Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,360 members, 7,836,468 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! (3899 Views)

There Is No God / The Fact That Kanu Is Freely Traveling The World Proves He Is Not A Terrorist / Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by Philgafauto: 10:41am On May 29, 2023
Sergio101:
Very wonderful write up.

Let's accept our fate.

Any how it comes out

Thank you very much. The write up came from the depths of my pain as an upright Nigerian.

But my convictions are firm that man is the decider of this destiny and humans are the architect of their societies.

2 Likes

Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by maestroferddi: 10:44am On May 29, 2023
Philgafauto:

What foreknowledge are you talking about? Your God never acts but sits up there and expects worship and reverence from his subjects. You religious ones continue to demand perpetual obeisance from humans while evil and practical men continue to kill and destroy his so called children.
Now you are coming close...

No objective person will tell you that it is not a serious concern when something like what we are experiencing happens...

While the knee-jerk reaction might be to blame God and wallow in potentially disastrous disillusionment, wisdom dictates that we take a moment to reflect on things and understand from how God does His things...

My brother I can tell you with the highest degree of certitude that God WILL NEVER forsake their cries and petitions of His for the enthronement of justice and righteousness.

It is certainly a trying time but it will pass away and my prayer is that God will keep all of us alive to see the ULTIMATE WILL of God prevail and see the end of the wicked...

If I cite David now, you may accuse me of being religious but what of the nation of Israel?

A nation of less than 6 million (then) with less than 10 years of nationhood humiliating more than 20 countries...
Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by Philgafauto: 10:48am On May 29, 2023
maestroferddi:
Now you are coming close...

No objective person will tell you that it is not a serious concern when something like what we are experiencing happens...

While the knee-jerk reaction might be to blame God and wallow in potentially disastrous disillusionment, wisdom dictates that we take a moment to reflect on things and understand from how God does His things...

My brother I can tell you with the highest degree of certitude that God WILL NEVER forsake their cries and petitions of His for the enthronement of justice and righteousness.

It is certainly a trying time but it will pass away and my prayer is that God will keep all of us alive to see the ULTIMATE WILL of God prevail and see the end of the wicked...

If I cite David now, you may accuse me of being religious but what of the nation of Israel?

A nation of less than 6 million (then) with less than 10 years of nationhood humiliating more than 20 countries...

Becoming an atheist has imbued me with renewed vigor to explore all ways to conquer in this world, including consulting evil mediums to move ahead in life. Only the pragmatic and evil succeed in this physical world.

I just penned this write up to perhaps rile up sleeping religious people. Humans are gods and they have the power to chart the course of their destiny.

No God helps anybody.

1 Like

Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by maestroferddi: 11:03am On May 29, 2023
Metaverse:

How exactly does it sound to you that a so called omnipotent god, sat down and watched Hitler and his soldiers destroy millions of women and children and men, and then decided to stop him at the last minute?

And you really rely on this your nursery rhymes story as proof of so called god's existence?

The quality of the dark skinned "homo sapien" species inhabiting Africa is something of a serious concern.

What a mess!
There is Satan in existence...

I hope you will not ask me why does God allow him to exist...

The same way shouldn't be asking me why God did not allow you to become Joseph Biden but instead instead an individual who is surviving Buhari only to be facing a Tinubu...

You see the issue has existential ramifications..

Agnosticism and Atheism are just disingenuous ways projecting defeatism and nihilism to a pedestal..

What does the denial of the existence of God achieved? Can the denial or indifference to God confer immortality to their proponents?

We are in an imperfect world whose failings predate our existence so the least we can do is to follow the Supreme Being whose ways brings the order which has kept human civilisation and survival from being subsumed by base instincts..

Posing certain questions to God will not achieve anything...the practical thing should be to make meaning with hands we have been dealt...
Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by maestroferddi: 11:05am On May 29, 2023
Philgafauto:

Becoming an atheist has imbued me with renewed vigor to explore all ways to conquer in this world, including consulting evil mediums to move ahead in life. Only the pragmatic and evil succeed in this physical world.

