Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,044 members, 7,828,676 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. (56604 Views)

How Much Are You Buying A Litre Of Petrol In Your Area? / I Just Bought Fuel At ₦950 A Litre In Ajah / FACTCHECK: One Litre Of Fuel In Nigeria To Cost N462 Without Subsidy? Unlikely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by chidiokay: 8:57am On May 30, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Does anyone tell a private individual how he runs his business.

If you want to tell dangote how to run his business then create a competitive govt refinery.

Remember cement is not sold cheap because we have limestone in Nigeria.

Sugar is not sold cheap because we have sugarcane in Nigeria.

Garri is not sold cheap because we have cassava in Nigeria

What makes you think fuel would be sold cheap because we have crude oil. Or does crude oil refine itself.

No one needs to tell a Private individual how to run his business becos the forces of Demand and supply for local and foreign are dictators.
Prime cost and freight cost is the major differences here, and from all computations the cost of refining our fuel here is Lesser ... when i say lesser i don't mean very cheap.
for instance if imported fuel without subsidy wil cost #600per litre, dangote refined fuel should be around #400-500 per litre.

No matter how selfish Dangote is, prime cost and other relative cost known to the marketers, is what will dictate his price ... No abracadarraah

The official price of dangote will be the cost of refining fuel abroad minus freight associated cost

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Pious101: 9:00am On May 30, 2023
Ogunleti01:
All these bear parlour analysis nah wa oo! so if you borrow money to finance a project, you must recoup your money back within a very short time bah. What happens to the transportation cost for taking crude oil to Europe for refining? what happens to the forex that would have been used to import the same product back to Nigeria?

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Yugoslavia247(m): 9:01am On May 30, 2023
chidiokay:

No one needs to tell a Private individual how to run his business becos the forces of Demand and supply for local and foreign are dictators.
Prime cost and freight cost is the major differences here, and from all computations the cost of refining our fuel here is Lesser ... when i say lesser i don't mean very cheap.
for instance if imported fuel without subsidy wil cost #600per litre, dangote refined fuel should be around #400-500 per litre.

No matter how selfish Dangote is, prime cost and other relative cost known to the marketers, is what will dictate his price ... No abracadarraah

The official price of dangote will be the cost of refining fuel abroad minus freight associated cost

So buying at 500 naira will solve the problems of Nigeria. The oil theft still continues because oil theft is happening to crude oil not refined oil. Oil theft has done more damage.

So will dangote solve that.

The government of criminals can never solve the problems

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Electrokco: 9:06am On May 30, 2023
Mr president only said they are going to remove fuel subsidy but hasn't done so yet so why the imidately increase in price

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by omoyami: 9:10am On May 30, 2023
I woke up to ₦600 per litre fuel this morning.

Abejukolo, Omala, Kogi State.
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Ogunleti01: 9:41am On May 30, 2023
[quote author=Pious101 post=123460147][/quote] Crude oil has always been sold at international price to the foreign refineries plus the shipping cost (exportation of crude oil and importation of refined crude)a nd the rest. Are you now telling me that refining locally would not save us enough forex from the bottleneck arising from the transportation of our crude oversea and the importation of the refined products?
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by airsaylongcome: 9:41am On May 30, 2023
Satanistx:
shut up. na your type dey sweet to burn

I sure say if I meet you in person I go burn you, your entire family and village

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by chidiokay: 9:46am On May 30, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

So buying at 500 naira will solve the problems of Nigeria. The oil theft still continues because oil theft is happening to crude oil not refined oil. Oil theft has done more damage.

So will dangote solve that.

