Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,259 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. (56493 Views)

I Just Bought Fuel At ₦950 A Litre In Ajah / FACTCHECK: One Litre Of Fuel In Nigeria To Cost N462 Without Subsidy? Unlikely / US Citizens Buy Fuel In Plastic Bags, Kegs As Fuel Scarcity Hits Some US States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by EnterpriseMan: 1:15am On May 30, 2023
#210 in the morning when i left home and #450 when i got home (same station). But i'm sure NNPC would still be standard for now.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Yusufisraelj(m): 1:18am On May 30, 2023
Nazgul:

N300 is too much biko. With dangote refinery fully operational, I'm expecting it to be way cheaper than that.

Really? High octane fuel? Oga find out.
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Bimpe29: 1:36am On May 30, 2023
It has not changed from 195 naira per litre at FHA, Lugbe, Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by bionixs: 1:40am On May 30, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Dream on.

Is like people see dangote as a charity organization.

Did dangote ever mention that FG gave him money to build his refinery?

Or you think he won't pay tax both state and federal tax.

So he will not pay off his loan that came with interest.

U na dey Jones gan
shebi his cement, salt and sugar are wey cheaper

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Sleekfingers: 1:41am On May 30, 2023
Nazgul:

N300 is too much biko. With dangote refinery fully operational, I'm expecting it to be way cheaper than that.

Dangote is a businessman,.not running a charity organization.

Without subsidy be expecting to buy fuel from 500 naira and above. As a matter of fact, petrol in Nigeria nos still cheap compare to other countries.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Sleekfingers: 1:43am On May 30, 2023
Nazgul:

During fuel importation we were buying fuel at most N170 per liter. Now that fuel is refined here in Nigeria, are you expecting us to pay above N300 per liter for it?

And it has nothing to do with his loans...

You are buying it , because bit is subsidized. Without the subsidy. Be ready to buy it from 500 naira and above.
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by ceejay80s(m): 1:44am On May 30, 2023
Jennyclay:
Our gateman went to get fuel just now and it was sold for #220
Same in igando 220, I quickly bought 5 litre

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by ceejay80s(m): 1:47am On May 30, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Dream on.

Is like people see dangote as a charity organization.

Did dangote ever mention that FG gave him money to build his refinery?

Or you think he won't pay tax both state and federal tax.

So he will not pay off his loan that came with interest.

U na dey Jones gan
Let me ask u..... Don't u pay tax and vat, federal government doesn't have Kobo , it's our money they gave to dangote and Dem still dey carry shoulder
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by ceejay80s(m): 1:55am On May 30, 2023
No body should complain, u all voted for tinubu, shebi una get special petrol station wey Dem dey give una 120 per litre ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by BigIyanga: 1:59am On May 30, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Bro go an listen to bala on arise tv page on twitter.

Will dangote sell to Nigeria at dollar rate or naira rate?
The loan he will pay were they gotten in naira rate or dollar rate?

Is dangote going to sell cheaper to Nigeria and sell more to abroad customers?

The workforce especially those from overseas, will they be paid in dollar or naira? If it is dollar then it will be uniform. you can not segregate payment

CBN says they will buy forex from dangote. Now will he sell in CBN rate or parallel or black market rate?

If he sells the parallel rate or black market then dollar will not reduce but increase.

If dangote sells cheaper to naija customer that means Nigeria is paying dangote subsidy.
Answer the question and tell me your answer
1: Dangote bought $1/N199 from CBN when black market was $1/N550.. Govt subsidy on FX
2: FG bought 20% stake in his refinery at a high valuation when company hasnt made any profit- Subsidy and govf patronage
3: NNPC is going to supply him crude at local price for local consumption .. govt subsidy.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by randymirrors(f): 3:09am On May 30, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

You be muuugu.

So tax and free trade zone. What is the correlation

You're ignorant so I won't argue with you.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by airsaylongcome: 3:34am On May 30, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
you are buying at 170 because it was subsidize.

