Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,838 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu (66666 Views)

Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders / Peter Obi: Fuel Subsidy Is Organized Crime / Buhari Is Right; Fuel Subsidy Is A Fraud. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 29, 2023
domDva:
A good start.

One thing that Buhari lacked was decisive willpower …with all the military background, there was no decisive decision he could make. Osibanjo was even better as acting president
buhari was a bitch. I don't really like tinubu but i have a feeling he would do better, he comes off as someone that is street smart and knows how to deal with power

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Escapist(f): 3:30pm On May 29, 2023
udemzyudex:

At the wrong time.

There is never a right time for tough decisions.

It is long overdue.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by bigcasava1(m): 3:32pm On May 29, 2023
Na now wey I buy motor una want remove subsidy! God is this real blessing or what! I no want suffer for another 8yrs oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by oloriooko(m): 3:32pm On May 29, 2023
Are you saying you never heard bubu say him never hear say subsity exist?

SmartyPants:

If he said it never existed then obviously he either lied or was misguided if/when he said it didnt exist.

But i'm not aware of such a statement anyway. Please share a link.

As for removing it, it was made clear from the beginning that it would take effect from June this year.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by shegzee43: 3:32pm On May 29, 2023
[quote author=aieromon post=123443639]

Wrong heading....the outgoing PMB administration removed subsidy.

https://thenationonlineng.net/fuel-subsidy-will-end-in-june-fed-govt-insists/[/quoteInt

Cutting the interest rate with the current inflation rate will be dire for a precarious economy. I hope he's advised to tread cautiously
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by yemi1504: 3:33pm On May 29, 2023
Fiscus105:
If its me, I will still extend the implementation by at least 3 months.

Firstly, to study it as an insider critically.

Second, for not starting having heavy criticism and attacks by citizens, believing I'm discomforting them. (Not even when Dangote oil will enter market by July.

Abi but for a party used to anti-people policies and their expected backlash, would they ever listen? That is the question!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by mmsen: 3:33pm On May 29, 2023
The same fools who protested 10 years ago see sense now that they have cannibalized the country.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by jahsharon: 3:33pm On May 29, 2023
Racoon:
Same fuel subsidy they have repeatedly called a fraud and have removed many times? The zombies that hid because of Buhari's 8 years of disastrous government are back again to hail and over hype another disaster

He said it several times that there is nothing like Fuel Subsidy, Now, he has matched his words with action. He has said anything likeFuel Subsidy whether real or fake is GONE FOREVER.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by somehow: 3:34pm On May 29, 2023
Buhari removed subsidy, not Tinubu.

No provision was made for Subsidy in June's budget.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by yemi1504: 3:34pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

I know , there was no need to say anything about it today , Nigeria fuel supply reacts a lot to speculation, this talk today has already triggered a new wave of scarcity, people are rushing to go fill up and the fuel stations are already closing gate ..This is how Timprr Silva used careless talk to keep causing fuel scarcity under Buhari

You can say that again!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Adakintroy: 3:34pm On May 29, 2023
Same subsidy Jonathan tried to remove but because he was from a sub ordinate ethic group....

Nigerians have a very short memory span I swear. It why its easy for this politician to manipulate them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by oloriooko(m): 3:34pm On May 29, 2023
buhari na mumu, he was a sure shadow of himself all thru the 8 yrs
cannot believe his undecisive decision making moments which he spurned angry

Akoja360:
buhari was a bitch. I don't really like tinubu but i have a feeling he would do better, he comes off as someone that is street smart and knows how to deal with power
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Earthquakes: 3:34pm On May 29, 2023
domDva:
A good start.

One thing that Buhari lacked was decisive willpower …with all the military background, there was no decisive decision he could make. Osibanjo was even better as acting president
Subsidy that he and tinunu protested against 10trs ago as bad policy is what he wants to remove today grin grin
Wasted years, but it's good, let him suffer what he should be enjoying today if it were done years ago
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by 9jahotblog: 3:35pm On May 29, 2023
lavylilly:
This is what the previous regime wanted to do-remove the corrupt subsidy so that marketers will determine the price, but these hypocrites sabotage all the efforts with the Ojota Carnivals, Occupy/Save Nigeria protest. Today they're implementing the same policy.

NNPC have not produce any petroleum product for long while out refineries have been comatose with heavy Turn around maintenance(TAM), staff salaries & other over head costs being paid.All in a brazen act of corruption. Why is the APC this wicked?760 NNPC
Nigerians Eku iroju part 2 is here

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Ajisebioyolaari: 3:35pm On May 29, 2023
Electorate:
Firstly

Do you zombies realize the removal of fuel subsidy means fuel will be more expensive and scarce? How is that a great decision? No problem, na una go still cry come nairaland when hardship begin wire una like buhari regime, shebi una no wan get sense.
Firstly , I will like to declare that your father and by extrapolation, his father who is your grandfather are nincompoops. Judging from reoccurrence, every male child in your family are idiots.