The government of criminals can never solve the problems

The issue or cruel oil theft can easily be contained, that why the FG employ services of miltants groups and vigilantes to monitor the pipelines and over time there has being a huge relieve from low scores of bursted pipeline, FG is handling that well @least

Another name for Nigeria govt is Den of thieves and i think only a thief can unravel a thief's footprint on a tiled road

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Nolevel666: 9:49am On May 30, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Jail them for what exactly? If someone is selling Indomie at say ₦1000 per sachet, would you ask for that person to be arrested? It's market forces at play. Sellers set their price buyers determine whether they will buy at those prices. You cannot remove subsidy and them determine what price a businessman should sell his products at
I nor argue with you as you like to be cheated

Go and buy fuel for #700 i nor hold you

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Yugoslavia247(m): 9:52am On May 30, 2023
chidiokay:

The issue or cruel oil theft can easily be contained, that why the FG employ services of miltants groups and vigilantes to monitor the pipelines and over time there has being a huge relieve from low scores of bursted pipeline, FG is handling that well @least

Another name for Nigeria govt is Den of thieves and i think only a thief can unravel a thief's footprint on a tiled road

Who is talking of pipeline vandals.

Is that the oil theft that is milking millions of dollars.
Abeg shift
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by airsaylongcome: 9:56am On May 30, 2023
Nolevel666:

I nor argue with you as you like to be cheated

Go and buy fuel for #700 i nor hold you

Lol! That's the funny thing. I don't like to be cheated. But this is what capitalism is about! You cannot dictate price to sellers. Understand that the demand for petrol is inelastic. There is almost no close substitute. So the sellers will increase their price until the point when buyers refuse to buy. Then they would have reached equilibrium price. It's basic economics. Government cannot say they remove subsidy and then dictate what price sellers will sell at

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Nolevel666: 10:07am On May 30, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Lol! That's the funny thing. I don't like to be cheated. But this is what capitalism is about! You cannot dictate price to sellers. Understand that the demand for petrol is inelastic. There is almost no close substitute. So the sellers will increase their price until the point when buyers refuse to buy. Then they would have reached equilibrium price. It's basic economics. Government cannot say they remove subsidy and then dictate what price sellers will sell at

I understand where you’re coming from.

What I’m against is increasing the price of their old stock simply because of rumors just to gain excess profit.
Mind you, subsidy has been removed from the next budget so it’s not even news.

Had it been they had gotten the new stock with a different price and thereby increased their selling price to balance the equation, then no problem.
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by chidiokay: 10:09am On May 30, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Who is talking of pipeline vandals.

Is that the oil theft that is milking millions of dollars.
Abeg shift

i think you are the ignorant one, we have to kind of theft in the oil sector
Oil theft from pipelines vandal .. diverted to illegal local modular refineries or neighbouring countries refinery

Oil theft by Marketers .. diverting subsidied refined fuel to neighhouring countries.

i try to explain in the lowest form i can, because it like i am talking a Jss school student
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Sososo(f): 10:09am On May 30, 2023
Lawsaite:

Presidential road. Please you have an idea of any other place open? As we hear 700,We run go house.
We ll know the actual price by wednesday since monday and tuesday happens to be sit @ home and so many filling stations won't open.
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Saintinoo(m): 10:10am On May 30, 2023
UptownVibes:
You say? Biggest refinery o? You can say the price will be high,but he can always supply the quantity you need. That refinery is large o

Simple demand and supply law states that the higher the supply the lower the price. Biggest refinery? Dangote refinery has the capacity to refine 600,000 barrels and that is even on paper.

Stop taking Nigeria newspapers serious, if fuel prices should go down, then there should be more than 5 private refineries, the competition will bring down price. Dangote refi very will not serve and even if it does, price will go up because he will run as a monopoly.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by airsaylongcome: 10:14am On May 30, 2023
Nolevel666:

I understand where you’re coming from.

What I’m against is increasing the price of their old stock simply because of rumors just to gain excess profit.
Mind you, subsidy has been removed from the next budget so it’s not even news.

Had it been they had gotten the new stock with a different price and thereby increased their selling price to balance the equation, then no problem.

