Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ (23767 Views)

Florida Gov, De Santis Signs Bill Banning Kids Under 14 From Having SM Accounts / President Yoweri Museveni Doing Push-up And Jogging In Office (Video) / Journalist Kneels Down To Interview Muhoozi Kainerugaba, President Museveni Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by Flamemignon1(m): 2:35pm On May 29, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
shocked If you are human, listen,
YOU WERE BORN BY A MOTHER AND FATHER.
THERE IS NOTHING LIKE HOMOSX,UNLESS YOU HAVE SUCH MENTAL DIESEASE FIND CURE FROM SEXOLOGISTS,INSTEAD OF SETTLING DOWN TO THAT DISGUSTING ACTS,AS PROMOTED BY DEVIL POSSESSED AMERICANS.
UNIVERSAL TRUTH REMAINS THAT:
dickk must enter pussy and pussyy must attract dick for global life interchange and bonds.
Stop marrying pussyy to pussy is a disease
Stop marrying dick to dick is a disease of the mind and mental problem. angry
grin cheesy "Find cure from sexologist" lol..... it's just shows you Africans know nothing about love and you misplace sex for it no wonder women are just sexual objects to satisfy you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by Flamemignon1(m): 2:38pm On May 29, 2023
cliqtips:

Stop making this excuse for them.

If that...
That means;
Thieves too can't help the way they feel.

Prostitutes aka Hookup baes too cant help the way they feel.
So you are comparing people causing harm to sex work and human sexuality? Lol cheesy grin
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by Flamemignon1(m): 2:39pm On May 29, 2023
nairalanda1:
The thing is, this law is not meant to punish gays, but to show the West that 'we do not bow down to you guys'.

The truth is, the law is unnecessary. Before you shout at me, how is the law to be enforced? Are we going to send policemen and women to be looking into people's rooms at night to see if 'they are sharing the same bed? Are there going to be late night posses invading people's privacy? Are we going to be visiting resturants and bars to arrest two men or two women having dinner together? Are we going to jail kids struggling with their sexuality for being gay?

You see the problems the law causes?

(And no, I am not gay, I do not care what people do in the privacy of their homes, and I even think engaging in gay activites is a sin. But for heaven's sake, let us not repeat mistakes of the past that led to horrible conclusions)

Actually the law is meant to do both

1 Like

Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by HacheNoire: 2:44pm On May 29, 2023
Will it cure their mental state? NO

Effort in futility!

The practice is also a crime Nigeria and we all know they still exist.

The earlier we start adapting to their kind, the better. Some have been born today already
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by coke75: 2:45pm On May 29, 2023
nairalanda1:
The thing is, this law is not meant to punish gays, but to show the West that 'we do not bow down to you guys'.

This logic is very stupid. If you just do 'the opposite of what the west wants', you still have no opinion of your own and are influenced by the west.
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by bentenny(m): 2:45pm On May 29, 2023
The punishment though slightly harsh will serve as a deterrent against any individual or group that decide they want to subject a nation to an abnormal practice!
If you know you want to continue in your show of shame,just go to a country that suits your lifestyle!
Don't try hard to subject us to your disgusting lifestyle or be prepared to face the consequences!
Enough said!
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by Armanipounds: 2:49pm On May 29, 2023
If only he had used this same energy to weed out corruption and poverty from Uganda, it would have been a win win situation. African countries and uselessness are like pant and yansh.
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 29, 2023
Great
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by pikechukwu6(m): 2:53pm On May 29, 2023
A very good news on Bad Monday tongue after seeing all these beautiful yummy girls around,some still have mind to infuse their gbola in black solid hairy male nyash😬
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by EdiskyHarry: 2:58pm On May 29, 2023
Very nice, death penalty is an understatement.
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by cliqtips: 3:03pm On May 29, 2023
Flamemignon1:

So you are comparing people causing harm to sex work and human sexuality? Lol cheesy grin

Thieves are different from armed robbers ma/sir.