I just penned this write up to perhaps rile up sleeping religious people. Humans are gods and they have the power to chart the course of their destiny.

No God helps anybody.
What is success?
Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by Philgafauto: 11:09am On May 29, 2023
maestroferddi:
What is success?

Good health and material success and leaving a legacy for my offspring is success to me.

1 Like

Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by FahBuLous: 11:23am On May 29, 2023
Only a fool says 'THERE IS NO GOD'
Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by maestroferddi: 11:25am On May 29, 2023
Philgafauto:

Good health and material success and leaving a legacy for my offspring is success to me.
But you will someday die and assuming that you doubt an afterlife...

What happens if there is indeed an afterlife?

Let's not even consider the high possibility that the sources which precipitated your "success" will exact some recompense now or in the future?

My brother, I don't want to be arguing with you but riches acquired at the expense of neglecting God will prove ultimately futile...

You can make the point that practicality and hard work are fundamental to success but this argument about God is such that you cannot win...

It is not like some of the people you readily brand religious were not once in your present state of mind....

It is that most of them eventually came to the realization - after serious reflection - contending with God is an exercise in futility...
Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by Philgafauto: 11:29am On May 29, 2023
maestroferddi:
But you will someday die and assuming that you doubt an afterlife...

What happens if there is indeed an afterlife?

Let's not even consider the high possibility that the sources which precipitated your "success" will exact some recompense now or in the future?

My brother, I don't want to be arguing with you but riches acquired at the expense of neglecting God will prove ultimately futile...

You can make the point that practicality and hard work are fundamental to success but this argument about God is such that you cannot win...

It is not like some of the people you readily brand religious were not once in your present state of mind....

It is that most of them eventually came to the realization - after serious reflection - contending with God is an exercise in futility...

Which God? Abeg park well jareee. God that sits down and allows evil people prosper while the righteous die and wallow in penury?

Spare me with that afterlife bull shit. If i die, i die be that. Most Africans are just existing anyways, they are not living and thriving.

2 Likes

Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by Philgafauto: 11:30am On May 29, 2023
FahBuLous:
Only a fool says 'THERE IS NO GOD'

Can you tell the white man that he is a fool?

The white race dont believe in any sky daddy "God".

Can you look at the aryan race and say it categorically that they are fools?

1 Like

Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by Tsolutionifede(m): 11:33am On May 29, 2023
Philgafauto:

I am pained and woke as f*uck. I just hope millions of Nigerians wake up. Especially the Christians.

Prayers and prophecies will destroy us. Its time to develop a defensive posture. and start building a just society right from our families. No God will save anybody.

As for the muslims, i cant advice or speak for them because i believe they have been planning since according to their worldwide annexation plans. its the christians in this country i pity. Time to wake up and foster unity and development in their family and extend same to the country.

It is either we have a country or we dont. If we were a serious country, this inauguration will not be happening. Most young educated Nigerians are unhappy because they have utopian dreams, while the society as a corrosive and endemic corrupt underbelly.
you must be a dull lawyer, for you to prefer Peter Obi over ASIWAJU, in terms of governance, in the area of intergrity, all Nigeria politicians are the same, including your Lord Peter Obi
Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by dejol88: 11:38am On May 29, 2023
zelnababa:
eyaa sorry bro, did you know what killed Obi president ambition? Religion bigotry, you think going from one church to another can make him a president, Nigeria is multi ethics and Religion country, he even said election is war against Christianity, and you wanted to Rule both Christian, Muslim and traditionalist, Obi can never and will never rule Nigeria, after ASIWAJU power is going back to north.
To be honest people like you are one of the problems we have . You are castigating obi but okay with a Muslim Muslim ticket.
Can this country have a Christian Christian ticket and not have religious crisis? People like you hate inclusion Infact I hate that we live together as country because you are too selfish.