So I do a bit of buying and selling and I will explain something. Assume I always buy 100 units of an item for resale. And I have sold say 20 items and I hear that my purchase price for those items has gone up, it is only rational that I automatically increase my sales price so that when I go back to purchase, I can still purchase 100. If I don’t tweak my sales price, when I go back to buy, I may only be able to buy 60 units and will already be at a disadvantage as my business will contract from lower sales. It’s pure business fam. It’s not necessarily about making “big profit”. It’s about staying in business

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by EnterpriseMan: 10:14am On May 30, 2023
LikeAking:

You voted him, no lie.
I would rather hang myself than vote anything APC related. Last 8yrs was enough
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Nolevel666: 10:15am On May 30, 2023
airsaylongcome:

So I do a bit of buying and selling and I will explain something. Assume I always buy 100 units of an item for resale. And I have sold say 20 items and I hear that my purchase price for those items has gone up, it is only rational that I automatically increase my sales price so that when I go back to purchase, I can still purchase 100. If I don’t tweak my sales price, when I go back to buy, I may only be able to buy 60 units and will already be at a disadvantage as my business will contract from lower sales. It’s pure business fam. It’s not necessarily about making “big profit”. It’s about staying in business
Well, lets see how much fuel finally rolls out per litre.
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by airsaylongcome: 10:18am On May 30, 2023
Nolevel666:

Well, lets see how much fuel finally rolls out per litre.

With total subsidy removal and no interference from government threatening sellers, ₦700-₦1000 price point. With government "modulating" price after subsidy "removal" ₦350-₦500
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by kals4luv990(m): 10:21am On May 30, 2023
spencekat:
Abia petrol sales prices have been high.
350 as at this morning in aba
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Japa007: 10:47am On May 30, 2023
femagj:
No single filling station is selling fuel in my area (Owo in Ondo State)
We are talking of meaningful towns, you're calling that slum in ondo. embarassed

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Sleekfingers: 10:50am On May 30, 2023
Satanistx:
Shut up n stop this dumb comparison. how much is the minimum wage in dollars in those countries

Where in my comment did I insult you or anyone.

Ogun kill you there for insulting your useless father. ill-bred child jatijati. What's stopping you from making your comment , without insulting your useless?

The subsidy is gone . And if you don't like itm go and kill yourself.
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by adenines(m): 10:59am On May 30, 2023
Nazgul:

This is serious...so we're screwed.

yea, verily!
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Japa007: 11:04am On May 30, 2023
Mazulu:
I went to buy fuel today. They wouldn't sell. God help Nigeria
God should help the south-wastern pigs, not Nigeria grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Kosars: 11:05am On May 30, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Bro, you are one person I enjoy reading your posts on Nairaland but it will be naive to think the prices will remain around that range even with Dangote's refinery. grin
A litre for our side is 500
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Japa007: 11:08am On May 30, 2023
LincolnOnyeabor:
#600 in Nnewi.

Nigerians are worse than their leaders actually.
Ife sina isi mebie.. The leaders are the problem, every filling stations must follow the 'No subsidy policy'.

Welcome to the next level, I pity ewedu-munchers in the south-wastes, who know as them faces go be now..

Them go begin load their mothers for boots as usual, they must save cost at all level grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Japa007: 11:19am On May 30, 2023
Tflex01:
Filling stations in areas where Tinubu is hated will really profit a lot this period. They can even decide to sell it at 2k per litre and their people will be screaming Tinubu. I envy them. grin

Price of fuel has only added by #7 where I stay.
Ain't you a fool?.. Why is ur slum in 'mowe, ogun state' selling for N700, while other are selling lower in other states, afonjas and stupidity are like ewa & garri, they will never have sense, even if they enter grave, still no sense at all grin

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Japa007: 11:29am On May 30, 2023
I just heard that fuel is sold for #50 per litre in all the south-waste region grin grin..

ASIWAJU IS WORKING tongue

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Tflex01: 11:31am On May 30, 2023
Japa007:

Ain't you a fool?.. Why is ur slum in 'mowe, ogun state' selling for N700, while other are selling lower in other states, afonjas and stupidity are like ewa & garri, they will never have sense, even if they enter grave, still no sense at all grin

Tinubu have 8 years to lead us, he will correct most of this issues. Let's be patient with him.
Re: How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. by Japa007: 11:34am On May 30, 2023
Tflex01:

Tinubu have 8 years to lead us, he will correct most of this issues. Let's be patient with him.
Abeg, carry that ur ewedu mouth wey dey smell go one side, hmmmm..

See the odour everywhere, mtcheeew angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird / Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement / Nigerian Army Gets New University In Biu, Borno State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.