Maybe you should find out about that.
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by DrDunamis(m): 3:04pm On May 29, 2023
fergie001:

SOURCE

Our prayers are working and the leaders are standing up against the idolatry of the western society.
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by ransomed: 3:07pm On May 29, 2023
Emilokan cannot sign the same law in Nigeria because his daughter is an active, practicing Lesbian. Doyin Okupe son is a known gay as well.
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by Onyiiobi7735(m): 3:08pm On May 29, 2023
grin grin grin The West won't like this at all and will develop Low BP over this.The children of Belial promoting sexual depravity in the name of liberalism won't stop crying for a century.Their tears have just begun flowing.
Kudos to the Ugandan government.Even God himself declared death sentence on sexual perverts.
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by eeetuk(m): 3:09pm On May 29, 2023
"The president of Uganda signed a punitive anti-gay bill on Monday that includes the death penalty, enshrining into law an intensifying crackdown against L.G.B.T.Q. people in the conservative East African nation and dismissing widespread calls not to impose one of the world’s most restrictive anti-gay measures."

Nigeria needs this kind of law to outlaw all gays and lesbians. LGTQ is anitgod . Any one practicing or engaging in such behavior should not see the light of the day, period
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by lieutenantprime(m): 3:15pm On May 29, 2023
tuzle:
Omo every time I hear this I try to understand the basics behind a guy fucking is fellow guy, like how does there dick even get up and the fact that it is even irritating just thinking about it. With all the fine girls outside how does a guy still end up being gay.
Tori oloun fa? Ehn?? The tin dey wonderment Me fa!

1 Like

Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by udemzyudex(m): 3:16pm On May 29, 2023
America can go lick my a$$
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by phorget(m): 3:17pm On May 29, 2023
Flamemignon1:

In that logic, it's ok for women or you don't want to discredit and judge that one because it turns you on but to hell with the one that don't turn men on. Newsflash buddy,the world doesn't revolve around the patriarchy anymore

Hey you are free to do your thing but dont go near Uganda or you'll be sorry for yourself.
Whatever the NEWFLASH is but I wonder when your NEWFLASH will start making you walk on your head instead of using your legs.

I wonder how you feel comfortable sticking your D into another man's anus all in the name of NEWFLASH. Those females claiming lesbo are only joking cos at the end of the day they'll still have to stick something that looks like a D into their f**kg hole.

undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by elonize(m): 3:20pm On May 29, 2023
But over the past few years, political leaders, along with domestic and international religious organizations, began ramping up anti-gay campaigns and warning about what they call a threat to family values.
Even recruiting children, upcoming gay n lesbians.
Dats their agenda all over d world, to destroy values,morals n norms.
N u c some mumu fellows buying western ideology saying it doesn't affect anybody, dey shud leave their life,let dem focus on technology n den ignore d core of humanity. Senseless fellows.Uganda shud align with russia

1 Like

Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by TheSuperX(m): 3:21pm On May 29, 2023
God bless him
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by prettysassygirl(f): 3:31pm On May 29, 2023
Death penalty on top sexualty,very crazy. African government,why don't they give that same punishment to people who steal public funds. Misplaced priorities mtcheewwwwww

1 Like

Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by Mickykarim: 3:31pm On May 29, 2023
fergie001:

SOURCE

FOR ONCE A RASONABLE PERSON TAKES STEP AGAINST PERVERSION THROWN DOWN OUR THROATS BY THE AMORAL ADVANCEDPOWERS.

The African nature and personality is not in anyway akin to that of any lower animal.

IT IS LOWER ANIMALS WHO ARE WITHOUT THINKING FACULTIES WITH DIGNITY THAT ENGAGES IN SAME SEX INTERCOURSE, NOT HUMANS. NOT Africans AT LEAST.

Not in our culture, not in our DNA.

