Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi (3587 Views)

Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food / Goodluck Jonathan Visits Reuben Fasoranti, Afenifere Leader For Condolence / IPOB Sacks Nnamdi Kanu As Leader For 'Valuing His Dog Above Murdered Members Hu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by TonyRazor(m): 8:36pm On May 28, 2023
Our correspondent

Soludo sacks Anambra women's leader for taking picture with Peter Obi

Crisis has rocked the ancient city of Ebenebe, Awka North Local Government Area, Anambra State following dethronement of the community's women leader otherwise referred to as Chairperson or Women President General, Mrs Favour Nworah, by the State government.

Nworah, who has been the Women President General of Ebenebe Town Union Women Wing (ETU WW) since April 2019, was sacked by governor Chukwuma Soludo on April 2023, few months after the 2023 general elections.

According to sources, the Women PG was sacked from office because she appeared in different photographs with the uniforms of Labour Party (LP), including posing with and at political events attended by the Presidential candidate of the party, Mr Peter Obi, the LP Awka North House of Assembly candidate, Mr Ferdinand Onwuje and others.

The development has degenerated into factionalisation of the women's group, with one led by the government appointed Interim Women Leader, Mrs Josephine Okafor, even as supporters of the embattled Women Leader (Nworah) have been staging peaceful protest in Ebenebe and Awka respectively.

Leader of one of the protests staged at Ebenebe, Mrs Florence Nnatu, accused some stakeholders of Ebenebe including the leadership of Ebenebe Town Union (men wing) of having hands in the crisis and urged them to back out to avoid creating crisis among their wives.

A petition obtained during the protest dated April 25, 2023 filed by Bar. P. I. Chukwudebelu of Kirkland Solicitors, Awka, the counsel to ETU WW, and signed by 8 Chair ladies from 8 villages of Ebenebe, showed that the women leader had on March 24th, 2023 written to the Women Affairs commissioner, explaining that her tenure would expire on April 11th and her executive wanted the ministry's presence at an election scheduled to hold on April 13th, 2023.

The petition read, "Our clients were taken aback when the scheduled election was called off and/or suspended supposedly on the instructions of your esteemed office albeit upon wrong presentations from politicians. The feelers now is that the same political forces are at the verge of imposing misfits and unsuitable persons as a proposed caretaker Committee of Ebenebe Town Union Wing Wing without even consulting the relevant stakeholders to that effect.

"That the stoppage of the democratic election processes and its attendance constitution of caretaker Committee in the Ebenebe Town Union Women Wing would bring about unpleasant and avoidable crisis in this union and this, our clients seek to prevent through your good office which they expect to do justice in this regards."

In an interview, the embattled Women Leader, Mrs Favour Nworah, while collaborating the content of the petition, presented a copy of the ETU WW by-laws to our correspondent, which among other things indicated that their principal offices were elected positions whose tenure last for four years and renewable for another four years (if voted for again), as well as free from political interferences and appointments.

Nworah, however, admitted to have supported Onwuje during the 2023 House of Assembly elections "because he is my husband and always by my side. APGA (All Progressive Grand Alliance) candidate have not called me even once talk more of coming to me as his woman PG upon I am from the same ward with him. The day he visited Awka North women wing he meets Amansea Woman PG instead of me."

She further maintained that she remains an APGA and worked for APGA and Soludo during the 2021 governorship elections, adding that "I couldn't sleep because I know what I did for APGA and soludo. I used my money, my products, my strength and time for my party APGA to make sure soludo won. I visited all the wards in Awka north to make sure women votes count. "

But the President General of Ebenebe Town Union (ETU), Hon. Chukwudi Okonkwo, said his office was not responsible for Nworah's removal although he was aware of an appointment of Mrs Josephine Okafor to act in her place as Interim Women Leader/Chairperson for the community.

