jesus is over 2000 years old, and he still lives in his father's house.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by FarmTech(m): 9:36pm On May 27, 2023
Nothing wrong with that. So long as he is working hard. He will even make it faster than living alone.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by vickydevoka(m): 9:37pm On May 27, 2023
frozen70:

If I find a man in that situation and he has focus, that means he needs some one that will push him further

So I will advise him we get a room for him to pack out so that he can find his bearing

If he refuses, then I will know that what is holding him is bigger than what am planning for him

But if he accepts my idea, I will make sure he pays for the rent and gradually starts getting things like bed and fridge and pots

My major role will be to come for visits, get food stuff along and cook for our meal

With time I will be requesting money for soup and stew, this is a way of teaching him how to provide

I will inform him that I want to end the relationship as it's heading no where and I will. Move on but if he pleads with me then he should do the needful
Whether man or woman u suppose exit papa house b4 30. I de jobless still leave my papa house at 30, today Iā€™m a millionaire in naira. Omo las las everybody go de alright. All this university graduates are the cause of their problems, submitting cv everyday like their papa na Admin officer

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by workchopNG: 9:38pm On May 27, 2023
zed7:
It's lazy people who complain of the economy everytime. Why would a man in his mid 30's live at home? Such a man has no ambition.

Go and rent a room in a face me house, go and be a bus conductor or any other manial job. It's much more dignified than to be a free loader crying about the economy.

Too many men have become weak and lazy. I see them all around, even online begging for 2k. Weak and lazy set of people.

It's better to earn 20k a month than not earn at all. Even if you earn 20k, get two of such jobs. Foolish people everywhere. Except you have a health challenge or deformity, there's no excuse for you.

You guys have to understand that there are many scenarios to this question. I for one is in the age bracket, married with a kid, still live with my mum and sis.

Am I lazy? NO! I earn not less than 200k every month. If I stay away from my family, I may not understand their needs. If I give them 80k every month, it may serve them well for some month, while it may not go for 2 weeks for some months.

I'm more comfortable having them around, taking care of them, in same house I grew up.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Bukola94: 9:38pm On May 27, 2023
onuman:
A saner man after his 24th birthday but still living with his parents, is losing direction.
well I got a family friend who is like 36 or 37yrs of age,who still leave in his father mansion, is father got like 2more big bungalows, and flats which they rent out. He is doing well, got is handy work,and is other family are living in another state. So situation may differ

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Ade3131: 9:38pm On May 27, 2023
zed7:
It's lazy people who complain of the economy everytime. Why would a man in his mid 30's live at home? Such a man has no ambition.

Go and rent a room in a face me house, go and be a bus conductor or any other manial job. It's much more dignified than to be a free loader crying about the economy.

Too many men have become weak and lazy. I see them all around, even online begging for 2k. Weak and lazy set of people.

It's better to earn 20k a month than not earn at all. Even if you earn 20k, get two of such jobs. Foolish people everywhere. Except you have a health challenge or deformity, there's no excuse for you.

Your submissions above says a lot about how much you've experienced in life than it says of the 30+ guy living with his parents.

Lemme ask you why you think everyone above 30 that still lives with their parents can't really afford to rent his own place?

And who told you that most of them don't have a job? Ifeel your perspective on life in this regard is so narrow and bereave of wisdom.

They're people that decide to stay with their parents due to their parents' health condition. I guess you didn't factor that into your submission.

They're also guys like Seyi Tinubu who's born into wealth. His parents live in mansion and they have a lot of them littered around the world. Whichever one he chooses to stay, it still won't change the fact that he lives with his parents.

Then lemme also ask you what economic or logical gain is there in renting your own house (even when you can afford it) and your dad owns an estate and they'll only sleep in one or two rooms while they're lots of vacant rooms available?

Or you just want to go out for the society to see that you're truly a man?

And if we're being realistic, the realities of the present day Nigeria is not in synch with whatever fantasy any of us have had growing up. Renting a room and parlor at Orile, in Lagos state now goes for as much as half a million for a year and landlords are demanding 2 year rent upfront in addition to agent and commission fee. Total package is 1.3m. That's a room and parlor. Tell me how your 20k of 2 jobs can afford that.

Let's not pressurize the less-privy men among us. Yes, it is expected that at certain age you should be financially stable enough to stand on your own, but if you're reading this and you're above 30 and still stays with your parents, and your reality says otherwise to the expected norm, pls don't go into crime bcuz you want to size up with your mates.

Life na turn by turn. You might be a late bloomer, and there's nothing bad about it. What's bad is knowing that you're down and still be digging. If you're down don't dig. Instead, stand up.

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by FarmTech(m): 9:42pm On May 27, 2023
frozen70:

The money he will use to invest in biz, u want him to spend it on rent and food? Not a good idea.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

My Husband Flogs Me / How Does A Working Couple Cope Without A Maid? / Wife Drags Kano Millionaire To Court For Infecting Her With HIV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.