Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu (66757 Views)

Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders / Peter Obi: Fuel Subsidy Is Organized Crime / Buhari Is Right; Fuel Subsidy Is A Fraud. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Exceed15: 3:00pm On May 29, 2023
This was a campaign tool used against GEJ

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Harrynight(m): 3:01pm On May 29, 2023
But how does the voters, the common People benefits from the subsidy removal?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by MrPresident1: 3:02pm On May 29, 2023
The extortioner and his extortions has come to an end
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Roger3D(m): 3:02pm On May 29, 2023
domDva:
A good start.

One thing that Buhari lacked was decisive willpower …with all the military background, there was no decisive decision he could make. Osibanjo was even better as acting president
Osibanjo that couldn't take any major decision acting president? Where where you when Nnamdi Kanu almost brought down the entire NE when Buhari was on a sick bed? Expect some major economic dislocation in Nigeria in the next coming weeks because of this policy
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by JagabanBorgu: 3:02pm On May 29, 2023
tuoyoojo:
Edakun
If you are Batist and standing on tinubu's mandate

I need you to take me to where u wee be buying fuel for 197

You guys cannot be enjoying the dividends of democracy alone o
We told u that u all will resórt to this after elections.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by seguno2: 3:03pm On May 29, 2023
NgeneUkwenu:
"The fuel Subsidy is gone. It is unjustifiable.....we shall rechannel the funds to education and healthcare....."

Bola Ahmed Tinubu...

https://leadership.ng/breaking-fuel-subsidy-is-gone-says-tinubu/#:~:text=In%20the%20first%20policy%20directive,the%20wake%20of%20drying%20resources.

Who is supposed to be scammed by this talk?
The same subsidy that was removed in 2016

Subsidy removal: Tinubu backs Buhari, Falana condemns price hike

13th May 2016

A former Lagos State Governor and National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has described the decision of the President Buhari-led Federal Government to remove petrol subsidy as courageous.

The government, through the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, on Wednesday, announced the removal of the subsidy on petrol, pegging the upper limit at N145 per litre from N86.50k.

In a statement in Lagos on Thursday, Tinubu said though the decision was a difficult one, it would ultimately become beneficial to the generality of the people instead of enriching the pockets of a few Nigerians, who enjoyed the fraud of the subsidy regime.

https://punchng.com/subsidy-removal-tinubu-backs-buhari-falana-condemns-price-hike/?amp
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by elonize(m): 3:03pm On May 29, 2023
Trustalone:
We will all suffer including APC members and the ones they claim voted for him to win the election.
dats d sense most of dem dont have

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by nkemjacob2(m): 3:03pm On May 29, 2023
That was what we were told by the last administrator. We found out it whole thing was a scam
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Dobodobo04: 3:03pm On May 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:
Starting off on a very bad note as usual...he hasn't even resumed to put in place things that would prevent speculation and rush buying

I disagree with you. It’s public knowledge that fuel subsidy will cease to exist!! So no need for speculation or rush buying.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Octopusssy(f): 3:04pm On May 29, 2023
Issokay 😁😁😁
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by SalamRushdie: 3:05pm On May 29, 2023
Dobodobo04:

I disagree with you. It’s public knowledge that fuel subsidy will cease to exist!! So no need for speculation or rush buying.

He should have just shut up today
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by JagabanBorgu: 3:05pm On May 29, 2023
Fiscus105:
If its me, I will still extend the implementation by at least 3 months.

Firstly, to study it as an insider critically.

Second, for not starting having heavy criticism and attacks by citizens, believing I'm discomforting them. (Not even when Dangote oil will enter market by July.
Did u hear the speech he made about the subsidy?
He said there is no provision for subsidy in the current budget.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by HomeTutorsPro: 3:06pm On May 29, 2023
Nothing surprising.
It's just a way of handing the energy sector over to Dangote.
Eventually, the middle and low classes will bear the burden.
Business owners will simply transfer the additional costs to consumers.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by aieromon(m): 3:06pm On May 29, 2023
richmond500:
The previous administration did not remove subsidy, they halted it for Tinubu to come and remove it himself

grin grin grin

I guess you know more than BAT and his team.

Watch this interview by Fashola on the 26th of May 2023. Start from 24:00 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcwsvQg0VCw

To paraphrase his words "There is a misconception out there that subsidy is going to be removed. The truth is that subsidy has already BEEN REMOVED."

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by jaxxy(m): 3:06pm On May 29, 2023
Mattswaggz:
so soon.....

No time to check time. gringrin

buhari said more than this.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by thatigboman: 3:06pm On May 29, 2023
NgeneUkwenu:
Make I quickly go buy fuel now..
Mr Man, after quickly buying fuel (fuel to power ur I pass my neighbour generator), better go and buy firewood quickly as well.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by patrickcollins: 3:07pm On May 29, 2023
domDva:
A good start.