2 Likes

Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by Wisfem: 11:40am On May 29, 2023
[i]In this context God may not be solely the accused Culprit for weakness and myopic dependency from African impoverished poorly Educated Crass ignorant society, A little tips " God is not a man that he should lie" Meaning what ever God said he must do, but the question is , who told Africans or the Unfortunate serially poor uneducated Nigerians whether Christian or Muslim that God Is willing to interfere for the wicked acts of the political class in Nigeria?? Have any One seen God?? I can not tell now!! Let's even go further in all this religious Sentiments or impositions we know that at some times the Israelites suffered for about 40yrs before any intervention from God, Having said this the bible Said That Sorrow may dwell at Night but joy cometh in the morning, So there could be an argument that Africans are clearly Suffering the darkness of the Night, who knows when the morning will come!! As for our Evolutionary societal Needs or invents we can not arrive at the apex overnight, Some Glaring truths The US that has always been the precedents for developing societies, Remained Strong and formidable why is it so Education was their priority Even now and beyond, For Nigeria Opposite or parallel is the Name: For Example the political class has Deliberately scattered, bastardized, destroyed, condemn and desecrate all Educational processes, institutions and intellectual systems in Nigeria, The end game is to impoverish the entire Society not to ever rise, forever remain poor through lack of Education and misinformation, Allowing their children and ground children who Studied at the best societies of the world to continue rule
you and your offsprings even when they are no more... posterity can not be blamed for this because there must be a fight and a real fight, Massive new oder for for this to be changed, but this Strong men will not go down without resistant or fight, A Country or nation without intellectual minds are doom forever, In Nigeria a thousand professor of law or what ever specialty is equivalent to One professor if not half professor in the United state..In Nigeria the 2023 Elections Some self acclaimed or poor systemic Educated professors who were supposed to be academic champions were used to twist, Edith and falsify Election results and each paid #100,000 hundred thousands naira to perpetrate this heinous act, How shameful it sounds, these are men that should be the hope of the evolving genuine..As For the state of things now, Tribalism, Religion, political alliance will bring no solution to this Trashetic failed state!! This people are the Military, they are the Legislature, Judiciary same time the Executive, They are all the same!! Until Education rises or Massive groups Evolves with powerful Arms and super Ammunitions, there will be no end to this rot
[/i]

1 Like

Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by maestroferddi: 11:56am On May 29, 2023
Philgafauto:

Which God? Abeg park well jareee. God that sits down and allows evil people prosper while the righteous die and wallow in penury?

Spare me with that afterlife bull shit. If i die, i die be that. Most Africans are just existing anyways, they are not living and thriving.
Try and make peace with God starting from today so that you will be triumphant ultimately...

Life has many questions but it shouldn't lead to attempting to fight God..

You are alive today because God allowed it.

Many people never had the privilege that you and me are enjoying....

Let's shun this sense of entitlement.. If you or me die today, life will continue and nothing will happen so it is only reasonable that we be thankful while bringing our questions before him...

We are all scarred by the developments in Nigeria...It is looking like God has abandoned His people but it cannot be true because God exercises sovereignty over all things...

He will do it...
Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by Philgafauto: 12:03pm On May 29, 2023
maestroferddi:
Try and make peace with God starting from today so that you will be triumphant ultimately...

Life has many questions but it shouldn't lead to attempting to fight God..

You are alive today because God allowed it.

Many people never had the privilege that you and me are enjoying....

Let's shun this sense of entitlement.. If you or me die today, life will continue and nothing will happen so it is only reasonable that we be thankful while bringing our questions before him...

We are all scarred by the developments in Nigeria...It is looking like God has abandoned His people but it cannot be true because God exercises sovereignty over all things...

He will do it...

I am not scared of death brother. Most Nigerians are dead already.

Do not scare me with the power of your God to kill me.

1 Like

Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by maestroferddi: 12:11pm On May 29, 2023
Philgafauto:

I am not scared of death brother. Most Nigerians are dead already.