" Anambra State government has appointed an Interim Executive led by Mrs Josephine Okafor to lead Ebenebe Town Union Women Wing. I don't have the power to do it or question the government for taking such steps. I learnt that Mrs Okafor was appointed by the ministry after considering various petitions filed against Mrs Nworah by her fellow women. I have some of the petitions copied to me. The government has power to also announce election for the women whenever it deems it necessary," Okonkwo stated.

A copy of the petition from anti-Nworah (supporters of removal of the Women Leader), dated March 31, 2023 signed by a different set of eight women from eight villages made up of Ebenebe community and addressed to the Commissioner for Women Affairs, Mrs Ify Obinabo, accused the woman of high-handedness and anti-government.

It reads "Another reason for this petition is that our woman leader (Mrs Favour Nworah) who is in payroll of the State government has been working against the interest of the State party, All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA). During the last state House of Assembly elections, Nworah and her group worked tirelessly against APGA and her candidate, Hon. Chimezie Ikwunne to the knowledge of everybody in Ebenebe. We have proof.

"The tenure of Nworah expired since April 2022 but she refused to conduct elections because she wanted to use her position to campaign for the candidate of Labour Party in the last House of Assembly elections, Hon. Ferdinand Onwuje who lost in the APGA primary election and detected into the Labour Party. All efforts to have her change her mind proved abortive. The constitution states that each leader has only tenure of three years."

Speaking on authenticity of the Women Wing By-laws, the immediate past President General of Ebenebe Town Union, Mr Paul Nnatu, said he knew when it was constituted and endorsed by the women only.

Nnatu also dismissed the claims in the petition that Nworah was appointed by him, explaining that his executive witnessed her election on April 2019 as an observer when it was conducted at the palace of His Royal Highness Igwe Christopher Nnaegbuna and supervised by representatives of Anambra State Ministry of Women Affairs.

When contacted on phone (recorded), the Anambra State Commissioner for Women Affairs, Mrs Ify Obinabo, said she was not free to comment and ended the call. A message earlier sent to her WhatsApp since 9.48pm on Saturday was not replied to date even though she acknowledged receiving them during the call on Sunday.

Similarly, the Interim Chairperson/Woman Leader, Ebenebe Town Union Women Wing, Mrs Josephine Okafor refused to respond to our calls.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by Wodu89: 8:37pm On May 28, 2023
Soludo the power drunk

5 Likes

Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by HacheNoire: 8:40pm On May 28, 2023
🤣🤣🤣🤣

The way Soludo will be booted out in next election will be very funny!

All those atomic bombs he dropped on Peter will be avenged!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by malcom1X: 9:31pm On May 28, 2023
According to sources, the Women PG was sacked from office because she appeared in different photographs WITH THE UNIFORMS of LABOUR PARTY(LP), including posing with and at political events attended by the Presidential candidate of the party, Mr Peter Obi, the LP Awka North House of Assembly candidate.

3 Likes

Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by Resurrection212: 9:32pm On May 28, 2023
And you think he give a damn? No time for traitors.
HacheNoire:
🤣🤣🤣🤣

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by HacheNoire: 9:34pm On May 28, 2023
Resurrection212:
And you think he give a damn? No time for traitors.

At a time, you are right.

He definitely knows what’s coming.

3 Likes

Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by ican2020: 9:39pm On May 28, 2023
Painment raise to power ten

1 Like

Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 9:42pm On May 28, 2023
grin

Nice one. Peter Obituary is dead on arrive

6 Likes

Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by Igwe9(m): 9:46pm On May 28, 2023
He will soon need them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by Scream(m): 9:54pm On May 28, 2023
Naughty Professor...

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by PlayerMeji: 10:45pm On May 28, 2023
Fake news just to spite Soludo...

If he sack am nko? Did the US not just release the list of persons of interest which Obi was implicated...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by akakurukukaku(m): 10:48pm On May 28, 2023
Is good na. So that others will learn their lessons from her. She should resume as Peter Obi's women leader on Twitter

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by Flangelo12: 10:58pm On May 28, 2023
HacheNoire:
🤣🤣🤣🤣

And Anambra state would be better for it.

