Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East (23457 Views)

Smuggling: Customs Seizes 15 Trucks Loaded With Food Items In Sokoto / Habu Sarkin-Fulani: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice From ‘Buhari’s Storekeeper’ / Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by Sleekfingers: 10:59am On May 29, 2023
Ajisebioyolaari:
It is an endangered specie. Don't you get it?

Now I get it. So it is illegal in Nigeria and some other countries.
But during my visit to Italy . I ate donkey meat stew.
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by Ajisebioyolaari: 11:02am On May 29, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Now I get it. So it is illegal in Nigeria and some other countries.
But during my visit to Italy . I ate donkey meat stew.
it is illegal in Nigeria and the people trading in it know it but are just trying to whip up public sentiments against the Nigeria Customs. The last time before this, over 1000 donkeys were slaughtered and Custom complained bitterly. Even Wildlife protection organisations protested.

2 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by Haveyoueatentod: 11:03am On May 29, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Yes, Tinko is donkey and camel meats.
Some are made with dead horse. Which is highly priced.
Omg
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by Sleekfingers: 11:04am On May 29, 2023
Ajisebioyolaari:
it is illegal in Nigeria and the people trading in it know it but are just trying to whip up public sentiments against the Nigeria Customs. The last time before this, over 1000 donkeys were slaughtered and Custom complained bitterly. Even Wildlife protection organisations protested.

Ok
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by Nicenixon: 11:16am On May 29, 2023
Nobody is why the main reason why custom seized the dried donkey skin. It doesn't make sense at all because I don't think there is any law in constitution or any agency against the internal trading of donkey skin within the country since it wasn't imported. Pls, I stand to be corrected.
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by Macphenson: 11:21am On May 29, 2023
luckedesiri:
..... How u take know say na 30k per month e dey earn...... Make your point and leave..... No dey act like say with one house and several landed properties... U have arrived.... Where your own stop , na there other people own start..... Make your point and leave his income out of it

I have not arrived anywhere, am not even anywhere near the major players in that business but loosing #10M is no joke to me because its my hard earned money.

If you read that write up properly, you would have seen where it stated that many people are earning a living through that business.

They are wrecking people. I know some people that took bank loans to do that business and the goods were impounded. Its not a contraband.

Why wrecking people's legitimate source of lively hood.

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by nedekid: 11:31am On May 29, 2023
Mabizeka:
And you think you made sense with this gibberish? Your parents not only failed to educate you, they failed woefully to train you at home hence why you lack manners and decorum on a public forum. I repeat again, stop supporting mediocre people and their irrelevant posts. It doesn't add anything to nairaland. Remember thousands if not millions of foreigners visits here on a daily basis. Try and upgrade your self and your ineffective brain.
Well said bro
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by nedekid: 11:41am On May 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Happy to chase out Nigerians from your land yet complain that some Yoruba Nation agitators are demanding that Igbo leave Lagos and Yorubaland. Smh
Your sense of Justice is injurious to justice itself. By the time those Yoruba nation guys chase Igbo out of Yorubaland then it is your fault not that of the Fulani you hate because of their son Buhari. In life, you reap what you sow.
Sorry to say, the crap you wrote does not make sense.
Fulanis and other tribes stay in the East and other parts of Nigeria peacefully, the illegitimate criminal ones in the bushes are those that when they commit crimes are chased, no different from how Mr Igboho went to the bush with his men to chase and capture that Fulani warlord.
Feel free to chase anyone you wish to out of parts of Nigeria after changing the constitution. Also have enough money at hand to buy back landed property at current market rate.
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by greggng: 11:57am On May 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Donkey meat being sold in Anambra. Smh
As in donkey meat shocked

Donkey meat from Kebbi, a Hausa state with Fulani, being eaten in Onitsha and Anambra state shocked What happened to the cows and cow meat? Kebbi has fish, cow , goats and sheep, why not any of these animals instead of donkey meat? This is really unfair to meat consumers who do not know they are being fed donkey meat.

The meat must be very very obscenely cheap like the obnoxious abhored horse meat and there must probably be severe meat scarcity going on in the South East after chasing away the Northerners and Fulani. HE Soludo and NAFDAC must please get to the bottom of this. Meat from donkey should be labelled as such so people know.

This is unbelievable! Donkey meat shocked
Check my signature for free stuffs!

Donkey meat is a special and expensive meat . That's why people that know the value demand for it . Nobody will sell his expensive donkey meat on exchange for less expensive cow meat
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:38pm On May 29, 2023
So is true that they sell donkey kponmo in east? I wont eat Pomoo again angry
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by luckedesiri(m): 1:57pm On May 29, 2023
Macphenson:

I have not arrived anywhere, am not even anywhere near the major players in that business but loosing #10M is no joke to me because its my hard earned money.

If you read that write up properly, you would have seen where it stated that many people are earning a living through that business.

They are wrecking people. I know some people that took bank loans to do that business and the goods were impounded. Its not a contraband.