Do not scare me with the power of your God to kill me.
ok..

Nobody is scaring you...

I am only sensitizing you to certain realities...

God still loves you inspire of your seeming rebellion...

Take a chill pill...You are not the only person who cannot make sense of this chaos BUT God still rules even in the midst of apparent hopelessness...
Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by zelnababa(m): 12:11pm On May 29, 2023
dejol88:

To be honest people like you are one of the problems we have . You are castigating obi but okay with a Muslim Muslim ticket.
Can this country have a Christian Christian ticket and not have religious crisis? People like you hate inclusion Infact I hate that we live together as country because you are too selfish.
am from West part of d country we see religion as nothing but choice, I have both Muslim and christian in my family,we do everything together both on Xmas and sallah day, family and society first before Religion, na una put religion matter for head
Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by zelnababa(m): 12:13pm On May 29, 2023
dejol88:

am from West part of d country we see religion as nothing but choice, I have both Muslim and christian in my family,we do everything together both on Xmas and sallah day, family and society first before Religion, na una put religion matter for head
Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by dejol88: 1:06pm On May 29, 2023
zelnababa:
Why I accused you of being selfish is because you are utilizing your ideology to infiltrate national politics without adequately considering the repercussions of your actions. We have observed instances in the past where a particular group has been marginalized due to this narrow-minded reasoning. Previously, we had both Muslim and Christian candidates participating in elections in Niger state. However, currently, no Christian is able to run for office, and we have also witnessed recent incidents in Kaduna that reinforce this trend of favoring a single faith. It is imperative for you to educate yourself on the principles of fairness, inclusion, and justice, and understand how they contribute to the promotion of unity and stability. Many individuals like yourself exhibit extreme self-centeredness while claiming to desire stability for Nigeria, yet your actions actually serve to further divide us.

Considering the actions of the All Progressives Congress (APC), it begs the question: can a Christian from the northern region ever aspire to become the President of Nigeria
Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by dejol88: 1:16pm On May 29, 2023
zelnababa:
The desired peace in Nigeria may remain elusive due to prevailing injustice. Without justice, the attainment of stability becomes increasingly improbable. Consequently, the absence of stability hinders the implementation of investments aimed at fostering job creation and poverty reduction.

Do you believe that certain individuals, fully aware that they cannot aspire to the presidency, would simply observe without participating in a struggle that could potentially instigate instability? If you are unaware, I suggest you inquire about the root causes of the crisis in Zamfara state. It is the perception of injustice that has perpetuated an ongoing state of instability there. Unfortunately, some individuals lend their support to unscrupulous politicians whose sole objective is self-enrichment, disregarding any intention of addressing the issues plaguing our nation.

Regrettably, it requires no prophetic abilities to recognize that more than 80% of Nigerians may never experience a decent quality of life in their lifetimes. This unfortunate reality remains unchanged.
Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by zelnababa(m): 2:01pm On May 29, 2023
dejol88:

Why I accused you of being selfish is because you are utilizing your ideology to infiltrate national politics without adequately considering the repercussions of your actions. We have observed instances in the past where a particular group has been marginalized due to this narrow-minded reasoning. Previously, we had both Muslim and Christian candidates participating in elections in Niger state. However, currently, no Christian is able to run for office, and we have also witnessed recent incidents in Kaduna that reinforce this trend of favoring a single faith. It is imperative for you to educate yourself on the principles of fairness, inclusion, and justice, and understand how they contribute to the promotion of unity and stability. Many individuals like yourself exhibit extreme self-centeredness while claiming to desire stability for Nigeria, yet your actions actually serve to further divide us.

Considering the actions of the All Progressives Congress (APC), it begs the question: can a Christian from the northern region ever aspire to become the President of Nigeria
I always claimed and maintained that our number one enymie is religion, we Don't even practice religion what we do is hypocrisy, we religious yet we're almost number one curropt nation, we re thief , kidnapper civil servants re curropt, then on Sunday and Friday we dressed up to religious house, whom re we deceiving? This is totally hypocrisy.
Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 29, 2023
maestroferddi:
ok..