Secondly, I'd love to mention just incase you aren't aware that you are a leashed rabid dog that is mentally deranged.

Thirdly, I will like to educate you if your brain can comprehend it, that we cannot continue to enrich a few through the fuel subsidy scam. We will endure the pain and make the sacrifice for the future.

Lastly, although you and your cohorts hate to hear it, but Nigeria will be great, will flourish and will prosper starting from Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu's tenure as President.

You can go back to your cage now, dog!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by yemi1504: 3:35pm On May 29, 2023
michresakidjo:
Please what happens when subsidy is removed??

I need someone to explain to me very well?? please!!!

Hyperinflation. Everything goes up overnight as the economy is tied to the commodity.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by davades(m): 3:36pm On May 29, 2023
Good
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by 9jahotblog: 3:36pm On May 29, 2023
Natbrowny:

If he says 1000 per litre. Selling stations will say 2500 grin
chaiii Nigeria and Nigerians don enter one chance. Nigerians eku iroju oooo
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by SmartyPants(m): 3:36pm On May 29, 2023
oloriooko:
Are you saying you never heard bubu say him never hear say subsity exist?

I'm not sure what you meant to type up there but I think I was clear enough. If you have a link, kindly share.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Panda7(m): 3:37pm On May 29, 2023
there is no ration for paying for fuel subsidy as against building infrastructures and better healthcare, if people cannot afford transportation they sure would find an alternatives. am sure these would directly influence the economics, production and forex.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Gajagojo: 3:37pm On May 29, 2023
Last year there was a budget deficit of 6trillion and we spent 4.4 trillion in subsidy we need to start facing reality

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by oloriooko(m): 3:37pm On May 29, 2023
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/521188-fuel-buharis-unkept-promises-failures-and-bungled-subsidy-policy.html?tztc=1

SmartyPants:

I'm not sure what you meant to type up there but I think I was clear enough. If you have a link, kindly share.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by mmsen: 3:37pm On May 29, 2023
Adakintroy:
Same subsidy Jonathan tried to remove but because he was from a sub ordinate ethic group....

Nigerians have a very short memory span I swear. It why its easy for this politician to manipulate them.

Stupid/dishonest people get stupid/dishonest leaders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by 9jahotblog: 3:38pm On May 29, 2023
Nairalander248:

800/liter
800/litre keee 😆😆😆😆
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by yemi1504: 3:38pm On May 29, 2023
Dbegining:

Oga, policies have reactions and consequences.

Filling stations had stopped selling fuel as at yesterday in many places especially Lagos.

It's simple economics.

First disaster of the new president. Set in cushions first before announcing a policy as delicate as this.

Wow! Time for Ajaero to swing into action. Thank God, we don't have the foolish and docile Wabba there *sigh of relief*.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by yemi1504: 3:39pm On May 29, 2023
udemzyudex:

At the wrong time.

You can say that again!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by yemi1504: 3:39pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

That is why I said he has started on bad note even before reaching office tomorrow

Abi. Still maintain Atiku would have been a better President as he is not used to making such knee-jerk reactions like APC, the usurper and their anti-people policies which is why I hate their party.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Invest4growth: 3:40pm On May 29, 2023
Tinubu is starting on a wrong footing. No doubt subsidy will go but you must provide domestic supply of petroleum products first.
The commander in chief must take tough decisions. However, all options must be on the table

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Deblow: 3:41pm On May 29, 2023
instinctg:
This is a risky political calculation, hope it pays off

I hope and pray so too
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by SmartyPants(m): 3:41pm On May 29, 2023
oloriooko:
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/521188-fuel-buharis-unkept-promises-failures-and-bungled-subsidy-policy.html?tztc=1

"He said there was no such thing as “subsidy” and dismissed it as a scam used by government officials and their cronies to steal public funds."

Is this what you're referring to?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by nairalanda1(m): 3:43pm On May 29, 2023
If this announcement is the truth, and not the same old partial removal of fuel subsidy that we have been doing for decades, then this is a good one and the best news for our petroleum sector, and hopefully for our economy.

This means hopefully...more investment in domestic refining, more jobs and more energy. It means an end to the smuggling of fuel and to the chopping and corruption inherent in the subsidy regime.

It's time we saw a change. We cannot repeat the same thing over and expect the same results.

On this, I give the new admin kudos. But...we wait to see.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by oloriooko(m): 3:43pm On May 29, 2023
No na the other thing i dey refer to shocked

SmartyPants:

"He said there was no such thing as “subsidy” and dismissed it as a scam used by government officials and their cronies to steal public funds."

Is this what you're referring to?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photo Of Saraki After The Super Eagles Victory / Here Is The Moment Atiku Used An Award As Microphone. See Reactions / Tinubu Bows To Greet Aminu Dantata, Governors Could Not Shake Him (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.