Soludo would cry ehn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by updatechange(m): 12:05am On May 29, 2023
I don’t believe this… Soludo is not this petty

1 Like

Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by Okoroawusa: 12:12am On May 29, 2023
Can a governor sack a town union executive?

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by Okoroawusa: 12:13am On May 29, 2023
updatechange:
I don’t believe this… Soludo is not this petty
I don't believe it too
Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by yarimo(m): 12:52am On May 29, 2023
That is very commendable from governor SOLUDO
Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by onumadu: 1:28am On May 29, 2023
This story may not even be true, but it shows the level of resentment building against Soludo in Anambra state.
Heck even if someone fails to get an erection to satisfy his wife these days, he will blame it on Soludo! grin
Soludo has sowed the wind. He will reap the whirlwind.
The resentment will only get worse.
In his next incarnation, he will grab wisdom along with intelligence before coming to the world. hehe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by iluvdonjazzy: 1:51am On May 29, 2023
Igbos that cannot even unite themselves want to unite Nigeria
Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by Wickedfacts: 3:15am On May 29, 2023
HacheNoire:
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nothing will happen.
That last election where Obi contested Presidency under LP, APGA won the House of Assembly seats in Anambra in a majority sweep. APGA 17, LP 8.
Even Peter Obi himself didn't believe it.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by HacheNoire: 3:17am On May 29, 2023
Wickedfacts:

That last election where Obi contested Presidency under LP, APGA won the House of Assembly seats in Anambra in a clean sweep.
Even Peter Obi himself didn't believe it.

I wish he would but facing reality, it’s seems almost impossible.

Don’t use the house elections to judge, they will come for Soludo’s head in a governorship election

1 Like

Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by Wickedfacts: 3:20am On May 29, 2023
HacheNoire:

I wish he would but facing reality, it’s seems almost impossible.

Don’t use the house elections to judge, they will come for Soludo’s head in a governorship election

Those who knew Obiano could have sworn that he wasn't going to get a second term. Guess what? He did.
Soludo will get his Second term, guaranteed.

Another person is Uzodinma. That one will get more than double his opponent's votes. Even Obidients are attesting to his developmental strides in Imo. They just don't like that he's dealing with criminal terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by HacheNoire: 3:23am On May 29, 2023
Wickedfacts:

Those who knew Obiano could have sworn that he wasn't going to get a second term. Guess what? He did.
Soludo will get his Second term, guaranteed.

Another person is Uzodinma. That one will get more than double his opponent's votes. Even Obidients are attesting to his developmental strides in Imo. They just don't like that he's dealing with criminal terrorists.

Let me try to agree with you.

Obidients are very mean. Do you think they will bypass Soludo after all he did to Peter?
Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by gare(f): 4:41am On May 29, 2023
TonyRazor:
Our correspondent

Soludo sacks Anambra women's leader for taking picture with Peter Obi

Crisis has rocked the ancient city of Ebenebe, Awka North Local Government Area, Anambra State following dethronement of the community's women leader otherwise referred to as Chairperson or Women President General, Mrs Favour Nworah, by the State government.

Nworah, who has been the Women President General of Ebenebe Town Union Women Wing (ETU WW) since April 2019, was sacked by governor Chukwuma Soludo on April 2023, few months after the 2023 general elections.

According to sources, the Women PG was sacked from office because she appeared in different photographs with the uniforms of Labour Party (LP), including posing with and at political events attended by the Presidential candidate of the party, Mr Peter Obi, the LP Awka North House of Assembly candidate, Mr Ferdinand Onwuje and others.

The development has degenerated into factionalisation of the women's group, with one led by the government appointed Interim Women Leader, Mrs Josephine Okafor, even as supporters of the embattled Women Leader (Nworah) have been staging peaceful protest in Ebenebe and Awka respectively.