Nobody is scaring you...

I am only sensitizing you to certain realities...

God still loves you inspire of your seeming rebellion...

Take a chill pill...You are not the only person who cannot make sense of this chaos BUT God still rules even in the midst of apparent hopelessness...
u Christians write like u are sure candidates of ur heaven.
One of ur biggest prayers should be for heaven not to exist, because u and I know NONE of Y'ALL will make it there according to what's written in 'ur' bible
Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by maestroferddi: 2:45pm On May 29, 2023
patoski39:
u Christians write like u are sure candidates of ur heaven.
One of ur biggest prayers should be for heaven not to exist, because u and I know NONE of Y'ALL will make it there according to what's written in 'ur' bible
You make me laugh...

Is it not only Christians who can allow the madness going on Nigeria to continue without resorting to violence and bloodletting?

You have to give it to Christianity for liberality and restraint...

Of course we shall make heaven because our moderation and restraint, which people like you are taking for weakness, are observed in obedience to divine instructions...
Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by maestroferddi: 2:55pm On May 29, 2023
dejol88:

This is the bone of contention..

Igbos are certainly not saints but the major point if divergence between an Igboman and others is in the perception of justice.

Certain people are acculturated move about without any qualms amidst grievous injustice and lack of fair play.

The Igbo worldview frowns seriously at injustice and inequity because of the realization that progress, development and peace cannot succeed under the superstructure of injustice and arbitrariness...
Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by dejol88: 3:15pm On May 29, 2023
maestroferddi:
This is the bone of contention..

Igbos are certainly not saints but the major point if divergence between an Igboman and others is in the perception of justice.

Certain people are acculturated move about without any qualms amidst grievous injustice and lack of fair play.

The Igbo worldview frowns seriously at injustice and inequity because of the realization that progress, development and peace cannot succeed under the superstructure of injustice and arbitrariness...
The open display of injustice, particularly in a diverse country like Nigeria, strongly reinforces my belief that the nation may face difficulties in achieving true nationhood. In a society where injustice prevails, progress becomes elusive due to the resulting instability, which in turn leads to insecurity and other social problems. This chaotic environment deters potential investors from providing financial resources, as they are hesitant to invest in an unstable and unpredictable climate. Unfortunately, this situation contributes to the alarming growth of criminal activities as individuals resort to extreme measures to ensure their own survival.

To address the underlying causes of Nigeria's struggles, it is crucial to emphasize the importance of acquiring knowledge and skills in governance, especially within the context of a diverse nation. Offering comprehensive courses on government equips future leaders with a deeper understanding of the complexities involved in managing a diverse society. This enables them to make informed decisions and implement policies that promote inclusivity, justice, and stability. Consequently, creating an environment conducive to economic growth becomes possible, attracting both local and international investments that are vital for sustainable development.

Moreover, addressing systemic issues of injustice and inequality can effectively reduce the conditions that foster social vices and criminal activities. Establishing a society where fairness and equal opportunities are the norm diminishes the desperation that drives individuals to engage in unlawful behavior. It is essential to acknowledge that people often resort to any means necessary for survival when faced with limited options. Therefore, ensuring access to education, employment opportunities, and basic necessities is crucial in mitigating the desperation and vulnerability that contribute to the exponential rise of criminality.

In summary, the open display of injustice, combined with a society plagued by instability, presents significant obstacles to Nigeria's journey towards achieving a peaceful and unified nation. Overcoming these challenges requires prioritizing educational programs that foster a deeper understanding of governance in diverse contexts. By actively promoting stability, justice, and inclusivity, Nigeria can create an environment conducive to economic growth, attract investments, and ultimately reduce criminal activities while fostering unity and prosperity within the nation
Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by Basic123: 3:42pm On May 29, 2023
Philgafauto:
Nigerians and Christians, I hope you are sitting down. I am going to blow your mind. I am going to share with you the secret of life. Ready? Good. THERE IS NO GOD. Your success or failure is all dependent on you so wishing and praying does not further anything for you. Life is like a casino and you can never hit 7 every time. You win some, you lose some. The only thing you can do is prepare yourself for when you hit 7 and take full advantage of it.