1 Like

Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by bigcasava1(m): 3:34pm On May 29, 2023
This is best president in the whole world. Tinubu will approve the gay right to preserve his position I don't need a prophet to tell me that
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by coke75: 3:36pm On May 29, 2023
prettysassygirl:
Death penalty on top sexualty,very crazy. African government,why don't they give that same punishment to people who steal public funds. Misplaced priorities mtcheewwwwww
Uneducated poor people will give up everything for their hate of some minority, while the rich elite laughs and keeps exploiting their stupidity and division for their own gains. That's how it has always worked
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by TenQ: 3:40pm On May 29, 2023
Ex0rrcist:
Just imagine, stupid laws for what they choose not to understand. Imagine making a law for who two grown adult can love. Barbaric I would say.
I agree with you!
If a man chooses to love a consenting grown adult male or female gorilla, what is anyone's business? Whoever a person want to have sex with is his business as long as they are consenting adults!
Love is free, let's share love not hate.

This Ugandans are barbaric with their stupid laws

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by grandstar(m): 3:45pm On May 29, 2023
mariahAngel:
What they need more is help, and not imprisonment (except in the case of sexual abuse) or death sentence because (the feeling of) homosexuality is a mental disorder.
They can't help the way they feel.

Although, to feel is one thing, and to act out your (inappropriate) feeling is another.
You mustn't give in to every feelings.

Another issue is, would they be willing to accept help?

Forget about "helping" them. Generally about 2% of a population is gay. That would mean help8ng 1m persons in Uganda alone and likely of them changing is less than 10%

It's like asking you to be gay- will you?

My take:Just leave them alone.

Also, condemn the behavior but don't persecute or prosecuted them.
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by coke75: 3:50pm On May 29, 2023
TenQ:

I agree with you!
If a man chooses to love a consenting grown adult male or female gorilla, what is anyone's business? Whoever a person want to have sex with is his business as long as they are consenting adults!
Love is free, let's share love not hate.

This Ugandans are barbaric with their stupid laws
Gorilla can not consent. Would be rape.
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by Femi8586(m): 3:52pm On May 29, 2023
mariahAngel:
What they need more is help, and not imprisonment (except in the case of sexual abuse) or death sentence because (the feeling of) homosexuality is a mental disorder.
They can't help the way they feel.

Although, to feel is one thing, and to act out your (inappropriate) feeling is another.
You mustn't give in to every feelings.

Another issue is, would they be willing to accept help?

Which help are you talking about? undecided
Psychiatric help or what? Or you mean pampering gays and transgenders?

The only help they need is to be dumped in the correctional facilities like prisons for life.
We Africans have our cultures. We don't force it down the throats of the west all in the name of human rights.
The wests have their cultures that embrace gender identity crises too, they shouldn't force it down the throats of others.

1 Like

Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by Femi8586(m): 3:58pm On May 29, 2023
abhosts:
Africans are very easy to distract and deceive. Watch as poor Ugandans that are victims of this despot's misrule celebrate this nonsense law that adds no value to their lives

Typical goal post shifting of a typical LGBTQ+ apologist..

So because Uganda is still underdeveloped that means they should accept something that's being forced down their throats by the Wests? Just because they're not developed yet.

Or maybe you should come and explain how accepting LGBTQ in their country will add value to their lives instead of rejecting it.

LGBTQ apologist

1 Like

Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by Slurity(m): 4:01pm On May 29, 2023
Macgyver1:
Very good development. I hope Tinubu signs same in Nigeria.
Nigeria already have it since ages
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by Femi8586(m): 4:03pm On May 29, 2023
texazzpete:
What a stupid bill.
African despots cling to these meaningless laws in lieu of good governance.

I have zero interest in gay activities, but What people do with themselves is none of my concern, and I don’t see why - if you want to criminalize it - you’re pushing for death sentence, life imprisonment or draconian prison terms.

But let everybody carry their own cross.

What a stupid bill?

I know your likes will ask how this bill add value to the lives of the citizens... But maybe you should as well tell us how acceptance of gays, lesbians, transgenders, homosexualism etc will add value to the lives of the citizens

We know people like you, always trying to form neutrality but una statement dey always dey bias in support of lgbdjtnsq+ nonsense wherever it's discussed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Have Never Used A Computer - Japan's Cybersecurity Minister / Rwanda's Paul Kagame Tried Hacking SA's Cyril Ramaphosa's Phone / Volcano ERUPTS On Spanish Island La Palma(Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.