Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! (33391 Views)

My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand / My Son's Behavior Is Getting Out Of Hand / My 85-Year-Old Dad Is Cheating On My Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by dhmore: 7:55pm On May 28, 2023
aidameoryou:
Your suggestions are genuinely needed 🙏

Hi my people good day, I have been having a thorough thought all in my mind and have been boiling inside of me on what next step to take.

Over the years, I have seen my mum really been hostile to my dad and it's getting out of hand for me to bear.You are telling my story NOW- NOW ! I used to be Oil worker with Private Oil Depot in Apapa . My wife has never been appreciative since inception to the extent that my children have created a slogan "MY MUMMY DOES NOT LIKE MY DAD AT ALL". Sometimes,some men that are in this shoe ask why is it like that ?
I am the first son of some siblings and in my mid 20s.
I live apart from my parents in another state and one of my junior sibling who went home for a little break from school was complaining bitterly about how my mum attitude towards my dad is getting out of hand.

My father has to be the most responsible, respectable, reasonable man I ever know, he doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, doesn't womanizer. He has been the sole breadwinner in the family from when we were small up till this time.
His work isn't moving very well as it used to back then and as such he cannot cater very well like he's used to and even though at that, he's been trying his best....
My mum just doesn't appreciate him enough and I've seen this a million times.

My next line of action is to call my mum and give her a serious scolding because she hasn't been warned sternly about this by any of my siblings before.
This is getting out of hand and I cannot bear it anymore, please what do you all suggest I could do in this situation
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by aidameoryou: 7:55pm On May 28, 2023
Dancebreaker:

It may be that your mum never loved you dad but condition made her to marry him. She doesn't feel fulfilled in the marriage and there is really nothing your dad can do about it. She's pouring all the frustration on him.

A major silent killer of men is marital maltreatment but nobody discusses it. A man is expected to be strong and be in control. If you are harsh you are a wife abuser and you are a gentlemen trained to overlook women's shenanigans, you are a simp.

A man really can't win. I hope you are learning from your dad's experience.
It's very difficult for most men to admit that own mother is far from the type of woman they pray to marry. Because mother is supposed to be "iya ni waura". What her hubby goes through doesn't matter.

I sure am experiencing a lot, and no woman can ever make me go thru that ordeal in life....NEVER!!!
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by WantsandMore: 7:56pm On May 28, 2023
Bintasukai:

a woman's existence is threatened by her man's inability to provide & some women don't know how to react than to be ungrateful. I wish you wisdom & all the best.

There, I fixed it for you

lmao ...unnecessary but ok
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by aidameoryou: 7:58pm On May 28, 2023
cmikel:

@op are u a man or a toddler?

U see something cretically wrong and you are seeking for advice .

Maybe you are waiting till she gives your dad hrt attack.

It's a pity how men suffer all the years for their children but don't get more benefits or appreciation from same children, instead children show it to the mother .

All bc maybe the father is always in the feild lookn for what family will survive with.

Am not a toddler chief, no man is an island.
I wanted people's input so that I don't overdo things.
I know how I can talk and act.
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by walexsho(m): 7:59pm On May 28, 2023
Na the man be slowpoke... Dem dey beat am and he no talk. There are times one need to be man enough, sit her down and talk sense into your wife's head if truly you were a responsible man at the time things were booming.
Some foolish men will think marrying another woman will solve this problem not knowing they are marrying Ancestral war into their life's.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by Tonalphs(f): 8:06pm On May 28, 2023
They should separate. My parents separated. Everyone is happy. Any stress wey nor dey bring money, make una nor do. Life nor hard.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by StarboyMichael(m): 8:24pm On May 28, 2023
Fear woman, then Fear who no Fear woman
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by TenQ: 8:25pm On May 28, 2023
aidameoryou:

Hi my people good day, I have been having a thorough thought all in my mind and have been boiling inside of me on what next step to take.

Over the years, I have seen my mum really been hostile to my dad and it's getting out of hand for me to bear.
I live apart from my parents in another state and one of my junior sibling who went home for a little break from school was complaining bitterly about how my mum attitude towards my dad is getting out of hand.

My father has to be the most responsible, respectable, reasonable man I ever know, he doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, doesn't womanizer. He has been the sole breadwinner in the family from when we were small up till this time.
His work isn't moving very well as it used to back then and as such he cannot cater very well like he's used to and even though at that, he's been trying his best....