Bringing the foregoing within the context of Nigerian politics, i will say that the reason many young people and Christians are hurt is because we have a simplistic view of this life. Because western civilization is built on Judeo-Christian values, we have clung so much to religion (Christianity) that we believe there is a divine being that solves our problems and will come down to dispense justice according to our notion of good and evil. This misconception has made so many christians complacent, while forgetting that humans are basically higher animals who will go to any length to acquire power and wealth. Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the personification of all Nigerian Christians have come to acknowledge is wrong and evil. He has nebulous origins, his shadowy educational background, long history of drug smuggling, connections with the criminal underworld in Nigeria and so many other vices too many to comprehend. But the man is a genius at understanding that the African societies in general and Nigeria in particular is not yet fully evolved in the sense that our institutions are weak and corrupt. His presidential ambitions date back to the 90s when he was an acolyte to late Bashorun MKO Abiola and he began his network his then. I will come back to this later in the write up.

You see Nigerians and fellow Christians, evil rules in this world and if you are not ready to play within the evolutionary boundaries of your society, you will continue to fail in your endeavors. The rot in Nigeria is fundamental and systemic but it came to a head for me personally in the early 2000s when our young men began indulging in cybercrime and they made headway and have continued to thrive above and beyond clean and legit citizens. This rot has now permeated our political, judicial and military system. I am a lawyer by profession and i remember the question asked by late Justice Chukwudifo Oputa (of blessed memory) that if the judiciary is corrupt, where should the people go? If the executive is corrupt, you go to the judiciary for redress, if the legislature is corrupt, you find your way to the judiciary for relief, but when the judiciary is corrupt, where do you go? This poser aptly captures the predicament of Nigeria today. As a lawyer and a Nigerian, it pains me that we have to go through this mess to realize how royally f*cked we are. If we had as a society relegated religion and elevated practical nation building, with strong critical state institutions, there is no way Bola Ahmed Tinubu would have been able to defeat all our institutions no matter how much billions he had. If we had strong institutions, he would not even had been a Governor in Lagos State. Anyways, that is water under under the bridge and in a few hours time he would be sworn in as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. And for the record, no non-existent God or sky daddy will do shit about it. We got ourselves into this situation because we are blindly religious, not fully evolved as human beings and we have millions of illiterates all over the country.

When the white man says blacks cannot build a functional society, it is not racism but the fact. A strong virile society is built on the bedrock of the rule of law, not prayers and prophecies. That is why the Americans say "so that we have a society of laws and not of men". Even the US, the bastion of democracy and Christianity are still not totally free from the frailties of human nature. Corruption and executive overreach still rears its ugly head in that model society. That is why the founding fathers of America took many months to craft the American constitution and the Bill of Rights in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania, ensured that the guiding document had inbuilt structures to guard against rampant corruption and state capture. That is why the 2nd amendment (gun rights) was built into the constitution-- because the founding fathers, even though christians, knew that the citizens must have the right to defend themselves against their government. Enough of the American histrionics.