Why wrecking people's legitimate source of lively hood.
....... Why don't you seek for the reason why they seized donkey meat..... Will they do same to goat or chicken or turkey or cattle
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by Edoziesmart(m): 2:04pm On May 29, 2023
samfrancis1:
more like human meat is healthy.. Hmn well done
Are you now comparing human being to donkey?
Does donkey has any correlation with human?

Which law forbid people from eating camel and donkey?
I don't know why some educated "illiterate" in this forum will always claim woke in everything.
Consuming donkey that is a mammal like goat, dog, cow etc is now a bad thing.

What I codemn people from eating is anything from primate species, because eating such animal is like eating human flesh 🤨
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by Macphenson: 2:18pm On May 29, 2023
luckedesiri:
....... Why don't you seek for the reason why they seized donkey meat..... Will they do same to goat or chicken or turkey or cattle

Thats the question we have been asking without answer. Is donkey meat a contraband? People still eat camel and other meats. The Senate have held hearing on this subject matter.
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by fijihems: 2:47pm On May 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Donkey meat from Kebbi, a Hausa state with Fulani, being eaten in Onitsha and Anambra state shocked What happened to the cows and cow meat? Kebbi has fish, cow , goats and sheep, why not any of these animals instead of donkey meat? This is really unfair to meat consumers who do not know they are being fed donkey meat.

The meat must be very very obscenely cheap like the obnoxious abhored horse meat and there must probably be severe meat scarcity going on in the South East after chasing away the Northerners and Fulani. HE Soludo and NAFDAC must please get to the bottom of this. Meat from donkey should be labelled as such so people know.

What is actually wrong with donkey meat and horse meat? God said we can eat meat from any animal and He declared all meats as clean for our consumption.

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by davodyguy: 4:10pm On May 29, 2023
BaddestQueen:
this is not new naaa
it's been consumed since ages.
it's popularly called anu jaki
just like Northerners that consumes Carmel.
nothing wrong in whatever anyone chooses to consume as far as it's not human flesh.
A lot is wrong.

FDA in USA prevents certain food consumption, same as NAFDAC in Nigeria.

Foods that would kill you and kill others that join you in consuming it should be prohibited.

Tobacco is dangerous, that's why adverts have been stopped throughout the world. Those days we see Benson and Hedges, etc sponsor shows, but all has been stopped across the world in conjunction with WHO

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by Styluss: 5:05pm On May 29, 2023
They call it Tink, its actually nice
FreeStuffsNG:

Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 29, 2023
nony43:

And you eat beef meat. So you are a cow .

And you eat donkey. So you're a donkey. Actually in your case you were a donkey before even eating it.
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by occfx: 5:26pm On May 29, 2023
KingOfIsoko1:
Donkey meat is very healthy

Donkey meat is very sweet
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by nony43(m): 7:31pm On May 29, 2023
SamboAnguissa:

And you eat donkey. So you're a donkey. Actually in your case you were a donkey before even eating it.

I don’t eat donkey I have not even seen it before.
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by samfrancis1(m): 1:04am On May 31, 2023
Edoziesmart:

Are you now comparing human being to donkey?
Does donkey has any correlation with human?

Which law forbid people from eating camel and donkey?
I don't know why some educated "illiterate" in this forum will always claim woke in everything.
Consuming donkey that is a mammal like goat, dog, cow etc is now a bad thing.

What I codemn people from eating is anything from primate species, because eating such animal is like eating human flesh 🤨
yes you can call it illiteracy but I love the fact that you’re defending and justifying what you do.. now imagine how someone who eats gorilla will also say. Or people who eat cockroaches and lizard when you try to talk against it..
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by Edoziesmart(m): 10:08pm On May 31, 2023
samfrancis1:
yes you can call it illiteracy but I love the fact that you’re defending and justifying what you do.. now imagine how someone who eats gorilla will also say. Or people who eat cockroaches and lizard when you try to talk against it..
Why should you eat gorilla when it is under the family of primate?
Like I said I forbid human being from eating primates

Why should you eat cockroach when it bread virus that can cause you sickness eg typhoid?
Same thing goes with eating lizard that don't have any meat and also constitute illness to human?

Like I said eating donkey and camel is good. That you don't like it doesn't make it illegal to consume.
Same with the way Muslim forbid pig doesn't make it a bad meat.
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by samfrancis1(m): 9:01pm On Jun 02, 2023
Edoziesmart:

Why should you eat gorilla when it is under the family of primate?
Like I said I forbid human being from eating primates

Why should you eat cockroach when it bread virus that can cause you sickness eg typhoid?
Same thing goes with eating lizard that don't have any meat and also constitute illness to human?

Like I said eating donkey and camel is good. That you don't like it doesn't make it illegal to consume.
Same with the way Muslim forbid pig doesn't make it a bad meat.
how you forbid gorilla destiny make them bad meat to.. they’re still animal of the forest..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu / I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike / Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.