Leader of one of the protests staged at Ebenebe, Mrs Florence Nnatu, accused some stakeholders of Ebenebe including the leadership of Ebenebe Town Union (men wing) of having hands in the crisis and urged them to back out to avoid creating crisis among their wives.

A petition obtained during the protest dated April 25, 2023 filed by Bar. P. I. Chukwudebelu of Kirkland Solicitors, Awka, the counsel to ETU WW, and signed by 8 Chair ladies from 8 villages of Ebenebe, showed that the women leader had on March 24th, 2023 written to the Women Affairs commissioner, explaining that her tenure would expire on April 11th and her executive wanted the ministry's presence at an election scheduled to hold on April 13th, 2023.

The petition read, "Our clients were taken aback when the scheduled election was called off and/or suspended supposedly on the instructions of your esteemed office albeit upon wrong presentations from politicians. The feelers now is that the same political forces are at the verge of imposing misfits and unsuitable persons as a proposed caretaker Committee of Ebenebe Town Union Wing Wing without even consulting the relevant stakeholders to that effect.

"That the stoppage of the democratic election processes and its attendance constitution of caretaker Committee in the Ebenebe Town Union Women Wing would bring about unpleasant and avoidable crisis in this union and this, our clients seek to prevent through your good office which they expect to do justice in this regards."

In an interview, the embattled Women Leader, Mrs Favour Nworah, while collaborating the content of the petition, presented a copy of the ETU WW by-laws to our correspondent, which among other things indicated that their principal offices were elected positions whose tenure last for four years and renewable for another four years (if voted for again), as well as free from political interferences and appointments.

Nworah, however, admitted to have supported Onwuje during the 2023 House of Assembly elections "because he is my husband and always by my side. APGA (All Progressive Grand Alliance) candidate have not called me even once talk more of coming to me as his woman PG upon I am from the same ward with him. The day he visited Awka North women wing he meets Amansea Woman PG instead of me."

She further maintained that she remains an APGA and worked for APGA and Soludo during the 2021 governorship elections, adding that "I couldn't sleep because I know what I did for APGA and soludo. I used my money, my products, my strength and time for my party APGA to make sure soludo won. I visited all the wards in Awka north to make sure women votes count. "

But the President General of Ebenebe Town Union (ETU), Hon. Chukwudi Okonkwo, said his office was not responsible for Nworah's removal although he was aware of an appointment of Mrs Josephine Okafor to act in her place as Interim Women Leader/Chairperson for the community.

" Anambra State government has appointed an Interim Executive led by Mrs Josephine Okafor to lead Ebenebe Town Union Women Wing. I don't have the power to do it or question the government for taking such steps. I learnt that Mrs Okafor was appointed by the ministry after considering various petitions filed against Mrs Nworah by her fellow women. I have some of the petitions copied to me. The government has power to also announce election for the women whenever it deems it necessary," Okonkwo stated.

A copy of the petition from anti-Nworah (supporters of removal of the Women Leader), dated March 31, 2023 signed by a different set of eight women from eight villages made up of Ebenebe community and addressed to the Commissioner for Women Affairs, Mrs Ify Obinabo, accused the woman of high-handedness and anti-government.

It reads "Another reason for this petition is that our woman leader (Mrs Favour Nworah) who is in payroll of the State government has been working against the interest of the State party, All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA). During the last state House of Assembly elections, Nworah and her group worked tirelessly against APGA and her candidate, Hon. Chimezie Ikwunne to the knowledge of everybody in Ebenebe. We have proof.

"The tenure of Nworah expired since April 2022 but she refused to conduct elections because she wanted to use her position to campaign for the candidate of Labour Party in the last House of Assembly elections, Hon. Ferdinand Onwuje who lost in the APGA primary election and detected into the Labour Party. All efforts to have her change her mind proved abortive. The constitution states that each leader has only tenure of three years."