As for Nigeria, we should know that our supreme court derives its authority from the compliance of every strata of society to its rulings and dictates. Put simply, that institution is only as strong as we make it. Same goes for the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Section 1(2) of Nigeria's Constitution says the government shall derive its authority and legitimacy from the people of Nigeria. There are salient provisions which stipulates the requirements for any individual to be sworn in as the President but a few strong men have ignored that and want to swear in Bola Ahmed Tinubu in a few hours from now. Like i said earlier, no God will intervene because societies are built by human beings. Even in our individual lives, it is our hardwork and efforts that pay off and not any prayer. This election should teach Christians to be practical with their lives, plan, educate yourself and your families, know thy enemies/adversaries and adopt the can do spirit. Do not allow any Man of God or GO to deceive you that one sky daddy will bless you without hard work and enterprise. Do not allow them to feed you with fake prophecies going forward. If you have the means, you can emigrate and raise your families in advanced countries. Nigeria is not getting any better soon because the foundation of the country is faulty.

On an individual level, do all it takes to make it and depend less on prayer. Plan for the long haul like our incoming President who saw that Nigeria is corrupt and was savvy enough to build a crony capitalist system in Lagos State that enabled him pilfer trillions of naira from of the coffers Lagos State to buy our critical institutions and the Presidency. Though corrupt, we cannot deny his organizational and tactical acumen. He, being the robber baron that he is, knows that, other than the few western nations, most of the countries in the world are still backward, with weak institutional and legal frameworks to guard against state capture. While you absorb the pain of seeing Tinubu being sworn in in a few hours' time, don't dwell on it too much, but let it be a realization that good most times never prevails against evil in the real world as opposed to what your religious leaders tell you.

Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by Basic123: 3:43pm On May 29, 2023
Philgafauto:
Nigerians and Christians, I hope you are sitting down. I am going to blow your mind. I am going to share with you the secret of life. Ready? Good. THERE IS NO GOD. Your success or failure is all dependent on you so wishing and praying does not further anything for you. Life is like a casino and you can never hit 7 every time. You win some, you lose some. The only thing you can do is prepare yourself for when you hit 7 and take full advantage of it.

Bringing the foregoing within the context of Nigerian politics, i will say that the reason many young people and Christians are hurt is because we have a simplistic view of this life. Because western civilization is built on Judeo-Christian values, we have clung so much to religion (Christianity) that we believe there is a divine being that solves our problems and will come down to dispense justice according to our notion of good and evil. This misconception has made so many christians complacent, while forgetting that humans are basically higher animals who will go to any length to acquire power and wealth. Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the personification of all Nigerian Christians have come to acknowledge is wrong and evil. He has nebulous origins, his shadowy educational background, long history of drug smuggling, connections with the criminal underworld in Nigeria and so many other vices too many to comprehend. But the man is a genius at understanding that the African societies in general and Nigeria in particular is not yet fully evolved in the sense that our institutions are weak and corrupt. His presidential ambitions date back to the 90s when he was an acolyte to late Bashorun MKO Abiola and he began his network his then. I will come back to this later in the write up.

You see Nigerians and fellow Christians, evil rules in this world and if you are not ready to play within the evolutionary boundaries of your society, you will continue to fail in your endeavors. The rot in Nigeria is fundamental and systemic but it came to a head for me personally in the early 2000s when our young men began indulging in cybercrime and they made headway and have continued to thrive above and beyond clean and legit citizens. This rot has now permeated our political, judicial and military system. I am a lawyer by profession and i remember the question asked by late Justice Chukwudifo Oputa (of blessed memory) that if the judiciary is corrupt, where should the people go? If the executive is corrupt, you go to the judiciary for redress, if the legislature is corrupt, you find your way to the judiciary for relief, but when the judiciary is corrupt, where do you go? This poser aptly captures the predicament of Nigeria today. As a lawyer and a Nigerian, it pains me that we have to go through this mess to realize how royally f*cked we are. If we had as a society relegated religion and elevated practical nation building, with strong critical state institutions, there is no way Bola Ahmed Tinubu would have been able to defeat all our institutions no matter how much billions he had. If we had strong institutions, he would not even had been a Governor in Lagos State. Anyways, that is water under under the bridge and in a few hours time he would be sworn in as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. And for the record, no non-existent God or sky daddy will do shit about it. We got ourselves into this situation because we are blindly religious, not fully evolved as human beings and we have millions of illiterates all over the country.