Dangote refinery won't make fuel cheaper but available and save the country some forex.

Instead of using dollars to import fuel, we won't have to.
And there will be no scarcity because there will always be enough fuel to go round instead of storing imported fuel all the time.

Tinubu can however make it cheaper without paying subsidy if they can sign a deal with dangote to give him crude oil in naira so he can sell fuel back to Nigerians in naira rate.

That’s still subsidy. Only this time it is going to one man. Instead of the many people that currently benefit from it. Expect those people to revolt. Why should the government “give” crude to Dangote at Naira when we sell all our crude in USD? Subsidy removal means manufacturers buy raw materials at market price and sell at their self determined price

4 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by FireUpNow(m): 3:35am On May 30, 2023
I am waiting for the official statement from the govt and NNPC qs well as what NLC will do. It will not be funny oo! I just hope that govt will increase the salaries of workers. Don't forget about market women to increase prices of food stuffs, landlords and rent as well as transportation. I just hope that the renewed hope is really renewed.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Powersurge: 3:39am On May 30, 2023
Nazgul:

During fuel importation we were buying fuel at most N170 per liter. Now that fuel is refined here in Nigeria, are you expecting us to pay above N300 per liter for it?

This is a subsidized fuel na.
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by JOemmy(m): 3:47am On May 30, 2023
Nazgul:

Dreamer just like the way dangote cement is currently the costliest in the nigerian market right?

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by LikeAking: 3:58am On May 30, 2023
JOemmy:

Dreamer just like the way dangote cement is currently the costliest in the nigerian market right?

Nigerians no dey ever learn.
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by LikeAking: 4:02am On May 30, 2023
EnterpriseMan:
#210 in the morning when i left home and #450 when i got home (same station). But i'm sure NNPC would still be standard for now.

You voted him, no lie.
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by airsaylongcome: 4:03am On May 30, 2023
abiolamitodun:

Bro Is it nw right for dangote to refine Nigerian oil on Nigeria soil at the rate we Nigeria is refining it outside Nigeria?...does it even makes sense to pay for refining in dollars on Nigeria soil...pls educate me...

Crude is sold in dollars. So even if NNPC is selling to Dangote, it’s going to be in dollars at the international rate. So if he buys in dollars, that automatically already means he will price his finished product based on his dollar purchase price

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by unmask: 4:05am On May 30, 2023
Trustmea:
Anytime I see ppl supporting Tinubu here I will just shake head for their foolishness. U can see we are all buying this fuel at the same skyrocketed rate including those Tinubu supporters. Abi are u telling me they have special place where they are buying the fuel at lower rate as his supporters? Heck no. Make una continue to revel in una foolishness
All major candidates said they will remove subsidy. Regardless of who is in power, this will be the outcome

4 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by airsaylongcome: 4:07am On May 30, 2023
Nolevel666:

They need to start jailing all these fuel hikers for this greed to stop. Revoke their license may work perhaps

Jail them for what exactly? If someone is selling Indomie at say ₦1000 per sachet, would you ask for that person to be arrested? It's market forces at play. Sellers set their price buyers determine whether they will buy at those prices. You cannot remove subsidy and them determine what price a businessman should sell his products at
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Subonbon(m): 5:03am On May 30, 2023
Nazgul:

And it has nothing to do with his loans... Leave the tale teller....
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Satanistx: 5:04am On May 30, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Jail them for what exactly? If someone is selling Indomie at say ₦1000 per sachet, would you ask for that person to be arrested? It's market forces at play. Sellers set their price buyers determine whether they will buy at those prices. You cannot remove subsidy and them determine what price a businessman should sell his products at
shut up. na your type dey sweet to burn
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Ganjafama(m): 5:43am On May 30, 2023
Acidosis:

Why is your gateman running errands for you?
I wonder o! That's how they turn gate men to labourer, messenger, gardener, generator attendant etc for a paltry 20k/ month.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by nedekid: 5:51am On May 30, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
you are buying at 170 because it was subsidize.