My next line of action is to call my mum and give her a serious scolding because she hasn't been warned sternly about this by any of my siblings before.
This is getting out of hand and I cannot bear it anymore, please what do you all suggest I could do in this situation
You are in the best position to defend your dad.
Let her earn a surprise from you: mind you, she will initially try to shout you douwn: its a strategy that had worked with your peace loving Dad

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by okoroemeka(m): 8:28pm On May 28, 2023
aidameoryou:

Over the years, I have seen my mum really been hostile to my dad and it's getting out of hand for me to bear.

most times it is not good to be a gentleman always when living with a woman,sometimes you need to be unpredictable and crazy at times to keep her on her toes,that your father does not smoke,drink or womanize does not make him a perfect husband,I do rather smoke,drink,womanize with other assorted general misbehaviours and control my family than be a puppet.
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by xiwaf: 8:37pm On May 28, 2023
LEt's help you increase sales and drive traffic to your blog. WA me

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by Coolgent(m): 8:38pm On May 28, 2023
frozen70:

I will advise you discuss this with your dad first of all to find out why he gave her so much power to bully him

Am sure your dad knows what to say to you

However, if you don't like his response then you tell him that you want to confront your mum

As you are confronting your mum, be very calm and ask her why she is hostile on dad

Listen to her reply, if it makes no sense, then tell her politely to stop that attitude on your dad that you feel ashame of everything

With time be observing her and see if she is adjusting to your advice and warning

But if she responds harshly then be prepared to be her enemy
Best advice, op yield to it.
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by aidameoryou: 8:40pm On May 28, 2023
okoroemeka:
most times it is not good to be a gentleman always when living with a woman,sometimes you need to be unpredictable and crazy at times to keep her on her toes,that your father does not smoke,drink or womanize does not make him a perfect husband,I do rather smoke,drink,womanize with other assorted general misbehaviours and control my family than be a puppet.

Nobody is talking about perfect chief
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by Sanguine(f): 8:40pm On May 28, 2023
Amumaigwe:

See the way your mouth is running like a tap gushing out nonsense. Wait until you get married or if you are already married, wait until your wife finishes giving birth and all your children grown. You will understand what the female gender really is. You will then feel like apologizing to your father who must have died of heartache. Then you then will reap exactly what you sow.

I don't think you have to be insultive to make your point. Silly people everywhere!

Don't marry if you know you don't have the capacity to love and care for another human being. If you as a man treat your wife like trash in the presence of your children, and vice-versa for the woman, your children will grow up to resent you.

Yes, whatever you sow, you reap. So the onus is on you to mind the kind of seeds you sow because you will surely reap it in abundance!
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by SilasIBB: 8:42pm On May 28, 2023
Sit her down

Share the Word if God with her and give her a serious warning..

Let her know you're on your father's side and if anything shiush happen, you'll not be happy with her.
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by loliapoopy2013(f): 8:48pm On May 28, 2023
1Sharon:
As a child stay out of your parents relationship

Your dad may be poisoning your mind against your mum.

What did your father do? Something must have brought it on.

I strongly disagree with you. She may be behaving this way because of a grudge she holds against him for what he has done in the past. She does not need to bully him to death because he deserves to live long like her. And if she is tired, let her leave him. I hate women who expect heaven and earth from their husbands or compare them to others when they know they can't have it.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by Kayit(m): 8:49pm On May 28, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
Tell your mum/dad to divorce since there's no love between them anymore.
Imagine the kind of advise you are giving. 🙄
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by MoneyMustBMade(m): 8:50pm On May 28, 2023
1Sharon:
As a child stay out of your parents relationship

Your dad may be poisoning your mind against your mum.

What did your father do? Something must have brought it on.

Did you even read what he wrote up there
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by MoneyMustBMade(m): 8:51pm On May 28, 2023
frozen70:

I will advise you discuss this with your dad first of all to find out why he gave her so much power to bully him

However, if you don't like his response then you tell him that you want to confront your mum

As you are confronting your mum, be very calm and ask her why she is hostile on dad

Listen to her reply, if it makes no sense, then tell her politely to stop that attitude on your dad that you feel ashame of everything

With time be observing her and see if she is adjusting to your advice and warning

Onw of the best reply so far
Op should take this serious
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by MoneyMustBMade(m): 8:54pm On May 28, 2023
duro4chang:
Men are passing through a lot of difficult situations but they dare not say it out. That is one of the reasons why men die earlier than women.