When the white man says blacks cannot build a functional society, it is not racism but the fact. A strong virile society is built on the bedrock of the rule of law, not prayers and prophecies. That is why the Americans say "so that we have a society of laws and not of men". Even the US, the bastion of democracy and Christianity are still not totally free from the frailties of human nature. Corruption and executive overreach still rears its ugly head in that model society. That is why the founding fathers of America took many months to craft the American constitution and the Bill of Rights in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania, ensured that the guiding document had inbuilt structures to guard against rampant corruption and state capture. That is why the 2nd amendment (gun rights) was built into the constitution-- because the founding fathers, even though christians, knew that the citizens must have the right to defend themselves against their government. Enough of the American histrionics.

As for Nigeria, we should know that our supreme court derives its authority from the compliance of every strata of society to its rulings and dictates. Put simply, that institution is only as strong as we make it. Same goes for the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Section 1(2) of Nigeria's Constitution says the government shall derive its authority and legitimacy from the people of Nigeria. There are salient provisions which stipulates the requirements for any individual to be sworn in as the President but a few strong men have ignored that and want to swear in Bola Ahmed Tinubu in a few hours from now. Like i said earlier, no God will intervene because societies are built by human beings. Even in our individual lives, it is our hardwork and efforts that pay off and not any prayer. This election should teach Christians to be practical with their lives, plan, educate yourself and your families, know thy enemies/adversaries and adopt the can do spirit. Do not allow any Man of God or GO to deceive you that one sky daddy will bless you without hard work and enterprise. Do not allow them to feed you with fake prophecies going forward. If you have the means, you can emigrate and raise your families in advanced countries. Nigeria is not getting any better soon because the foundation of the country is faulty.

On an individual level, do all it takes to make it and depend less on prayer. Plan for the long haul like our incoming President who saw that Nigeria is corrupt and was savvy enough to build a crony capitalist system in Lagos State that enabled him pilfer trillions of naira from of the coffers Lagos State to buy our critical institutions and the Presidency. Though corrupt, we cannot deny his organizational and tactical acumen. He, being the robber baron that he is, knows that, other than the few western nations, most of the countries in the world are still backward, with weak institutional and legal frameworks to guard against state capture. While you absorb the pain of seeing Tinubu being sworn in in a few hours' time, don't dwell on it too much, but let it be a realization that good most times never prevails against evil in the real world as opposed to what your religious leaders tell you.
You are not different from them.

Tinubu is not all those bad names you called him.
Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by Basic123: 3:46pm On May 29, 2023
Pwettylinda:

Na ona way when it favours your tribe nothing is wrong.

Tribalist grin
And when it doesn't favour your tribe, everything is wrong.

Officially,he did rob anybody untill the court says otherwise
Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by Basic123: 3:46pm On May 29, 2023
Houseontherock1:

Please don't mislead people because you feel pained- God answers prayers! We can't blame him for not praying aright! I prayed for Tinubu's victory and I got it! I had to pray for Tinubu's victory because at a point I couldn't stand the rudeness and obnoxious attitude of the so-called disobedients! I hope they learn from this
I prayed from Tinubu victory since 2017!
Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by JOemmy(m): 4:12pm On May 29, 2023
Believe it or not there's definitely a living God up there and he knows exactly what he is doing in affairs of his creation darkness can never overcome light.
Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by Highlife217: 4:14pm On May 29, 2023
God exists, he works on his own time and will remove the false president in due time.
Re: APART FROM THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD, CHRISTIANS MUST LEARN TO KEEP SECRETS! by iSense247: 4:16pm On May 29, 2023
I agree with everything you wrote except your view on the existence of God. There is God but He doesn't intervene in democracy. Democracy is not the will of God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Make A Wish For Nigeria! / Ekiti Rerun: Torture Of Journalists Caught On Tape In Ekiti Gov't House, / Breaking News: El-Rufai Returns To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.