Dangote refinery won't make fuel cheaper but available and save the country some forex.

Instead of using dollars to import fuel, we won't have to.
And there will be no scarcity because there will always be enough fuel to go round instead of storing imported fuel all the time.

Tinubu can however make it cheaper without paying subsidy if they can sign a deal with dangote to give him crude oil in naira so he can sell fuel back to Nigerians in naira rate.

"Tinubu can however make it cheaper without paying subsidy if they can sign a deal with dangote to give him crude oil in naira so he can sell fuel back to Nigerians in naira rate."

Your above statement means subsidy.
If it is not free market it is subsidy.
Bottom line, in genuine subsidy, filling stations will source and sell at whatever prices they deem fit. Overtime, market forces and competition will reduce and stabilize prices.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by LeyeWrites: 6:07am On May 30, 2023
Nazgul:

This is serious...so we're screwed.
You're screwed, not we.
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by mistacoco2: 6:21am On May 30, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Bro go an listen to bala on arise tv page on twitter.

Will dangote sell to Nigeria at dollar rate or naira rate?
The loan he will pay were they gotten in naira rate or dollar rate?

Is dangote going to sell cheaper to Nigeria and sell more to abroad customers?

The workforce especially those from overseas, will they be paid in dollar or naira? If it is dollar then it will be uniform. you can not segregate payment

CBN says they will buy forex from dangote. Now will he sell in CBN rate or parallel or black market rate?

If he sells the parallel rate or black market then dollar will not reduce but increase.

If dangote sells cheaper to naija customer that means Nigeria is paying dangote subsidy.
Answer the question and tell me your answer
bro do you know the dollars spent shipping those refined oil to Nigeria. Shipping alone cost almost half of what we pay for pulp price. Meanwhile, Nigeria government can decide to sell crude oil cheap to dangote and in return sell cheaper refined oil to the Nigeria government.
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by OmoNla99: 6:23am On May 30, 2023
Nazgul:

You were paying N170 because it was subsidized. With Dangote refinery, Nigerians won’t buy fuel less than N600. Let’s keep watching as drama unfolds.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by ThatCEO: 6:27am On May 30, 2023
77star:

Good evening wise one, please so sorry to derail the topic, I have a question to ask you you, which goes thus;

I tried to save money in one of our Nigerian bank, please how can convert and save it to dollars?

Bcoz the work I'm doing is menial and to save no dey easy as I'm trying my possible best to leave the car race, please I need your enlightenment, thank you.

You will need to open a Dom account at any bank. However, the condition is that you will need two references from people with a CURRENT account. This current account is usually owned by salary earners or business people. Once u open d account, u can buy dollar from aboki (any amount) and deposit it in your dollar account. Don't collect torn dollar from aboki o, even if it is a minor tear
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by LZAA: 6:30am On May 30, 2023
Nazgul:

I don't know how to tell you this as someone has tried to explain to you but lemme try
To maintain a refinery you need a lot and i mean a lot of finance
Now if dangote heck even other PRIVATE refineries follow your logic they will go out of business at the speed of light
They can never sell fuel lower than 400p/l because they have operating costs to service
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by LZAA: 6:31am On May 30, 2023
OmoNla99:

You were paying N170 because it was subsidized. With Dangote refinery, Nigerians won’t buy fuel less than N600. Let’s keep watching as drama unfolds.
I really find it hard to understand that people don't know this😄
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by ValeeLove(m): 6:42am On May 30, 2023
I hope the fuel is cheaper for non-igbos and APC supporters?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Uwaila Omozuwa Rape: President Buhari Reacts, Directs Police To Fish Out Rapists / Lauretta Onochie: Apostle Suleman, Gambler Who Spends Church Money On Concubines / ESN Kills Reverend Emeka Merenu In Imo State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.