I swear
Plenty fathers are going through this silently, some women even killed thier husband silently but when children grow up now the mum will Poison there mind against thier dad
The next thing you will see is the children celebrating only the mum and agreeing that thier father is wicked

1 Like

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by MoneyMustBMade(m): 8:55pm On May 28, 2023
Exodus15v11:
You don't see abuse and overlook it. Talk to your siblings and get other family members involved if you must. She is abusing him and you also said he doesn't walk well like before, hence for the sake of his health and longevity, y'all should stand up for him. You said no one has warned her sternly, which is probably why she hasn't stopped. She can't bully all of you join, can she? Speak up and put a stop to it asap.

Nice talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by OvertheTop(m): 8:56pm On May 28, 2023
Codes151:
minus sentiments , he said nothing.
The post is vague.
So even you shouldn’t draw conclusions.

She Treats him Badly many times... is Enough Observation. undecided
Oga , Stop Discrediting the Guy. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by MoneyMustBMade(m): 8:57pm On May 28, 2023
Gadafii:
Many men are in your dad’s shoes unfortunately

But the problem is that nobody will hear about it, but let your dad shout on your mom, ara adugbo go hear about am

My anger is that the same children will grow up, the mother will Poison there mind against thier father
All the children wealth will now be going to the mother, father will be gettt only alcohol
But mum car, clothes money
I pity men
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by Emanodimo(m): 8:57pm On May 28, 2023
Many have spoken.
My thought is that you should secure yourself financially now, then and in the future so that you don't experience what he experienced.
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by AngelDo: 8:58pm On May 28, 2023
Wise one!!!
frozen70:

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by Uchedizzy(f): 9:23pm On May 28, 2023
You Just described my dad, doesnt smoke, drink or womanzie and doesnt keep friends, you should speak up for your dad
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by OvertheTop(m): 9:37pm On May 28, 2023
Smartguyboy:

HBP will kill the man very soon if you don’t act.
That what men get when they are not able to provide for the family God forbid.

NO, You mean: when they are continuously Abused, Unappreciated for all their Previous efforts....
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by transient123(m): 10:23pm On May 28, 2023
Most women are very ungrateful and has toxic tongues, albeit there is always consequences for these 2 terrible behaviours.

However, I advice you guys should singularly talk to your mum against bad mouthing your dad, if that didn't work, make it a collective one, if that fails, please threaten her with wisdom by saying if anything happens to your dad, that will be be held responsible and everyone made.to know she is a reason he died.

More importantly, pray and seek guidance before embarking on this.

Never severe the ties of motherhood or fatherhood through this. God hears the prayer and curse of parents in favour of against children. Be careful.
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by SawD007: 12:00am On May 29, 2023
frozen70:

Sister pls
You are welcome

You're incredible and a wise woman. When they say all naija girls are useless, I know there are exceptions to all this opinions. Your intelligent quotient is IDAN.
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by austinbrown: 12:01am On May 29, 2023
U won’t know the importance of ur dad until something happens to him, personally I hate disrespect from women pls warn ur mom to stop disrespecting ur dad if not ur dad will not last he is dying silently

1 Like

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by toprealman: 12:04am On May 29, 2023
aidameoryou:

Never talked bout it with her
You need to ASAP, matter of urgency. Your oko man is going gradually.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by SawD007: 12:07am On May 29, 2023
WantsandMore:
lmao ...unnecessary but ok

Bro, you've got the best advice and inssight s from @frozen70... When u already read a wise advice like that, don't go look further for more confusion. As she said, talk to your Dad about your observation, you'll get more insights.
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by WantsandMore: 12:15am On May 29, 2023
SawD007:

Bro, you've got the best advice and inssight s from @frozen70... When u already read a wise advice like that, don't go look further for more confusion. As she said, talk to your Dad about your observation, you'll get more insights.
Yo why is this moniker on your mention though?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Help!! My Father Has Too Much Interest On Widows / Traditonal Marriage And Court Marriage / Blackson Nwanyanwu & Siblings Accused Of Beating Up Their Brother's Wife (Graphi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.