Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,119 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu (66750 Views)

Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders / Peter Obi: Fuel Subsidy Is Organized Crime / Buhari Is Right; Fuel Subsidy Is A Fraud. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by BreconHills(m): 2:51pm On May 29, 2023
NaijaCowFarm:
If true, then $ will hit N1,250 by July. Sorry for those still earning Naira

In the long term a unified rate takes the steam out of the round tripping tax, attracts fx and discourages hoarding. If the effective rate of exchange is 1250 then we pay it. Rate is related to reserves. So action will be directed at growth through freeing up infrastructural assets.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Fiscus105(m): 2:51pm On May 29, 2023
Gangster1ms:
Crazy how this was the same fuel subsidy Jonathan wanted to remove that sparked the OccupyNigeria protests…

Today it has been marked for removal by the same person that spearheaded that protest LOL

Reasons why people shouldnt be following opposition anyhow, believing he is fighting for masses, .....they all know what's good or bad but only want to use the opportunity to hijack power.

The same thing goes to Obidients following Obi like blind beggers thinking he is an angel that can turn Nigeria to Paris withing 5 second.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by OmonnakOdapig: 2:52pm On May 29, 2023
NgeneUkwenu:
Make I quickly go buy fuel now..
grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Ebubu2: 2:53pm On May 29, 2023
Racoon:
Same fuel subsidy they have repeatedly called a fraud and have removed many times? The zombies that hid because of Buhari's 8 years of disastrous government are back again to hail and over hype another disaster
guy, stop this your idea of repeatedly reminding politicians when they were against a policy and are now supporting it.

It reeks of your immaturity about politics.

Even in your life, do you still say I love you to the girl you used to have an affection for before?

Mindsets change, ideologies change, I have also changed.

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by michresakidjo(m): 2:54pm On May 29, 2023
Please what happens when subsidy is removed??

I need someone to explain to me very well?? please!!!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by OzedFiction: 2:54pm On May 29, 2023
wink
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by deeva2: 2:54pm On May 29, 2023
Obi supporters, when will you start cancelling the “God” you have been crying to for the inauguration to not hold?

E don happen now o. What next? Shey you won’t like to go and block the entrance to Aso Villa?

You this bunch of senseless retards.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Yampotatocarrot(m): 2:54pm On May 29, 2023
BreconHills:

In the long term a unified rate takes the steam out of the round tripping tax, attracts fx and discourages hoarding. If the effective rate of exchange is 1250 then we pay it. Rate is related to reserves. So action will be directed at growth through freeing up infrastructural assets.

Don't be annoyed o, but can you explain this in simpler terms?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by FireUpNow(m): 2:54pm On May 29, 2023
How many times will fuel subsidy will be removed? During Buhari's campaign Tinubu said that fuel subsidy was a scam. He said it at the freedom park, Ojota.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by cutedharmee: 2:54pm On May 29, 2023
Racoon:
Same fuel subsidy they have repeatedly called a fraud and have removed many times? The zombies that hid because of Buhari's 8 years of disastrous government are back again to hail and over hype another disaster
Disaster to you alone
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by JobNeededUrgent: 2:55pm On May 29, 2023
aieromon:

Wrong heading....the outgoing PMB administration removed subsidy.

https://thenationonlineng.net/fuel-subsidy-will-end-in-june-fed-govt-insists/
thanks a lot for this
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by aieromon(m): 2:55pm On May 29, 2023
richmond500:
stop saying what you don't know

The thread title has been edited. The original title read "Tinubu removes subsidy" which is incorrect.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Regie2bless: 2:55pm On May 29, 2023
NgeneUkwenu:
"The fuel Subsidy is gone. It is unjustifiable.....we shall rechannel the funds to education and healthcare....."

Bola Ahmed Tinubu...

https://leadership.ng/breaking-fuel-subsidy-is-gone-says-tinubu/#:~:text=In%20the%20first%20policy%20directive,the%20wake%20of%20drying%20resources.
per liter will be 450 or 500 naira. Now na the gbege start.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Absuchat(m): 2:55pm On May 29, 2023
NgeneUkwenu:
Make sure you buy enough that can carry you for good 8 years

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by richmond500: 2:56pm On May 29, 2023
aieromon:

The thread title has been edited. The original title read "Tinubu removes subsidy" which is incorrect.
The previous administration did not remove subsidy, they halted it for Tinubu to come and remove it himself

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Exceed15: 2:56pm On May 29, 2023
This was a campaign tool used against GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by udemzyudex(m): 2:57pm On May 29, 2023
Dey play,just dey play grin.

You better relax before you begin misyarn.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Dbegining: 2:57pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

You are quickly going to buy fuel for what now ? This is how you people mess up policies

Oga, policies have reactions and consequences.

Filling stations had stopped selling fuel as at yesterday in many places especially Lagos.

It's simple economics.

First disaster of the new president. Set in cushions first before announcing a policy as delicate as this.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by udemzyudex(m): 2:57pm On May 29, 2023
Escapist:
Good decision.

At the wrong time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by casualobserver: 2:58pm On May 29, 2023
NgeneUkwenu:

Too late

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by ignis: 2:58pm On May 29, 2023
NgeneUkwenu:

Storage of the fuel could be dangerous.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by JobNeededUrgent: 2:58pm On May 29, 2023
Fiscus105:
If its me, I will still extend the implementation by at least 3 months.

Firstly, to study it as an insider critically.

Second, for not starting having heavy criticism and attacks by citizens, believing I'm discomforting them. (Not even when Dangote oil will enter market by July.
you said it all boss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Skyehigher1: 2:58pm On May 29, 2023
Good step
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by udemzyudex(m): 2:58pm On May 29, 2023
domDva:
A good start.

One thing that Buhari lacked was decisive willpower …with all the military background, there was no decisive decision he could make. Osibanjo was even better as acting president

Lol.. talk is cheap.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Mom007(f): 2:58pm On May 29, 2023
Firm and Decisive! The man has still got it! God bless the president, God bless Nigeria!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by CodeTemplar: 2:58pm On May 29, 2023
Amala n Gbegiri economics at its best. We haven't fully digested the effects of Tuwo economics by Buhari and now this.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by SalamRushdie: 2:58pm On May 29, 2023
Dbegining:

Oga, policies have reactions and consequences.

Filling stations had stopped selling fuel as at yesterday in many places especially Lagos.

It's simple economics.

First disaster of the new president. Set in cushions first before announcing a policy as delicate as this.

That is why I said he has started on bad note even before reaching office tomorrow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by UKEMY(m): 2:59pm On May 29, 2023
In as much as I want it REMOVED PAT needs to do these:
1.Make Forex available
2.Our Ports,delays and berthing and clearing of Shops should be fast
3.The Refineries should be made to Work
4.The Criminals in NNPC that over-exxaggerated the litres consumed should be made to refund the stolen common wealth and also jailed
5.Government Ran buses should be made available so that Transporters don't over increase their Transport fare prices
6Lastly the Incompetent NNPC directors should and other Agencies under Ministry of Petroleum should all be Sacked or transferred to Ministry

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Eikojonwa: 2:59pm On May 29, 2023
I concur
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Reference(m): 2:59pm On May 29, 2023
Good first step.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Collation Officer Suspends Rivers Result Announcement Over Threat To Life / British Envoy Arrives In Court For Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial / Kiki Osinbajo Celebrates Her 27th Birthday With Lovely Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.