One thing that Buhari lacked was decisive willpower …with all the military background, there was no decisive decision he could make. Osibanjo was even better as acting president
Decisive u mean with no meaningful alternative to ameliorate the suffering that will come with subsidy removal.
A litre of Fuel to sale for #800 or more, without any working refinery in Nigeria it wouldn't be easy.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by solmusdesigns: 3:07pm On May 29, 2023
Talk and Do

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by nedekid: 3:07pm On May 29, 2023
NgeneUkwenu:
Lorreta, you de buy fuel?
Abeg send your PA to go fuel dump fill your tank.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by TheBillyonaire: 3:08pm On May 29, 2023
From fighting Jonathan Goodluck to keep subsidy, to removing subsidy. Safe to say, Tinubu was ignorant as a Citizen and gaining intelligence as President, or he was pretentious.

Unifying the Exchange Rate will put BDCs out of business and end the era of currency renting which the outgone President enacted for nepotistic purpose.

I know Tinubu will be a better President than the outgone cow lover.

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Rubbiish(m): 3:08pm On May 29, 2023
lavylilly:
760 NNPC
Which location sir?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by hopexter(m): 3:08pm On May 29, 2023
Racoon:
Same fuel subsidy they have repeatedly called a fraud and have removed many times? The zombies that hid because of Buhari's 8 years of disastrous government are back again to hail and over hype another disaster

You hatred and bitterness will blindfold you from seeing positive change in your life.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by richmond500: 3:09pm On May 29, 2023
aieromon:

grin grin grin

I guess you know more than BAT and his team.

Watch this interview by Fashola on the 26th of May 2023. Start from 24:00 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcwsvQg0VCw

To paraphrase his words "There is a misconception out there that subsidy is going to be removed. The truth is that subsidy has already BEEN REMOVED."
There are two things that Buhari halted for Tinubu.
First is the population census and the Removal of subsidy.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by oloriooko(m): 3:09pm On May 29, 2023
Buhari and his goons benefited immensely in this subsidy sham, reason he refused removing it while lieing that it has been removed severally
On the other hand, I think this new dude is not benefiting from the subsidy largesse that's why the guy take vex comot it

So why did BAT lead protest forbidding GEj removing subsidy years back
Now same BAT is saying subsidy is a milking port to 9ja economy
Just like his acronym BAT, "ko s'éku ko s'eye"

9ja i hail ooo

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by lavylilly: 3:09pm On May 29, 2023
Rubbiish:

Which location sir?
Off Bola Ahmed Tinubu road, do you know there?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by SmartyPants(m): 3:10pm On May 29, 2023
NaijaCowFarm:
If true, then $ will hit N1,250 by July. Sorry for those still earning Naira

How so?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Rubbiish(m): 3:10pm On May 29, 2023
lavylilly:
Off Bola Ahmed Tinubu road, do you know there?
cheesy lol

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by bonnyhope: 3:11pm On May 29, 2023
NgeneUkwenu:

If u buy u no go use am finish abi
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by ceeceeuwa: 3:11pm On May 29, 2023
NgeneUkwenu:
Buy the one that will last you the next 8 years
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by SmartyPants(m): 3:11pm On May 29, 2023
oloriooko:
Buhari and his goons benefited immensely in this subsidy sham, reason he refused removing it while lieing that it has been removed severally
On the other hand, I think this new dude is not benefiting from the subsidy largesse that's why the guy take vex comot it
9ja i hail ooo

Wrong.

Buhari removed it but post-dated the effective date of its removal. He then implemented it by making no provision for it before leaving office.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by flokii: 3:12pm On May 29, 2023
Government can actually set cap price for petroleum products.. what the former PPPRA didn't get right.
Mr President should bring people with brain, real petroleum economists into the picture in the petroleum sector to iron out the numerous issues faced. Enough of padi padi, quota system appointments while monies keep going down the drain.

The Subsidy payment as far as I am aware enters into the hands of a few petroleum marketers so they won't increase fuel price.. there are silent crooks in this country enjoying Nigeria's commonwealth more than politicians. It's about time we engage those with intellect to expose them.

Tinubu should charge CAC to start monitoring and deregistration of business entities in Nigeria with heavy fine of about 100 million for them to get re-registered. With that everybody will seat up.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Gone - President Bola Tinubu by Rubbiish(m): 3:12pm On May 29, 2023
solmusdesigns:
Talk and Do
Exactly... This is a sign of a good leader.
He clearly stated he was going to remove subsidy even before the campaigns & doing it bespeaks he is a man of his words

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Collation Officer Suspends Rivers Result Announcement Over Threat To Life / British Envoy Arrives In Court For Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial / Kiki Osinbajo Celebrates Her 27th Birthday With Lovely Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.