Speaking on authenticity of the Women Wing By-laws, the immediate past President General of Ebenebe Town Union, Mr Paul Nnatu, said he knew when it was constituted and endorsed by the women only.

Nnatu also dismissed the claims in the petition that Nworah was appointed by him, explaining that his executive witnessed her election on April 2019 as an observer when it was conducted at the palace of His Royal Highness Igwe Christopher Nnaegbuna and supervised by representatives of Anambra State Ministry of Women Affairs.

When contacted on phone (recorded), the Anambra State Commissioner for Women Affairs, Mrs Ify Obinabo, said she was not free to comment and ended the call. A message earlier sent to her WhatsApp since 9.48pm on Saturday was not replied to date even though she acknowledged receiving them during the call on Sunday.

Similarly, the Interim Chairperson/Woman Leader, Ebenebe Town Union Women Wing, Mrs Josephine Okafor refused to respond to our calls.

i dont see this guy surviving more than one term, this is the person you guys are saying should be the president from the east as Nigeria's President, it will not work, so nobody should talk to Obi again ? I really dont understand how people like this end up in Power.
Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by inoki247: 4:50am On May 29, 2023
gare:

i dont see this guy surviving more than one term, this is the person you guys are saying should be the president from the east as Nigeria's President, it will not work, so nobody should talk to Obi again ? I really dont understand how people like this end up in Power.

Lol joker like say your same Obi didn't Victimize LP when he was a Governor in Anambra....

Obi is free to do something and u will still worship while your enemy or Opposition must not try the same you will call for there head....

1 Like

Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by gare(f): 4:51am On May 29, 2023
inoki247:

Lol joker like say your same Obi didn't Victimize LP when he was a Governor in Anambra....

Obi is free to do something and u will still worship while your enemy or Opposition must not try the same you will call for there head....

But why would you start sacking people for taking pictures, i really dont understand.
Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by inoki247: 4:56am On May 29, 2023
gare:

But why would you start sacking people for taking pictures, i really dont understand.

I don't want to believe the news is real cos it looks like fake no link just something someone made up....

But stop making it look like your Obi is a saint he as also victimize people in the opposition party and nobody call for his head this how Nigeria Politicians act always wanting to kill opposition with derr body language....

1 Like

Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by gare(f): 5:06am On May 29, 2023
inoki247:

I don't want to believe the news is real cos it looks like fake no link just something someone made up....

But stop making it look like your Obi is a saint he as also victimize people in the opposition party and nobody call for his head this how Nigeria Politicians act always wanting to kill opposition with derr body language....

Baba, please everything must not be about Obi, I never made reference to Obi, I only mentioned how taking a picture could lead to sack =ing someone, you guys should go about your lives and let the Obi this Obi that, NOW HE IS MY OBI
Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by inoki247: 5:07am On May 29, 2023
gare:

Baba, please everything must not be about Obi, I never made reference to Obi, I only mentioned how taking a picture could lead to sack =ing someone, you guys should go about your lives and let the Obi this Obi that, NOW HE IS MY OBI

You made mention of Obi I would've jump and pass....

After Pointing out your hypocrisy you're now saying you didn't mention OBi....

Why not just use LP or say nobody should be in the opposition again you bodly mention Obi now you're denying....

1 Like

Re: Soludo Sacks Anambra Women's Leader For Taking Picture With Peter Obi by YOUTUBE9ja(m): 5:11am On May 29, 2023
[quote author=Wickedfacts post=123433286

Obi is popular in Igboland

[/quote]

Bro GoodMorning, hope you had a good sleep

(1) (2) (Reply)

I’m Happy Wike Has Boxed Himself In A Political Dead End – Dele Momodu / My Boss Who's A Staunch Supporter To Tinubu Is Traveling To Canada Today / Is Babangida Innocent Of All Allegations?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.